At Total SEO & Marketing Ltd, we have been making websites appear at the top of major search engines for many years; including Google, Bing and Yahoo. Get the latest SEO news and updates for businesses who want their website on page one of Google.
Google are often on the front of every news feed as people clamber for the best possible tips and hints to get them ahead with their website online. Whether they are looking to boost their website’s ranking or find out what is most likely to change in the coming months, it’s watched by people from across the world.
Representatives at Google recently discussed their plans and how they are going to develop their service to offer the best support for every user.
Three of the biggest changes and alterations announced in the way Google will function in the coming months and years are explained below.
Here are three changes to expect from Google in the future:
1. Mobile first searching: Google have set their sights on transforming their mobile-first site index from 50% to the full 100%. This is a growing trend written into the way that we search for things online. Whenever someone doesn’t know an answer, the question goes straight into the search bar for Google to cope with. This means that getting your site towards completely mobile friendliness is vital and will help to give you a head start when mobile sites are the main port of call for users.
2. Augmented Reality and 3D searching: It seems too futuristic to believe that 3D or augmented reality (AR) could be used by Google. The technology is already popular and used by Ikea, RayBan, Pokemon Go and Google’s very own Sky Map, but it is now going to give you the chance to see search results in 3D and in your environment. Interesting.
3. Image searching: Around a quarter of their union address at the Google event was about image topics. The ability to instantly understand a word and translate it into an image is something that Google believes can get users to their destination online quicker than ever before. Optimising images, their text and the meta data around them will give Google the best chance of understanding the context of those images.
Developers and SEO experts have always faced challenges relating to their communication and the application of their respective fields. The questions that are posed and queried by companies involved in SEO rarely have a cut and dry answer, but that may soon change. Google have decided to tackle the myths, misconceptions and questions that remain unanswered in the world of SEO through their upcoming SEO Mythbusting series on YouTube.
One week after Google I/O – the annual developer conference held by Google in the United States – the Google Webmasters account on YouTube will start answering those mysterious questions for all to see through videos. The trailer promised to give greater insight into the world of SEO for businesses, developers and SEO experts in the hope of clarifying the things that we know while affirming our concerns about certain SEO practices.
You may be looking forward to understanding more about SEO, getting to grips with the behind-the-scenes gossip and working to see how you can use that information in your business. As the series nears – it’s set for uploading and release in the week commencing May 13, 2019 – you have time to prepare the notepad and take in those discussions at full concentration.
The series is hosted by Martin Splitt and he will be joined by professionals across the industry, SEO communities and developers to break down the questions that burn in the back of all online content creators, service providers, e-commerce site owners and everyone in between. It is certain to uncover and clarify important elements for your business, but how can you put those into practice?
Turning Google’s new series, SEO Mythbusting, into a starting pistol for your SEO
Not many people can claim to be experts in SEO. As it changes, evolves and Google’s algorithms make a shift, it is integral that you are in contact with people that can help you make sense of everything. SEO Mythbusting is certain to open your eyes to the world of SEO and help to enlighten you about things you never considered, but an SEO team could help to apply and translate those aspects to your own online presence.
At Total SEO we are looking forward to confirming our practices and ensuring that we are a leading SEO service for businesses. No matter the industry and whether you have used SEO before, you will receive bespoke help and support to better your SEO practices in relation to Google.
The often-secretive nature of Google is something that many users have wanted to reveal over the past few years and their latest series will look to bust myths which are always questions marks, even for the biggest businesses in the world. This gives greater awareness to consumers and allows every business owner to take the first step into SEO with confidence.
Throughout the lifespan of SEO, we have seen widespread changes that relate to everything from the way users search, the importance of backlinks, meta data and everything in between. You will be hard-pressed to find something that hasn’t altered at least a little bit throughout this time. Despite its short lifespan, the development of SEO has accelerated to keep every business in the world on their toes.
Before, it was commonplace to inject keywords and stuff them into every nook and cranny with the hope it would produce results, and often it did. Now, however, there are more things to consider and a little more thought needs to go into creating engaging landing pages, interesting content and attractive keywords for those all-important search engines. While the phrase has been around for a couple of years, semantic searches are only going to grow in importance for every business hoping to create a worthwhile SEO campaign.
What are semantic searches?
Traditionally, the way that we focused keywords was around one keyword and the synonyms of that would be picked up by search engines. However, semantic searches go a little deeper into the way users interact with search engines and what they are looking to find out.
As an example, Google and the leading search engines understand the transition from a simple question to the questions that relate to it. If a question such as “What is the size of Barcelona’s Nou Camp Stadium?’ is asked the spin off questions could include “how many seats does it have?” and “how big is it?” Google is able to understand the ‘semantics’ behind the discourse we use when talking and searching about a specific subject to get us to the right place as quick as possible.
Semantic searches also enable Google to watch and monitor a range of other factors when a search is made such as the user’s location, the spelling variation used, global search history and the user’s search history. This all combines to create an intelligent feature that is ready for the rise of voice to search trends across the world.
How can your website make use of semantic searches?
Your specific business will be full of interesting questions and queries. Those FAQs you are queried with every single day will need clear and concise answers which can be answered through your content. If you think slightly outside the box in terms of your business and think what customers want to know then you can begin to tweak your keywords and content to provide the answers.
This is ever-more important as voice to search becomes a key search tool for users and the inclusion of Google’s Snippets takes users to the most reliable sources of information in relation to their search. A refresh of your website’s content may not be needed, but the importance of semantic searching in relation to SEO will continue to be a hot topic until the next evolution comes.
The entire industry is saturated with tips and tricks on how to make the most of your SEO practices. Many of them will be relevant to your business and others may not fit the way you want to move forward. It’s always important to talk with an SEO professional who is trained to understand how to make your website stand out from the rest and it’s vital to be able to sift through the amount of information we need to process about those three little words: search engine optimisation.
One of the most important areas to place a focus on when researching what the best avenue is for your business is the trends. Whatever is trending soon becomes the norm. This applies to social media, websites, advertising and more because digital marketing bends and moulds itself to the trends we notice and the ones that captivate and attract are more than likely going to become the standard shortly after. So, with that in mind what should your business be looking out for and setting the foundations for in 2019?
Here are three things to take a better look at to improve your website and SEO practices:
1) Video marketing: Whether you have products for sale, or you run a service, videos are a great way of engaging with potential customers, explaining in simple terms and bringing a personal feeling to your website. Websites that have videos such as how to use your product or videos of your product in use are more likely to achieve sales while you will also be increasing your customer’s awareness of your products. Video marketing is also useful for your social media output. Upload your videos to YouTube and share them across your social media pages to start attacking on all fronts.
2) Visual content: Leading from the video marketing side of things, our eyes are more likely to be caught by quick facts, statistics and product features, rather than long-form product information or service pages. The best combination of ensuring your customers get the information that they need is to use graphs, colourful statistic, offers or just focus a little more on using bold and underlined content to attract the eyes of your customers with the required information. It is a step in the right direction to improve the performance and stickiness of your website.
3) Content sharing: While it may not necessarily be a new trend, blog posts and content are ever-increasingly important to let you cover all bases. Monthly blogging can bring new customers closer to your site through search rankings while those customers already on your social media pages can be enlightened by this fresh and new content. With long-form and expressive posts, you have the chance to explain and expand on your services, products, latest releases and industry news while understanding you are heading in the right direction SEO wise. There are many different trends to understand in the world of SEO, so if you are interested in beginning an SEO journey with trained professionals, our team at Total SEO can help to guide you through it.
To become a company worthy of a high ranking on the internet’s search engines it takes a combination of patience, hard-work and the advice of professionals. There are many ways in which you can enhance one area or another in your SEO practices, but sometimes it’s important to have a complete refresh, to start again and to search for the best way forward as a brand, company and marketing platform in 2019.
With the year in full flow and the sun beginning to creep back into our daily life, the days will seem much brighter for much longer. That’s the end game for SEO, a brighter future that will give you more opportunities in the future. Whatever SEO you have been actioning in the past, you may want to consider these four points as you look to transform your fortunes this year.
Where do you see your company in five years’ time?
Setting targets in the future will be part and parcel of your business plan. You may want to sell a certain number of products, achieve a record number of leads or stay financially secure throughout an office move or during a tough time. The same needs to happen with any SEO processes that you choose to implement into your company.
Whether you aim to increase the number of visitors to your site, improve the bounce rate of your website or you want to reach a certain position for your top five keywords on Google, you will need to work out how you are going to achieve and measure them.
Have you got a content plan for the next couple of months?
Writing blogs and uploading articles to your site and your social media can be a great way to interact with your followers, customers and spark debate about a current topic. Content is a golden feature of any successful website and making sure that you have content which is engaging, keyword-rich and full of useful information can make all the difference.
Get a plan together to create the right content and keep it coming to your site throughout the year.
Are you researching SEO changes and alterations enough?
It is easy to miss something. Google and all major search engines are constantly updating and developing the way that they sort and rank websites. These miniscule changes can make your current processes completely irrelevant, so it is vital that you seek the latest updates in the SEO world to help you.
Google are very up front about their changes and the impacts it can have on SEO, but a professional in the SEO world can help to find ulterior methods to improve your readiness for the changes.
How can an SEO company help?
When selecting or entrusting an SEO company with your ideas and with your grand plans for 2019, you will want to understand their experience and how they have helped websites in the past. At Total SEO we have been providing SEO and PPC campaigns suited to websites and businesses across many different sectors.
Three-letter acronyms can easily get confused and become muddled in our minds. Business is full of them and while it tries to simplify our explanations, it can end up making us search for what the words stand for. This confusion extends past just the acronyms when it comes to PPC and SEO. Two buzzwords in the world of digital marketing and two vital cogs in the working machine of your company.
SEO and PPC both rotate around the axis of search engine rankings, but they are often regarded as two separate entities. We believe that creating a campaign that encompasses both SEO and PPC in one can be effective in a number of ways. To help you understand, here are three simple reasons why the two of them go hand in hand during your search journey:
1. Optimise your keyword list: Two campaigns working simultaneously will give you a lot of data to sift through. If a lot of people are clicking through to your site through a specific PPC campaign, you can note that more users are searching for that term. The short-term impact of PPC can be used to improve and enhance your SEO strategy for the future. Optimising your keyword list is an effective way of ensuring that you have a set of keywords which people are searching for and that will guide people towards the right services; namely, services that you are able to offer them.
2. Boost your social media: You will have noticed the increasing number of Facebook ads, Twitter sponsored ads and LinkedIn marketing intervals. These are the evolving world of PPC and are a great tool for creating a unique social media feed which is both interesting and enticing. This is great instantly to help you attract more customers, but it can boost your SEO campaign by utilising the data which can be gathered through social media. If you know the target market that are accessing your ads, you will be better placed to offer personalised and more suitable marketing in the future, therefore aiding your entire SEO project.
3. Get seen: Being visible among the mass of websites and adverts is hard enough, but it’s even more difficult if you are focusing on just one side of SEO and PPC. SEO is a long-term process that aims to naturally enhance your rankings. That is perfect, but during the interim, you may not be gaining clicks or generating leads for your website. That’s where the power of targeted PPC campaigns can help you to gain a significant short-term boost and guide people to your website. It is then your job to ensure that your SEO work follows this line and can eventually help you to create more effective PPC campaigns.
The cycle of SEO and PPC and the use of them together will be sure to offer benefits for your company. Our team at Total SEO can work to merge these two vital points in your company by creating a complete campaign. To begin, get a free website review today.
It is natural to think that SEO can be something which can be performed in house by adding a new department to your business. You may feel that your current marketing team plus a little bit of training can start to produce results, boost your rankings and see you seamlessly fight your competitors for the top spots. If you have tried it, you will know that those results will seem to take up precious time, effort and, above all, leave you wondering where you are going wrong.
Fortunately, in these situations, there are solutions that can help you to make the most of your investment in SEO. Choosing the right outsourcing company for your SEO is a vital foundation for how well your progress fares, the changes you make and the improvements that you see in the future.
To help you out, here are three main considerations to make when outsourcing your SEO services in 2019:
Cost-effectiveness: Sure, assigning a member of your marketing team to perform SEO on your site will save you money, but there is a difference when it comes to cost effectiveness. If you can spend a little bit of money each month on an expert with one sole purpose you will gain greater strength across your business as a whole. An SEO company worth your money will have an abundance of packages for you to choose from and be able to provide you with real experience in boosting the rankings organically for companies across a variety of sectors. The right outsourced SEO company can achieve this with you and curate a plan of action over the first year of your SEO campaign to ensure the money you spend is accountable.
Proven track records: One of the best ways to understand if an SEO company is right for your needs is by seeing how others have fared when they have used the service. This can be done in a number of ways from checking out the latest reviews on a verified review site such as TrustPilot, asking about previous clients in your sector and getting a quote for the work before you make a decision. An SEO company that can help you will be able to prove its ability to organically improve your rankings over time.
Openness: In coordination with the above point, it is vital that you feel comfortable and are in contact with an open team. There is no point spending money over the next six to twelve months on an SEO contract with little contact or discussion over your site and its effectiveness. Finding an SEO company that can provide you with the best outsourced account manager for your specific needs is vital and can help make the whole campaign flow smoothly.
It is easy to be overawed by the three-letter acronym of SEO. It is a word bandied around so much that it can be difficult to decipher what it actually is, what an SEO company does and whether your website needs SEO right now. Search engine optimisation does not have to be a daunting elephant in your business’ room. It can be the catalyst to drive more traffic, generate more leads and create a healthier, friendlier website.
Therefore, you will be tasked with choosing an SEO company that can offer you expertise and insight into how to upgrade and improve your website, its attractiveness to visitors and its rankings on major search engines. Below are three considerations to make when choosing the right SEO company:
1. Don’t succumb to promises: If you are told that your website will be top of the Google rankings within a month or that your website will be doubling its number of visitors after three months, run away as far as you can. When it comes to SEO practices, there is no set method for boosting rankings and no secrets or cheats that can bring many more customers to your website. An SEO company that understands this will try to provide you with a guide and roadmap of progress and the hopeful improvements that may happen over the long and short term.
2. Check out verified reviews from customers: Word of mouth is one of the best ways to understand more about an SEO company before you secure their services but failing that you can look at verified reviews that cannot be rigged or faked. One of the best review outlets for this is TrustPilot and you can see and compare how companies large and small have fared by searching through their site. If they are not on TrustPilot or do not have verified reviews on their website, tread carefully.
3. Make sure your business goals suit SEO: The most important aspect for choosing an SEO company is arguably understanding what the process is and whether this falls in line with your business’ objectives or targets for 2019. A set of business goals could be that you want to increase traffic, improve conversions or optimise your site across multiple platforms. These are perfectly fine for an SEO company worthy of your money to perform. However, if you are visiting an SEO company in the hope that they can redesign your website from scratch, magic customers to a brand-new site instantly or make people buy from your online store, you will need to review these objectives to fall in line with SEO principles.
Fortunately for you, Total SEO are able to shed a beam of light on SEO and help to break through the worries you may have about the process. Our team of experienced account managers, dedicated copywriters and helpful admin team are waiting to create and setup the ideal SEO campaign.
Reflection as a business is vitally important to start each year by putting your best foot forward. Looking back is the first place to look before you can start looking forward positively because if you cannot highlight issues or opportunities for your company in the upcoming months, how are you going to progress? Whether you see it as a set of resolutions or a loosely based plan for 2019, your SEO development depends on ensuring that your website is in the right shape and that it is sending the right signals to Google.
Our SEO experts at Total SEO have been providing search engine optimisation services for a number of years and throughout this time have gained a grip of this ever-evolving digital marketing strand. If you want 2019 to be your company’s breakthrough year, you will want to have a plan that you can measure in 12 months’ time. No matter if you keep this plan to yourself or you share it to your staff as motivation, here are five steps and considerations to take before creating an SEO plan for 2019:
1. Research the trending modes of searching: Trends change by the minute on social media and dissipate almost as quickly as they came. When it comes to SEO, the trends are sometimes as quick to become the norm, but they will stay that way for longer. Those who have a website that can adjust to the different and changing ways people search could be at the forefront in 2019. Voice search and mobile-first indexing are two vital elements to searching this year.
2. Ensure a regular stream of unique content: Content is a vital tool for your website to ensure that you inform and update Google. Blogs that pose questions, articles that implement keywords naturally and posts that are updated regularly can be planned in advance for the year.
3. Aim to improve your website’s performance: Page loading speeds, advertising popups, menus and scrolling are four ways that you can turn a visitor off when they land on your site. You should make it your goal to improve these factors in anyway you can to make your website look and feel smoother than ever.
4. Understand the best way to use featured snippets: 2019 has started off the way that 2018 finished in terms of SEO. The featured snippets aspect of Google’s first page now takes up a large section of the rankings. By researching and understanding snippets, you can get a head start on any competition you may be up against.
5. Hire an expert: If these things already sound like too many plates to spin at once, you may want to secure the services of an SEO company with a vast array of experience in this constantly moving world. Total SEO can provide you with the help and support that you need to move up the rankings naturally as well as help to improve your website from front to back.
Being the first listing in your area for your services will give you the best chance of securing custom from people searching in your town, city, village or county. You might serve one specific area, have a one fixed address or want to generate responses from across a county, but you will need to consider a number of things.
Location is a vital aspect of any website and it can make a big difference to your localised rankings. Meta data, location pages, Google My Business and more all contribute to effectiveness of your site when it comes to location. To give you a rundown of the best ways you can start ranking in the local area, here are five top tips to think about:
1. Google My Business: A vital aspect of any business that wants to rank on Google. If you are yet to set one up, you may be falling behind your competition. The easy-to-read information will give customers insight into where you are, what you do and a quick view of your reviews.
2. Accurate NAP information: Standing for ‘Name, address and phone number’, it is a simple but often-ignored aspect of SEO. A consistent NAP that runs through your site, Google My Business and even your social media page will ensure Google knows you’re not a spam website.
3. Areas you cover: Something that has received a lot of SEO buzz in recent months and throughout 2018 is location content. Targeted content for the areas that you cover is good, but it is much better to organise it into separate pages that outline exactly what you offer to your customers clearly.
4. Titles and meta data: Each page that shows up on Google can be seen as a mini advertisement. You have those few words to entice someone into clicking through to your site – especially with the growing use of snippets on Google. Transforming your titles and meta data will not only make your site look cleaner but it will help to categorise your website for certain areas you are looking to rank for.
5. Keyword focus: All content that you create on your site is a positive tick for SEO. Every additional article, blog or opinion piece can bring more traffic and increase stickiness on your site, but you can transform that by focussing your keywords. By honing your keywords and the areas you want to target, you can begin to weave the wording and the turns of phrases you are looking to rank for into your content.
These are just five of the many tips that are available to you when you speak with our professionals at Total SEO. We can work and run through the various options open to you when starting an SEO campaign to ensure that your business starts on the right foot and can begin to move closer to improving your localised rankings.
Discover more by getting a free review of your website with us today.