I am a lawyer by profession but it is my passion to cook and experiment with different tastes and cuisines. I started with simple day to day recipes and realised how much I loved to cook. Follow this blog where you can find my recipes.
Hello peeps!! How is everyone? The recipe am posting today is one of my favorites. Cheese and Chilli is my favorite combination. You can have these hot and tasty parathas for your breakfast or lunch or dinner with mayonnaise dip. So lets get cooking..
Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Processed Cheese (Grated) – 1 cup
Chopped mozzarella cheese – 1/2 cup
Chilli Flakes – 1 tbsp
Oregano – 1 tbsp
Finely chopped green chilly- 2 tbsp
Green Capsicum (finely chopped)- 1/2 cup
Fresh Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
Salt – 2 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Water for kneading
1) For kneading the dough in a mixing bowl take the wheat flour, 1 tsp salt and mix well. Now add the oil and crumble with the flour. Knead into soft dough using water for at-least 10 minutes. Add some oil on the surface and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2) For the stuffing in a mixing bowl take the processed cheese, mozzarella cheese coriander leaves, green chilly, capsicum, oregano, chilli flakes and salt and mix everything well.
3) Make balls out of the dough (Approx 8-10). Roll one of the balls using rolling pin to about 4 inches circle. Add the stuffing prepared in the center of the circle and fold the outer edges of the dough together and seal the stuffing.
4) Now roll the stuffed ball into a circle of around 6-7 inches.
5) Heat a non-stick tawa (griddle) and cook the paratha using a little oil until golden brown spots appear on both the sides on medium flame.
6) Cook all the parathas this way and serve hot with mayonnaise dip.
I have used my homemade mayonnaise. For recipe click on the link below:
Hey guys!! Hows it going? Today am posting the recipe for a healthy oats recipe. It is tasty and delicious and you can make this for tiffin also. The idli turns out soft and fluffy and I have spiced up my recipe using my homemade schezwan chutney for recipe click on the link below
Hey!!! Today am posting a healthy, tasty, easy and light recipe made of split green moong dal (chilka) i.e. split green moong dal with skin dosa/pancake which you can have for dinner and breakfast also. It is a very easy dish to make and the dosas are very tasty. The ingredients are simple and with a little pre-preparation it is very easy dish to make. I have made it with a little twist using my homemade schezwan chutney and cheese. You can pack it for kids also in tiffin. A perfect light and healthy food item. Try it for sure….
Green Moong Dal (Chilka) – 1 cup
Semolina- 1/2 cup
Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste- 2 tbsp
Onion (finely chopped)- 1 medium size
Curd/Buttermilk- 1/2 cup
Schezwan Chutney- 2 – 4 tbsp
Grated cheese – 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
Water for batter- approx 1 1/2 cups
1. Soak the split moong dal for 6-7 hours.
2. In a blender grind the soaked spilt moong dal with 2 – 3 tbsp of water.
3. Add semolina, salt, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and curd/buttermilk.
4. Add the remaining water and form the batter. The consistency of the batter should be flowy, not too thick and not too watery, like a dosa batter.
5. If the batter appears thick add some water to get the consistency.
6. Let this batter rest for half an hour.
7. Switch on the gas and keep on low flame. Once the non stick tawa/pan becomes warm spread the batter using a ladle. Drizzle some oil on sides. Let it cook on low flame on one side. Spread some schezwan chutney on the upper side and sprinkle grated cheese. Let it become brown on lower side.
Hey guys!! How is everyone? The recipe I am posting today is a classic dessert combination of custard and jelly. Since my childhood I have loved having this dessert specially the jelly part but then again who does not love jelly. It has many memories for me. I would request my mom on every weekend for custard and jelly. However I have made few tweaks in my recipe now as I prepare it myself but for me the one prepared by my mom with the sweetness of her love will always be my favorite. It is very simple and easy to make this dessert and with just simple ingredients. Make this and keep it in your fridge even for just half and hour before the guests arrive and serve it chilled.
Custard Powder (Vanilla flavor) – 3 tbsp
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Chocolate (Chopped)- 2 tbsp
Biscuits (Crumbled) (Parle-G) – 1/4 cup
Strawberry Jelly (ready packet) – 100 gms
Boiling water- 2 cups
1) In a bowl mix the contents of the ready jelly packet available in the market of any brand.
2) Now add the boiling water to the jelly crystals and mix well till no lumps and pour these in the glasses/bowls of choice or in any container and set it in fridge for half an hour.
1) In a pan take the 1 1/2 cups milk and let it come to one boil. Till then in another bowl take 1/2 cup of milk and mix the custard powder in it till no lumps.
2) Mix this custard paste into the boiling milk properly. The milk thickens immediately. Switch off the gas and add the chocolate pieces and biscuit crumble and mix well.
3) Pour the custard in the glass above the jelly and keep to set again for 15 mins.
4) Garnish with jelly pieces, chocolate and biscuit crumble. Serve chilled.
Hey all!! we celebrated Holi here on the 21st. Holi is festival of colors where we color each other with different colors. I love playing Holi. Holi also symbolizes the end of wrong deeds. Dhuleti is celebrated on the next day of Holi where we play with different colors and and paint each others faces with colors. It is fun filled and a happy festival. There are many recipes which are prepared on this festival such as Thandai (drink), Gujiya, Malpua, etc. I have prepared Basundi which is basically like condensed milk but with added flavors. It is perfect accompaniment for your lunch and very tasty. It is very simple and easy to make it and you can have it either with lunch or as dessert. try to drink this with your lunch or after lunch but not with dinner as it is quite full of calories nonetheless it is so yummy your wont be able to stop at one bowl.
Milk- 1 1/2 liters
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Mawa/Khoya – 75 gms
Milk Powder- 2 tbsp
Kesar Strands- a few
Elaichi/Cardamom Powder- 2 tsp
Chopped mixed nuts (Almonds, Cashew and Pistachios) – 1/2 cup
1) In a deep bottomed wide pan (make sure to use a wide pan so that it is easier to stir the milk and the milk does not stick to the bottom) take the milk and let it come to one boil on high flame.
2) Now add the kesar strands and elaichi powder and stir well. Lower the flame to medium at this stage.
3) Let the milk boil on medium flame for 15 minutes. Keep stirring in between. Also a layer of cream/malai will form on top stir that also to incorporate with the milk.
4) After 15 minutes add the mawa/khoya and milk powder and mix well again and let it boil for another 5 minutes on. Keep the flame constantly on medium.
5) After 5 minutes reduce the flame to low and stir the milk again. At this point the milk will have thickened and reduced to 3/4th of its volume.
6) This entire process takes around 25-20 minutes.
7) Turn of the flame and let the milk cool down to room temperature. Now add the chopped mixed nuts and keep it in the fridge to chill. Serve chilled.
Hi!!! I have already posted a recipe for a simple mawa cake. I tried this chocolate mawa cake recently and it turned out amazing. It was delicious and very simple to make. Cakes are my weakness and mawa/khoya cakes are very tasty. These cakes normally dont stay puffed and flatten out once cooked not to worry since mawa/khoya is very heavy and in this recipe I am using cocoa powder also the cake will sit down a bit once removed from oven. This cake is rich in flavors and ingredients and yet has a touch of simplicity. Let get baking this rich and flavorsome cake…
Unsalted Butter- 75 gms
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda/Soda Bi Carb- 1/2 tsp
All Purpose Flour/Maida- 250 gms
Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
Mawa/Khoya- 100 gms
Tutti Frutti- 100 gms
Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
Chocolate Powder- 2 tbsp
Powdered Sugar – 100 gms
Curd – 75 gms
Milk- 2 cups
1) In a mixing bowl take the butter and sugar and beat it well. The butter should be at room temperature. It will become creamy and fluffy in texture.
2) Sieve the all purpose flour, cocoa powder and chocolate powder and mix it with the butter. Mix it coarsely using your hands the butter should get properly incorporated in the flour.
3) In a bowl take the curd, baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Cover the bowl and leave aside for five minutes.
4) Add this curd to the flour and butter mixture prepared. Now add the milk gradually and slowly in batches and keep mixing till there are no lumps and the batter is smooth and flows easily. It should be of pouring consistency. Now add the Vanilla essence and tutti frutti and mix well
5) Lastly add the mawa and mix well.
6) Take the baking tin and rub some oil in the tin. Now dust the tin using the all purpose flour.
7) Pour the batter in the tin. Take care that the batter should not be more than half of the height of the tin. The batter should be half of the tin or less then half only then it will have space to rise properly.
8) Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30 mins. Once done check by inserting pin/toothpick in the center if it comes out clean then the sponge is ready.
Hot cocoa is my comfort drink. When I am feeling low or craving some chocolate, the quickest fix for a chocolate for me is Hot Cocoa. A cup of some delicious Hot Cocoa and a book in my hand are heaven for me. Sitting on my comfort chair looking out the window with a cuppa and book is the perfect idea of “me time” for me. What is your idea of a perfect relaxing time? Do share with me in the comments below and also try this delicious Hot Cocoa recipe and let me know what you think of it Lets get drinking then….
Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
Cornflour- 1 tsp
Drinking Chocolate – 1 tsp
Brown Sugar – 1 tbsp
Powdered Sugar – 1 tbsp
Dark Chocolate Chips- 2 tbsp
Milk – 2 cups
1) In a pan take the milk and let it come to one boil while on medium flame. Till then in a cup/bowl take 1/2 cup milk and mix the cocoa powder, cornflour and drinking chocolate and make a paste with no lumps.
2) Once the milk comes to boil reduce the flame to low and add the brown sugar, powdered sugar, dark chocolate chips and the paste made above. Mix everything well till there are no lumps. Let it boil for 5-8 minutes till the milk thickens.
3) Take a glass/mug of choice and pour in the hot cocoa and serve hot. You can have it chilled also by placing it in the fridge for cooling and serving it with ice
Hey guys!!!! Hows everyone been? Your hobby/passion is what drives you to handle your stressful day. The best part would be when your hobby/passion turns into your profession. Even then there are days when you feel stuck up or clogged on what to do next. Have you all also been through such days? I hate that feeling when I am stuck thinking what should I post next. That is when I start studying my notes of over the years and inspiration always strikes me. This time I decided to make these yummy rolls made out of regular oats and masala oats. It is tasty and even kids will love it. Oats hidden in these rolls will be loved and eaten by kids in an instant and can be taken in tiffin also. So lets check out this easy tiffin recipe….
Potatoes (boiled and grated)- 1 cup
Onions, capsicum, carrot (finely chopped) – 1/2 cup
Masala Oats (classic flavor) – 1/2 cup
Ginger-garlic-green chilli paste- 2 tbsp
Regular oats- 1 cup
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Grated processed Cheese – 1/2 cup
Mozzarella Cheese ( chopped finely) – 1/2 cup
Fresh Coriander (finely chopped) – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Bread crumbs- 1 cup
All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 cup
1. In a bowl take the potatoes, chopped onions, capsicum and carrot and mash everything well. Now add in the ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, black pepper powder, lemon juice, masala oats, processed cheese, coriander leaves and salt and mix everything well.
2. In a separate bowl mix the all purpose flour and water and keep aside.
3. Make rolls out of the mixture prepared in step No.1.
4. Place 2-3 chopped mozzarella pieces in middle of the rolls and seal it.
5. Now coat the rolls with bread crumbs then dip it in the flour batter and then cover it with the regular oats.
6. Heat a non stick tawa and drizzle some oil on it. Shallow fry the rolls on medium flame till both sides turn brown. You can also deep fry these rolls or bake them in an preheated oven at 190 degrees for 10-12 mins.
7. Serve them hot with tomato ketchup/green chutney/dip.
Hey guys!! I tried my hand at peanut butter and it turned out so yummy. It is so simple to make it and that too using just three simple ingredients. We use peanut butter mostly for our morning toasts but you can use this butter to make many desserts also. Store this homemade peanut butter in a airtight bottle and use it as and when you desire with any recipe of your choice. You can store this recipe for a month easily.
Roasted Peanuts- 300 grams
Sunflower Oil- 1/2 cup
Honey – 3 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
1) In a mixture jar churn the roasted peanuts for approximately 5 minutes till it starts to leave its oil. At this point it will form a dough like consistency and stick together.
2) Now add the oil, honey, salt and churn again for 10 minutes.
3) The butter will not be too smooth it will be bit crunchy in texture. If you want to make it smooth you can churn it again for 10 minutes.
Hello.. How is everyone doing? Today I am posting a recipe which is normally made for fasting. It is basic recipe very easy to make and very yummy. This recipe is very common during the fasting months and on other days of fasting. I have already posted a recipe of sabudana khichidi/Tapioca Sago. This recipe also uses tapioca sago but instead of khichidi we make vada. Make these vadas/cutlets for the winters or rainy season and enjoy it with a hot cup of coffee or tea.They are very tasty, crispy and easy to makes. So lets get cooking..
Tapioca Sago/Sabudana- 1 1/2 cup
Peanuts – 1 cup
Boiled Potatoes- 3 medium
Green Chilli- Ginger Paste- 2 tbsp
Cumin/Jeera- 1 tsp
Sugar- 1 tbsp
Water for Soaking – 1 1/2 cup
Lemon juice- 1 lemon
Fresh Coriander leaves (finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
Garam masala- 1 tbsp
Oil to fry
Salt to taste
1) Soak the Tapioca Sago/Sabudana for 6-7 hours in water.
2) After 6-7 hours check the tapioca sago/sabudana it will have soaked up all the water and will have swollen in size and it will have become soft. Drain the water if any left after 6-7 hours.
3) Roast the peanuts till light brown in color. Now crush the roasted peanuts in a mixture grinder. Do not make a fine powder keep it semi crushed. The crunchy pieces of peanuts will feel very tasty when fried.
4) In a bowl take the potatoes and mash them. Now add the sabudana/tapioca sago and mash again a little. Now add the ginger-green chilli paste, crushed peanut, garam masala, lemon juice, sugar, salt, fresh coriander leaves and jeera and mix everything properly.
6) Noe make small cutlets/roundlets out of the mixture prepared above. While making the cutlets apply some oil on your palm so that the mixture does not stick to your hand.
7) In a deep wok take oil for frying. Let it become hot on high flame first. To check if the oil is ready take a little of the mixture as prepared and put it in the oil if it sizzles and floats on top immediately the oil is ready. At this stage lower the flame to medium.
8) Now add the vadas/cutlets in the oil and fry it till golden brown on both sides.