There are many people who are passionate about two-wheelers and out of their sheer passion; they only research about two-wheelers. Apart from two-wheelers, it is important that the owner of the vehicle also understands the nitty-gritty about two-wheeler insurance.
As per a Supreme Court order, it is mandatory for vehicle insurance companies to issue long-term insurance i.e. five-year insurance for all the new vehicles sold to the customers. This indicates that you have to buy long-term cover for the two-wheeler.
Many bike insurance policies are designed in such a manner that the owner has to renew the policy annually but with long-term insurance policy, you can renew the policy after a brief period of 3~5 years. If you consider the two wheeler insurance or bike insurance, there are two major categories of insurance - third party insurance and comprehensive insurance.
Third party insurance is a mandatory insurance policy for any type of two-wheeler. The insurance coverage and insurance premium will be decided based on the condition of the bike/two-wheeler. When you purchase a new vehicle, you have three options for buying the insurance for your vehicle - standalone third-party cover, bundled package, and long-term package. Third-party insurance cover comes handy when your vehicle hits another vehicle since it provides cover for accidental damage to the third party’s property or any kind of accidental injury (including death) to the third party. Getting third-party insurance is a simple task since you will need to submit a minimum amount of documentation/proof and the renewal process is also hassle-free since you can renew the policy offline, as well as online.
When compared to third-party insurance, comprehensive insurance provides more coverage to the drivers & vehicle against any kind of damage or unforeseen incidents. You can always opt for add-ons like NCB cover, Personal accident cover, Roadside assistance cover, etc. Based on your budget & requirements, you should select either third-party bike insurance or comprehensive insurance package. One thing that you need to keep in mind is that the premium will increase if the coverage is more. Hence, you need to choose the insurance company and insurance policy very wisely.
To summarize, whether it is third-party bike insurance or comprehensive insurance package, opting for a good insurance policy does give the rider peace of mind. The insurance premium should also be chosen in such a manner that you don’t over-spend on the insurance policy. Add-ons are an integral part of the comprehensive insurance package, so choose the add-ons that you feel are best for you. You should also consult your financial advisor in case you are a first-time bike/two-wheeler owner. If you are still confused about the right kind of insurance policy for your two-wheeler, we recommend that you have a look at online two-wheeler insurance premium calculator. You have to enter the required details in the insurance calculator i.e. your personal details and the insurance that are planning to opt for & it would give you an estimation of the premium paid vis-à-vis sum assured. As a customer, you should go online and compare different insurance plans and make a detailed list of short-term & long-term benefits of the insurance plan.
It is illegal to drive a two-wheeler without insurance (at least third-party), so you should make it a practice to renew your bike insurance before its expiry. You need not visit the office of the insurance provider to renew the policy as you can always do the same by renewing it online. The details that you may need to renew online are personal details of the insurance policyholder, policy information, etc.
Even though you might be passionate about bikes, you need to remember that choosing the right type of two-wheeler insurance policy is equally important for you (rider) & your bike.
Terminator Salvation is one of the movies with great CGI effects making machines into humanoid robots. Actually not all the machines were shown through CGI effects but few were created intentionally for movie appearance. One such is Moto-Terminator which is now on display in Hollywood Dream Machine exhibition at Peterson Automotive Museum.
This is actually rideable, 2009 Ducati Monster 1100S with original four stroke L Twin engine capable of producing 95 HP.
Bike is now only a display piece and will never see the road again. You can witness this bike and other Hollywood autos till March 2020.
For most of us Motorcycles are not just means of transportation these are more than a friend. So motorcycling becomes a passion for us. And keeping this passion intact we have shared some of the accessories which are easily accessible and will raise your passion to next level.
1. Robotouch Rideon Charger - This a mobile charger which can charge your mobile while riding on your motorcycle. This charger comes within a box with clamps and a manual. It is also water resistant. You just have to attach it to the bikes handle through clamps. You have to attach the wires of the charger to the bikes battery. If you don't have any experience in this you can take help of local mechanic also. Best part of this charger is that it does not hamper the battery of bike. It will use power only when a device is plugged into it. You can use it to charge GPS device, Wifi dongles, Cameras and other biking Gear. The price of Rideon Charger is INR 650/-. You simply buy it from amazon or flipkart.
2. Procus Rush 2.0 4K Action Camera - If you are about to start a Moto Video Blog(VLOG) then you need a perfect camera that can capture videos while the riding bike. Procus Rush 2.0 4k action camera comes with 23 more accessories. Camera supports many features to capture the moments of your riding. Camera comes with waterproof case so that you can also shoot videos while under water scuba diving also. It also comes with wireless wrist remote which be used to capture the videos and even photos with just click of button. The price of this camera is INR 7399. You can buy it from Amazon.
3. BT S2 1000M Bluetooth Headset Intercom: This headset is compatible with Phones bluetooth and can be used with any kind of helmets. This is one of the most affordable intercom out there. It supports bike to bike intercom upto 800 - 900 meters. It has 10 hrs talktime while connected phone and 6 hours while on intercom mode. You can make calls, reject call, hang calls while riding. It also has FM feature. You can buy it from Amazon and gearbest. Amazon - Buy Now
4. Rain Water Proof Shoe Cover: These shoes covers are one of the interesting thing which we came across net. Most useful during rains. They can easily fit on the shoes. They have rubber soles so that you can walk easily on the slippery surface. They are easily available on Amazon. Price of these covers is INR 599.
5. RoadGods Ghost Backpack: This is an antitheft bagpack. It has separate compartments for your belongings. You can also put your laptops safe and secured. The bag is best suited for those also who are commuting through public transports. The price of this bagpack is INR 2299. You can buy it from Amazon and their official website also.
APRILIA, already present in India with its popular scooters, could strengthen its position by presenting a motorcycle built in collaboration with a large Indian brand. Oberdan Bezzi for this came up with a new conceptual rendering.
The brand new PEGASO 400 would be an advanced street scrambler, equipped with a liquid-cooled four-cylinder single-cylinder engine and a modern mixed frame made of tubing and casting parts. Brakes and suspensions are also of excellent quality, for a model certainly of the Premium category, given also the truly engaging and well-groomed aesthetic packaging.
The name PEGASO comes from a successful model in the past of APRILIA that philosophically is taken up by the new realisation.
The aims of the Venetian House would be to make it a marketable model with excellent success as well as in India, even in the West where the downsizing of the displacements begins to take hold.
Of course there will be the homologous model of the other partner, but it will be a bike with very simplified contents to contain the price and would be dedicated only to the internal market.
We believe that such a bike could really attract many young people given its maximum usability and ease of use if it is not separated from adequate performance and non-prohibitive cost.
We have seen quite many of Royal Enfield Himalayan Modification examples. Some are more of looks and some have given engine performance tweaks. Today we are showing you Daker inspired RE Himalayan build by Barcelona based Fuel Motorcycles who are specialised in bespoke motorcycles and gears.
This bike is designed fir the 2019 edition of Riding Event of custom motorcycles conducted by Fuel Motorcycles. The bike was given more offroading looks by giving the Suzuki RM Z450 exhaust. They also added powertronic ECU Plugin for improving the throttle response.
On looks they have fitted a squarish headlight with a smaller windscreen, Fuel tank got Malboro theme, Pillion seat is removed and is replaced by the luggage carrier. Jarican holder is repositioned to rear for more luggage carrying support.
Yamaha is all set to begin the trail run of YG - M FC prototype, in Japan from April 18. Focusing on providing seamless vehicle sharing service. This trail will be done in Wajima City, Ishikawa Perfecture, including scheduled routes as city transport service. The YG-M FC uses compressed hydrogen as fuel. Compared to electric personal vehicle it is smaller in size yet can have seating for 4 persons.
The size of this prototype is 3,370mm long, 1,340mm wide and 1,710mm tall, with an overall weight of 640kg.
Most of us experience our first love for the automobiles through various movies and games. These iconic vehicles still hold a special place in our life till now. Now you can see all those special autos from May 4, 2019 as Peterson Automotive Museum is putting 40 iconic vehicles for the public display at Hollywood Dream Machine Exhibition.
The Los Angeles based Museum will display the best movie vehicles in their collection. Their display collection will include autos like Batmobile from both Christian Bale and Micheal Keaton movies, Bumblebee from Transformer franchise, the 2035 Audi RSQ from I, Robot, the DeLorean Time machine from Back to the future and etc. The display will be opened till March 2020. Ticket price for the individuals will be $75.
If your fantasies are bound to mad max clad vehicles depicting post apocalyptic scenerio then here is the good news for you. 2017 Ariel Nomad Tactical Buggy is for sale now. You can have your madmax dream to come true as this vehicle. This off road buggy is just for the best adventures that you can have. It has 230 horsepower Honda Engine that produces 200 lb-ft torque. It comes with 6 speed manual transmission. It can go from 0 - 60 mph is just 3.5seconds.
The vehicle has ran upto 11,400 miles. You can make it yours for just $69,900.
Oberdan Bezzi has came up with the new concept design for Moto Morini ASSO 1200 RS. It is combination of Cafe Racer and Street fighter.
The Moto Morini have historically always been motorcycles for an extended use of the vehicle, excellent roads, strong and performance, but not specialised or suitable for a specific use. But this is going to be very much exciting and adventurous.