Kowrk is a platform that enables The Future of Work by connecting users with coworking spaces, business centers and other providers of shared offices. Eplore our views and thoughts on coworking & shared spaces.
#CoworkingSuccessStory is a series of success stories of firms who’ve benefitted from running their operations from a coworking space. Contact us if you want to share your story.
Show & Tell helps businesses to succeed in selling to their customers, investors, and employees by creating compelling presentations.
Mohammed Mafaz, founder of Show & Tell has shared his experience of coworking at Catalyst by Hub9. His search for a professional workspace at the center of the city that can help him meet his operational goals led him to this coworking space. Having meetings with clients and third parties at this coworking space has helped him build the brand.
Here is what Mafaz has to say about his journey at Catalyst by HUB9.
Nowadays, more and more people are finding that their jobs either aren’t fulfilling their creative desires or they aren’t paying enough; some are turning to start their own businesses, utilizing online tools to get their service or product to the masses. With developing technology going at its current rate, it’s easier than ever to put your business in the spotlight and make it a success.
But what if you’re just looking for short-term or part-time work? That’s something millions of Americans face, either as they retire and find that they just need a little extra to get by or as they look to supplement their current income. Many of these individuals love their day jobs but are looking for ways to make extra money to put into savings or to pay off a large debt. That’s where the gig economy comes in. Whether it’s driving for a rideshare service or doing freelance work online, working a “side hustle” can help you earn extra money and maybe even find a new career.
Here are the best tips on how to get started.
Create a plan
Because the gig economy is so vast and has so many people working within it, you’ll need to come up with a good plan for breaking in. Think about what you’d most like to do: if you’re creative and are good with words, freelance writing is a wonderful way to make some extra money from home. Artists can pick up side work doing calligraphy, photography, or creating custom portraits for clients, while accountants can take in some customers during tax season and make a pretty penny. Think about what you’re best at, and look for markets in your area. Is there a need for your services? What is the competition like? Get familiar with the gig economy in your city, and do a little homework before making any decisions.
Plan out your time
Knowing beforehand how much time you can put into your new gig is extremely important. Some jobs will require more dedicated time than others, and while you can usually set your own hours, that isn’t always the case. Learn what will be asked of you, and make sure you can fulfill your commitment before taking on any new job.
Cut out distractions
Working for yourself–which is essentially what the gig economy is all about–means setting your own hours, working from home or unsupervised, and being responsible enough to get the job done without checking in with an employer. That’s why it’s important to cut out distractions to ensure that you can finish your work, since having a home office can actually make it harder to get things done. Let your family know that when you’re working and when you’re not to be disturbed and keep your professional and personal lives as separate as possible.
Working from a coworking or shared office space can be a very economical way to cut out distractions and still be productive. You can find all possible options at Kowrk.
“People fail because they don’t create a space and time to do whatever it is they need to do,” says one writer at Harvard Business Review.
One of the most important parts of gaining followers and clients in the gig economy is to learn how to market yourself. Creating a healthy presence on social media and attracting a customer base is a major step, but you should also have an engaging website that lets people know who you are and what your business is about. An important part of website design is having a logo that gives customers an idea of what you do at a glance and keeps you in their minds long after they’ve left the site. But what if you don’t have fancy graphic design software? No worries. With online services like Oberlo’s, you can create your own compelling logo for free.
A huge part of gig economy success is being reliable. Customers won’t come back if they find that you can’t be counted on or if you can’t keep a promise, so make it a point to be on time and commit to your business model. Try to be open and accommodating as much as possible, and go out of your way to wow them. This is important because many companies are wary of hiring someone remotely simply because it takes a huge amount of trust.
It takes a lot of planning and organization to work in the gig economy. As a self-employed citizen, you have to take special care with your taxes and lay out money for health insurance and startup costs yourself. Make sure you keep all your paperwork neat and that your work area is well-organized so you can stay on top of all your responsibilities.
Don’t work for free
That may sound silly, but many people find themselves in awkward positions when they first get into the gig economy or when they start their own business. Friends and family ask for favors or commission your time only to back out of paying you when the job has been done. Clients might even request your services and then try to barter or get you to lower the price. The best way to prevent this is to make your terms of service clear and request payment or a deposit up front. You can also refuse to become professionally involved with friends and family; some people find this is the easiest way to prevent issues.
Take time for yourself
Working for yourself can be extremely difficult, and it may even feel overwhelming sometimes. It’s important to take some time to yourself when you can, either by practicing a hobby you enjoy or simply relaxing. Incorporating self-care into your daily life will help you reduce stress and will allow you to be the best version of yourself possible, which will, in turn, help you run your business more effectively.
Making connections and networking will help you find allies in the business world who can help you when it comes to marketing, finding the right customer base, and making the right decisions in order to be successful, so make an effort to find conventions and other events that you can attend throughout the year. Connect with others on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, and maintain those profiles every day so that potential clients can find you easily.
Staying engaged with your customer base is more than just posting on social media; it’s also about sending follow-up emails, staying in touch with them during the time you’re working on their project, and maintaining a professional relationship throughout the entire process. This will ensure that they return and will help create great word-of-mouth promotion for your business.
Getting started in the gig economy is a great way to make extra money, and it can even take off and become something bigger. It takes a lot of dedication to make it a rousing success, but starting with a good solid plan will help you create exactly what you have envisioned.
(This is a guest post by Lucy Reed <email@example.com>. If you would like to contribute an original article, just get in touch.)
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay tuned with all that is happening in the coworking industry and the shared economy.
Singapore, a global commerce, finance, and transport hub with its standings as the most “technology-ready“ nation, top International-meetings city, a city with “the best investment potential”, and the second-most competitive country is burgeoning with coworking spaces across the nation. Many startups look for the freedom to work around the clock. Team Kowrk has compiled a list of is top coworking spaces in Singapore that offer 24X7 access.
1.The Co : The Co. aims at equipping people and businesses for their journey ahead. It is a premium work experience, that uniquely weaves life and business together through an inspired sense of adventure and purpose.
The Co. allows you to choose from a diverse collection of exclusive partner benefits specially curated with you in mind and gain direct access to the events, lifestyle, and opportunities that really give the added edge you need.
Facilities include 24*7 access, fast wifi connectivity, a well-managed pantry, terrace working area and more.
Dedicated Desk price starting from S$850 per month.
2.SmartSpace : Not only Smartspace is one of the coolest shared working spaces in town (8,000 sq. ft. worth of white-walled spaces, segmented accordingly like a private apartment with a kitchen area, meeting rooms, workstations, private desks, and even room for a spot of table tennis), it’s also most user-friendly and accessible. Even if you’re just a one-man operation trying to set up your first business, Smart space is one of the most reliable business solution centers in town.
This co-working place is great mainly due to its central location in Singapore. And the working environment is friendly and helpful too. If you want some relaxation in the break timings then the ping pong table is also available.
Dedicated Desk price starting from S$600 per month.
3.JustCo : JustCo is a creative common working space to suit your every need! They endeavor to foster a creative work environment, with a myriad of brilliant individuals and organizations vibing off each other to produce stunning work. Experience first-hand how co-working and hot desking can make a positive difference to your work life with JustCo! Regardless of the size of your organization… Let’s make work better.!
Coworking has become a popular way to work among the startups, SME, freelancers and even the large companies. The year 2017 saw a massive spike in the growth of the coworking industry and it continues to evolve further.
Coworking spaces provide a wide range of amenities enabling a productive and professional work setup. Flexibility is one of such features that make coworking popular.
There are many coworking spaces across different cities that offer Day Passes. These passes give you access to experience coworking for a day, in the least of cost. While you are traveling or when in another town, day passes provide you a workspace with Wi-Fi, cafeteria, and other amenities. Just check in and get to work. Our work deserves more than a desk and an outlet, and with day passes at coworking spaces one can experience a startling work culture and an avid environment amongst the hustlers of modern times.
“I find myself bouncing around the city like a madman most days, every coworking space I check-in to, treats me like a VIP” – The Newyorker
Team Kowrk has done strong research on astounding coworking spaces in the cities like Noida, Gurgaon, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Singapore that provide day passes. If you are in these cities and are looking for a professional workplace for a meeting, to do some work, local networking opportunities or just to experience the ambiance, Check out these spaces.
Following are the links to different cities providing you with a wide range of information on coworking spaces with day passes.
The city of Pune has been a favoured destination for over 100 years. This city is making it’s presence as an emerging centre for IT with several prestigious universities in the metropolitan area. With its amazing talent pool and strategic position close to mumbai, Pune is making it’s name as one of the country’s startup hubs. If you too want to set up a business in Pune but are confused which place to choose from,we have provided with the coworking spaces which offer one day pass so that you can spend a day or two and then decide which space to commit to.
1.TRIOS: TRIOS, Pune is a modern coworking space. It is a 2,300 sq ft space with private cabins, workstations, conference room, meeting room, pantry area. The space is well connected and good restaurants are just a walk away.
TRIOS offers the best of the class and standardized amenities. They don’t compromise on the quality of service. All you need to do is come to the office, work and enjoy the facilities. It’s a community, it’s fun, it’s a step towards growth! It is a nice place to work and gives you a feeling of owning your own office. It also gives people an opportunity to meet like-minded individuals who are friendly and professional.
2.Coworking Space, Koregaon Park: This coworking space near Taj Vivanta is at a prime location in Pune. Get access to a mix of ntemporary- urban yet formal co-working place with decked up conference room, cafeteria and completing with an unwinding zone. Enjoy uninterrupted High-speed internet connectivity. There is a recreation zone to help you recharge your batteries, regain your focus & network with fellow entrepreneurs. A dedicated concierge to help take care of all your work related nitty-gritties while you focus all your energies on your work.
3.Awfis Coworking Space: This space near Viman Nagar endeavors to offer a Work experience to its members which is beyond a simple work desk. The Awfis App community features coupled with offline events which range from workshops to fun filled networking events enables Awfis to create a community-driven ecosystem.
On International Women’s Day, we have mostly seen appreciation to the top level achievers but we often forget to thank those achievers who help us indirectly with our lives thus making it more comfortable. We take an opportunity to thank one such group of ladies who have helped meet the important requirement of working individuals – FOOD. Serving in one of the main corporate hubs of Powai, Mumbai, these ladies have roared to the losers that no task is beyond the bounds of possibility and for this, we salute them for their courage, dedication and hard work.
Started 11 years ago with a team of 4 ladies the “Shivshakti Mahila Vikas Mandal” had a belief that no task is impossible when done for the right reasons and 100 percent dedication. Grown to a team of 14 ladies now, they serve approximately 5,000 stomachs every month. The motto has been clear i.e. to serve hygienic and healthy food at a reasonable price to the people around.
Their journey though has never been simple as it may sound, from building the space to getting their personal utensils from home to make food, and to face opposition from the society whose ego of seeing these ladies progress was indeed difficult. The worst being their workspace getting demolished several times but they still stood strong together to rebuild and serve the purpose. Their Adhyaksha (head of the group) Ushatai Dimbal is the backbone of the group who helped them set up again and fought with the local politicians.
The management of the team is indeed commendable, they work in 3 shifts starting from morning 7.30 until evening 8.00, they operate without any use of WhatsApp or Facebook group for coordination, the handover is still very smooth.
We thank and salute such women who to help others can break any barriers and still stand strong and powerful.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay tuned with all that is happening in the coworking industry and the shared economy.
This article is the property of Kowrk.com. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi saw a significant entry of coworking spaces in 2017 and in 2018 there will be a definite expansion of existing players due to increased demand for coworking. So if you are a budding entrepreneur and want to set up an office in Delhi which provides communication and address services with very minimum investment, virtual office space is the service to try. Following are the list of coworking spaces in Delhi which offer virtual office spaces.
1. Mstoic Tech Park: At Mstoic Tech Park, they offer coworking space for anyone who wants to build a startup, has a small team and needs an office, or a big team who just want to work. Basically, you get the right environment and all the facilities of a premium office, without paying the premium amount. You are all set-up with an office, where you can work every day. You can leave everything to the management team and focus on what you are good at.
Virtual Office Space starts from Rs.1,000/+ month.
2. Coworking Space Lajpat Nagar, Near Axis Bank: This coworking space is located in the most prolific location in Delhi, just a few steps away from Moolchand metro station on the violet line. Get an opportunity to network with like-minded people, peers, and other businesses. Get access to open workstations, team cabins, Director style cabin, Cafeteria and a lounge to relax. Avail facilities including high-speed internet, unlimited tea/coffee, printer/scanner, and ergonomically designed chairs. There is an event space available for up to 60 persons.
3. Coworking Space Pitampura Near Max Hospital: This coworking space is ideal for startups looking to work with a supportive community. Apart from the obvious – luxurious infrastructure, high-speed internet, reception, IT, HR, legal, conference room usage, admin support, Coworking Space Pitampura Near Max Hospital offers free programs allowing local business owners to develop new skills. Free of cost workshops will be provided on digital marketing, understanding your customer, how to pitch etc.
Hyderabad historically known as a pearl and diamond trading centre is famous for the city’s traditional bazaars which attracted major manufacturing, research and financial institutions during the 20th century. In the 21st century the city of Nawabs is attracting the upcoming and promising businesses and entrepreneurs by offering them the technology and space. Coworking centres in Hyderabad helps you to grow in this direction too. And setting a virtual office space which requires minimum investment is the first correct step in this direction. We are providing you the list of coworking spaces which help you set up your own virtual office.
1. Coworking Space Madhapur : This Coworking Space Near Swiggy Office aims towards building a community of entrepreneurs, freelancers and like-minded professionals. Located at 100 feet road, it is easily accessible by public transportation. Get access to amenities including high speed internet, cafeteria, scanners, printers and a terrace/outdoor working space.
2. Coworking Space Begumpet : Coworking space near TMC offers an ecosystem for startups in Hyderabad to co-work, live and prosper from ideation to profitable ventures. Many of us have great ideas which need smarter talent, right advise, enough capital and many more attributes to be successful. This coworking space has a group of ideators, technologist, designers, startup junkies and investors, who not just love startups but live in it. Their motto is to help a startup in any way we can and build a thriving ecosystem for startup in Hyderabad.
3. Unispace Business Center : It is a comprehensive workspace provider with an office space of just about 30,000 sft. They at Unispace Business Center, make available flexible and custom-made business solutions to help you promote the right corporate image. They as an affordable coworking space solution provider, help you deal with the challenges of modern working. They deliver customized solutions for all new and expanding businesses to stand out of the competition. Apart from contributing to the bright design of flexible office space, they assist you with professional services and networking.
Want to set-up an office in Bangalore but don’t want to bear the cost of entire physical office? Then Virtual office spaces is to look out for. These are the places which help set up your business along with a dedicated phone number and professional call answering service. The IT Hub of India provides the following coworking spaces that offer virtual addresses.
1. JP Nagar Coworking Space: Coworking Space JP Nagar Near Brigade Millennium is a vibrant and productive office that has spacious air-conditioned rooms with comfortable seating, power backup, high-speed internet accessible over LAN and WiFi. The place has close proximity to Metro Station, restaurants and landmarks like Brigade Millennium and Elita Promenade.
2. Innov8, Koramangala : Innov8 is the address of choice for a workspace for young and energetic folks because of its inspiring atmosphere. People who want to make a dent in the world choose Innov8 as their preferred working space. All this in one of the most happening places in Bangalore with fast wi-fi, outdoor working area along with a pool, foosball table, table tennis arena and other breakout zones to be yourself when you don’t want to work.
3. Business Centre Whitefield Near Nallurahalli Circle : This is one of the finest business centres in Bangalore having about 250 workstations conveniently situated amidst IT Hub, Nallurhalli Junction Whitefield and very well connected to the city centre & airport via public transport. This is an approved business solution for freelancers, where business can rent offices. A fully furnished & equipped, plug –in office space offering an ideal solution for virtual office space requirements which is lively surrounded by the best residential & commercial hubs in Whitefield.
Coworking spaces over the globe are trying new and innovative techniques to make entrepreneurs work in a comfortable and joyful environment with many giving the option of working in an open area. Lack of walls or other physical barriers makes it easier for employees to interact with each other on a regular basis. The constant intermingling not only generates a sense of camaraderie among personnel, but it also enhances the flow of information and teamwork. Below is a list of such spaces in Gurugram who offer open working areas.
1 THE BEER CAFÉ : This Coworking Cafe in Supermart Gurugram is famous for being India’s favourite alcobeverage service brand of restaurants that offers cool and casual workspaces. They offer workspaces with extremely relaxed and positive ambience, making work more fun. The Beer Cafe can be a better option for your workplace with a flexible day pass and can be used on any day of the week between 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Enjoy access with free wi-fi along with food and beverages worth the price of the pass you purchase.
2. SproutBox : SproutBox is designed to be the coolest coworking space, and their first facility in Gurgaon has seating for 100+ Coworkers. With plans available from One Day a Week, Day Passes, to a 24×7 access for individuals to even team rooms, SproutBox is creating a difference in the crowded market of Coworking Spaces. The Board of Mentors, Perks Providers, Partners, and Other Additional Services let you focus on building your startup or doing the business you are in while leaving all the worry to professionals who provide these services.