Loading...

Follow Otterine's Miniatures on Feedspot

Continue with Google
Continue with Facebook
or

Valid
Continuing work on the Mail Wagon. With the front and rear axle assemblies started, it was time to work on the wheels. Most instructions tell you to read through the whole process before starting. This is to familiarize yourself with the parts and…
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 
I've set up my fabric for the Birds on a Branch rug by Sue Bakker. I measured my printout, which is roughly the actual finished size I'm figuring, and then tried it with my Morgan Lap Stand (my original review here).  This set has two no-slip embroidery…
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 
Here's a refresher on the postcard from 1917 showing a post office with RFD horse wagons picking up the mail. I want to keep most of the details of the original with a few changes. image used with permission I bought some half-scale Alessio Miniatures…
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 
Looks like I'm doing an autumn scene this time. :D This is autumn gold candytuft from Scenery Solutions - 4 bundles. I'll start making a tree trunk soon.
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 
I know it might not be accurate to have a stitched rug in an old post office, but sometimes you just have to go with what you like. :D This is a design by Sue Bakker, and I think the folksy look is marvelous. She called it Arts & Crafts Wallhanging,…
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 
That's my horse's name - Jebediah McCants. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt anyone guessed it. :D I looked up the meaning of Jebediah, and it means "beloved friend." McCants is some distant ancestral name, and I thought the names sounded good together. I'm…
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 
Today, I cut the window openings and completed the remaining patch needed. Since I'm using the full height of the walls and not setting the floor into the grooves, I filled those gaps with two layers of strip wood. Since the plywood patches for the…
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 
I sanded the foundation just enough to remove the roughness and excess spackling from the base. After wiping it down with a damp cloth, I patted on some matte gel medium. This added texture that was more in scale than the original spackling roughness. I…
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 
With the rough idea of layout chosen, I'm starting on the actual structure. The first order of business is building up the foundation. The cat food cans are 1 15/32" tall. I had some square lengths of mdf from a former HBS Creatin' Contest kit…
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 
I've run into a snag with the buggy kit, but all is not lost. More on that to come. I am realizing just how little room I have to work with inside. Instead of changing the game plan and altering the building to be larger, I will forge ahead with what…

Read for later

Articles marked as Favorite are saved for later viewing.
close
  • Show original
  • .
  • Share
  • .
  • Favorite
  • .
  • Email
  • .
  • Add Tags 

Separate tags by commas
To access this feature, please upgrade your account.
Start your free month
Free Preview