Good afternoon everyone. The snow & rain today has created undesirable driving conditions throughout the lower mainland. Please be extra careful on the roads, and use your judgement to ensure a safe & timely drive back home.
It has been snowing non stop in parts of the Tri-Cities since 3:30 pm. It is too early for us to decide on the closure of the daycares for tomorrow, but we highly suggest you plan for alternate care if you cannot take the day off tomorrow. We will publish a post tomorrow prior to 6:00am to notify you if we're open or closed for the day due to the snow.
Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning starting this afternoon going into the evening. Heritage Mountain Daycare & Rocky Point Montessori are both open today, but if the snowfall does start this afternoon, we will close at 3pm today. Please be ready or have plans in place to pick up your child by no later than 3pm if indeed their predictions are correct and the snow starts up again this afternoon. If you are able to take the day off, please do so and keep your child at home.
Please note, if the snow continues into the evening, then both Daycares we will remain closed tomorrow.