My name is Lisa Gesualdi and I'm 52 years young. Women typically shy away from sharing their age, but I'm proud of the way I look and feel and want everyone reading this to embrace that confidence as well.
Summer is here and that means it’s time for a new swimsuit! In this post, I will be reviewing 5 swimsuits. I opted for one piece and high waisted this year. As I get older, I feel more comfortable wearing something with a little more coverage. Therefore, I decided to try the high waisted swimsuit. Yes, I know I’m a little late getting on this trend, but I figured I would give it try along with the one piece bathing suits that I have here.
Tie Front Scalloped High Waisted Swimsuit – $26.99
Yellow is such a trendy color this summer so this bright yellow swimsuit was a must have. I love the scalloped detailing and super high waist. I bought a medium and it runs true to size. Also, it comes in an extensive size range which went from a size S (USA 4/6) – XXL (USA 20). So, great for any shape and size.
Monokini Deep V Neck Swimsuit – $28.99
I love this brand CUPSHE. It is on Amazon Prime now and returns are free if the swimsuit doesn’t fit. This one piece deep v swimsuit comes in 10 colors and is made with 20% spandex so it hugs all your curves! For sizing, I wear a size 8 and bought a medium. It definitely checked all the boxes
The melon color is gorgeous with a tan
Flattering ruffle detailing adds a feminine touch
The plunging neckline makes it so sexy!
It has removable padded cups
The coverage is full on the butt area
Pink & Beige Flamingo Print High Rise Swimsuit – $25.99
Oh pom pom details! I’ve been seeing this style swimsuit all over Instagram. I knew I needed to see what all the fuss was about! Well first off, it is such a cute fun swimsuit with the pom pom detailing, It’s a string style bikini top with padded removable cups and a high waisted full booty coverage bottom. It comes in 16 colors/prints including this striped swimsuit which is an near identical dupe for the NINA Bikini Top and Bottom which is priced at $166!!
Women’s Plunge One Piece Swimsuit Monokini – $25.66
I believe everyone should have at least one black bathing suit in their wardrobe. This one has a flattering plunging neckline and criss-cross detailing. If you have a long torso, I would size up from your normal size.
Provides tummy control and moderate coverage on the bottom
It ties in the back for added support
Soft molded cups for shaping
It comes with a removable adjustable strap
High Waisted Retro Style Swimsuit – $29.99
This retro style swimsuit gives me total 50’s pin up girl vibes! I loved the sculpted cups and halter style design. This bathing suit comes in 17 color/pattern combinations. I especially loved the rushing on the bottoms, it totally hides any belly insecurities you may have. I know after eating my lunch on the beach, I get a food belly and it totally hides it!!
So that all ladies! , I hope you like my picks. I also included my favorite hats, glasses and coverups in the link below so you stay protected in the sun!
Enjoy your Summer!
This site contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Hello My Friends! Every year around this time, I get super excited because the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is just around the corner. Nordstrom is the only store that I know of that has a pre-season sale. All of the items in the sale are brand new for this year and are heavily discounted! As I thumb through the catalog, I am seeing all the fall/winter trends: Bold Bright Colors, Plaids, Animal Print and the newest styles in boots and handbags. The deals are incredible! To prepare you for the sale, I am giving you my tips for getting what you want!
If you love blush pink, you will love these sandals. I had to buy them because they are so stinking cute!!! I am just waiting until it gets warm enough to wear them. You can pair these wedges with anything, from a maxi dress to a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.
Flip flops were all over the runways during fashion week. Can you believe it? However, it’s not the rubber flip flops that you wear to the beach, instead; it’s an upgraded version, think rich leather and PVC Upper. These sandals from Ted Baker are so adorable!! They have a little bow detail and have a flowered insole. They also come in white.
Happy New Year Everyone! I am really existed to write this product review of the Morphe X Jaclyn Hill Dark Magic eye shadow palette. I have used other eye shadow palettes by this You Tube goddess and I couldn’t wait to try one of four in this collection created by her. As such, I bought my daughter the Dark Magic palette. She was just as excited as me to try it out. Of course, we thought it we would be fun to play around with it while she was home from college. We got our makeup brushes out and started blending creating two different eye shadow looks.
Eye Shadow Swatches
Eye Makeup Looks
Poof applied all over the lid as a base
Potion applied in the crease as a transition shade
Blended Inside Job in the crease with Potion
Trickery applied all over eyelid
Diversion center of eyelid
Temptress used as a liner on upper lid
Temptress and Inside Job applied under lower lid
First applied primer all over lid to take the redness out
Applied Poof all over the lid as the base
Shhh applied just above the crease as a transition shade
Potion applied below transition shade and blended with Shhh
Used Trickery & Inside Job blended at the outer corner of lid
Applied Power Cut all over the lid
MY OPINIONS ON THE PALETTE
The packaging is AWESOME!! The palette comes with a mirror and the outside of the palette has a glossy finish.It’s lightweight and easy to throw into your bag.
The shadows are very blend-able with minimal fallout on a few of the shades
Color choices are very wearable and you can create many looks
The price point is very affordable @$15.
There are 10 cool tone shades in the palette: 3 shimmer and 7 Matte shades. Looks great on brown and green eyes.
Overall, I am glad I purchased this palette for her. We were able to create two different looks. I applied my eye shadow with a lighter hand which created a more subtle look that I can wear to the office; where as, Olivia created a more intense eye look for going out to dinner with her friends. For $15, this palette is definitely a MUST BUY! I am running to Ulta right now to buy the other three in the collection. See Ya!!
Have you tried any of the Jaclyn Hill Vault Collection palettes yet? Let me know what you think of it in the comments below!
You know that saying, “Less is more”. Well that definitely holds true when it comes to eye makeup for middle-aged women. I have noticed that as I have grown older, I can’t use the same makeup products as I did in my 20’s and 30’s. Even my makeup routine has changed! The most important makeup tip to keep in mind is that you should wear makeup to enhance your features. If you are too heavy-handed, it will draw attention to lines and wrinkles, and I know you don’t want that!!
Follow these eye makeup tips for a subtle eye look that will embrace your natural beauty:
1. Prime Your Eyes
· If you are going to apply eye shadow, it is best to use an eye makeup primer which will even out the skin color on your eyelids. Some of you may also be noticing that the skin on your eyes is becoming more translucent. Priming your eyes with Stay Don’t Stray Eye shadow Primer. will keep your eye shadow in place and will create an even canvas for your eye shadow. Also, the formula is hydrating and helps fight the signs of aging, so you get an added benefit from using this product.
Eye Makeup Tip – Use a primer with a tint to even out the color of your eyelid and cover darkness or veining.
2. Apply Eye Shadow
· When choosing an eye shadow, stay clear from anything with glitter or sparkles. It draws attention to the wrinkles or fine lines on your eyelids. Instead, opt for a neutral eye shadow palette that will compliment your eye color such as Vanity Flare Eye Shadow Palette.
· Choose 3 colors from your palette that will blend seamlessly together. First, I use a satin finish on my lower eyelid to make my eyes pop, then I blend a matte color in the crease. If you have droopy eye lids, apply the color just above the crease because otherwise, the color will disappear. Lastly, I add a little darker color to the outer edges to give the eye a lift. Take a blending brush and blend the colors on the outer edge and the crease to make it a more natural eye makeup look.
Eye Makeup Tip – Use matte colors that won’t look chalky and will blend easily.
3. Eye Liner
· Eyeliner can really open your eyes, but if used incorrectly, it can make you look older. Avoid creating a thick line, it will look too harsh. Instead, create a soft line with the blending tip on the BADgal Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil.
· If you love the look of a cat eye but you are afraid that it will be to dramatic of a look for your age, try using There Real! Gel Eyeliner Pen. You can create a thin line that will hug your lash line and will make your eyes look bigger.
Eye Makeup Tip – Always choose an eyeliner that is long lasting and won’t smudge. This will keep you looking polished and put together.
· As we get older, we lose the volume and/or length of our lashes. So, choose one that will do both. My go to mascara before I had lash extensions put on was Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara. I have tried many formulas and this one is hands down the best. What’s even better is, it’s a drug store brand which means it’s reasonably priced.
· Before applying mascara, make sure you always curl your lashes. I blast some hot air from the hair dryer on the curler for a few seconds. Make sure that the metal isn’t too hot and curl. This will hold the curl longer.
· If you feel that mascara alone is not giving you the length or volume you want, try using an eye lash growth product such as Latisse. I used this for many years along with the voluminous lash paradise mascara. It works but, it needs to be applied every day. If you don’t or if you stop using it, your lashes will go back to its natural length.
· For me, I was tired of buying mascara and growth products. So, I decided to get lash extensions. I really love the look of them. They really open up your eyes and you look more awake.
Eye Makeup Tip – Another way to grow your lashes is to use a natural ingredient such as Castor Oil Hair Growth Serum to grow your lashes. It really works, and its a fraction of the cost of the Latisse.
· As you get older, your brows start to thin and make you look older than you are. Use Fool Proof Brow Powder or Goof Proof Eye Brow Pencil to fill in patchy spots and make your arches look thicker. Choose a eye brow color that is close to your hair color so they look natural and please, don’t over draw!!
Eye Makeup Tip – Always keep the eyebrow area groomed by tweezing or waxing any hairs outside of your brow line. If you have unruly bushy eyebrows, trim them and set the hairs with a brow gel. Use Castor Oil on your brows to fill in any patches. It really works!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I receive a commission if you visit a link and buy something on my recommendation. Purchasing via an affiliate link doesn’t cost you any extra, and I only recommend products and services I trust. All opinions are my own
I always loved Amazon for purchasing households items and electronics, but not until recently, have I started purchasing Amazon clothes. Buying clothes on Amazon was always so overwhelming to me. There are thousands of items on the website which is great because you have so many options. However, for the purchaser it can get pretty overwhelming and exhausting scrolling through countless pages. I usually give up on the 4th page, LOL. I knew there had to be easier way. So, here are my tips for getting what you are looking for in half the time.
First things first though, you NEED to get an Amazon Prime Membership. The membership is $119 a year which includes free 2 day shipping and free returns on thousands of items. Also, if you are a student, you get six months free and then pay $59 per year. It’s a great deal!
Tip #1 Use Search Bar
When you open up Amazon, there is a search field. Most people would start typing in a broad description of what they are looking for (i.e “Women’s Clothes”) I mean that’s what I use to do. A much faster way is to use the drop down menu next to the search bar. I chose Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry to narrow my search.
Tip #2 Be Specific In Your Search
When shopping on Amazon for clothes be as specific in your search as you can. I found this floral maxi dress when I searched floral maxi dresses for women.
Once you click on something you like, Amazon will recommend other clothes that are similar. They also show you what other customers viewed.
Once I find something I want to buy, I check the reviews. If there are no reviews or very few reviews, I will pass on the item.
I only purchase items from brands that have a lot of reviews with positive feedback.
I also check on the star rating and dig deeper on the positive and negative reviews.
Tip # 4 Read Product Description
The most important thing you need to do when purchasing clothes on Amazon is to check the size chart. The sizing can vary by brand. Looking at the measurements on the size chart along with reading reviews will give you a good indication of sizing. Also, some reviewers post pictures and their measurements which is very helpful.
Lastly, I only buy clothes that are available on Amazon Prime and have free returns. I have waited over 6 weeks once to get an item from China. I tried it on and it didn’t fit, they wouldn’t give me a full refund. Instead, they offered that I keep it and give it to someone and gave me half the money back. So Buyer Beware!