Welcome to Fuck buddy! We are an award-winning blog focused on sharing the trials and tribulations of finding a partner, marriage and everything in between. We offer well-researched, expertly written tips, advice and commentary on dating, relationships, marriage, as well as reviews on dating websites. Our articles cover topics relevant to every reader regardless of age or sexual orientation.
Many people want to know how to make their relationship stronger because the methods and techniques they try don’t seem to get the job done. Here are seven things you can do to make your relationship stronger.
1. Love and Affection
You may be surprised at how many couples complain about love and affection. Don’t be afraid to show your partner you love them. Telling them you love them is one thing, but showing it is another, and it is more appreciated.
2. Get Your Priorities Together
You may have a stressful job that requires you to place and receive calls throughout the day and night, and your partner feels like you don’t have enough time for them. This is a problem you will need to take care of immediately before the situation escalates to no point of return. Make time for your partner, and that aspect of the relationship will be fine.
3. The Money Factor
All couples argue over money at some point during the relationship. You or your partner may have lost their job, got demoted, or the hours are not the same as they once were, and money is tight. When this happens, everything becomes a problem because you begin to struggle. Fighting over financial matters will not make money appear, so keep a cool head and talk things out.
4. Trust Goes a Long Way
If you are insecure in your relationship, you may be the one with the problem. You need to trust your partner. If you are constantly snooping and going through their phone, checking their Facebook messages, and calling every number back they dial on their phone, you are the person with the problem, and this shows you do not trust your spouse. You cannot have a relationship without trust because it is the foundation of a relationship.
5. Respect Your Partner
People throw respect out of the window, especially when they are arguing. There are many ways to get your point across without disrespecting your partner. Listen to what your partner is saying, then say whatever you need to say, but remain respectful.
6. Remain Calm
A relationship is hard work, but this does not mean you blow your top at every single disagreement or situation that occurs. There will be times when you and your partner do not agree on certain things, and times where you will argue, but this is normal, and no reason to get bent out of shape.
7. You Will Always Have a Friend
When you are friends with the person you are in a relationship with, the relationship tends to run smoother. Jumping into a relationship works for some people, but there are a lot of issues in the future that could be avoided if two people took the time to get to know each other before entering a relationship.
Here are seven tips you can keep in mind and use on a daily basis to help keep your relationship strong. A strong foundation is the key to a successful and long-lasting relationship.
Christmas will be here soon, so it’s time to start thinking about the perfect gift for your boyfriend. Figuring out to buy a boyfriend can be difficult, especially if you’re in a new relationship. To make gift buying easier, here are 10 of the top Christmas gifts to consider buying your boyfriend.
10 – LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset
With this Bluetooth headset, your boyfriend will be able to enjoy listening to all his favorite music for hours at a time. He won’t have to worry about dealing with wires. The headset also works with Smartphones, so he can use it while he’s chatting with you too.
9 – Call of Duty Black Ops
Call of Duty Black Ops is a popular video game for guys, and he’s sure to love opening this gift. The game offers many play modes, so he can play by himself, with friends online or with friends in his own mancave. He’ll enjoy playing the game in many play settings, ensuring he doesn’t get bored of this game.
8 – OontZ Angle Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Sometimes it’s nice to listen to music without headphones, and this Bluetooth speaker makes it possible to enjoy music from most laptops, tablets and smartphones. It’s the perfect gift for a boyfriend who travels often, and it comes in several different colors.
7 – Cuisine Art Knife Set
Is your boyfriend a whiz in the kitchen? They guy who loves cooking will appreciate this elegant set of knives. It comes with 15 pieces, including scissors, steak knives, a paring knife and a classic chef knife.
6 – Cuisinart Portable Grill
Many men enjoy grilling out, and the Cuisinart portable grill will let your boyfriend grill nearly anywhere. It offers plenty of cooking surface, yet it’s easy to move around and store. Buy him this gift and you’ll probably benefit from the great food he grills using it.
5 – 4-in-1 iPhone Lens System
The 4-in-1 iPhone Lens System is perfect for the guy that loves to take photos on his iPhone. This lens includes four options, including two macro lenses, a wide-angle lens, and a fisheye lens.
4 – LG G Watch Powered by Android Wear
If your boyfriend likes to have all the latest gadgets, he’ll love this smartwatch. Not only does the watch look sleek and elegant, but if makes it easy for him to keep track of emails, texts and more without needing to pull out his cellphone.
3 – Playseat Evolution Gaming Chair
Any guy who loves gaming is going to love this gaming chair. He’ll be able to game in comfort, and the gaming chair fits computers and any gaming console. The black design will look great in his home, no matter his décor.
2 – Surround Sound System
Consider purchasing your boyfriend a surround sound system. With a high-tech sound system, he can get the best audio when he watches movies, or it can hook it up to his gaming system, bringing his game system to life.
1 – LG Electronics 32-inch LED TV
If you really want to go big with your boyfriend’s Christmas gift, this LED TV is sure to be well-received. It’s compact enough to fit in apartments and condos, but the clarity of the screen is incredible. He’ll be smiling when he opens this gift on Christmas day.
Sometimes events that take place during a date may be unpredictable. On a course of a date, things could take many turns either in a good direction or a bad and unhappy one. At times everything may go well during the date but strange occurrence may pop up at anytime which has the tendency to ruin the night for both parties. This case involves a first time date and everything went well according to the female narrator, until few minutes to the end of the date. This story discusses one of such terrible endings leading to both parties heading home in different vehicles without the usual good bye and good night kiss.
It began when Martha pulled up to Anthony’s apartment and picked him up for their first time date. Anthony enters the car and gave Martha a kiss. Along the way Anthony tells Martha that he has an upset stomach since the night before and although he has no trouble making the date with her, but his stomach still bothers him. Martha was very considerate and compassionate and she suggested they should just cancel the date and do it when Anthony gets better. Anthony suggested they should continue with the date and they drove to see a movie which was being released in the theaters for the first time that evening. It was a great movie and when the movie ended, they went for a dinner at an upscale restaurant.
They settled down after ordering their dinner and had some conversation on their careers after they leave college. Both were about to graduate from different colleges. Anthony was heading to a law school while Martha wants to go to a medical school. Anthony ordered two glasses of beer one for himself and the other for Martha. Martha asked Anthony if he could still handle the beer with an upset stomach. Anthony said he was fine and they began drinking. Soon their dinner was served and they began eating, great food and the night was going very well indeed.
Anthony calls the attention of their waitress and asked for two more glasses of beer. When dinner was over Anthony ordered more beer but Martha had reached her beer limit and did not want any more. Anthony had few more drinks as their conversation continued. They decided to leave the restaurant and the waitress brought their bill. Anthony pays the bill and they were few seconds from leaving their seats when without any warning whatsoever, Anthony threw up on Martha. His throw up barely missed Martha’s mouth by a few inches, and everything he threw up landed squarely on Martha’s dress.
Martha was infuriated. Her dress was soaked and the waitress took her to the ladies room to clean up and change her soaked dress. The problem for Martha was what would she do with a soaked up dress. The waitress suggested Martha should wear an extra restaurant work clothes she had and Martha’s dress was put into a plastic bag. Martha put on the restaurant uniform and was escorted through the back door of the restaurant and she drove off leaving Anthony in the restaurant.They never spoke again after that night.
When most people go on a first date, they are typically hoping that this person will be “the one”. Often times, when a person goes on a first date, they hope to get a second. When you go out on a first date, you will likely be nervous. While a bit of nervousness is fine, there are a few common mistakes that you should avoid. These mistakes can prevent you from getting a second date.
#1 Being Too Forward
When you are on a first date, a level of flirting is fun. However, if you take it too far, and act too forward, and too sexy, it can turn your date off. They may wonder if you are overly flirty with everyone that you go on a date with, leading them to believe that you are promiscuous. The best way to avoid making this mistake, is to keep the flirting light and fun, save the more hardcore flirting for later on in the relationship.
#2 Laughing at Everything Your Date Says
Laughing at your date’s jokes is good, however, you do not want to laugh too much. For starters, your date may think that you are a crazy person, and second, they will not feel challenged. If your date says something, funny or not, teasing them a bit about their joke is fun, and it will show them that you are not going to laugh and everything they say, this will make them respect you more.
#3 Telling Inappropriate Jokes
Telling jokes is a way to make the date more fun. The more you make your date laugh, the better. Before you tell the joke, however, be sure that it is not in any way offensive. You do not want to come off as racist, or perverted by telling dirty jokes. You should also regulate the amount of jokes that you tell. You do not want the date to seem like a one man comedy show.
#4 Don’t Order for Your Date
Ordering your date’s meal is a huge no-no on a first date. It can make you seem pushy and controlling, and chances are, you will order something that your date does not like. Let your date feel free to order what they want.
#5 End the Date at the Door
If things went great on the date, and you really felt a connection, you should still end the date at your date’s door. Asking to come in can seem too forward. If you ask your date to come inside, you intentions can be misconstrued, and turn your date off.
#6 The Kiss Goodnight
When you walk your date to the door, there is the uncomfortable ending where you are not sure how to say goodbye. Do you give your date a hug? Do you move in for the kiss? There is nothing wrong with a kiss at the door, if your date seems willing. You do not want to go too far with the kiss. Simply kiss your date goodbye so that they see that you are interested in a second date, and nothing more at this point.
Avoiding common dating mistakes can be the difference between getting a second date, and never hearing from that person again.
Taking a vacation together is good therapy. It opens up a different environment than you are used to and gives you a change of scenery. You both can discover the delights of being in a different city and just discovering a new place on your own, without having to ask anyone directions. We tend to get so wound up in our everyday, work a day world that we forget how important time away can be. But sometimes even the best plans can turn out wrong:
10. We had decided to take a trip to Las Vegas. It seemed like the perfect getaway spot where every day is a party and every night on the strip is exciting. Sleeping in, eating all our meals out and generally having fun at the casinos was exactly what we needed.
9. We had spent a few days packing and this was going to be a fun trip. We were psyched and ready to go!
8. With airline tickets in hand, we headed to the airport, checked our luggage and parked our vehicle in the long term parking lot. We were getting more excited as we made our way to the terminal and checked in at the gate.
7. Our first flight was to Dallas and from there we would board our connecting flight to Las Vegas.
6. Once we arrived in Dallas, we proceeded to the gate for our next flight. So far, so good. No problems with the trip and everything was going smoothly – but that was about to change.
5. The airport was crowded so instead of walking side by side, we decided to walk single file to the gate.
4. My husband said he was going to the men’s room and I decided it was the perfect time for a restroom break for me, too.
3. I expected to meet my husband when I came out, but to my horror, he was nowhere to be found! After waiting near the men’s room for 10 minutes or so, I was getting very worried. I even asked a gentleman to see if he was still in the men’s room and no luck. Now I was starting to enter PANIC MODE. How could I even START to look for him in a place so crowded and noisy?
2. I tried to gather my composure and decided the best thing to do was to get to our connecting flight gate. I stepped onto the escalator, and halfway up, I saw my husband on the escalator going in the opposite direction! I was so happy and SO relieved!
1. His relief was heard in questions, “Where were you?”, “I tried to call”. When we boarded the plane, I checked my phone and saw his number, and thought, “Who says men never call”?
Online dating is a great new experience. Here are some helpful tips on getting a good hand on it all!
10. It expands your dating horizons – Some places, like small towns, are often rather dry when it comes to people that interest you, especially if you have peculiar tastes and interested for your area. Online dating can help you hook up online!
9. Everyone’s doing it! – There are a lot of people getting into it, so it’s not like you will be left wanting.
8. There are a lot of free options nowadays – It’s not too uncommon to see people wary of the idea because paying for something that might not work out sounds like it could be a bust. Thankfully, new sites that don’t require a payment have opened to make it a lot more palatable!
7. It’s usually pretty easy – While there is a bit of setup to get your profile up and running on an online dating website, the process is usually pretty user-friendly.
6. It’s a great way to meet people from many other walks of life – If you feel out of place among people in your area, you can find that right person that matches you. Or if you’re just bored of the kinds of people around you, you can expand yourself!
5. It can be used to meet people with similar interests if you just want to meet some friends – While it’s good to find people from different cultures and backgrounds, it’s also pretty effective as far as finding someone to match your interests and desires. While opposites attract, you don’t want someone who doesn’t care about your hobbies or interests, do you?
4. It’s a great way for people with social anxiety to interact with people on this level – A lot of people struggle to get out and about, meet new people, partially because they have such a profound difficulty as far as interacting in social situations go. Giving yourself a safe distance from the people you’re chatting with can help get you to feel more comfortable and relaxed.
3. It can be fun! – Unlike going out to the club with the headache-inducing noise, or going to a depressing bar, going online to find a date is usually pretty warm and enjoyable. You don’t have anything bothering you, you don’t have to worry about some drunk asshole, you don’t have to worry about buying drinks.
2. It can be exciting! – There’s nothing quite as thrilling as an adventure, which online dating can be at times. Meeting new people, discussing things, and learning things are all key components of a good online dating website.
1. …But it can be dangerous! – The most important thing to consider is that for every good person you meet, there can be another bad person waiting for you. Keeping yourself relatively anonymous will help you from being stalked and possibly harmed.
When planning a wedding reception, you gotta make sure that only the best is being enjoyed by your guests. Here are some handy ideas for things to NEVER have at your reception!
10. Anything you’ve not already verified as delicious first – You want people to have warm memories (of a full stomach), so making sure that the food you choose is actually good is an important first step.
9. Meat (for vegetarians) – You need to be considerate of everyone, so if you suspect that you might have vegetarian friends, an overuse of meat food might make them feel alienated, and make them have a bad time.
8. Vegetables (for carnivores) – On the other hand, a person who has a penchant for a juicy steak might feel left out if you don’t have good meat options. A nice balance to please both of these people is essential.
7. “Ethnic” food – Unless you or the person who prepared this food is of a specific ethnicity, it might just be best to avoid food of that ethnicity. If not done right, or if too poorly emulated, it can feel insulting to people of that ethnicity who may even be at your reception. It’s kind of like using chopsticks when you don’t know how – just use a fork! Stop turning other cultures into punch lines or “neat things” to try.
6. Canned food – Canned food can be an alright meal if you’re just looking for something to toss into the microwave or onto the stove, but unless you can’t afford more, do better!
5. Doritos platter – Doritos get special mention because please don’t have Doritos at your reception. This is a special moment, not a frat party, after all!
4. Junk food – Having junk food at a wedding reception is not bad on its face, but if over-emphasized, it can really make your reception feel trashy and tawdry. It’d be like bringing your family to a fast food joint as your wedding reception! Speaking of…
3. McDonald’s (or other fast food options) – No, just don’t. A Big Mac may be okay, but when people go to your reception, the very last thing you should EVER do is make it feel like they’re going through a fast food drive thru. It makes it feel cheap and effortless, and that’s the LAST thing you want your reception to radiate.
2. Foods that people are often allergic to – Unlike the others, this is a matter of safety, not taste. Even if your best friend with the nut allergy didn’t partake in your home-made peanut butter cookies, that shit travels – it’s easy as heck for your friend to fall victim without even trying.
1. Soylent green – Not only is it unappealing, unpalatable, and generally boring, soylent green is people.
Same-sex marriage is working fast in the U.S. to become accepted. Here are some examples!
10. U.S. is catching up – Where other countries – such as Canada and Great Britain – have supported same-sex marriage, we’re only just figuring it out.
9. Homophobic behavior is at its least tolerated in the country’s history – Where homophobia has been downright vicious in our country’s past – same-sex intercourse was illegal in Texas barely 10 years ago – this kind of behavior is no longer considered acceptable in many mainstream cultures.
8. Many celebrities are in favor of same-sex marriage – Celebrities in recent years have become more and more progressive, leading to support of same-sex marriage from stars such as George Clooney, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert DeNiro, Angelina Jolie, and the late Robin Williams.
7. More politicians than ever are in support of same-sex marriage – Celebrities in their own right at times, politicians – mostly on the left – are coming out in support more and more, thanks to the more progressive American voters have become. Speaking of…
6. Same-sex marriage approval ratings by the public are at an all-time high – Where the population used to be sharply in favor of laws banning same-sex marriage, in almost no time, that percentage has shrunk so much that the majority of Americans actually favor same-sex marriage.
5. Same-sex marriage helps the economy – Married couples are more likely to buy a house, while single couples are more likely to stick with an apartment. Same-sex couples would also put more money into the “marriage industry” to buy marriage licenses.
4. Same-sex couples divorce at a lower rate than opposite-sex couples – Where opposite-sex couples are noted for having a 53% divorce rate, same-sex couples divorce at a significantly lower rate.
3. Gay marriage will increase adoption rates – Orphaned children is a big problem in the U.S., and people looking to start a “family unit” are far more likely to adopt than people if they are single. You would think that people would encourage things that help children, not oppose them!
2. More than half of U.S. states have decriminalized or are in the process of decriminalizing same-sex marriage – After a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States, judges in many states voted that it was unconstitutional to criminalize gay marriage, and after failed appeals, local government began accepting the judge’s rulings.
1. Same-sex marriage is just the beginning, and hopefully not the end – What people need to know is that while same-sex marriage is great progress, there’s still a lot more to do. It will be a long time before LGBTQ people are given true acceptance, but when that time comes, it sure will be nice. We also need to consider that the progress of same-sex marriage doesn’t do much for the ‘T’ in LGBTQ (transgender), so don’t fight just for the LGB!
Dating can be fun, but it can also be dangerous. Here are some tips to make it safer and more fun for everyone.
10. Be mindful of your surroundings – When you’re out on a date, you want to make sure that you know exactly the kind of area you’re getting into. If it seems dangerous, it might just be!
9. Know creepy behavior when you see it – You wanna give a person the benefit of the doubt that they are decent, you can never be too sure.
8. Stay sober, at least if you are the driver – This goes without saying, but no matter how much you might enjoy some recreational drinking or drug use, you absolutely should avoid it if you are the driver on your date. Even if you aren’t, making sure that your partner is not driving while under the influence themselves is also your responsibility.
7. Don’t rush into dating someone too quickly – Getting too into someone too quickly can be met with a huge sense of “buyer’s remorse.” Things that might seem endearing can prove obnoxious. And even if they are the right person for you, they might be uncomfortable by how fast you are going with the relationship.
6. Let a friend know about who you’re dating, when, and where – This may seem drastic, but if you aren’t super familiar with your date – like, if you just met – having someone who knows your current situation is a great way to stay relatively safe if your date turns out to be dangerous.
5. Pack self defense tools such as mace – No matter if you are using it to defend yourself from your date or a stranger, this is definitely an important tool.
4. Pick a safe, fun place to go on your date – If you aren’t sure about your date, bringing them someplace safe for you is always going to be a good way to make the date go well for you.
3. Know the area well – Wandering into an area that you aren’t familiar with can often be a problem. Not only does it make everyone involved less safe, it can be awkward to try and find your way around.
2. Be cautious when going on a blind date – As fun as a blind date may seem, it can also be unsafe. Your top priority shouldn’t be looks as much as it is their behavior.
1. Never let yourself become taken advantage of – Basically, the #1 rule is to stay safe. You can never know what your date is up to, and while you shouldn’t let that spoil everything, becoming a target makes the experience that much worse.
This list exists mostly to help you if you’re in a bad situation, or need to avoid one. It’s not fair to put the impetus of staying safe on the potential victim, but until things get better, it’s valuable to follow these ideas.
More than 41 million Internet users have tried online dating at least once. Some people are still skeptical about online dating despite the high number of users. Many skeptics are concerned about the risk of predatory practices and dishonesty. Some people have a mindset that online dating cannot be successful because the members do not initially see each other face-to-face. Other people simply do not believe that online dating works, and they do not necessarily have reasons for their skepticism.
Does Online Dating Work?
Statistics show that online dating does work for some people. Approximately 20 percent of people who meet online end up in long-term relationships. Approximately 17 percent of people who meet online end up getting married. The statistics are not as successful as those of people who meet in person are. However, they do prove that online dating can work. Online dating is just a platform that people use to extend their reach to prospective mates that may live far away. Once the two daters meet in person, then the rest of the process is the same as physical dating.
The problems that arise in the online dating world are dishonesty and simultaneous dating. Some people take advantage of the system because of the freedom and anonymity that it gives them. More than 53 percent of online daters admitted in a survey that they dated more than one person at the same time. Current surveys also showed that 10 percent of sex offenders used online dating mediums to meet potential victims. Therefore, online dating does present a high risk for foul play.
How to Make Online Dating Work
Members can make online dating work by using caution when selecting an online dating platform. Some platforms or websites are free for all people who want to become members. The free membership allows some predators and dishonest married people to enter. Paid dating sites may be a bit safer for members, but sites that have strict guidelines are better. Prospective members should always read the FAQs section of any online dating site they are thinking of joining. Additionally, they should perform online searches to see what former and current users are saying about the sites.
Another way to make online dating work is to report any cases of harassment. Harassment includes sexually degrading comments, illegal operations, unwanted emails, threats, verbal abuse and the like. Reporting such activities will keep the online dating community honest and clean.
A new member should not give out any personal information to potential dates until the parties establish trust. The member should plan first dates at public establishments only, and he or she should inform a close friend or family member of the dates for safety reasons. Other than that, the online daters will have to discover mutual sparks for an online dating session to fare well.