Ughh why am I always so tired!? I’m off on Mondays so I don’t have work or class.
I woke up today at 12:30 made breakfast/lunch did some homework and fell asleep at like 4:00 and just woke up at 6:00. I slept soo much but I’m still tired. Ughhh I always feel like this. The only time I’m able to wake up early is on vacation so maybe I’m depressed and being around something new can get me going ?
Can anyone else relate to only being alert away from home ?
everyone experiences add/adhd differently, so please don’t read this and think my symptoms are universal. you might have similar ones, you may have some i don’t, etc. these were my symptoms:
- i could NOT stay in class. my sophomore year of college i was in some extremely intense major courses that were super content heavy and i literally got so overwhelmed (and didn’t know why or by what) that i either left my classes halfway thru or didn’t bother going. ps, skipping classes was noT a good idea
- i also had trouble sitting down and getting work done if i wasn’t interested. i’d have zero motivation. half of my studying time would be spent on social media bc i literally couldn’t bring myself to study
- memory? don’t know her. i have to write down everything i need to keep track of like 5 times and in 10 different places, and i will still forget things
- i need to climb and jump and tap and bounce and keep on the move. you know how video game characters have resting animation where they sway back and forth? me. can’t stop moving when i’m not just chillin on the couch
- sometimes i get SUPER into an interest/topic and i’ll,, forget to do homework and sleep and eat and all i’ll do is research into that subject and tell friends about it and i’ll get super involved and this is My New Identity and i need to change my whole life to involve this and then two weeks later. i’ll forget all about it and find something new
- i don’t know if my insomnia and my add are related but i have hardcore insomnia and i know that my add/adhd pals can get that too
- i can be super obnoxious! i can’t always regulate the volume of my voice so it varies widely and sometimes i’ll randomly get super loud and my friends have to remind me to be quiet bc i didn’t even realize i was loud
- time is meaningless and never ending and nonexistent and confusing. i’ll be doing something for 2 minutes and then check and it’s been 30, and other times i’ll be stuck somewhere for 2 hours and it’s actually been 15 minutes. i’m either late or ridiculously early to everything bc i don’t understand how long things will take me
there’s more small things, but those are the big ones. if you’d like me to expand on any of these just let me know! i hope this helps :)
I haven’t felt this bad since senior year of high school and now I am in senior year of college. Senior yr of HS was when I started taking my meds and I haven’t taken my meds in over a month.( I stoped and now it’s out of my system so I need to get a lower dose). So I’m wondering if my ADHD meds stoped my depressive feelings or if I get depressed when it’s the end of something since I was a senior in both situations. Idk why but I just want to crawl in a hole already.
I took my vyvanse for the first time in a month today
My symptoms were just soo strong, the loss of appitite, nausea , anxiety , using the bathroom etc. How do you get back to your normal routine. Do you go back to the dr to get a lower dose? Or you just suffer!? What does everyone do?
I get sooo lonely! But I also want to be in the bed all of the time. I eat constantly. But I want to be social with my friends but being social makes me tired. It’s just too much. But then I also just want to be loved by someone so I made a tinder! Hoping to find a relationship and not a hookup. Ugh Lmao why am I like this !?
Is it ever a pro to mention our disability ADHD in a personal statement?
I’m applying to grad schools with a pretty good gpa and stats so I wouldn’t be mentioning it as a special circumstance. There’s a prompt that is asking about how I bring diversity to the program, race , socioeconomic status and disability are all options that can be discussed. I’m so nervous to disclose it. I know it’s illegal, but I don’t want to be turned down becuase they think I can’t Handle the program. Any advice? Thanks