Here are some resources to help you plan your culinary adventure in New England:
Hunt Hill Farm Cooking School was named 'Best in CT' by Connecticut Magazine. The school has hosted famous chefs. Classes are taught in a renovated, circa-1800s horse barn.
For Spring 2019, Jones Family Farm in Connecticut is offering classes that feature cuisines from faraway lands—Iceland, Ireland, Iran, Ivory Coast & Carolina Coast, Italy, Israel, India, Indonesia. Additionally, they offer winery classes.
This winter, skiers and riders can sample a variety of treats and libations at scheduled stops on the Ski Vermont Specialty Food Tour.
“The Ski Vermont Specialty Food Tour brings an important element of the Vermont experience directly to skiers and snowboarders throughout the state,” said Molly Mahar, president of the Vermont Ski Areas Association/Ski Vermont. “The Vermont brand, whether skiing, dining or specialty products, is synonymous with authenticity, creativity and quality and there is a strong alliance between skiing and agriculture in this state. We want visitors to experience the best of our hearty, healthy Vermont way of life on the slopes and in our community restaurants and markets.”
The tour which started on January 25, continues with stops at:
With its seaside charm, windswept dunnes and cottages covered in flowers, Nantucket, off the coast of Cape Cod in Massachusetts is a favorite destination for summer travelers. Here are a few finds to inspire your travels!
1. Home Essentials 2 Gallon Nantucket Drink Dispenser
2. Nantucket Home Floral Melamine Dinner Plates, Set of 4
4. "On the island of Nantucket, the Nantucket Lightship Basket developed over many decades into the distinctive basket so highly prized by collectors today. The baskets evolved in the mid-nineteenth century from wooden splint baskets made by Algonquin Indians and were adapted by Nantucketers..."
5. The Nantucket Restaurants Cookbook: Menus and Recipes from the Faraway Isle
6. Away Off Shore: Nantucket Island and Its People, 1602-1890 (Shop: via Amazon)