The Brunette Diaries is the ultimate place for Lifestyle and Fashion blogs in India. If beauty and makeup is what interests you, then The Brunette Diaries has a lot of interesting tips and secrets to help you stay beautiful.Get your daily dose of lifestyle and fashion updates,tips with The Brunette Diaries
Mcaffeine is India’s First Caffeine Infuse Personal Care Brand. It’s an extension to the hyperactive lifestyle and individualistic identity.
About the Product:
1. Pure Silver Skin Rejuvenation
2. Even Toned Skin
3. Paraben Free and cruelty free
4. 100% Vegan, for All Skin Types.
Aloe vera gel base
The main active ingredient in this gel is nano silver and caffeine.
Take a liberal quantity, spread it evenly all over your face and massage with gentle, upward strokes until absorbed. For best results, use 3 times a day (morning, afternoon & night) after cleansing your face with MCaffeine Face Wash.
Check Out our Video Review on our YT channel:Click here
TBD’s honest review/opinion:
I have been using this product for more than a week now. The ingredients stand true in this product, one of the most refreshing gel I’ve used. As this product is caffeine based, it exfoliates your skin and gives you a smoother and fairer skin but more importantly a healthier skin type. I was skeptical as it is a gel-based product and I have oily skin, so I refrain myself from using gel as it tends to be sticky. But this product surprised me with how the gel seeps into the skin and is dried off. You don’t feel sticky rather like a layer of ice on your skin. That’s why it’s the best pick especially in summer season. It keeps your skin healthy and refreshed. You should definitely give this product a shot, you’ll be surprised too.
It retails for Rs. 549 and you can buy it directly from Mcaffeine’s website or from Amazon.
We hope you found this information useful and that you will use this product or atleast give it a TRY
Summers can be a really bad time and more so for your skin. Daily tanning, scorching heat that literally burns your skin, sweating that turns into pigmentation and boils that leave nasty scars on the skin and what not. Taking care of your skin in summer can be a hefty job but with a few habits you can actually be free of stress about your skin. It can be as simple as eating or drinking the right stuff and applying the right beauty products. Read on for simple tips on how to take care of your skin this summer.
1) Keep Yourself Hydrated
As basic as it gets, DRINK WATER. Nothing can be as beneficial as water for your body and skin. Summer heat dries your body inside out, so to keep your skin healthy, you need to keep drinking enough water throughout the day. Minimum 3-4 litres of water is needed for the crucial level of moisture to be present in your body.
Choose the right product to exfoliate your skin. Exfoliating your skin gets rid of dead skin and other dirt out of your pour. Dirt that accumulates and comes out as pimples. Keep your skin fresh by using mint or cucumber exfoliator in summer.
3) Hide Your Skin
Yes, summers are hot and covering your skin doesn’t seem like a healthy option but trust us, exposing your skin can only do harm it. Allow your skin to breathe by wearing cotton or lose clothes.
Apply enough of sun screen every time you step out in sun. Choose the correct SPF according to the weather around your area. Remember, it’s not necessary to apply only once, apply 2-3 times in a day if you travel or work under sun for hours. Your skin needs some remedies and this sunscreen is going to provide it.
5) Right Supplements
There are n number of supplements that claim to heal your skin or make you look fairer. Don’t fall in such traps. Make sure whatever product you consume, it should benefit your immune system as well as your organs. Drinking or taking supplements for your digestive system can be really great if you are facing “toilet” issues, as it reflects on your skin.
‘Cosmetics enhance beauty’ is what most of us use them for. But, we hardly think that they can affect us more than we realize. Mounting research on this subject has raised certain concerns regarding the potential side effects of these products. The Chemicals present in the cosmetics and beauty products have shown various complications and side effects on the hormonal as well as the reproductive system of women.
Environmental chemicals and their effects on reproductive function have become a hot topic in the field of reproductive medicine. Most of the cosmetics including nail polish, anti-bacterial soaps, anti-aging creams, hair sprays and perfumes have a severe effect on female fertility due to the toxic chemicals present in it.
When asked the same question to Dr. Nitasha Gupta, Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist, Indira IVF Hospital from New Delhi, she had to say this, “In the recent years, several endocrine disrupting chemicals have been identified to affect abnormal ovarian function, miscarriages and female infertility. Soaps, the supreme germ killer, but antibacterial soap can also kill your chances of conceiving. Antibacterial soaps, contains chemical triclosan which is linked to endocrine disruption that mess up with your hormones and interfere with the reproductive system. Parabens are a type of preservative (soaps, shampoos and conditioner) used to prevent the growth of bacteria. But too much of it can have impact on fertility. When hormones are out of balance, the chances of creating healthy eggs or healthy sperm is reduced.”
Dr. Nitasha Gupta believes that beauty or cosmetics products do harm the fertility of a woman. In her opinion, With the presence of many volatile organic compounds, formaldehyde, Phthalate like dibutyl Phthalate (DPT) and toluene as ingredients in nail polish, these chemicals pose a high risk to cause fertility issues, misconception and even birth defects. Women who polish their nails very frequently are at a greater concern in terms of facing fertility issues. Phthalates are known to cause infertility in both the males and females. It is sometimes advised for the people working in beauty salons for hours to take precautionary measures.
“Polish removers contain toxic chemicals too including acetone, methyl methacrylate, toluene and ethyl acetate. The most commonly used chemical is a solvent named toluene which is often used in cosmetics for getting glossy finish. This chemical is known to affect the central Nervous System (CNS) and harm to the reproductive system. Another such chemical which is more profound in beauty products are the phthalates, which are also a reason for disrupting the hormone levels, impairs fertility and aids in building up of breast milk during pregnancy. A chemical found in nail polish – TPHP (Triphenyl phosphate) is immediately metabolized to DPHP (diphenyl phosphate) and can put women at an elevated risk of fertility problems.
Exposure to these chemicals puts you at a higher risk of miscarrying and the baby at risk for physical and mental birth defects. The defects may include preterm birth, increased chances of miscarriage, learning problems and cognitive impairment, behavioral issues and even damage to the kidney, brain and the nervous system.
“So, we need to give a thought about the safety of the products before we use them. Excess use of beauty products can be disastrous to pregnancy and the chances of conceiving may reduce drastically owing to their serious effects on reproductive environment. Though IVF treatments help in conceiving, avoiding use of such chemicals is advisable, as even after conception, continued excess usage can cause miscarriage and birth defects.” Added Dr Gupta.
With pretty long hair, there are a zillion ways to style them. Colour them, curl them, use extensions, twist them, tease them, fold them, braid them..let your imagination run wild with those waist-length bangs.
Read these out of the box ideas to style your beautiful long locks.
1) Waves with Spiral Curls
Waves are best suited for long hair. Wave them up and highlight those wavy bangs in golden. Go for spiral curls towards the end.
2) Fishtail Braid
The classic fishtail braid is a match for all your outfits. Give your simple fish braid, the unusual messy look to stand out in the crowd.
3) Shiny Waves
Look glamorous in these shiny waves. Try some leave-in conditioner after washing your hair and let them air dry. Use some glossy serum to add shine to your hair. Then, puff up your crown section and put them all on one side.
4) Layered Hair
Simple yet trendy! Layered straight hair has always been the choice of several fashionistas. You can puff it up a bit of your crown section and hide the very front layers behind the ear to get the full effect.
5) Voluminous Curls
Rock this look if you have dry and rough hair. Get a heat treatment for your naturally curly hair to get these voluminous curls. Wear these curls to the next concert with your leather jacket.
A basic guide to applying makeup while adorning a fresh look that makes people look at you twice!
Heat and humidity can kill your plans of applying a lot of makeup and may make your skin look rather dull and lifeless. Here are a few basic ways to look refreshing and gorgeous with minimal makeup on a hot and humid day!
1) Care for your skin- Unfriendly weather conditions affect your skin the most, especially your face because that skin is more sensitive than the rest of your body. Make sure you wash your face multiple times a day, often with just water or some mild face wash. Use some home remedies like Doodh Haldi.
2) Stay hydrated- Drink loads of water to flush out the toxins from your system. Water also makes your skin tight and wrinkle-free.
3) Know your skin type- If your skin is oily, avoid foundation or primer while you head out. A light layer of compact powder will be a good idea even with heat and humidity. If you have dry skin, a primer is an apt option.
4) Don’t use excessive powders- Do not overdo your face with contouring or highlighting as perspiration will ruin your look. A concealer can be used.
5) Waterproof eyeliner- You wouldn’t want to look like someone punched you in the eye! Make sure you avoid pencil eyeliners as they smudge with sweat. Use waterproof eyeliner to keep it lasting for long despite the weather.
6) Apply liner only on the upper waterline- Apply a fine line only on the waterline to enhance your eyes at the same time give a no makeup look. Avoid mascara on your lower eyelashes. Use just one coat for your upper lashes.
7) Exfoliate your lips- Chapped lips may ruin your look even though you have applied a beautiful shade of lipstick. Don’t forget to keep your lips moist and chap-free with the help mild scrubs or honey and sugar before you apply your lipstick.
8) Keep it glossy- Gloss will make your face glow and will give you elegance.
Your pretty eyelashes are one of the most delicate elements of your eyes. They have the power to make or break your entire look. Women these days are pretty conscious of the way their eyelashes look; thin or weak eyelashes are reasons of constant worry. Fortunately nowadays, there are a lot of artificial and natural ways to achieve longer and thicker eyelashes. Start using these tips, and notice how your peepers grab attention.
- Apply eyeliner on the upper lash line. This trick will darken your lash line, which in turn will make your lashes look darker and thicker. It’s okay if you cannot draw a perfect line; a smudgy line works just as well.
- Every woman swears by mascara but only some know how to use it effectively. Did you know that wriggling your mascara wand a little gives you a better effect than just swiping it straight? Start right from the root and wriggle your wand a little while curling the tips. Ensure that your wand is rid of the extra product before you apply it. You don’t want your lashes to end up looking clumpy and messy. Also never be in a hurry while applying mascara; take your time.
- Eyelash curlers are your go-to thing when you need beautiful eyelashes in a jiffy. You can visibly notice the change after just one use. Use an eyelash curler before applying mascara and never after it because you obviously don’t want to accidentally pull out your eyelashes.
- False eyelashes add the dramatic effect to your eyes. It is an absolute must for important occasions when you wanna put your best foot forward. Here lies the trick – fake eyelashes can look stunning when done correctly and can look overdone if applied in the incorrect way. First of all, you need to buy a pair of fake eyelashes keeping the occasion and your ensemble in mind. Invest in good lash glue and practise the art of correctly applying falsies. It could be messy and time-consuming at first but the results will be worth it!
- Lash serums are worth investing in if you want a more permanent solution. An eyelash serum increases the growth rate of your eyelashes. Apply a serum like your everyday mascara and get the serum benefits too!
- Not enlightened on the uses of baby powder? No worries, we are here. Apply a coat of mascara, dip a cotton bud in baby powder and rub it gently on your lashes. Now start with a second coat of mascara. See the difference for yourself!
- Castor oil or olive oil is the best natural remedy to for longer and thicker eyelashes. Apply castor oil or olive oil to your eyelashes using a clean mascara wand before you go to sleep every day and witness the growth instantly.
- Apply aloe vera gel to lashes using a clean mascara wand before going to bed at night.
- Make some green tea and let it cool down. Apply it on your eyelashes using a clean mascara wand and discover another beneficial use of green tea!
- Yes, fake eyelashes or eyelash extensions might be excellent quick fixes to your problem but will not help you in the long run. Steer clear of such artificial methods and opt for natural ones instead.
- Do your lashes a favour and remove all traces of makeup at night. Help them in their growth rate by giving them a change to breathe.
Frizzy, undisciplined, difficult to style, afro, permed or curly hair can be a hassle, and many women are resorting to permanent straightening to make their lives easier or so they don’t have to get the straighteners out every day. Here’s our guide to permanent hair straightening.
How It Works:
The hair is given a new structure to make it more manageable. First, an alkaline (sodium based) product is used to break the original chain of keratin molecules (hair fibre). Then an oxidant product is added to neutralise the action of the keratin and to set the fibres in place in the desired shape.
The products used for straightening are powerful, even sodium-free ones which are still based on aggressive sodium or potassium derivatives. As a result, you need to:
- Wear gloves to protect hands and nails.
- Stick to the time it says on the instructions: if you go over, it could cause irritation.
- Use the product only on naturally curly hair and not on hair that has already been straightened, especially when treating roots.
- Do a strand test if you have fine hair and if the instructions tell you to.
- Only use if your scalp is healthy, and free from rashes and itching.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water if any product comes into contact with your eyes.
Side-effects On Your Hair:
- The product breaks the chain of keratin molecules that constitute the hair fibre, so it becomes fragile.
- It also dries hair out. Water molecules that usually attach themselves to the protein in your hair no longer have anything to fix onto. This can cause dandruff and an itchy scalp.
Products To Care For Your Hair After Permanent Straightening:
You need to restore the balance of hair that has been damaged by the process of straightening by reconstituting its natural defences and hydrating it.
The best products are proteins and plant vitamin based ones mixed with linseed, wheat germ or shea oil which penetrate to the heart of the hair and strengthen it without turning it greasy. Many products are being launched and improved so that women do not have deal with extensive hair fall etc., after getting their hair permanently straightened.
Products with animal fat or mineral base, in particular Vaseline, lanolin or glycerine should be avoided because they are too greasy and prevent the scalp from breathing, encouraging dandruff and irritation.
Daily Care For Permanently Straightened Hair:
To avoid having to untangle your hair, plait it loosely before bed or wrap it in a scarf (preferably a silk one). Cotton absorbs moisture while synthetic or wool make your scalp sweat and hair become static.
If your hair is still tangled and you don’t have time, untangle the top layer gently to prevent breaking it. Untangle your hair properly later strand by strand with a wide-toothed comb, working from the ends to the roots.
A daily massage before bed will improve circulation to the scalp: place your fingertips on your scalp, apply strong pressure and rotate or use back and forth movements without moving your fingers. Massage your entire scalp like this.
Shampooing Permanently Straightened Hair:
Choose a very gentle shampoo that doesn’t foam too much (this is a sign it contains lots of detergent). Wet your hair with warm water then apply the shampoo without lathering too much, just gently rubbing with your fingers flat on your head. Massage the hair without being too aggressive from the scalp to the ends to prevent tangling it. To rinse, start with small jets of water to get rid of the shampoo, then rinse thoroughly and gently.
While rinsing your hair you should always make sure that you do not end up tangling them because, it makes it very difficult to comb them smoothly plus invites breakage leading to hair damage.
Coloured lips – natural, bright, nude – they all have always been in. But, how to ensure that your lips stay coloured throughout the time you intend it to? You dress up amazingly and make yourself up but as soon as you realise your lip colour vanishing, a sense of being incomplete develops. You may eat, smooch or simply do anything, but maintain these coloured lips, and avoid its leakage. To avoid clown mouth, follow these super-easy steps to keep your lipstick where it belongs—on your gorgeous pout!
1. Exfoliate: Scrub your lips with the rest of your face while you’re in the shower in the morning. A gentle exfoliator will smooth over the flakes that come with winter’s chapped lips.
2. Moisturise: Remember that even your lips have skin that can dry up like the other parts of the body. Hence, moisturising everything, including your lips is the key. Stock up on a long-lasting chapstick to keep your pucker from getting chapped, and use it before applying lipstick to help it go on smoothly.
3. Line-up: Use an easy-to-apply lip primer to set the stage for the bold colour. Once it’s absorbed, outline you lips in a liner that’s the same shade of your natural lip colour. This does not let it go beyond your lip boundary.
4. Add Your Red: Red is a risqué colour that is in vogue currently. It is not very easy to carry this lip colour off regally. It is essential you take care that the colour suits your skin tone and the occasion to which you are wearing it. Apply the red lipstick of your choice in two swipes. Blot a couple times on a tissue and repeat with another swipe of lipstick, followed by another blot. Repeat this process until you score your desired colour strength.
5. Set with Powder: That’s right! A light, translucent powder will help keep the colour in place even after you enjoy a huge mug of hot chocolate!
So, go ahead. Enjoy yourself without hampering your lip-colour.
The hair is the richest ornament of a woman – Martin Luther.
If you don’t know whether your hair has been damaged by years of colouring, constant heat styling or everyday abuse, you can look for seven clear signs that your hair has been damaged. If you recognize these signs in your hair, it may be time to stop over-processing your hair and begin fostering healthy hair by taking better care of it.
Dull and Lacklustre:
Hair that is damaged won’t have a supple look. You may find that you have to resort to a silicone spray to enhance your hair’s shine, or that even after deep conditioning your hair still looks dull. This is a sure sign that your hair is damaged and the shafts are no longer smooth. Applying gel to such hair might have a more adverse effect on your hair.
To test whether or not your hair is damaged, hold a section of hair upside down so that your ends are pointing upward. Run your finger over the end to test the texture. Are they soft, or are they hard and brittle? A brittle, dry texture denotes a damaged hair shaft that is not absorbing moisture well. Oiling is necessary to get rid if brittleness of the hair.
If your hair was previously easy to style and quick to take care of, and you find that your hair is having a harder time holding a style, is constantly frizzy or you have a problem with fly aways, then your hair is probably damaged. Dry hair causes it to break into short pieces that are harder to manage. Damaged hair won’t hold a style as easily as healthy hair will.
Healthy hair is supple and moisturized, so it shouldn’t be hard to comb out after a bath or shower. Damaged hair will clump and stick together, making it hard to get through, even with the aids of leave-in conditioners and styling products. If your hair is constantly tangled in knots and hard to comb out, it could mean that it is damaged. Use of a wide toothed comb can be helpful in combing.
Hair Split Ends:
You can look for split ends by wrapping a section of hair around your finger near the end of the hair and watch for ends that stick up when the rest of the hair is wrapped around. Split ends are a separating of the end, caused by dryness and harsh treatment. There is no way to treat split ends but to cut them off; as the hair becomes so damaged it cannot be fused back together again. Regular trimming helps in getting rid of split ends though.
Check for signs of damage
Susceptible to Breakage:
If you notice more hairballs in your comb or around your room/bathroom, it could be a sign of damaged hair. Damaged hair that is dry and brittle will snap off more easily. While some hair loss is normal, when you see a large increase of it, you can count on damaged hair as being the culprit.
Colour Fade or Hyper-Absorption:
Damaged hair is more porous than healthy hair, resulting in problems when you want to colour your hair. The dye might absorb too much into the hair, giving you a too-dark result that you didn’t want. You also may find that your hair colour fades faster, as the excess porous-ness of the hair releases too much of the colour when you shampoo your hair.
Makeup experts believe that lips have the power to make or break a look. We totally agree! Not only can beautifully coloured luscious lips add a lot to your makeup, but they can also make you look 10 times sexier than you already are. Yeah, I know that thin lips are a turn-off but wait right there! Makeup is all the magic you need to make your lips look fuller.
Here’s all the help you need to get that perfect Kylie Jenner pout
- Firstly prep your lip for makeup by exfoliating it. For a detailed lip exfoliation guide, click hereladies.
- Use light to your advantage; make your pout look fuller by using a little shimmery lip gloss just onto the middle of both your lips.
- This one is an all-time winner! Pat a little concealer on your lips, especially on your natural lip line. This helps you fake a larger canvas. Now use a lip liner that matches your lip colour to draw a line that’s slightly outside your natural line. Fill in with colour and no one would know the secret behind those kissable lips! P. S. – We’d advise you to practice at home first since it’s very easy to overdo it and end up looking cartoonish.
- Yes, we know you’re in love with dark shades but rocking the nude pout gives your lips a fuller appearance. Plus, it’s also the hot rage this season! Here’s all the help you need.
- Make your lipstick pop by lining the outside of your lips line with a little concealer and an angular tip brush. ‘Coz clean lines have a lot of say in how head-turning your lips look!
- The cupid’s bow is the area which can help you score brownie points in no time. Give special importance in lining and filling that sexy dip in your upper lip ‘coz experts say that it’s the first area that attracts anybody to your pouters.
- If mattes are your love, we’re not stopping you ‘coz a creamy, rich matte finish can turn your dream of getting bigger lips into reality. Click here to know more about making your mattes comfortable.
New to the world of lipsticks? Here’s the ultimate guide that will help you choose your ideal lipcolour!