It is a delicious dessert from Hydrabadi cuisine. One piece of a traditionally made shahi tukda will give you a feeling of royality. Do give it a try.
1. Bread slices - 4 or 7 2. Milk - 4 cups 3. Condensed milk or sugar - as per your taste 4. Cardamom powder - 1/2 tspn 5. Ghee for shallow frying 6. Sliced almonds or pistachios - 3 tbspn or as per your choice 7. Sugar syrup (Take 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in a pan and make sugar syrup and keep it aside)
* Heat milk in a non stick pan and bring to boil. Stir continuously, till it thickens. * Add condensed milk and mix well. Add cardamom powder, stir and cook for a minutes. * Add almonds and mix well. Remove from heat and keep it aside. * Cut bread slices into circle using cookie cutter or cut into 4 equal portions. * Heat some ghee in another non stick pan. Shallow fry the bread pieces in hot ghee till golden brown from both the sides. * Take it and drain on absorbent paper. * Just dip the fried bread in sugar syrup and place the bread in a serving dish, pour the milk mixture the fried bread. Garnish with chopped almonds and serve. Note : - The sugar syrup should not be too thick. Just let the sugar melts and cook it for 5 minutes on low flame.
Simple and quick mutton recipe suitable for bachelors. Do give it a try.
FOR MAKING MASALA
1. Onion - 3 2. Tomato - 3 3. Green chilli - 5 or u can add more or less 4. Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbspn 5. Garam masala - 2 and half tbspn 6. Coriander leaves - required amount 7. Lemon juice - 1 tbspn 9. Shaan Bombay biriyani masala - 1 tspn ( optional ) 10. Oil - 2 tbspn 11. Mutton - 1/2 kg
* In a deep pan add oil. When hot add finely sliced onions and salt and saute till soft. * Add ginger garlic paste and chopped green chilli and saute it well. * Add tomato slices and cook till soft. * Now add garam masala and Bombay biriyani masala to it and saute it till the raw smell disappear. * Add mutton pieces to it and cook it on low flame till mutton is done ( you can also add this to the pressure cooker up to 4 whistle. Do not add water). * Heat it on low flame (if any water content is remaining) till all the water content disappear. * Add the lemon juice and coriander leaves and remove from fire. Keep it aside.
5.Water - 3 cup 6. Ghee - 2 tbspn 7. Cinnamon - a small piece
* Heat ghee and oil together in a deep pan. Add cardamom, cinnamon and cloves to it. * Now add water to it and bring to boil. * To the boiling water add the washed rice and enough salt to it. Cook the rice covered till done on low flame. Remove from flame.
1. Garam masala - 1 tspn 2. Chopped coriander leaves 3. Ghee 4. Fried cashews 5. Saffron - a pinch soaked in a tablespoon of hot milk. 6. Lemon juice - 1/2 tspn
* In deep pan, add some ghee. Then add half of mutton masala on bottom. On top layer add half of the rice and sprinkle coriander leaves, ghee, fried cashews, littile garam masala and littile saffron milk. Add the remaining mutton on top. Cover the top layer with rice and sprinkle littile garam masala, ghee,fried cashews, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and littile saffron milk over the top layer. * Finally close it with aluminium foil and close it with the lid. * Heat it on low flame for about 25 - 30 minutes and remove from flame. Tasty simple mutton biriyani is ready to be served.
Fragrant, moist and tender orange cake flavoured with freshly squeezed orange juice and orange zest. It has a soft and spongy texture like chiffon cake. This quick orange cake is also delicious without orange syrup. But pouring orange syrup on top of orange cake is really delicious! Do give it a try.
1. Egg whites - 4 2. Egg yolks - 4 3. White Vinegar - 1 tspn 4. Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup 5. All purpose flour - 1/2 cup 6. Salt a pinch 7. Sunflower oil - 1/4 cup 8. Fresh orange juice - 1/3 cup 9. Orange zest - 1 tbspn
1. Orange juice - 1/3 cup 2. Sugar - 1/2 cup 3. Orange zest - 1 tbspn (You can skip syrup making process. It is optional)
* Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Grease a cake tin with butter and dust it with flour. Keep it ready. * In a bowl combine togther all purpose flour and salt and keep it aside. * In a bowl, add orange juice, sunflower oil and orange zest. Combine well and keep it aside. * In another bowl beat egg white and white vinegar and beat well. * Gradually add powdered sugar and beat well till foamy and stiff (picture 1). * Add egg yolks and mix till evenly combined (No need of beating). * Add all purpose flour mix little by little and fold till well combined. * Add orange juice - oil mix and fold evenly. * Pour this batter to the prepared cake tin and spread evenly. * Bake it in a preheated oven for 50 minutes or 1 hour, till a toothpick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove it from oven and leave it to cool for about 20 - 25 minutes at room temperature. Slowly remove the cake from the pan and cool it completely over a wire rack. Top it with Orange Syrup.
For orange syrup
* Add sugar, orange juice and orange zest in a pan and bring to boil. Cool it and top the orange cake with the orange syrup. ( You can skip syrup making process. It is optional)
* Marinate the mutton pieces with turmeric powder, pepper powder, oil, ginger garlic crushed and salt. Kepp it aside for an hour. * Add the marinated mutton pieces in a pressure cooker, add enough water and cook till done (for about 4 - 5 whistle).
For the gravy
* Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and let it splutter. Add sliced onions, ginger garlic crushed and little salt. Saute till soft and turn golden colour. * Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and pepper powder and saute till raw smell disappear and oil appears on top. * Remove from flame and let it cool. Grind this to a smooth paste by adding some water. * Heat the same pan, add this ground onion paste and saute for 5 minutes. * Add mutton pieces and combine well. * To this add cashew paste and mix well. * Add the mutton stock water to this and mix well. Cook till the gravy become thick. * Add garam masala, kasuri methi, fresh cream and coriander leaves. Mix well. Remove from flame and serve hot with roti or naan.
Festivals are incomplete without sweets! Besan ladoo are sweet balls made from gram flour, sugar, ghee and nuts. Easy and healthy sweet recipe! Do give it a try.
1. Gram flour (besan) - 2 cup 2. Ghee - 1/2 cup 3. Green cardamom powder - 1 tspn 4. Cashew powder - 1/2 tbspn 5. Almond powder - 1/2 tbspn 6. Powdered sugar - 1 cup 7. Salt a pinch 8. Cashews or raisins for garnishing
* Heat ghee in a non stick pan. * Add gram flour and stir continuously keeping the flame on low for about 30 minutes. Keep stirring till the besan turns aromatic and also wait for besan to change colour to golden brown. - Notice the besan will start releasing ghee from sides of pan indicating the besan is well cooked. Also besan turns silky smoothy paste (picture 2). * Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature.(transfer immediately to another bowl preventing from further cooking or else besan will turn bitter). * Add cardamom powder, cashew powder, almond powder, powdered sugar and salt and mix well making sure everything is combined well (picture 7). * Take a tablespoon of mixture and prepare ladoo. Garnish with cashews or raisins. Serve it. Note : - Do not add powdered sugar when the besan paste is hot, as it melts down the sugar and turns watery paste.
It is a malabari dish mostly prepared during Ramadan. The aroma of prawns masala itself makes it mouthwatering and delectable with a steamed rice cover. I have used prawns in this recipe but you can use fish without bones to make this recipe.
1. Prawns - 1 cup (cleaned) 2. Red chilli powder - 1 tbspn 3. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tspn 4. Salt to taste 5. Oil for frying
1. Onion - 1 chopped
2. Cumin seeds - 1 tspn
3. Curry leaves
4. Oil - 1 tbspn
1. Onion - 1 small chopped
2. Grated coconut - 1 cup
3. Cumin seeds - 1 tspn
5. Water as required
6. Rice flour - 1 and half cup
* Water * Redchilli powder - 1 tbspn * Salt * Oil for frying Mix water, redchilli powder and salt. Make a paste ( shown in below picture).
* Marinate the prawns with redchilli powder, turmeric powder and salt for about 10 - 15 minutes. Shallow fry and chop into small pieces. Keep aside.
For prawns masala
* Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add chopped onions and little salt. Saute till onions become soft. Add the fried prawns and cook for 5 - 10 minutes over low flame. Keep aside.
* Grind onion, grated coconut, cumin seeds, salt and some water in a blender. Mix well.
* Add rice flour into it and make a smooth and soft dough.
For rice balls
* Make balls out of the prepared dough. * Take one of them and place it in a greased cling wrap and press lightly to make a circle. * At the centre of the circle add 1 tbspn prawns masala and cover the circle into a balls. * Heat a steamer with enough water, and steam them for 15 -20 minutes or till done. Open the steamer and leave it to cool for about 5 - 10 minutes. * Dip the steamed balls in redchilli mix and shallow fry it. Serve hot !
Healthy salad recipe - perfect for serving as a side salad or main dish. Try this refreshing and delicious healthy crunchy salad with Strawberry dressing. #Mysignaturerecipe
For dressing salad
1. Lemon juice - 1 and half lemon juice ( Add more according to your taste ) 2. Strawberry crush - 2 3. Extra virgin Olive oil - 3 tbspn 4. Garlic - 1 tspn finely minced 5. Honey - 1 tspn 6. Pepper powder -1/2 tspn 7. Salt to taste
1. Onion - 1 chopped 2. Capsicum - 1/2 chopped 3. Tomato - 1 chopped 4. Cucumber - 1 chopped 5. Parsley leaves - 1/2 cup chopped 6. Kidney beans boiled - 1/3 cup 7. White chickpeas boiled - 1/3 cup 8. Carrot - 1 chopped 9. Mint leaves - 2 tbspn chopped 10. Sprouted green gram cooked - 1 cup 11. Apple - 1 chopped 12. Almond - 10 ( remove the skin) Peanut butter and blueberry for garnishing
To make the salad dressing
* Combine all the ingredients for salad dressing in a bowl and keep aside.
To make the salad
* Combine all the ingredients for salad in a deep bowl and add the salad dressing to this, combine and serve. Garnish with peanut butter and blueberries.
Note : For sprouted beans :- Wash and soak the green gram for about 4 - 6 hours and drain off the water. Tie the green gram in a cloth and hang overnight. Next day sprouts appear in the gram. Steam this sprouted green gram and use it.