Have your Accounting Exams coming up? If you are completing a Degree or Professional exams in Accounting or related qualifications, Accounting Exam Coach is here to help. Get hints and tips, and listen to discussions involving mindset, motivation, study and exam techniques and career advice to enable you to succeed in the Accounting Profession.
EXCLUSIVE CONTENT: Amazing Top Tips for Passing Your Exams from a Marketing Tutor!
I sat down and went though a whole host of topics with the amazing Peter Sumpton from Marketing Study Lab to chat about the similarities/ differences between Accounting and Marketing regarding the fundamentals of studying, completing assignments and passing exams.
We wanted to get across the importance of these topics and we covered:
- Answering the Task Given, Not Your Own
- What style should your answer be written in
- Check the word / page count and sticking to it
- Doing your research
- Check the weighting of each question
- Don’t waffle and get to the point
- Use real life examples
- Reference correctly
And if that isn't enough we finish off with a Father Ted discussion and who doesn't want that!
Recently interviewed by Deborah Fitzsimmons from "Go2Educate", who provides educational resources, courses and merchandise for businesses & schools worldwide.
In this 20 min chat we covered......
(1) What I do in my job?
(2) What inspired me to become an Exam Coach?
(3) What advice I would give to a student on preparing to study and prioritising what they have to do?
(4) I offer suggestions of effective study techniques that have been tried and tested by my student clients
(5) All of us are guilty of procrastinating. How can students break this habit?
(6) What are students’ biggest mistakes when it comes to studying?
(7) What are the rewards of studying?
(8) I give 2 inspirational quotes.
So often in the shadows when the boxer succeeds and is more likely to be front and center when the boxer fails.
The cornerman must have detachment from their boxer, but at the same time an unwavering devotion to that boxer’s well-being.
They must be a psychologist, able to assist the fighter through the emotional minefield that is the preparation for combat.
A Strategist, a General, able to see what it’s going to take to secure victory and offering the kind of tactical advice that can be put into practice in the crucible of battle.
In this conversation with fellow Accounting Exam "Cornerman" Yvonne Starkey, a fellow Chartered Accountant/ Lecturer/ Coach from South Africa we chatted about our businesses and our Accounting Student clients
- Why we like working with Accounting Students
- What do we say to students who worry that we will judge them
- Would we employ people who failed their exams
- Was I the "perfect" student
- Do students take on coaching only after they have failed and much more....... Enjoy!
In every exam, there are always marks given for presentation, they are the 3 or 4 marks that could be the difference between a pass or a fail.
Professional communication skills and capabilities are expected by employers so it is key that such qualities are demonstrated in an examination setting in order to gain these marks. You will need to be aware of the structure of the exam in advance to be aware of where these professional marks are allocated.
Planning your answer properly and presenting it clearly is another critical component to success. While you’re planning how your answer should be structured, consider what format it should be in and how long each part should be.
So here I give you 5 tips to take on board before you hit the books -
1. Its going to be hard..... for a while
2. Be aware of your biggest issues and concerns
3. Set goals & targets
4. Become accountable
5. Remove distractions Adopt some of the tips and move forward towards success