Everything with Amy is going fantastic. Safe to say that we’re in an exclusive, committed, fun girlfriend / boyfriend relationship. She’s met & has been interacting with my son and I’ve been meeting some of her close family members. Things are progressing nicely & easily. Amy’s amazing & I’m very grateful to you for introducing us.
As an Austin Professional Matchmaker, I am constantly searching for unique date ideas that go well with the relaxed and quirky vibe Austin is known for. These unique date ideas will create romance and help you get to know someone in another light besides just candlelight! Doing an activity on a date is a great way to ease the pressure, and it lets someone see a cool, fun side of you that may not come across in a stuffy restaurant.
Plus, if you’ve been together for a while, trying new unique date ideas could reignite those flames. According to numerous scientific studies, novel experiences can flood the brain with dopamine and norepinephrine, the same chemicals that are released when you first fall in love.
A lot of my recommended date ideas in Austin are based around physical activities. People here don’t let 100 degree summer days stop them from taking a run or going on a long bike ride. In fact, besides being the musical capital of the world, Austin is known for being a super fit city. Its not quite LA, but there’s a juice bar on every corner and every third person you meet is a yoga, Barre, or Soul Cycle instructor. As further evidence of Austinites commitment to physical fitness, Austin is constantly ranked as one of the most bike friendly cities. In addition Austin boasts a massive parks system, which spans more than 29,000 acres. With a never-ending list of things to do, a booming job market, and some of the friendliest people in the country, it’s no surprise that 100 people move to Austin every day.
Ideas range from golf to zip lining to axe throwing (I bet you didn’t know that was a thing now!) Now get going and make some plans that are more than just making reservations!
Genevieve Zawada, Certified Matchmaker and Founder of Elect Club , London’s most exclusive and prestigious matchmaking service, weighs in with tips on how to have a successful first date etiquette.
A first date is always nerve wracking and some people love them or hate them, a bit like marmite. We are always being asked to give date advice and top tips so we thought it about time we tackled the issue of first date etiquette.
Here are some essential skills to mastering the art of a first date
Recently Genevieve was asked to go on Sky’s Love Talk show to give advice to viewers on first date etiquette. You can see what was said in the following video and also find some essential key points below. Take note, relax and get prepared!
There are some really simple steps you can follow to turn a good first date into a great one.
1. Speak to each other at least 24 hours before you are meeting so you are comfortable
hearing each other’s voice. Confirm where you are meeting and at what time.
2. Preparation is key, so ensure you have plenty of time to get ready and ideally don’t
go straight from work. This allows you to relax and feel good.
3. Wear clothes that you are comfortable in and make you feel confident.
4. Smell nice. A little bit of perfume or aftershave is a must.
5. Brush teeth. Oral hygiene is key.
First Date Etiquette
1. Smile, everyone likes a smile and a smile says so much more than words.
2. Don’t eat food, just have a drink, keep it simple, go for a walk, and somewhere you
can talk to get to know each other better.
3. Don’t get drunk on the date or drink before the date.
4. Be your natural self and don’t pretend to be someone you are not or make out that you
are someone else. Relax and be you.
5. Keep your mobile phone switched off.
6. Don’t talk about ex-partners or any past relationship disasters or even great past
relationships. You are there to know about each other and get to know the date you are
7. Talk about holidays, your hobbies, interests, food, funny things you have done, keep
it light and fun.
8. Avoid talking too much about work or questioning your date about work, you don’t
want it turning into an interview or business meeting.
9. Ask questions of each other, nothing too deep and meaningful unless you are both in
that space, but be curious and ask questions of your dates life, interests and fun
things that they like and things that they really don’t like. Find similarities and
share stories with each other so you are comfortable with each other.
10. Be polite and courteous to each other, Guys remember chivalry it goes a long way.
11. Girls say thank you if the guy buys you drinks.
12. If you go in for the kiss on a date, don’t wait until the end of the date, if there is
a moment that seems appropriate then just test the water with a light fun flirty kiss
and take it from there.
1. If you like the person you are on a date with say so! Tell them you have had a nice
time and want to see them again.
2. If it hasn’t gone well, be polite and say that you feel it wouldn’t be right to see
them again. It’s best to be friends.
Well, we hope you have some good tips to make you feel more comfortable, but essentially be yourself and have fun!
For more information on Genevieve and her company Elect Club, please click HERE
Because of Julia and Deanna I met the love of my life. The process was easy and seamless and they were very organized and attentive. I really appreciate you both for your wonderful service! Thanks a million!