Loading...

Follow West Cumbria Motorsports Club on Feedspot

Continue with Google
Continue with Facebook
or

Valid

Minutes of meeting  held 4th February2019 at Hundith Hill Hotel,

                                    Cockermouth

 

Present: Peter Lister, Roger Fisher, Ian Aitken, Russell Grant, Pearl Wilson, Kerryl Steel &                      Richard Barnard.

 

Apologies:      Sam Steel, Chris Wilson and Stephen Dixon

 

Matters Arising:        None

 

Treasurers Report:  

 

CMSG/ANECC/ANWCC/SACC:  Greystoke part of Northern Car Club Championship

 

Greystoke:     Finances discussed, John Stone has said he wont be sponsoring the event for 2019, possible looking at increasing entry fees

 

Correspondence:       None

 

Membership 2019:    35

 

Competition Secretary:        

 

Events

 

            4th Feb                         Committeee

            17th Feb           Tarmac Autotest – Chris Hunter at Dunmail

            4th Mar             Committee

            9th Mar             Malcolm  Wilson Rally

            18th Mar           AGM – Hundith Hill

            1st April           Committee

            7th April           Tarmac Autotest- Russell Grant

            28th April         Rallytest

            7th May            Committee

            19th May          Autotest

            3rd Jun              Committee

            10th Jun            Grass Autotet/Bannockburn

 

Online Banking – Forms from bank  to apply for for online banking but need to be queried as to whether they’re the right ones for  the club.

 

AGM              From 2020 onwards the AGM will be moved from March to February with data on that month to be agreed.

 

Old Venue Photos     All photos now have new homes.

 

Any Other Business.

 

COC Replacement – Still no news as to the training which is needed to train up a new Clerk of Course.

 

 

Rallytest Venues        Rowrah has  been mentioned as a possible Rallytest venue but the cost to  hire venue is £500 with entries being thought  of as much as £35 to cover costs, Old Side, Silloth and old Alco factory possible other  venues.

 

General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

 

The Club Committee will ensure

 

            The information collected is restricted to a minimum  being only contact data to enable Club         members to be kept informed of Club business and organised events.

           

            Membership application forms will notify members of the  intended storage of their contact

            details and confirm of the intention to delete such data when members leave.

 

            Only information provided on membership application forms will be retained and stored

            securely in a manner to  enable easy removal of such record data, the information  will be stored electronically.

 

            Access to the data will be restricted to committee members such as the Chairman, the        Membership  Secretary and Newsletter Editor.

 

            Such data stored will not be used for marketing purposes.

 

            An Impact Assessment will be made prior to any proposed change in how the stored data             may be used.

Category:
Read Full Article
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 

Minutes of meeting held 7th January 2019 at  Hundith Hill HotelCockermouth

Present:          Stephen Dixon, Roger Fisher, Peter Lister, Russell Grant, Pearl Wilson, Ian Aitken

 

Apologies:      Kerryl, Sam Steel, Richard Barnard and Chris Wilson.

 

Matters Arising:        None

 

Treasurers Report:  

 

CMSG/ANECC/ANWCC/SACC:  Greystoke part of ANECC/Northern Historic Championship

 

Greystoke:     Treasurers post now covered, meeting was still to take place when committee sat.

 

Correspondence:       Letter from Mountain Rescue regarding charity night, £350 raised.

 

Membership 2019:    24

 

Competition Secretary: All 2018 Championship results finalised and winners notified after         meeting

 

Events:4th Feb            Committee

                        17th Feb           Tarmac Autotest – Chris Hunter/Nigel Moffat at Dunmail?

                        4th March         Committee

                        9th March         Malcolm Wilson  Rally

                        18th March       AGM @ Hundith Hill

                        1st April           Committee

                        7th April           Tarmac Autotest

                        28th April         Rallytest

                        7th May            Committee

                        19th May          Autotest

                        1st/2nd June       2 day Rallytest

                        3rd June            Committee

                        10th June          Grass Autotest/Bannockburn

                       

Data Protection:        Finalised procedure in place ready to use

 

Online Banking:        Awaiting progress

 

Any Other Business:

 

Motion to move AGM from 2020 onwards from March to February

 

Championship – Marshals points awarded to a marshal who hadn’t claimed points for a certain number of events he had marshalled on

 

Pictures from the old Sheep and Wool venue were brought as they were no longer being used and asked what could be done with them as current venue may not wish to have them hung up there. To be taken to awards night and asked if any one there would like to have them.

Category:
Read Full Article
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 

West Cumbria Motorsport Club

 

Minutes of meeting held on 4th June 2018 at Hundith Hill Hotel, Cockermouth.

 

Present:               Stephen Dixon, Roger Fisher, , Peter Lister, Pearl Wilson, Richard Barnard, Kerryl Steel

 

Apologies:          , Sam Steel. Russell Grant, Ian Aitken

 

Matters Arising:  None

 

Treasurers Report:

 

CMSG/ANECC/ANWCC/SACC:  Nothing to report

 

Greystoke:         Entries filled up in 9 Minutes!!!, approval has been given from the safety delegate, forest have been regraded and everything is going ok in the run up to the rally.

 

Correspondence:             None.

 

Membership  2018. – 49?

 

Competition Secretary:                Stephen reported that the event on the 22nd July might have problems with the venue as the person he was dealing with  passed away and we now need permission from others who currently are not in this country.

 

Events 

1st July              Distington Show. Russell to get paperwork

2nd July             Committee meeting.

8th July              Greystoke

22nd July           Autotest. Round of X Pennine – Siloth – Steven organising

4th Aug              Cockermouth Show. Sam to book stand same as last year

5th Aug              Rallytest – Oldside?

6th Aug              Committee

20th Aug           Bannockburn

2nd Sept            Tarmac Autotest

3rd Sept            Committee

30th Sept          Rallytest – Venue TBC

 

 

 

Awards and Presentation

To be considered later.

 

Fire Extinguishers

4 have been purchased and already used on an event (not literally!!)

 

Autotest Trophies

The mugs were brought along and were met with approval by all

 

 

Any Other Business

 

Money to go towards signs, ect for Greystoke has been applied for with a refund of £300.

 

Greystoke were given a radio with MSA frequency on it, because of the crystallisation of the set a certificate has to be obtained which Roger Fisher now holds

 

Data protection, where does the club stand with regards to information members supply and how we use it. Mag being sent, emails to members about forth coming events, ect. Kerryl to investigate further as to how we can and cant use members information.

Category:
Read Full Article
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 

West Cumbria Motorsport Club

 

Minutes of meeting held on 9th April 2018 at Hundith Hill Hotel, Cockermouth.

 

Present:               Stephen Dixon, Roger Fisher, Russell Grant, Peter Lister, Pearl Wilson, and Ian Aitken

 

Apologies:          Richard Barnard, Kerryl Steel , Sam Steel.

 

Matters Arising:  None

 

Treasurers Report:  as at last meeting

 

CMSG/ANECC/ANWCC/SACC:  Stephen had received an E-mail from Wigton MC regarding event dates. Kerryl had replied enclosing our 2018 calendar indicating that dates may change depending on venue availability. 

 

Greystoke:         The next committee meeting is on the 11 April 18. Roger reported he had made a grant application to help pay for more signs and hazard tape. 

 

Correspondence:             None.

 

Membership  2018. – 49

 

Competition Secretary:                Stephen said the first round of the 2018 Cross Pennine Championship on the 18th of March was cancelled due to bad weather and was switched to our autotest on the 8th of April. Only one championship contender took part.

 

Events  29th April            Rally Test – Dunmail – Richard and Russell organising

1 May                 Committee meeting

20 May             Autotest – Dunmail or Siloth? Steven organising. E-mail sent on 11 April asking if Dunmail is available.

11 June             Grass Autotest – Bannockburn. – Postponed till Aug

1st July              Distington Show. Russell to get paperwork

2nd July             Committee meeting.

8th July              Greystoke

22nd July           Autotest. Round of X Pennine – Siloth – Steven organising

4th Aug              Cockermouth Show. Sam to book stand

 

Paypal.  PayPal account arrangements are now all set up and working.

 

Timming Equipment for Autotest events.

Richard asked to get quotes for electronic timing kit but do we really need this?

 

Storage of Club Autotest Equipment.     Steven reported combination locks set to 0605 for his sheds are in place and our cones are currently located there.

 

Rally Test Championship 2018

The 24/25 March event went well but we were short on marshals and lighting for the evening section. However the next two rounds are single day daylight events. It was agreed the Rally Test Championship would be a ring fenced as a standalone championship and would be decided on the best of 3 rounds but would count towards the club overall championship.

 

Club Magazine

Roger’s said the cost of printing black and white is 0.5p per sheet and not 0.07pence as previously stated. He also said that approximately 50% of members receive the magazine by post and it cost 58p each to send one. As agreed at the AGM it would be left up to Roger to decide how much colour printing to use in each issue.

 

Awards and Presentation

To be considered later.

 

Fire Extinguishers

Steven had received a quote for suitable fire extinguishers and it was agreed he would go ahead and order Qty 4.

 

Autotest Trophies

It was agreed we would provide trophies for overall and class winners on the day of the event in future. Steven suggested we get some mugs with the club logo on to award instead of small trophies and gave some prices. It was agreed Steven would go ahead and order some and hopefully have them available for the next autotest on the 20th of May.   

 

Any Other Business

 

None.

Category:
Read Full Article
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 

West Cumbria Motorsport Club

 

Minutes of meeting held on 5th March 2018 at Hundith Hill Hotel, Cockermouth.

 

Present:               Stephen Dixon, Russell Grant, Peter Lister, Pearl Wilson, and Ian Aitken

 

Apologies:          Richard Barnard, Dave Culley, Kerryl Steel , Sam Steel.

 

Matters Arising:  None

 

Treasurers Report:

 

CMSG/ANECC/ANWCC/SACC:

 

Greystoke:         The next committee meeting is on the 14th of March 18. 

 

Correspondence:             None.

 

Membership  2018. – 49

 

Competition Secretary:                Stephen said the first round of the 2018 Cross Pennine Championship on the 18th of March will be a Hartleypool.

 

Events  12th Mar              12 car Navigational Rally – cancelled as no entries received

19th Mar            AGM – At Hundith Hill.

24/25th Mar  Rally Test Richard and Russell organising

8th April             Autotest. Rnd 2 of X Pennine at Siloth – Steven and Russell organising

9th April                             Committee meeting

29th April                           Rally Test – Dunmail – Richard and Russell organising

1 May                 Committee meeting

20 May                               Autotest – Dunmail or Siloth? Steven organising

11 June                              Grass Autotest – Bannockburn – Steven and Chris Hunter organising

 

The updated 2018 calendar is now on the Web site.

 

Paypal.  PayPal account arrangements are now all set up.

 

Timming Equipment for Autotest events.

Richard asked to get quotes for electronic timing kit.

 

Storage of Club Autotest Equipment.     Steven reported he had ordered the locks for his sheds and our cones are currently located there.

 

Rally Test Championship 2018

Richard has issued Championship Regulations registration forms and entry forms for the 24/25 March event. Russell is looking into obtaining clocks for timing.

 

 

 

 

Blood Bikes.

Pearl presented the cheque for the£500 the club had raised to Ann Moffatt of Blood Bikes on the 21 Feb 2018 at M Sport. Anna from M-Sport took photos and kindly arranged for a piece in the local press.          

 

Club Magazine

Roger’s draft March magazine was circulated. Discussion centred on if we should print it, for those who get it by post, in colour or just black and white as colour would cost 7 pence per sheet with black and white only 0.07pence per sheet. It was agreed we would print the March magazine in colour and ask for comments and raise the issue as an item at the AGM.  

 

Any Other Business

 

1.      

AGM

Russell suggested we put Awards and Awards Night as an item on the agenda of the AGM. Ian to action.

 

2.      

Fire Extinguishers

We currently have to borrow fire extinguishers to have on site for autotests. Steven was asked to get quotes for qty2/3.

 

3.      

Autotest Trophies

Should we go back to issuing trophies for overall and class winners on the day of the event? Russell and Steven to look into costs to provide something reasonable.

 

 

 

 

Category:
Read Full Article
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 

Separate tags by commas
To access this feature, please upgrade your account.
Start your free month
Free Preview