At Total SEO & Marketing Ltd, we have been making websites appear at the top of major search engines for many years; including Google, Bing and Yahoo. Get the latest SEO news and updates for businesses who want their website on page one of Google.
To become a company worthy of a high ranking on the internet’s search engines it takes a combination of patience, hard-work and the advice of professionals. There are many ways in which you can enhance one area or another in your SEO practices, but sometimes it’s important to have a complete refresh, to start again and to search for the best way forward as a brand, company and marketing platform in 2019.
With the year in full flow and the sun beginning to creep back into our daily life, the days will seem much brighter for much longer. That’s the end game for SEO, a brighter future that will give you more opportunities in the future. Whatever SEO you have been actioning in the past, you may want to consider these four points as you look to transform your fortunes this year.
Where do you see your company in five years’ time?
Setting targets in the future will be part and parcel of your business plan. You may want to sell a certain number of products, achieve a record number of leads or stay financially secure throughout an office move or during a tough time. The same needs to happen with any SEO processes that you choose to implement into your company.
Whether you aim to increase the number of visitors to your site, improve the bounce rate of your website or you want to reach a certain position for your top five keywords on Google, you will need to work out how you are going to achieve and measure them.
Have you got a content plan for the next couple of months?
Writing blogs and uploading articles to your site and your social media can be a great way to interact with your followers, customers and spark debate about a current topic. Content is a golden feature of any successful website and making sure that you have content which is engaging, keyword-rich and full of useful information can make all the difference.
Get a plan together to create the right content and keep it coming to your site throughout the year.
Are you researching SEO changes and alterations enough?
It is easy to miss something. Google and all major search engines are constantly updating and developing the way that they sort and rank websites. These miniscule changes can make your current processes completely irrelevant, so it is vital that you seek the latest updates in the SEO world to help you.
Google are very up front about their changes and the impacts it can have on SEO, but a professional in the SEO world can help to find ulterior methods to improve your readiness for the changes.
How can an SEO company help?
When selecting or entrusting an SEO company with your ideas and with your grand plans for 2019, you will want to understand their experience and how they have helped websites in the past. At Total SEO we have been providing SEO and PPC campaigns suited to websites and businesses across many different sectors.
Three-letter acronyms can easily get confused and become muddled in our minds. Business is full of them and while it tries to simplify our explanations, it can end up making us search for what the words stand for. This confusion extends past just the acronyms when it comes to PPC and SEO. Two buzzwords in the world of digital marketing and two vital cogs in the working machine of your company.
SEO and PPC both rotate around the axis of search engine rankings, but they are often regarded as two separate entities. We believe that creating a campaign that encompasses both SEO and PPC in one can be effective in a number of ways. To help you understand, here are three simple reasons why the two of them go hand in hand during your search journey:
1. Optimise your keyword list: Two campaigns working simultaneously will give you a lot of data to sift through. If a lot of people are clicking through to your site through a specific PPC campaign, you can note that more users are searching for that term. The short-term impact of PPC can be used to improve and enhance your SEO strategy for the future. Optimising your keyword list is an effective way of ensuring that you have a set of keywords which people are searching for and that will guide people towards the right services; namely, services that you are able to offer them.
2. Boost your social media: You will have noticed the increasing number of Facebook ads, Twitter sponsored ads and LinkedIn marketing intervals. These are the evolving world of PPC and are a great tool for creating a unique social media feed which is both interesting and enticing. This is great instantly to help you attract more customers, but it can boost your SEO campaign by utilising the data which can be gathered through social media. If you know the target market that are accessing your ads, you will be better placed to offer personalised and more suitable marketing in the future, therefore aiding your entire SEO project.
3. Get seen: Being visible among the mass of websites and adverts is hard enough, but it’s even more difficult if you are focusing on just one side of SEO and PPC. SEO is a long-term process that aims to naturally enhance your rankings. That is perfect, but during the interim, you may not be gaining clicks or generating leads for your website. That’s where the power of targeted PPC campaigns can help you to gain a significant short-term boost and guide people to your website. It is then your job to ensure that your SEO work follows this line and can eventually help you to create more effective PPC campaigns.
The cycle of SEO and PPC and the use of them together will be sure to offer benefits for your company. Our team at Total SEO can work to merge these two vital points in your company by creating a complete campaign. To begin, get a free website review today.
It is natural to think that SEO can be something which can be performed in house by adding a new department to your business. You may feel that your current marketing team plus a little bit of training can start to produce results, boost your rankings and see you seamlessly fight your competitors for the top spots. If you have tried it, you will know that those results will seem to take up precious time, effort and, above all, leave you wondering where you are going wrong.
Fortunately, in these situations, there are solutions that can help you to make the most of your investment in SEO. Choosing the right outsourcing company for your SEO is a vital foundation for how well your progress fares, the changes you make and the improvements that you see in the future.
To help you out, here are three main considerations to make when outsourcing your SEO services in 2019:
Cost-effectiveness: Sure, assigning a member of your marketing team to perform SEO on your site will save you money, but there is a difference when it comes to cost effectiveness. If you can spend a little bit of money each month on an expert with one sole purpose you will gain greater strength across your business as a whole. An SEO company worth your money will have an abundance of packages for you to choose from and be able to provide you with real experience in boosting the rankings organically for companies across a variety of sectors. The right outsourced SEO company can achieve this with you and curate a plan of action over the first year of your SEO campaign to ensure the money you spend is accountable.
Proven track records: One of the best ways to understand if an SEO company is right for your needs is by seeing how others have fared when they have used the service. This can be done in a number of ways from checking out the latest reviews on a verified review site such as TrustPilot, asking about previous clients in your sector and getting a quote for the work before you make a decision. An SEO company that can help you will be able to prove its ability to organically improve your rankings over time.
Openness: In coordination with the above point, it is vital that you feel comfortable and are in contact with an open team. There is no point spending money over the next six to twelve months on an SEO contract with little contact or discussion over your site and its effectiveness. Finding an SEO company that can provide you with the best outsourced account manager for your specific needs is vital and can help make the whole campaign flow smoothly.
It is easy to be overawed by the three-letter acronym of SEO. It is a word bandied around so much that it can be difficult to decipher what it actually is, what an SEO company does and whether your website needs SEO right now. Search engine optimisation does not have to be a daunting elephant in your business’ room. It can be the catalyst to drive more traffic, generate more leads and create a healthier, friendlier website.
Therefore, you will be tasked with choosing an SEO company that can offer you expertise and insight into how to upgrade and improve your website, its attractiveness to visitors and its rankings on major search engines. Below are three considerations to make when choosing the right SEO company:
1. Don’t succumb to promises: If you are told that your website will be top of the Google rankings within a month or that your website will be doubling its number of visitors after three months, run away as far as you can. When it comes to SEO practices, there is no set method for boosting rankings and no secrets or cheats that can bring many more customers to your website. An SEO company that understands this will try to provide you with a guide and roadmap of progress and the hopeful improvements that may happen over the long and short term.
2. Check out verified reviews from customers: Word of mouth is one of the best ways to understand more about an SEO company before you secure their services but failing that you can look at verified reviews that cannot be rigged or faked. One of the best review outlets for this is TrustPilot and you can see and compare how companies large and small have fared by searching through their site. If they are not on TrustPilot or do not have verified reviews on their website, tread carefully.
3. Make sure your business goals suit SEO: The most important aspect for choosing an SEO company is arguably understanding what the process is and whether this falls in line with your business’ objectives or targets for 2019. A set of business goals could be that you want to increase traffic, improve conversions or optimise your site across multiple platforms. These are perfectly fine for an SEO company worthy of your money to perform. However, if you are visiting an SEO company in the hope that they can redesign your website from scratch, magic customers to a brand-new site instantly or make people buy from your online store, you will need to review these objectives to fall in line with SEO principles.
Fortunately for you, Total SEO are able to shed a beam of light on SEO and help to break through the worries you may have about the process. Our team of experienced account managers, dedicated copywriters and helpful admin team are waiting to create and setup the ideal SEO campaign.
Reflection as a business is vitally important to start each year by putting your best foot forward. Looking back is the first place to look before you can start looking forward positively because if you cannot highlight issues or opportunities for your company in the upcoming months, how are you going to progress? Whether you see it as a set of resolutions or a loosely based plan for 2019, your SEO development depends on ensuring that your website is in the right shape and that it is sending the right signals to Google.
Our SEO experts at Total SEO have been providing search engine optimisation services for a number of years and throughout this time have gained a grip of this ever-evolving digital marketing strand. If you want 2019 to be your company’s breakthrough year, you will want to have a plan that you can measure in 12 months’ time. No matter if you keep this plan to yourself or you share it to your staff as motivation, here are five steps and considerations to take before creating an SEO plan for 2019:
1. Research the trending modes of searching: Trends change by the minute on social media and dissipate almost as quickly as they came. When it comes to SEO, the trends are sometimes as quick to become the norm, but they will stay that way for longer. Those who have a website that can adjust to the different and changing ways people search could be at the forefront in 2019. Voice search and mobile-first indexing are two vital elements to searching this year.
2. Ensure a regular stream of unique content: Content is a vital tool for your website to ensure that you inform and update Google. Blogs that pose questions, articles that implement keywords naturally and posts that are updated regularly can be planned in advance for the year.
3. Aim to improve your website’s performance: Page loading speeds, advertising popups, menus and scrolling are four ways that you can turn a visitor off when they land on your site. You should make it your goal to improve these factors in anyway you can to make your website look and feel smoother than ever.
4. Understand the best way to use featured snippets: 2019 has started off the way that 2018 finished in terms of SEO. The featured snippets aspect of Google’s first page now takes up a large section of the rankings. By researching and understanding snippets, you can get a head start on any competition you may be up against.
5. Hire an expert: If these things already sound like too many plates to spin at once, you may want to secure the services of an SEO company with a vast array of experience in this constantly moving world. Total SEO can provide you with the help and support that you need to move up the rankings naturally as well as help to improve your website from front to back.
Being the first listing in your area for your services will give you the best chance of securing custom from people searching in your town, city, village or county. You might serve one specific area, have a one fixed address or want to generate responses from across a county, but you will need to consider a number of things.
Location is a vital aspect of any website and it can make a big difference to your localised rankings. Meta data, location pages, Google My Business and more all contribute to effectiveness of your site when it comes to location. To give you a rundown of the best ways you can start ranking in the local area, here are five top tips to think about:
1. Google My Business: A vital aspect of any business that wants to rank on Google. If you are yet to set one up, you may be falling behind your competition. The easy-to-read information will give customers insight into where you are, what you do and a quick view of your reviews.
2. Accurate NAP information: Standing for ‘Name, address and phone number’, it is a simple but often-ignored aspect of SEO. A consistent NAP that runs through your site, Google My Business and even your social media page will ensure Google knows you’re not a spam website.
3. Areas you cover: Something that has received a lot of SEO buzz in recent months and throughout 2018 is location content. Targeted content for the areas that you cover is good, but it is much better to organise it into separate pages that outline exactly what you offer to your customers clearly.
4. Titles and meta data: Each page that shows up on Google can be seen as a mini advertisement. You have those few words to entice someone into clicking through to your site – especially with the growing use of snippets on Google. Transforming your titles and meta data will not only make your site look cleaner but it will help to categorise your website for certain areas you are looking to rank for.
5. Keyword focus: All content that you create on your site is a positive tick for SEO. Every additional article, blog or opinion piece can bring more traffic and increase stickiness on your site, but you can transform that by focussing your keywords. By honing your keywords and the areas you want to target, you can begin to weave the wording and the turns of phrases you are looking to rank for into your content.
These are just five of the many tips that are available to you when you speak with our professionals at Total SEO. We can work and run through the various options open to you when starting an SEO campaign to ensure that your business starts on the right foot and can begin to move closer to improving your localised rankings.
Discover more by getting a free review of your website with us today.
Preparing your website for the changes in SEO is an almost impossible job on your own. Every time you think that you have learned everything there is to know, there will be an update, an algorithm alteration or a completely new feature to get the hang of and understand. To guide you through some of the aspects that you will notice as we head into 2019 and as the year develops, our team at Total SEO have uncovered and dug through the latest trends to get your website prepared.
To unearth the latest trends for you to maximise your SEO output, here are three of the top things to know:
1. User intent for Google: As our main focus at Total SEO centres around Google, we are always on the search for changes in how the search engine functions and how this information can help ensure your website is SEO-friendly and attractive to every user. One of these biggest changes from Google has been the shift to understand the intent of each user. They are looking to develop ways to ensure that when someone searches for a term that they are fulfilled with the information they are presented with, the content they refer them to and the site users click through to.
Relevant content for your keywords, the development of product pages and the clarity that every user is looking for can make your website more attractive from Google’s point of view. If you can understand the information someone searching for your product needs, then you are already one step ahead for 2019.
2. Voice first searching: They became an instant gimmick, they were largely seen as a joke, but voice searching is the present and future. The rise of people using voice first searching (opening their mobile or tablet device to search for something) across the world has put greater pressure on the content on your site to appeal to these search terms and the words people use.
When people search using their voice they will aim to get a clear and straightforward answer. Your job is to have a set of answers awaiting them for their questions. Whether it be ‘where is the best hairdressers near me?’ or ‘what’s the nearest restaurant to me?’ you will want to be chosen as the snippet that Google shows following a voice search.
3. SERP updates in 2018: The results page on Google is one of the most hotly contested areas on the internet because even the most reputable websites can find themselves lower down due to a range of factors. To make it even harder, Google are always changing the parameters that place a website, page or blog post in the best positions when a user searches for something.
You may have seen the alterations for businesses with opening hours, hotel location scores, price range, flight prices, FAQs for companies and comparison options on Google in recent months. You must keep your eye on any SERP updates to see if something affects your sector or business.
If you would like to discuss these changes, discover more about our services and understand how we can prepare your website for 2019, get a free website review today.
A freshly designed website, an engaging social media account and a vision for your business’ future is a great platform to improve your rankings on search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. It will give you the springboard to attain the goals that you did not think were possible. However, you will need a helping hand when it comes to the world of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
The ever-changing landscape in the way that we search for products or services online is something that the leading search engines cater for. That means that you always have opportunities to improve your rankings and climb up the organic listings, as well as depreciate. You can be forgiven for wondering what SEO is, how it works and how to do it, because these do not have answers – only suggestions and accepted principles that aid them.
To explain further, here are three principles that we believe are essential for developing your organic SEO rankings in 2019:
• Careful keyword research: If having a good clean website creates the foundation of the perfect organic SEO home, the keyword research are the blueprints, the materials and planning stage. If you construct a list of keywords that befit your target audience and use the words your potential customers are searching for, you are more likely to boost traffic to your site. By understanding the things your customers search for when looking for services like yours, you will be able to focus on these keywords through your SEO journey.
• Stick to one search engine: An important principle to remember when starting any SEO venture is that you pick a search engine and stick with it. There are a plethora of different rules and algorithms that each search engine uses which change and develop over time. If you are trying to suit the needs of both Bing and Google at the same time, you may be doing something that harms your performance on one or the other. You can even be penalised by search engines for doing certain things to your website in the hopes of gaining an advantage, so be wary and stick to one set of rules.
• Ensure performance is smooth: The power of any website eventually falls to its performance for its users. Sure, you want to bring more people onto the site to find out more about your services or the products you offer, but they can easily click away in an instant. This aspect comes down to reviewing the performance of your site on both web, mobile and tablet. Popup adverts, content that doesn’t load as well as menus that function poorly can all impact your site’s ability to turn visitors into customers or new clients.
While these three principles are important, there are plenty more things that have to be considered for your organic SEO to reach its potential. That’s where our team at Total SEO come in as we can offer SEO services tailored to the sector your business is in and help to develop your organic rankings.
It appears every time we think that we know everything about SEO something else comes into our periphery vision. Your website will have the potential to become a leader in your field, but it will need guidance on this journey from a team who understand how to squeeze every last drop of possible power from it.
Mobiles are, unsurprisingly, high on the list for SEO practices for a number of reasons. It’s easy to search on a mobile, it can be quicker than a laptop and because our lives are in general more mobile-centric.
Therefore, your website must be suited to users who arrive on mobile and be more applicable to Google. As 2019 nears and your business looks to upgrade its SEO practices, we want to give you advice on what to do in terms of your mobile output. Here are three reasons to turn your attention to your mobile site in terms of SEO in 2019:
1) Voice search popularity: It may have seemed like a fad a few years ago as Siri started talking back to us. This fad has, nonetheless, become an important tool for younger searchers who are increasing the amount that voice searches for products and services. The simpler search terms that are used when communicating through voice searches mean that simpler search terms are increasingly important. There is a growing number of purchases and searches coming solely through voice search and it’s vital you are flexible to this area of SEO.
2) Smarter advertising: A long-term problem for websites when they are translated into mobile sites is the existence and placement of adverts. We’ve all tried to access a site where three popups and two enlarged advertisements engulf us with information on deals, offers and more without getting us any closer to what we are looking for. This is where it is vital to use advertising tailored to your mobile site to increase the chances that visitors will find exactly what they are looking for instantly, without being held back by popups that require a pinpoint finger touch.
3) Mobile content is changing: The trends for SEO may change a lot but content remains at a fairly normal level. When it comes to mobile content, the use of featured snippets has become important for Google. Used by the search engine to make it easier for users to find the answers to their questions, you can benefit from writing more engaging mobile content. This means that FAQ pages and content that answers questions are becoming more likely to become a snippet for search engine users to find.
The way your mobile site functions are becoming more and more important for your users, potential customers and clients. They will be looking for a company such as you to answer their questions and provide them with the support they need, whether they use voice search, return to your site or pose a question to Google.
To maximise the potential of your mobile site and to ensure you are well-prepared for the likely trends of 2019, it pays to invest in your SEO practices. Mobile SEO with our professionals at Total SEO can help you to create a plan of action towards a sticky and mobile-friendly website.
The now-infamous tradition of Black Friday has spread its way across the world in recent years. This event is boiled down to slashed prices by the biggest retailers and special discounts in store and online. Black Friday has also become synonymous with the videos of 100s of people clamouring for a TV, but many are now instead switching to the calmness and, admit it, excitement of Cyber Monday.
The biggest online shopping period of the year, the weekend of Black Friday through to Cyber Monday can be an important method of selling more and shifting stock on your e-commerce site. The statistics are there for all to see with 2017 smashing all previous sales records in the US. Let this sink in: over the 24 hours Americans spent $5billion online during Black Friday 2017. Your business has a chance to take advantage of the increased visitors to your site by preparing it for Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2018 with the careful use of SEO and PPC.
What tactics helped websites in 2017 over Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
The success of your business over this time is down to preparing your website for the influx of searches for specific Black Friday offers. BigCommerce.com, who analysed the US Cyber Monday frenzy last year, suggested that a number of specific features contributed to websites thriving in this period. From Facebook Advertising, niche PPC campaigns and content and commerce integration through to optimising the checkout of your site and organising your stock, websites were able to attract and retain customers to their website.
Of course, many people may be attracted by the huge companies with TV time, billboard space and radio advertising, but there are plenty of people who will be frantically searching for niche and specific deals and offers over the weekend. This may be the best way for your e-commerce site to excel in this time.
How do people search for items over Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
As Christmas approaches, there is an acceptance by visitors that most companies will be taking part in the online aspect of Cyber Monday at least. Therefore, it would be silly not to consider how you can improve your SEO practices and PPC in preparation. The most popular search term last year, as explained by The Telegraph, was ‘Black Friday 2017’ and this is conducive to a market that is looking to strike lucky with a big company like Amazon, Argos, supermarkets and more to find a special offer.
However, it is the websites that are ranking for niche terms that will be able to gain the biggest advantage over its competition after individuals have finished with the larger e-commerce sites. We can expect to see a number of searches coming in your direction with the additional words of ‘Black Friday’ or ‘Cyber Monday’ – no matter what your e-commerce site is selling – so adding content, spreading the word about your offers and making your experience seamless could make all the difference this year.