Damsel and Angel is one of the Indian blog sites by a young Indian Youtuber and girl blogger and her Golden Retriever dog in India. She also does DIYs, vlogs, book reviews, product reviews, dog blogs, pet supplies and more.
'So you want me to open this box? Looks pretty old.' said Mr.Madison interested. He thought for a while and went to the store room to get a large hammer. He hammered the old lock as hard as he could. The girls stared at the box with excitement. After many tries it finally opened. The girls screamed with excitement and sat down beside their father. There were huge smiles on their faces They opened the box slowly with enthusiasm expecting something great.
The peculiar Pencil
Chapter - 2
Tiro - the genie
The sisters were extremely happy that they now could finally open up the box. The time had come. They opened the box. But guess what! There was a random pencil inside it! The girls were so very disappointed that they wouldn't talk for hours. The day passed and girls went to bed gloomily.
The next day Lucy had nothing to do, so she took the box to her room and took out the pencil. She randomly drew a flower on a piece of paper. After a second, blue smoke started fuming out of the tip of the pencil and started making a hissing sound. Coincidentally, Avery just came out of the bathroom gloomily after brushing her teeth. The moment she came out, her eyes brightened with surprise and her jaw dropped. There was a genie in their room! Lucy was even more shocked. First of all because of the genie (obviously) and secondly because the flower she had drawn came to life! It was a real flower! The genie looked so funny that Lucy giggled the first time she saw him. He kind of looked like a clown. His skin was so dark that he would become invisible on a starry night. He had pearl white curly hair and he even had a few multi colored streaks! He wore a designer waistcoat that was purple and white and had tattoo like drawings on it. He even had a bright red nose.
Lucy imagined herself to pluck out the poor genie's nose and play catch with it like a ball!
The genie said, 'Good morning your majesty. I am the keeper of this pencil. It is a very special pencil. Whatever you draw with this pencil, comes alive! But make sure you only use it for a good cause or else your life can be in grave danger.' Then he turned into smoke and went inside the pencil. The girls were speechless. They just kept staring at each others faces for a long time. Then suddenly the genie reappeared and said, 'Sorry my lord...Or rather lords....I did not introduce myself. I am Tiro. I live inside this pencil and whenever you want to call me, just press the tip of the pencil, where the eraser is and call my name; and I will be there. Namaste! And he went away. After what seemed like hours, Avery finally said, 'Wow! That was intense!' Lucy was always up for adventure and was also full of ideas. So she said, 'Avery! let's ask Tiro to take us into his world of genies! That would be so much fun!' 'Amazing idea Lucy!' Avery replied. So the two sisters came up with a plan.
At midnight, the duo will call out Tiro and tell them their wish. 'And obviously he would not reject it as we are the lords!' said Lucy with swag while wearing sunglasses. 'We will ask all the requirements to go there. But we should make sure that we come back by dawn as our parents should not know anything about this. The sisters had a big grin on their face all day. Their mom was confused as in the morning they were very grumpy. 'How are you guys so happy now! Are you over the fact that you did not find anything special in that box?' asked their mother curiously. 'Umm...We are just happy that we did not find gold as then we would get into trouble if the owner finds out.' said Avery nervously.
The night had come. They ate their supper as fast as they could and acted as if they were very sleepy. 'I am going to bed mom. I am really sleepy.' said Avery. 'Same here. I am sleepy too.' said Lucy. They went to bed.
They did not even sleep for a second. They stayed awake and kept looking at the clock every 5 minutes. They waited and waited. Then it finally struck 12 o'clock! They jumped and sat on their bed. They tried to hear if their parents were awake. Thankfully they weren't. So Avery stealthily went and brought the pencil to their bed. Avery whispered to the pencil, 'Tiro' while touching the eraser. The genie blasted out of the blue smoke. 'Good morning young ladies! oh wait, it's 12 in the night.'
'Shh!!' said the girls. 'Quiet! Or you will wake up our parents!' said Avery. 'Oh... I can smell some mischief in the air!' said the genie naughtily. The girls giggled. 'Okay... so we want you to take us into your world of magic. We want to see how people live there.' said Avery. 'Oh...this is a tough decision. Our world is not that safe you know? Recently, a cruel wizard has taken over our country. He is known as Lord Norbert. So make sure you always stay with me and never go wandering off on your own. If you promise me to do this, only then I will take you.' said Tiro. Then Tiro chanted a spell with weird movements and then there were 3 blasts of smoke and off they went into the magical world of genies!
Stay tuned for the next chapter where you can read about the adventures with Tiro.
P.S. I just remembered that I named the characters in the stories by my dolls' names 😂😉
The Peculiar pencil
Chapter - 1
Lucy and Avery were 2 sisters who had recently moved to a new house. They were very excited as there was a huge park in front of their apartment which they could explore.
The next day, as soon as they came back from school, they ran to the park to play. Lucy was 8 and Avery was 10 years old. Lucy started digging the sand to make a sand castle. She loved making them. While digging, she hit something hard. It was not a stone as it was dark blue in color and was a perfect rectangle. Avery was enjoying herself on the swings. 'Avery! Come here I found something!' Lucy shouted. Avery came running. 'Why is that you are shouting?' she asked. 'Look at this! It's a mysterious box!' Lucy replied. 'Help me pull it out' Avery said. Together they dug and dug and finally got the dark blue box out. They were very shocked to see an old box in the park. Especially as it was secretly buried. They tried opening it but it wouldn't budge. So they took it home. They told their mother all that had happened. Their mom looked a little confused. There was a lock that kept them from opening it. she told them that they would have to wait until their dad comes home and then they can do something about it. Avery and Lucy went inside their room sadly. Their curiosity made them restless. They had to wait all day long to open the box and they had nothing to do. Or rather they did not want to do anything else. So a conversation started between them. 'What could be inside the box?' Avery asked herself and to Lucy at the same time. They started imagining things. 'What if there is gold inside it!' thought Lucy. 'If it is not that valuable, then why would they hide it underground?' Good thought Lucy.' praised Avery. Avery started reading a book for a change as they were getting bored.
Time passed and their dad, Mr.Madison arrived from work. The sisters were overjoyed. They ran towards the door. Mr.Madison hardly even entered the house and the girls were all over him. They told the whole story excitedly to Mr. Madison, and both told it together in their own words and poor Mr.Madison didn't understand a thing. 'Wait kids! Let him at least take off his shoes! It has been a hectic day for him and he needs some rest.' said the girls' mom. Then the two girls sat grumpily in a corner until their dad freshened up. After sometime their dad finally came to them and asked what had happened. They started streaming him with questions and some answers but he had had enough! 'Wait a minute' said their dad loudly. Tell it slowly. Avery, you start.' Avery narrated the whole thing properly with some parts from Lucy. After listening, their dad finally said, 'Okay.... now bring the box here.' Lucy ran as fast as she could and got it. "So you want me open this box? Looks pretty old." said Mr.Madison interested. He thought for a while and went to the store room to get a large hammer. He hit the old lock as hard as he could. The girls stared at the box with excitement. After many tries it finally opened. The girls screamed excitedly. and sat down close their father. There were huge smiles on their faces They opened the box slowly with enthusiasm expecting something precious! When they opened the box, they couldn't believe their eyes! What they saw in the box was completely unexpected... Stay tuned for the next chapter to find out what is inside the box!
This was the best day for Angel. We had so much fun! I just saw a message saying that India's first dog Resort was open! We had to go. When we saw the website, I got even more tempted to go there because it even had a huge swimming pool! Angel did swim before but she had a bad experience there. This time I had to make her swim happily! And thus....we did go. It was a pretty long drive and the weather was really very hot. The whole thing was not made but it was still good. We were greeted with 2 huge playgrounds and 1 big swimming pool. The resort is called- Petcart.
We let Angel off leash so that she could explore the place and I went exploring too. There was even a pond (for ducks) and one dog went swimming in it! It was fun to watch.
There was a huge boarding area that could keep over 50 dogs. One thing I loved about it is that you could even do a video chat with your dog if you leave it for boarding! There is also pick and drop facility provided. Angel played a lot in the off leash area. She even met many other dogs. But then her body got over heated and she was struggling to find a shady place to relax.
That is why I thought to take her to the pool to cool her down. First obviously she was very scared and refused to go in. Then to make her feel safe, I got into the water too. I think the heat and the confidence that I was there made her swim. This was the first time she swam happily. This was the best part of the trip. Then, she played some more. She hadn't eaten anything at home and even I was hungry. But there was a food truck coming for our rescue. I ate a burger with fries and we even bought Angel a bun to nibble on. And then we played again. Angel had never played so much in her life. There was even a result for it. She slept for 24 hours straight after we cam back home! She had never even slept that much before. Overall it was the best experience for both of us. I really recommend it for you.
Address: PetCart Nest V. Kallahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562125
Christmas is here! The most stressful thing on Christmas is to give a perfect gift to everyone. Honestly, if someone gave me a box of dog treats or some other interesting gift which is actually for my dog and not for me, I would be pretty happy! So I came up with a few ideas on what to give to a dog lover as a Christmas present! Or maybe you could just get a present for your dog!
1. Dog treats- Obviously. Treats always come in use and you are totally sure that he/she and their dog will like it.
These are the treats we usually buy for Angel and she loves them to the moon and back a million times! ;-)
2. Dog coats- These have been on the hike recently and they are just amazing! They are comfortable for your pooch as it is winter and it looks adorable. You can find many on a site calledLuxe Frog.
You can also find them on amazon.
3. Dog toys- Another obvious one. All dogs need and love toys as much as they love their food. It is their companion at all times. But one disadvantage is that it is very hard to find the perfect toy for a particular dog. There are many times when we buy very costly toys for Angel and it is destroyed in a few seconds and it goes waste. So depending on the type of dog you must buy a toy.
4.Dog beds- Dogs love beds too. They must feel comfortable while sleeping and they need a place where they can have their 'me time'. There are so many dog beds available that may be a very nice gift!
5. Kong toys- These are one of my most trusted dog products. We bought one for Angel 2 years ago and it is still being used. ( the ONLY toy that is so old but still in use). These are a bit costly but they are surely worth it.
6. Dog combing products- These might not sound like a good gift but it is a product that will surely come in use. This is an essential product and that person will really be thankful to you when you buy this.
7. Dog bathing products- These are also used for grooming and come in handy. Believe me, they make grooming so much easier. We use these exact same products and we are very happy with them.
8. LED collars- These are not so necessary but it surely grabs a lot of attention to your dog from strangers and makes heads turn. Even we have an LED collar and now people have started calling her 'Glowing Angel' because of the collar. Even random strangers who never even look at Angel, look at her and smile or give her a little affection. So that's the reason why this might be the perfect gift.
If you want to win the heart of someone and that person is a dog lover, make sure you buy something nice for them. I know how that is stressful and that's why I made this blog post. Hope you enjoyed it and hope it was helpful. If you have a dog but not a dog lover friend, buy one of these items as a Christmas present for your pet! I am very sure that your pet will like it as I have given all the links to the most trusted websites and products and I have bought almost all these products and I know that they are good. Enjoy your life and enjoy this Christmas vacation and have fun. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! Peace!
It's Diwali! This time of the year, people burst so many crackers and almost all the dogs get very anxious and scared and they become very restless. They express their stress by barking, whining or hiding in a confined place. Poor stray dogs are helpless and sometimes it even results in their death. That's why I insist you to please not burst crackers. Pet dogs are also hard to handle with loud noises that scares them. That is why I made a list of tips on how I keep Angel stress-free during Diwali.
1. Preparation - Take your dog for a walk before the fireworks start so that you don't have to go very close to the fireworks which makes it more dreadful for your pet. Make sure you have exercised him/her beforehand so that the dog is too tired to be bothered about the crackers, and he just takes a nap instead.
2. Be with your dog - The most important point of keeping your dogs calm is to be with them. If your pets are alone without company at home, their separation anxiety along with the fear of loud sounds can be extremely stressful for them. That's why I am always with Angel, and this helps her to be relatively calmer. So please do not leave your dog alone during Diwali.
4. Comfort your dog - If your pet is stressed out, call it to snuggle with you and pet it. As per my experience, this point really works; and this is my favorite way to comfort Angel. Who doesn't love snuggle puddles?
5. Reduce the sound - Make sure you have all the doors and windows closed so that it reduces the sound waves entering into your house. Also, make sure you dog is seated in his most comfortable seat so that he knows that he is safe.
6. Music - This might sound crazy but music actually helps in keeping your dog calm. There are many sound tracks on the internet that help in making your pet calm. Or you could play a song yourself if you play some kind of instrument.
7. Keep your dog hydrated - This is also a very useful tip to keep your pooch happy. I have observed that whenever Angel gets anxious, she tries to treat it by drinking water. Keep the water bowl accessible for your pet all day and night. If not, it will just add up to the the anxiety.
8. Keep calm yourself - You must remain calm first as your dog may pick up on any odd behavior. Also, whenever he comes to you for comfort, never ignore it as it may make him depressed.
9. Don't force them - Don't force them to face their fears or take them close the fireworks just because they are not barking or whining. It will just make them more frightened. Excessive panting and yawning tells that they are stressed.