Hello, my name is Karen and I am a Melbourne girl living in Dubai. I am the creative mind, photographer and the sneaky chef behind the Secret Squirrel. This site is a collection of my recipes that celebrates the pleasures of eating simple, real, natural and wholesome food.
Nespresso Latte Macchiato Chia Puddings layered with coconut yoghurt, fresh figs and cacao nibs makes this the perfect start to any morning! Prepare this chia pudding in advance the night before and have it ready to go in the morning. The Latte Macchiato adds a delicious creamy texture and will keep you going for the rest of the day. It can also be enjoyed for breakfast or as a dessert.
My mornings always begin with a warm cup of coffee. With the Nespresso Lattissima One machine, I can indulge a little and enjoy delicious coffee with milk. What I love about the Lattissima One is that it is a compact machine which fits perfectly in any kitchen
1 Nespresso pod
3 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tbsp maple syrup (adjust accordingly to your liking)
3 tbsp coconut yoghurt
Fresh figs and cacao nibs to decorate
1. Add 1 Nespresso pod and 120ml milk to the Nespresso Lattissima One machine and make a Latte Macchiato.
2. Add 3 tbsp chia seeds and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
3. Leave overnight in fridge to set.
4. Start layering the pudding by adding coconut yoghurt, coffee chia pudding, fresh figs and top with a sprinkle of cacao nibs.
5. Serve immediately.
Loacker wafers, date caramel sauce, vanilla greek yoghurt and bananas make this creamy, delicious breakfast jar irresistible. Yummmmm dessert for breakfast?! Yes please! This Banoffee Parfait is like eating a sweet, decadent banana and toffee pie that’s absolutely delicious!
The date caramel sauce is everything you wished for! Sweet, sticky, gooey and all things yum!
The Loacker wafers add a delicious chocolatey crunch to the parfait. So light and crispy with a rich chocolate hazelnut flavour. It’s a dream come true!
45g Loacker Napolitaner Wafer biscuits
80g pitted dates
1/2 cup boiling water
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
250g greek yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 banana sliced
Extra Loacker Napolitaner Wafer biscuits for topping
1. Blend the pitted dates with boiling water, coconut oil and vanilla until it creates a thick smooth caramel. Set aside to cool.
2. Crush the Loacker Napolitaner Wafer biscuits into small pieces.
3. Mix greek yoghurt with vanilla bean paste.
4. Start layering the parfait by adding a heaped tablespoon of the crumbled Loacker Napolitaner into the bottoms of each jar, add a tablespoon of the caramel, layer of banana slices and a generous dollop of yoghurt. Repeat to create the next layer.
5. Top with a few banana slices, caramel sauce and Loacker Napolitaner Wafer biscuits.
6. Serve immediately.
Easy peasy homemade pesto. This is probably one of the most versatile condiments to have in your house and I always have a jar of this handy in my fridge. It is delicious with just about anything!! Spread it on hasselback potatoes (like the photo above), roasted veggies, spread it on toast, it is also delicious with seafood! ☺️
I’ve teamed up with the Imperial College London Diabetes Centre (ICLDC), to create some delicious diabetic friendly recipes. It is extremely important to eat healthy and maintain regular exercise to help manage diabetes. The Walk 2017 is coming back on 17th November 2017 at Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi. Join me and thousands of others on this great cause! You can sign up and buy tickets at www.walkon.ae. See you at Yas Marina Circuit! ❤️
1/3 cup pinenuts
3 cloves roasted garlic
2 cups fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup dill
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a food processor, add pine nuts and roasted garlic and process for a minute.
2. Add basil and dill. Process until finely minced.
3. Add parmesan cheese. Pulse a few times until combined.
4. Add olive oil, salt and pepper to the pesto mixture and mix it in with a wooden spoon.
5. Keep in an airtight jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Love Secret Squirrel xx.
Read Full Article
Scroll to Top
Separate tags by commas
To access this feature, please upgrade your account.