The white dots (or whatever it is) dont feel like pimples at all. Sometimes they are more defined and sometimes they are less. It appears mostly on my upper torso: my chest and upper back and shoulders. The photo is of my right shoulder.
Hi guys! I just got my skin test for environmental triggers done yesterday. They scratched something like 40 allergens into my back. Only one of those started showing. Then they injected the rest into my arm (like a tb test). I'm essentially allergic to all of the plants that we have where I live (southern Arizona). The tech explained all of the results to me and we scheduled a follow-up appointment with my ENT doctor. That appointment is over a month away.
So what can I do in the meantime? This is what I'm thinking, but please let me know if you know of anything else. I am currently prescribed pepcid (for some throat swelling) and zyrtec.
When I wake up, neti pot rinse and take a zyrtec. Go to work and wear nasal filters (I work alone and in a place where I am exposed to many of my allergens). Before I leave from work to go home (I work 4pm-midnight), take a benadryl. Upon arriving at home, take off shoes and leave them in the garage. Take off all work clothes and place in washing machine. Shower (I have long hair and am wondering if the pollen would get trapped in my hair?). Take a pepcid and go to bed.
Is this overkill? Anything you would add or remove? My allergies aren't the absolute worst, but I've been suffering for years and just want to do all that I can to reduce my symptoms now that I know what I'm allergic to. The tech at the allergy office said that my ENT doc will more than likely recommend allergy shots.
I’ve been suffering from really really bad allergies since March with insane sinus pressure. I’ve been taking Zyrtec d with Flonase. A few days ago, I got really bad sinus pressure, so I took my Zyrtec d in the afternoon. Ever since then I’ve had a very faint ringing in my right ear that is only noticeable in silence. However, it seems to go away for the day when I move my jaw in a certain way or yawn, where I can then hear a crack and it subsides. Also whenever I open my mouth I can hear like a pop or crack in and around my right ear.
I’ve been noticing some pressure under and around the ear as well. When my doctor checked it out he said my ears had a ton of fluid, he could see the fluid dripping down the back of my throat, and my lungs were awful. What’s going on here?
Does anyone have more info on this? I got allergy shots from 2001-2006 (when I was 13-17 y.o.) and they worked great for getting rid of allergy symptoms. One thing I've noticed is I started to get tired around that time and am still generally tired all the time with no medical explanation.
I'm having nasal airflow restriction this year so thought about having allergy shots again but recently learned they contain aluminum? I'm sure 1 shot with a small amount of aluminum is fine, like in a vaccine, but what about getting hundreds of them over 5 years i.e. allergy shots?
My crazy mind has be thinking the aluminum has caused me to be tired all these years.
Apparently my allergies this year are nasal airflow restriction only which is odd. No runny nose, no red itchy watery eyes, just airflow restriction. It doesn't really feel like allergies and I haven't had any allergy symptoms since moving from upstate NY to SoCal 9 years ago.
I'm sensitive to meds so I don't like steroid nasal sprays or decongestant pills. I do use Patanase (Olopatadine) which usually works good with no side effects but isn't doing much recently.
I'm trying all the natural nasal decongestants to see what works best and would love any input you may have:
Quercetine & Nettles - worked ok together but didnt do much when I took them separate
Bromelain - didnt notice anything
Cayenne - worked a little
I'm going to try a horseradish tincture and will report back!
So I'm taking care of this cat for a couple of months and they were marketed as hypoallergenic, or so I'm told by their owners. The problem is I'm super allergic to cats (and dogs and horses and pollen and tomatoes and cucumbers and a bunch of other stuff) but I thought "why not, they're hypoallergenic", and I love them so much (I mean who could resist those adorable fur balls). I noticed this cat makes me react much less violently than normal one, but after a good cuddling session I will feel my airways getting blocked, my nose being stuffed and my eyes in a pretty bad state. I've still got a month or so to go before the owners come back to get the cat. Do you have any explanation as to why I still react to that cat, and and you have any recommendations for what to do about it?