Rap-Up is a national hip-hop and R&B magazine. Founded in 2001, the full-color, glossy publication has featured music's biggest stars including 50 Cent, Beyoncé, T.I., Ciara, Rihanna, Eve, Nelly, Pharrell, Mary J. Blige, The Game, and Nicole Scherzinger.
Last month, the hip-hop mogul won the revenge porn lawsuit filed against him by the “Love & Hip Hop” star. A Los Angeles judge dismissed all claims against the rapper and ordered that Mari pay $30,618 to cover part of 50’s legal bills.
But according to 50, he has yet to receive the money. Taking to Instagram on Friday (Feb. 15), he publicly demanded payment from the singer and showed little sympathy.
“Bitch if you don’t give me my motherfucking Money,” he wrote. “What’s taking you so long? Oh you ain’t got no money.figure it out.”
A post shared by 50 Cent (@50cent) on Feb 15, 2019 at 11:36am PST
This is not the first time 50 has called out Teairra on Instagram. Last month, he also demanded his money. “Bitch I’m not gonna tell you again, I want my money now,” he wrote.
In May, Mari sued 50 Cent and her ex-boyfriend, Akbar Abdul-Ahad, accusing them of engaging in a plan to sexually objectify and humiliate her. She claimed Abdul-Ahad logged into her Instagram account and posted a sexually-graphic video and photo with “ejaculate” on her face. After Mari removed the content, 50 reposted the material on his own Instagram page.
50 denied the allegations, claiming that the photo had spread across the internet by the time he posted it. He requested that her lawsuit be thrown out of court.
“Now Teairra you can cough up the money or you can go with R.Kelly and shit in a bucket. LOL,” he wrote following the January ruling.
Teairra is not the only one experiencing 50’s wrath. The G-Unit mogul also clowned Floyd Mayweather over his support for Gucci amid the blackface controversy. He posted a fake letter from Mayweather mocking his public statement and literacy.
Mayweather addressed the controversy in an open letter on Instagram. “The same celebrities stirring the pot over brands that they, without doubt, will continually buy, are the same artists that inject rap lyrics fueled with drugs, murder and sexual promiscuity into the very Black Communities you’re pretending to care so much about,” said the boxing champ.
Soulja Boy and Blac Chyna celebrated their first Valentine’s Day together with some retail therapy.
On Thursday, Young Drako and Chyna hit the streets of Beverly Hills, making a stop at Saks Fifth Avenue, where he claims to have spent $50,000. Soulja documented their shopping spree on Instagram, showing Chyna admiring Chanel handbags and Dior candles.
“We shuttin’ down the whole Saks Fifth,” said Soulja. “This is how bosses shop.”
Soulja Boy took his New Boo Blac Chyna Shopping on Valentines Day!! (Tyga Tygaaa) - YouTube
The new couple was photographed by paparazzi as they left the store. They held hands while Soulja put the shopping bags in the trunk of his white Rolls-Royce and Chyna signed autographs.
New romance? Blac Chyna and Soulja Boy out on Valentine's Day - YouTube
The rapper and model have been dating for over a week after connecting on social media. According to TMZ, they met up at Sean Kingston’s L.A. penthouse and have been “inseparable” ever since.
Soulja hasn’t been shy about flaunting their relationship on social media, even giving them the nickname “DrakoChyna.” They were seen dancing at a party and riding together in his Rolls. He also retweeted media outlets reporting on their romance. “In love,” he wrote alongside the heart eye and shrugging emojis.
The 28-year-old rapper, who claims to have the biggest comeback of 2018, is remaining in the spotlight following his infamous “Breakfast Club” interview. Today, he also dropped the video for his new single “Cut Dat Check.”
Soulja Boy "Cut Dat Check" (WSHH Exclusive - Official Music Video) - YouTube
Chicago police have arrested two “potential suspects” in the alleged assault of Jussie Smollett.
On Friday (Feb. 15), Chicago P.D. spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said they are talking to two men and “detectives have probable cause that they may have been involved in an alleged crime.”
“We are working to corroborate the allegations and investigative timeline as our investigation continues,” added Guglielmi.
According to TMZ, the men are brothers from Nigeria named Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, who have ties to “Empire.” Cops raided their home on Wednesday and seized potential evidence including several bottles of bleach. Ola played a prison inmate on the second season of “Empire,” while Abel also says he worked on the Fox show.
Police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the Chicago attack last month because the actor is being written off the series. However, 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment have denied the report.
“The idea that Jussie Smollett has been, or would be, written off of ‘Empire’ is patently ridiculous,” the network and studio said in a joint statement. “He remains a core player on this very successful series and we continue to stand behind him.”
The writers of Empire have never planned or even discussed writing @JussieSmollett off of the show.
On Thursday night (Feb. 14), Guglielmi said the hoax reports were “unconfirmed by case detectives,” adding that there is “no evidence to support” the claims.
Media reports anout the Empire incident being a hoax are unconfirmed by case detectives. Supt Eddie Johnson has contacted @ABC7Chicago to state on the record that we have no evidence to support their reporting and their supposed CPD sources are uninformed and inaccurate. pic.twitter.com/iSO5YFv452
Smollett told police he was attacked in the early hours of Jan. 29 by two people who yelled racial and homophobic slurs. They tied a rope around his neck and doused him with a chemical substance, possibly bleach, while yelling, “This is MAGA country.”
On Thursday, Smollett appeared on “Good Morning America,” where he spoke for the first time about the alleged attack. “At first, it was like, ‘Listen, if I tell the truth, then that’s it, because it’s the truth,'” an emotional Smollett told Robin Roberts. “Then it became a thing of, like, ‘Oh, how can you doubt that, like how do you not believe that? It’s the truth.’ And then it became a thing of, like, ‘Oh, it’s not necessarily that you don’t believe that this is the truth, you don’t even want to see the truth.'”
He also explained why he was initially hesitant to go to police. “There’s a level of pride there. We live in a society where, as a gay man, you are considered somehow to be weak,” he said. “And I’m not weak. We, as a people, are not weak.”
Jussie Smollett 'pissed off' after alleged attack - YouTube
The rapper took to Instagram to put 6ix9ine on blast for ratting out his associates in his federal case, where he pled guilty to nine counts of racketeering, conspiracy, firearms offenses, and narcotics trafficking.
Boosie claims he was supportive of 6ix9ine when he was arrested on racketeering charges in November 2018. But he changed his mind upon learning that 6ix9ine was cooperating with the feds.
“WHEN YOU FIRST WENT TO JAIL I WAS LIKE FREE DUDE CAUSE I DONT LIKE TO SEE NO ONE N DAT CAGE LIKE DAT i BUT ONE THING I DONT CONDONE OR SUPPORT IS RATS,” he wrote.
Three of Tekashi’s former associates—Kintea McKenzie, Anthony Ellison, and Denard Butler—were indicted in connection with the crimes. Tekashi spoke with investigators and allegedly ratted out McKenzie (aka Kooda B) as the gunman in the attempted shooting of Chief Keef in New York City in June 2018. McKenzie was reportedly paid $10,000 and now faces 10 years to life in prison.
Boosie went on to slam the rainbow-haired rapper. “YOU GOTTA SAY U A BITCH ASS NI**AS WHO WAS JUST WAS PLAYING HOE GAMES WITH EVERYBODY YOU HAVE TO ADMIT ON WAX THAT YOU A HOE ASS NIGGA FROM NOW ON (period)I AND I DO UNDERSTAND YO SITUATION NiGC..A. I WAS FACING A NEEDLE. (Lethal injection) N AINT BEND BREAK R FOLD,” he said.
According to Boosie, who was indicted on first-degree murder charges in 2010, there are grave consequences for working with the feds. “WE HATE RATS IDK ABOUT NEWYORK BUT N LOUISIANA U WILL BE MURDERED LESS THAN A MONTH AFTER YOUR RELEASE FRFR YOUR KIDS WILL BULLIED N SCHOOL FOR THE DECISION YOU MADE you PUT ALL YOUR FAMILY N GRAVE DANGER FOR LIFE CAUSE OF THIS BS, DID U THINK BOUT THEY SAFETY? Keep it 100 u DONT care bout nothin but YOU SMH.”
6ix9ine has had to beef up security for his family since his plea deal. His baby mother, Sara Molina, has hired her own 24/7 armed security to protect her and their 3-year-old daughter. “He made his bed, now he has to lie in it,” Molina told TMZ. “But he didn’t think how it’s going to affect others. He’s only thinking about himself in this situation.”
6ix9ine remains behind bars until his sentencing on January 24, 2020. He faces a minimum of 47 years based on his guilty plea, but may receive a lighter sentence if he continues to cooperate with authorities.
After scoring his first Grammy nomination for Victory Lap, Nipsey Hussle keeps the celebration going with his new single “Racks in the Middle.”
Over the Hit-Boy production, which also features Roddy Ricch, the All Money In MC gets introspective, rapping about the highs and lows—from his Grammy nomination to the loss of his friend. “Damn, I wish my ni**a Fatts was here / How you die at 30-something after banging all them years?” he raps. “Grammy nominated, in the sauna sheddin’ tears / All this money, power, fame and I can’t make you reappear.”
“Racks in the Middle” marks the first single from Hussle’s as-yet-untitled album, the follow-up to last year’s Victory Lap, which is due later this year. He capped off 2018 with “Perfect Timing,” produced by SAP and Mike & Keys.
Despite losing Best Rap Album at the Grammys, Nipsey remained gratuitous, congratulating Cardi B on her historic win. “WHEN ITS YO TIME..ITS YO TIME!” he wrote. “Congrats to @iamcardib on Her Grammy for Best Rap Album & Also being Tha 1st female to Do it!”
Nipsey Hussle - Racks In The Middle feat. Roddy Ricch & Hit-Boy [Official Audio] - YouTube
Less than 24 hours after being released from an Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention center, 21 Savage sat down with “Good Morning America” to set the record straight on his immigration arrest.
During his first interview since his release on $100,000 bond, the rapper, whose real name is She’yaa Bin Abraham-Joseph, says he was “definitely targeted” by ICE. He was born in east London and moved to the U.S. when he was 7 years old. His visa expired 13 years ago and he reapplied for his U visa in 2017.
“I don’t think the policy is broken. I feel like the way they enforce the policy is broken,” said Savage, who missed his performance at the Grammys, where he was nominated for two awards.
He was driving in Atlanta on Super Bowl Sunday (Feb. 3) when he was pulled over by cops. “I was just driving. And I just seen guns and blue lights. And, then, I was in the back of a car. And I was gone,” he said. “They didn’t say nothing. They just said, ‘We got Savage.'”
Rapper 21 Savage fears deportation after ICE arrest - YouTube
“It was definitely targeted,” said the 26-year-old, who came to the U.S. with his mother and brothers when he was 7 years old. “I didn’t know what a visa was. I was 7 when I first came here. I knew I wasn’t born here, but I didn’t know what that meant as far as when I transitioned into an adult, how it was gonna affect my life.”
He criticized immigration officials during his performance on “The Tonight Show” last month where he changed the lyrics to his hit “a lot.” “Been through some things but I can’t imagine my kids stuck at the border,” rapped Savage. “Flint still need water. People was innocent, couldn’t get lawyers.”
When asked if he thought that triggered his arrest, he responded, “My lawyers think that… I ain’t really know. I can’t really say. I would see why people would think that, but I can’t really say.”
In 2017, he applied to become a lawful permitted resident. “I’ve been here 20 years, 19 years, this is all I know. I don’t think you should be arrested and put in a place where a murderer would be for just being in the country for too long.”
He recalled his experience in ICE custody, where he spent 23 hours under lockdown in a cell. “I was like in one room all day,” said Savage.
Despite the circumstances, he remains hopeful about the future. “I been through so much in my life. I’ve learnt to embrace the times when I’m down ’cause they always build me up.”
His lawyers also revealed that they are attempting to secure his immigration status to make him a citizen, but it’s “very, very complicated.”
Savage’s No. 1 priority right now is to become a U.S. citizen. He has also pledged to help those who are going through similar situations. “I feel your pain and I’ma do everything in my power to try and bring awareness to your pain.”
There have been petitions and an outpouring of support from many in the hip-hop community including JAY-Z, who hired a legal team to help with his case. “There are a lot of things about this case that are curious and troubling,” said his lawyer Alex Spiro.
He faces deportation, but his team is confident for a positive outcome. “We’re confident and his fans should be confident that he’ll be able to remain here and we’re hoping that that will give hope to everybody else who fights these issues,” added Spiro.
Nas and Amy Winehouse reunite on Salaam Remi’s “Find My Love.”
Over Salaam’s soulful production, the Queens icon puts out the call for Mrs. Jones. “I got money on my mind, but I still can’t find my love,” he raps before revealing what he wants in a wife: “Someone who’s not bossy and not insecure / Your smile could cure cancer / Your frown could start a world war.”
Esco also references his ex Kelis (“Divorced the ex-wife / Made more money / I’m doing more than alright”) and shouts out his fellow Virgo, the late Winehouse, whose chilling vocals bring the song to life.
Nas and Amy maintained a close relationship prior to her death in 2011. They previously collaborated on “Cherry Wine” off 2012’s Life Is Good and the late singer’s 2006 song “Me and Mr. Jones” was inspired by Nas.
After topping the charts last year with the remix to “Finesse,” the dynamic duo teams up yet again on their second collaboration to date, “Please Me,” which was released just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Produced by Bruno and The Stereotypes, the ’90s-inspired R&B jam finds the Grammy winners in baby-making mode. The Bronx bombshell puts on Jodeci and twerks in her Js before getting freaky in the bedroom. “No panties in the way / I take my time with it,” she raps. “Bring you close to me / Don’t want no young dumb shit / Better fuck me like we’re listenin’ to Jodeci.”
Cardi B & Bruno Mars - Please Me (Official Audio) - YouTube
Bruno calls out to his lady on the sensual hook: “Please me, baby / Turn around and just tease me, baby.”
Cardi, who spent Valentine’s Day with her husband Offset, is staying busy. She recently shot a video for a new song with DJ Khaled as well as the remix to Blueface’s “Thotiana.”
PLEASE ME OUT NOW !!!!! CARDI B X BRUNO MARS ….HAPPY VALENTINES DAY WE GETTING REAL FUCKING FREE TONIGHT pic.twitter.com/PqXWyrAqJR
Before he became one of the biggest artists on the planet, Aubrey “Drake” Graham was just a kid from Toronto with a dream and a mixtape.
Now 10 years after the release of So Far Gone on Feb. 13, 2009, the Grammy-winning rapper looks back on the project that launched his career by releasing it in its original form to streaming services for the first time.
The 18 tracks include the hits “Best I Ever Had” and “Successful,” as well as fan favorites like “Houstatlantavegas” and the Kanye West-sampled “Say What’s Real.” In addition to production from Noah “40” Shebib and Boi-1da, guests include Lil Wayne, Trey Songz, Lloyd, Omarion, Santigold, and Bun B.
“The title has a lot of meanings—as the way we carry ourselves, the way we dress, the way people view us, not to sound cocky, it’s just that feeling that we’re just distanced in a good way,” Drake told Complex in a 2009 interview. “You’re just elevating past the bullshit and past all the shit that you used to be a part of and you’re not that proud of, you’re just so far gone.”
T.I. is lashing out at Floyd Mayweather over his support for Gucci.
On his diss track “F**k Ni**a,” Tip calls out the boxing champ, but not by name. “Old greedy ass ni**a only thinking about his self,” he raps. “He get the fame, he get the wealth / But people are struggling, who did you help?”
He adds, “Damn, it must suck to be a f**k ni**a.”
T.I. has led the boycott against Gucci over its wool balaclava jumper, which sparked outrage on social media for its depiction of blackface. However, Floyd was seen shopping at the Gucci store amid the controversy. When asked if he would join the boycott, he told TMZ, “I’m not no follower, I do what the f*ck I wanna do.”
Others including Soulja Boy and 50 Cent have joined the boycott. 50 was seen burning his Gucci clothing in an Instagram video. “I gotta get rid of all the Gucci I have at home,” he said. “I’m not supporting their brand anymore.”