Our team of dental professionals provide the best in dental care for all your family members. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality care in a positive, safe environment. Our focus is to respect your concerns and promote optimal health.
Ah, Halloween! Probably one of the most fun holidays of the year. Kids (and adults…we don’t judge) get to dress up and pretend to be scary, magical or something in between. They race through neighborhoods, collecting mountains of candy. And at the end of the night, they come home with their bounty, looking forward to the days (weeks…months…) of candy eating. What’s not to love about Halloween?
Eldorado dental (and me, Dr. Haley Ritchey) don’t want to sound prudish nor do we want to be a major buzz kill, but Halloween isn’t the best holiday. I mean, we love the fun and the costumes and the cute kids shouting, –“Trick or treat!” –we just don’t like all that candy. Candy is fine in moderation, but Halloween causes moderation to go flying out the window like a witch on a broomstick.
As most of you know, sugar is the enemy to healthy teeth. The mouth is full of good and bad bacteria and there is a constant struggle for balance. When sugar is introduced, like with Halloween candy, the bad bacteria then starts to destroy teeth. Next, you’ll be left with;
We really don’t want you or your kids to go through that so Eldorado Dental is offering a fantastic opportunity to part with your excess candy, make a little green and make our service men and women smile.
Eldorado Dental is hosting a Candy Exchange the first week of November. That’s right, just bring that candy in and exchange it for money or fun gifts. We will be sending all the goodies to Operation Gratitude and sent overseas to our men and women in the armed forces. Just think of it! Thousands of men and women serving our country in foreign lands get a little taste of home.
It’s that simple!
Send out the kids to get as much candy as they can carry
Come home and go through it to pick out a few favorites
Bring the rest of the candy to Eldorado Dental
Exchange the candy for money or gifts
Candy gets donated and makes our men and women in uniform feel loved
Go home with a good feeling and some cool stuff
Enjoy Halloween and collect that candy. When you are done, bring it on by. Candy exchange will be the first week of November (November 5-9, 2018) at Eldorado Dental 1 Caliente Rd. Ste E. We look forward to seeing you!
The summer has come and is quickly on its way out. You and your family have spent time at the lake, ocean, river, waterpark, picnic, fireworks show and everything in between. You’ve had so much fun with your kids…maybe too much. Now that school is starting, you feel that sense of hope returning. You find yourself smiling at the memories, but are ready to send your child out the door for school.
Getting the perfect backpack and right amount of pencils is a breeze to get life back into the swing of things. There is, however, one thing many parents don’t plan for and it’s kind of important.
Eldorado Dental is here to remind you that as you get erasers, crayons, paper and binders for your children you also need to get their teeth ready for the school year.
The end of summer is the perfect time to bring your son, daughter or the entire family in for a dental checkup and cleaning. Think of it like back-to-school for everyone’s teeth.
Start by making an appointment. For younger children, talk to them about what to expect at the dentist’s office. Mention how important it is to get teeth checked regularly to keep them strong and healthy. Notify the dentist if any of your children are nervous, they can take extra steps to ensure they feel comfortable. Bringing a comfort toy/item doesn’t hurt either.
Be sure your children brush and floss before your appointment to present clean teeth. It’s easier for the dentist and hygienist to work on a clean surface and spot any problem areas. Don’t forget to mention any issues your children might be having with their teeth.
Use this opportunity to make a fun day out of the dentist visit. A quick stop at a favorite store or even the park before or after the visit will give your kids something to look forward to.
Getting back to school is a yearly right of passage for kids everywhere. Don’t just stop at school supplies for your family, get them to the dentist to keep those teeth strong and healthy.
There is always a reason to celebrate (we like National Smile Month), and with twelve months in a year, there are twelve ways to recognize unique events year-long. For instance, did you know that July is considered Hot Dog and Pancake month (although you probably should celebrate those separately)?
Or that November is World Vegan Month (sorry Thanksgiving) and April is National Car Care Awareness Month? It seems there is something fun or even practical to celebrate every single month. But this month is near and dear to my heart. I, Haley Ritchey DDS. Love June because it’s National Smile Month.
I know, I might be a little biased but what’s not to love about sharing a gorgeous smile? So, in honor of National Smile Month, I have compiled some facts about and ways to protect that smile of yours:
* Feeling better is only a smile away! That’s right, the simple act of smiling can help you feel better, more relaxed and even happier. So, share that smile.
* For a good clean choose a soft bristle brush. A simple, soft-bristle brush will give your teeth a thorough cleaning. If you need a medium bristle, be sure to be gentle as you brush. Hard bristles are best used for removing rust from metal or cleaning grout.
* There is more than one type of smile. Researchers found out that there are nineteen different types of smile. From social smiling to love, or genuine happy smiling, they each have a purpose.
* For a whiter and brighter smile, see your dentist. Teeth whitening is an effortless way to refresh your smile with whiter teeth. It’s a simple procedure with fast results that can leave you with the brighter teeth you’ve been hoping for.
* A good smile can de-escalate tense situations. Having problems with a co-worker? Greet them with a genuine smile. Showing genuine happiness through facial expression is a wonderful way to calm tensions…or make them wonder what you have planned.
* Tartar control leads to healthier teeth and healthy teeth make for beautiful smiles. Twice-yearly cleanings not only remove tartar they preserve tooth health. Healthy teeth just look better when you give a smile.
The dental experts at Eldorado Dental know how to protect teeth and restore smiles to their full brilliance. In honor of National Smile Month, give us a call and see what we can do for your gorgeous smile.
A recent Huffington Post article cited a National Geographic study which determined the happiest places to live in the United States. They used metrics like the amount of civic engagement, financial security and…. how often people visited the dentist. And when you think about it, it just makes sense. Happy people need those pearly whites to look and feel their best. So, it’s no wonder that a great dental practice like Eldorado Dental, plays such a vital role in overall happiness. Here are some reasons why;
· A healthy smile inspires confidence. It’s true, when you feel confident enough to let your smile shine, people notice. The best way to maintain a radiant smile is daily brushing and flossing and regular trips to the dentist.
· Tooth aches drive away happiness. Nothing brings you down quite like dental pain and living with tooth and mouth pain can really drain the joy out of even the most enthusiastic person. Visiting the dentist at the first sign of pain can fix the problem and restore your happiness. If it aches, don’t wait, get to the dentist and get your happy back.
· Those stained teeth don’t need to bring you down. Suffering from discolored teeth makes you want to hide your smile and put a kink in your happiness. Taking a trip to the dentist for a little whitening will make your teeth look better, you feel better and uncover that gorgeous smile.
· A great dentist will help you overcome any fears you may have. Regular visits to the dentist can bring fear to many people, taking away their joy. Finding a good dentist and working with them to overcome fears will keep your mouth looking and feeling its best. Shop around for the right dentist to help you ditch the fear and keep the happy going.
· Regular visits to the dentist help you get out there and make friends. That’s right, a healthy mouth and great smile helps you get out there and make friends. Mouth and teeth issues can stop you from being the social butterfly you were meant to be. Practicing great oral hygiene and seeing your dentist regularly can help you keep your beautiful smile and feel more social.
While it might not be the most obvious predicter of happiness, taking the time to visit your dentist and care for your smile is an important aspect in achieving overall joy.