When people are walking inside your house, they should feel refreshed and happy. If they are somewhat turned off or weary, maybe your home’s smell is saying something. It needs to be changed now. Why not make some innovative room freshners with DIY fun methods!
First, you need to think about what sort of fragrance you like and want to make your signature.
1. Mason jar air freshener: Take some mason jars or simple old tomato sauce jars (when you are storing in fridge) and water. Pick any of your favorite fruits, extracts, some spices and herbs. Fill up the pot with water and start boiling it. When the mixture reaches boiling point, simmer the heat. This beautiful smell will keep revolving throughout the house and now the signature smell of your home is changed.
2. Rosemary air freshner –
If you love the smell of rosemary, then add two teaspoons of vanilla extract and a sliced lemon for a refreshing air freshener. Wake your home up.
3. Orange peel candles: You will require orange and unscented candle to prepare this air freshener. Fill the orange peel cup with wax, put a wick and voila!
4. Lemon-basil sprays: A lemon, one teaspoon of black peppercorns and handful of basils, that much you need for this preparation.
5. Cinnamon candles: Around your unscented candles, add some of the cinnamon sticks and when you light them up, a spicy and sweet smell will fill up your house.
Delhi is synonymous with all things that describe and make India. Not only because it is the capital city of the heterogeneous nation but because it is an amalgamation of culture, tradition, colour, grandeur, vibrance and festivity. Through its amazing aura, radiates the spirit, soul and love of Delhiites for living larger than life. One defining factor of the magnanimous Delhi city is the gut roaring aromas that engulf its scanty streets. One cannot help but drool over the magical madness of its varied cuisines. Here are some popular eat outs in the Delhi NCR region you cannot afford to miss:
The Uber-Famous Chandni Chowk: If you want to show a foreigner the absolute essence of India, take them to the streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi where the treats at Paranthe Wali Gali are almost equivalent to a king’s feast. Aloo Parantha, Gobi and Mattar will make your tongue sweat while you will be boggled by choices and varieties that range from paneer parantha to dry fruit parantha and more. Relish in the scores of chaat bhandaars along the street and lose yourself in their tongue clapping flavours. Why don’t you also try the kulfi, the Indian ice cream dessert that will put vanilla and chocolate flavours to shame.
Another must-visit stop at Chandni Chowk is the world famous Dahi Bhalla centre in all of Delhi – Natraj Ke Dahi Bhalle. One of the customers themselves quote “The creamy curd over the crushed bhalla sprinkled with the masala and red chilli powder makes for a visual delight. The spoonful that you put in your mouth melts away and soon you will be scraping the leftover from the sides to enjoy it a while longer.” There is no doubt or wonder that it is the tastiest gooey mess you can fill your tummy and heart with!
Who can forget the Old Famous Jalebiwala? His mouth oozing, hot and piping jalebis are the outright soul food which will transform your bad day in a jiffy. These jalebis are famous for their size and thickness. A single piece can weigh up to 200 grams or more! No other shop can match this quality or quantity.
Near the end of the adventurous and colourful food journey at Chandni Chowk, you will find yourself at Moti Mahal at Darya Ganj to treat your tummy with a royal rendezvous. Their world famous Butter chicken and Tandoori chicken will give you a happy bloat.
Then there is Lakshman Dhaba in IIFT near the Qutub Institutional Area is where you can find amazing and sumptuous food with great value for money. Revisit and relive your college memories as you dig into their yummy paranthas and mouth watering Chinese options. Bittoo Tikki Wala, popularly known as BTW and Delhi Chaat are two fool proof destinations to enjoy and relish in yummy tikkis and the USP of Delhi i.e. the Chaat. Khan Chacha, Indian Coffee Place and Keventers now known as Shake Square near Connaught Place are the go to hubs for youngsters.
Golgappas from Market Number 2 near CR Park are to die for! Ask them to make it extra spicy to be hypnotised by the pleasure of steam oozing out from your ears and water escaping your eyes and nose. Ama restaurant near Majnu ka Tilla is an absolute regional favourite. Their momos and Tibetan food sell like hot cakes and will take uplift your aesthetic senses to its peak pleasure. Last but definitely not the least there is Bamboo Cafe in Kamla Market for the choicest quality and quantity of sumptuous street food.
In addition to all of this, there are kababs and katti rolls make their presence and lingering taste felt in the spectacle called Delhi! The street food of Delhi is not just for Pet Puja, it is a celebration – of friendship, brotherhood and the meaning of what it takes to make Delhi the “Dilwalon ka Shehar.”
On average, you have about 100,000 strands of hair on your scalp. Losing fifty to hundred hair strands a day is natural. If you are losing more than that, it is time to take some action. Otherwise, soon you will be left with bald spots. Maybe you are an ardent lover of expensive professional hair treatments. But if we say that with readily available natural home remedies, you can enjoy a thick head of long hair, would you like to try it?
Spend your hard-earned bucks on healthy food habits and save them for your upcoming holiday plans. With our five natural remedies, your hair fall issues will disappear within maximum two weeks.
So let’s take a step forward to healthy and voluminous hair.
1. Treatment of Chinese Hibiscus: These flowers are used for age-old treatments against hair fall. Put ten Chinese Hibiscus flowers in two cups of coconut oil and heat the solution for some time. Collect the oil after straining and apply it before going to bed. Repeat the process for four or five times a week and you will get visible results soon.
2. Egg yolk and green tea liquor: Regular consumption of green tea is beneficial for your health. It is enriched with antioxidants and miraculously works as an anti-ageing ingredient. Cold green tea liquor works as a natural conditioner. A simple hair mask with just prepared liquor can stop hair fall from the first time application. Take two tablespoons of strong green tea and one egg yolk in a glass bowl. Keep beating the mixture well and let the creamy consistency come out. Apply the mask from the centre of your hair and let it dry completely. Now, with a mild shampoo and suitable conditioner, clean your hair thoroughly.
3. Onion and honey hair mask: If you massage the extracted juice from chopped onion with soft hands on your scalp, it can work like a magic to avert hair fall. Use it twice or thrice a week. Even you can use the chopped onions with little amount of honey as an anti-hair fall mask. A thorough wash with mild shampoo will remove the unwanted smell of onion.
4. Aloe Vera juice: Aloe Vera has certain enzymes to promote assured hair growth. You can apply Aloe Vera Juice directly on the scalp. A fine mixture of Aloe Vera, neem leaves (Indian Lilac) and two tablespoons of olive oil – can work as an anti-hair fall mask. If you consume aloe Vera juice on empty stomach daily in the morning, it will help in hair growth.
5. Black pepper and lime seed paste: As we promised to use the readily available ingredients in the kitchen, here they are to stop hair fall. Take small amount of black pepper and lime seeds, make a fine paste and apply it on your scalp. Rinse it off in the previously mentioned way.
Apart from all natural remedies, you should maintain a healthy lifestyle with proper diet, water and adequate sleep to put an end to your hair fall.
When you are living in a small house or apartment, interior decoration can be a big challenge for you. So, the query is, how can you make your small space look larger enough? Try these ideas and make sensible use of every square foot.
1. Make your bed the storage place: It is natural that you need maximum storage place in bedroom of a small house. The minimum amount of stuff will be around your room once you find out the shelves under the bed to store your articles. You can try this smart bed too.
2. Bring in a chest: No, it is for the trousseau or ornaments, but for the storage of plastic bags. They look embarrassing under your bed and so it’s time to gather them inside a wooden chest. People won’t come to ask you about when you last time went for any particular showroom. Even, you can pick it up as your kids’ toys chests and it will save your time as well as labor.
3. Trust the Ottoman: When you are thinking of saving space, ottoman can help you a lot. Use it for storage of your less used dresses, blankets or other old documents too. In fact, ottomans are always for multipurpose uses. You can enjoy foot rest along with the clever storage option.
4. Reading space under the stairs: Make bookshelves and reading arrangements under the stairs. Bring in a comfortable couch and ample lighting so that you can spend some meaningful leisure after your hectic schedules.
5. Garden bench with storage: Not only seating, you can use your wooden garden bench for further storage of pipes, scissors, and other garden essentials.
6. Use multipurpose furniture: Modern interior decoration is incomplete without this type of space-saving furniture. Besides storage, you can use them for smart seating arrangements, as an exercise bench, a table for working and even as your laptop tables.
7. Put up flowing shelves: To show off your style and collections, add the flowing shelves and save the space of any large sized showcases. Even if your nightstands are absent beside the beds, hanging shelves can be a very intelligent choice.
8. Storage cabins: Your working desk at home can be an ideal space for your paid or unpaid bills, documents, pens, staplers, your favorite books and other working essentials. Add a basket under the table as a wastage holder. So paperwork and storage – both are under your control.
9. Laundry hamper: Your bathroom will be grateful to have such beautiful furniture for the clothes and towels. Laundry bags or canvas bags are too old a fashion to acquire for your trendy bathroom. Wood laundry hampers will hide the dirty clothes and your bathroom floor will be free from stains.
10 Choose proper color: A small house may look smaller after your perfect organizing plan if the paint is not suitable. Make the color palette peaceful, creative and calming.