We can describe moms in many ways—hard working, hectic, hurried. But how about healthy?
Living and loving a balanced life these days is close to impossible, especially for mothers who wear many hats on a daily basis. That’s why we’ve sought the help of celebrity beauty queen turned tri-athlete Carlene Aguilar-Ocampo, for her tried and tested tips on how a hands-on mom like her, remains rock-solid while juggling with family, work, and other commitments.
1. Make it a family affair. “My three boys and I love spending time together in action. Not only we eat out, watch movies together, or go to the mall, we enjoy being on the move as well. Activities like wall climbing, swimming, and fun runs are just some of the things we love to do as a family!” said Carlene. “This way, we can take their eyes off their gadgets and look forward to doing engaging activities that make us closer than ever, “she added.
2. Challenge yourself. We’re not saying that intimidation is just in your head, the struggle is real, ladies! But for Carlene, a larger than life transformation is possible when you push yourself harder and stronger. “I started the sports in 2016 with losing weight as the ultimate reason in mind. But as time passed by, I realized that this is something I wanted to be seriously part of, so I joined an aquathlon and unexpectedly bagged the 3rd place. And as they say, the rest is history!” she quipped. “My point is that it’s never too late to achieve your dreams in life as long as you’re ready to tackle them with determination.” Truly, Carlene proves that mastering the elusive work-life balance can be tricky, but getting out of our comfort zone is one of the secrets to ensure we’re always on top of our game!
3. Set a goal and stick to it. Carlene’s triathlon career was marked by small beginnings with getting that foot out of the door as the first step. And the truth is, whether in sports or other things in life, not all situations or people will be on our side. “Obstacles are fact of life, but if we focus on what we’re not or what we can’t do, we wouldn’t have the time, energy, and even the motivation to move towards our goal. Where do you want to go? What should you start now or stop doing? Do you want to think why you don’t have time to get moving or are you going to shift your focus on how you can get up 30 minutes early so you can set yourself towards your goal? What is it worth to you?” said Carlene.
4. Find something that motivates you. According to Carlene, “There was a time that my weight went on a plateau and I wanted to shed those extra pounds. But then, hitting the gym wasn’t for me, because I’m the type who wants to do something different every day. Triathlon brings out the best in me and I’m pretty jazzed about the challenge of becoming better every race.” And for Carlene, it doesn’t also hurt that she has got three fun-loving kids who keep her motivated. “I have three boys—my eldest Calix who’s ten, followed by Marcus who’s six, and my youngest Hunter, now three. I want to be able to keep up with their strength and energy year after year, so getting fit and healthy is an absolute must to make it happen for me.”
5. Get-up-and-go. Not a morning person? Carlene shares some tips how you can (happily) get up at the crack of dawn, “While everyone requires a different amount of sleep, I’ve discovered that being a morning person starts at night, in your bedroom. Set boundaries with work, social media, other areas of your life that may cause restlessness, and have a consistent bedtime. It’s a discipline with tons of benefits—more time to prepare for the day, increased productivity, and better performance at work.” Does she think it has better a better advantage than working out at night? “Absolutely, exercise is an instant energy boost and a great way for the body to release the happy hormones, endorphins. Whether it’s a run, swim, bike, yoga, or gym—it’s a sure fire way to get pumped for the day ahead!
6. Love yourself. “Loving yourself in a balanced way won’t only be beneficial for yourself but for people around you. The old adage you can’t give what you don’t have can’t be truer, so embracing who you are and how God created you to be is vital to becoming an emotionally healthy person. Carlene adds, “Besides, if you won’t take care of yourself, who else will? Looking good and feeling better is just the beginning, I know that my choice of keeping myself in excellent shape allows me to be an effective conduit of love and strength for other people.”
There are actually tons of doable and simple little things to start your wellness routine off right. And for active and athletic Carlene, she doesn’t undermine the importance of sanitary pad that provides an all-around protection when that time of the month rolls around. “I’m partial to Jeunesse Anion that provides a reprieve from odor, stain, and leaks. Most importantly, it stays where it should be. In fact, my daily must-have is the panty liners to keep me fresh and worry-free. All variants, especially with wings are also consistently reliable for my day-to-day grind whether at work, home or on the run!”
Available at Watsons, Mercury Drug Stores, and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide, Jeunesse Anion also offers ultra day non-wing, ultra day pad, ultra night pad, all-night pad, panty liner to and the all-new singles variant to help every woman to go through their period with ease and comfort. For hassle-free shopping with the convenience of free delivery straight to your doorstep, visit www.lazada.com.ph andwww.shopee.ph.
Wellgold International Inc. distributes Jeunesse Anion Sanitary Napkin and Liners and currently available at Watsons, selected Mercury Drug and South Star Drug outlets, SM department store’s health and beauty section, Robinson’s Supermarket and selected department stores, Shopwise, Rustan’s Supermarket, Waltermart, Landmark Department Store, PCX stores, selected Metro Gaisano outlets,plus other selected stores in Visayas and Mindanao. You can also purchase online with free delivery via www.lazada.com.ph. For more health tips, visit www.jeunesseanion.com and follow YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: Jeunesse Anion. For inquiries, email: email@example.com or call (02) 4701294.
(L-R: Pie Regner, Founder and CEO; Jayhan Regner, Co-Founder and CFO)
May 12, Cagayan de Oro – The homegrown artisan ice cream brand, Moonsky & Sunny, formerly known as Freezie, relaunches at Ayala Centrio with more than 20 flavors to choose from!
“I am thrilled to relaunch Freezie in Ayala Centrio as a revamped brand, Moonsky & Sunny. It sports a more sophisticated and authentic look that embodies the spirit of its biggest fans, the millenials.,”says Jayhan Regner, co-founder of Moonsky & Sunny.
Created with the finest ingredients, Moonsky & Sunny features its new flavors Tea-Mangosaurus-Rex, seeped to perfection in the finest black tea, and Amaretti e Varonnica, infused with Italian almond-flavoured liqueur. Even the everyday becomes a special treat with refreshing coolers that goes perfectly well with ice cream. Moonsky & Sunny will shake and serve an exciting selection of drinks starting May 12 with their special mix of strawberry with calamansi and pineapple with ginger.
It was a little over a year ago when it all started in the family’s pantry. Now, the homegrown brand has grown to six branches, three in its hometown of Cagayan De Oro and the rest in Cebu. From being a local brand, they look forward to bringing their creamy cool treats to other cities.
“We pour a lot of thought and creativity in crafting each of our unique flavors. From whisking together that perfect blend to brainstorming on witty and punny names like Matcha Do About Nothing, Finding Duri, and Lemon Lemon Sinta, what we hope will make everyone come back is that sense of wonder and surprise that they get every time they try our ice cream.,” Jayhan adds.
This local brand is slowly becoming a household name, not just in its hometown, Cagayan De Oro, but as well as in Cebu, reaching places one scoop at a time.
On May 21, 2018 (8 am to 5 pm) – The first ever Summer/Spring Sun Festival Collection Launch will take place at Pearlmont Hotel, Limketkai Drive, Cagayan de Oro. This is the first time this event will happen in Mindanao since it has always been in Manila and other locations in the country.
The Sun Festival Collection brought to you by Revlon Professional is a unique collection that breathes freedom, freshness and creativity. It is composed of spirited and vibrant color offerings that took inspiration from the excitement brought about by live music, the enchantment of sheer creativity and the anticipation of must-see events of the festive season. This collection helps women express themselves better by celebrating their different personalities through their hair by reflecting playfulness, friendship and beauty.
Summer/Spring Sun Festival by REVLON - YouTube
The Sun Festival hues are easy on the eyes, very clean, easy to wear, imaginative and stylish. They are designed especially for women who are optimistic, strong and dynamic and those who are able to express themselves freely without the need to sacrifice extraordinary beauty.
This hair color collection offers several magnificent fashion opportunities and a wide array of hair possibilities. This season is dubbed as “The Season of Color” since this collection combines warm and satiny blondes, pale pinks, and coppery chestnuts, bright oranges that have natural bases and even strong tones like electric blue for example.
The three shades in this collection are; Ultra Real, Hippie Chic and Romantic 2.0.
This event will enable guests to meet Revlon Professional’s Salon owner clients, take instagrammable pictures at the summer-themed Photobooth, view magazine releases, participate and win exciting prizes at fun games and raffle draws, witness a hairstyling competition, meet and greet the Special guests (an International Stylist) and Celebrity Guest, Francine Garcia (actress and Beauty Queen), learn about the Sun Festival Collection and Trends and witness a fashion show of models from Manila.
It’s a going to be an exciting and fun-filled event so if you want to be part of it, tickets are sold at P200 each and are available at SMR Distribuzione Inc. Office, Unit 7, 2nd Floor, Juan Fuel Bldg. JR Borja Extension. You may also contact them at; Tel Fax 088 880 7231 or call their Staff Diane 0977 805 7398 for more information. The ticket will cover, a raffle stub, morning and afternoon snacks, lunch and certificate.
GET A FREE SCOOP OF ICE CREAM FROM MOONSKY & SUNNY THIS WEEKEND
Before you bid goodbye to the summer heat, spoil yourself with some creamy cool treats! What better way to beat the heat than with a scoop of ice cream? Cagayan de Oro’s homegrown artisan ice cream brand, Freezie, is relaunching as Moonsky & Sunny this coming Saturday, May 12, 2018 at the GF Ayala Centrio Mall.
This weekend, everyone can get a FREE upscoop for every bicycone (two scoops) and tricycone (three scoops) purchase, with prices starting at Php 49. Along with its exciting new look, Moonsky & Sunny will be launching some new exciting flavors and products that will surely make your sunny summer day.
How do you achieve your future’s stability? Does your present works out with goals in life for a long term process? These are few questions run out in my mind as the Live Brighter Forum started.
Getting started, Mr. Keith Corrales, the Recruitment Sourcing Specialist of SUN LIFE FINANCIAL-Mindanao welcomes guests to the Live Brighter Forum. Brief History where tackled and introduction of how Sun Life Financial reached out to Filipinos.
We Filipinos haven’t been into financial planning actually, I mean only less than 20% do so. Some never settles to investments and maybe because of the fear of financial literacy. If only we could eliminate some of our mistakes as big spender, and do more in savings. It will not only profit yourself but will your self-esteem will grow as well.
On the other hand, Ms. Eunice Michelle Aton,Regional Sales Manager of SUN LIFE FINANCIAL-Mindanao speaks about “Sandwich Generation”. This hit me as she explains how we Filipinos practiced Sandwich Generation -a generation of people, typically in their thirties or forties, responsible for bringing up their own children and for the care of their aging parents. (reference: Google) With this practiced, savings will decline and in contrary to when will we start planning for our future. But the thing is, SUN LIFE FINANCIAL could help you according to your needs. You only need a Financial Advisor for guidance and somehow assist you with your financial planning.
Next speaker of the house was Ms. Franchette Mejia, Unit Manager of SUN LIFE FINANCIAL- Narra Branch. Sharing her development in SUN LIFE FINANCIAL was an awesome story and indeed an inspirational one too. There’s more ahead of what you are today when you become a Financial Advisor. The dream that she one has become a reality in an unexpected moment of her life. Such an amazing talked from her that inspires and touched the heart of some of the guests.
With this forum, I have learned a lot of things. Financial Planning that is, the method of savings should be our concern, get engaged with investments, inquire for insurances that fits our lifestyle and needs, and to start the planning today.
Filipinos and locals alike in Canada’s east coast had an exciting Easter treat as Jollibee opened its first store in the Greater Toronto Area in early April.
On Saturday evening—hours before the grand opening—hundreds of Filipinos already camped-out in front of Jollibee Scarborough, located at 15 William Kitchen Road, eager to step inside the store to savor a taste of home.
Jollibee Scarborough is the Filipino fast-food chain’s third store in Canada and the 40th store in North America. Here, residents can savor the crispylicious and juicylicious Jolly Crispy Chicken (more popularly known as Chickenjoy here in the Philippines), the tastiest and meatiest Jollibee Spaghetti, Palabok Fiesta, and the golden-brown Peach Mango Pie, among other langhap-sarap treats.
No less than Jollibee welcomed Filipinos to the store, including its very first customer, Paul, who looked forward to enjoying the Jolly Crispy Chicken for the first time in six years.
“For us, nothing brings greater joy than to bring people together over great-tasting food and happy moments. We are excited to bring to Scarborough the popular dishes that many now enjoy in different parts of the world,” said Jose Miñana, Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC) group president for North America.
Scarborough is home to an estimated 50,000 plus Filipinos and is one of the most popular destinations for new immigrants to reside. The Greater Toronto Area, where Scarborough is located, is the most populous metropolitan area in Canada with around 200,000 Filipinos residents.
“We look forward to bringing a familiar ‘taste of home’ to our countrymen in the Greater Toronto Area. Many may not know that this area is home to the largest Filipino community in Canada! And we won’t stop here – another location in Mississauga is in the pipeline for the year,” said Beth Dela Cruz, Jollibee North America vice president and general manager.
Jollibee Foods Corporation is currently the largest Asian food service company, operating in 16 markets, with over 3,800 stores globally, of which 1,272 are Jollibee brand stores. The company’s aggressive expansion plan in North America is part of its overarching goal to be among the top five restaurant brands globally.
Cycling in its purest form is a very efficient activity. Just buy a good custom bicycle, climb on it and pedal slowly to the nearby stores and areas, whenever you feel like. Some of the cyclists prefer dramatic rides which are more demanding and scenic. Here are the top seven fantastic destinations in the world, which will give a perfect cycling experience –
1. La Route Verte in Canada – This is a recently developed cycling route from the east to the west of Quebec Province running along the rural roads. The lane is properly marked with signs so that the cyclists can convenient ride through it. You can enjoy the scenic mountains view and the calm St. Lawrence River, while riding.
2. Manali – From Manali to Leh, you can enjoy a classic and cool cycling experience especially in summers. People from different parts of the world come here to enjoy biking under the various shades of the beautiful sky. Even, young girls and women come to ride over here; womens beach cruiser is the best bike available in the market to provide a comfortable and smooth riding experience in such challenging conditions.
3. Friendship highway in China – Over 5000 miles between the Nepalese Border and the Tibetan city of Lhasa, you’ll find a beautiful place to ride. It is a perfect place to enjoy biking in summers. This routes offer three roads, one of which passes over the Huge Gyatso La Mountain Pass, where you can even enjoy the Everest views, on a clear day. Of course, this route is for biking professionals, as the conditions here can be very challenging. Cycling in Hiroshima across the sea is a better option for biking learners, during the summers.
4. Pune – From Pune to the nearby Panshet Dam through the Sinhgad route is one of the most famous and easy cycling routes, especially for the young learners! It is a very beautiful cycling route located in the Western Ghats, offering a pleasant atmosphere during the summers. You can enjoy the lush greenery while you peddle on bikes across the Dam’s beautiful blue water.
5. Ruta Austral in Chile – The land is perfectly surfaced with gravel, stretching from Central Chile to Northern Patagonia. At you ride, you may see beautiful and wild landscapes such as the Cerro Castillo national parks.
6. Hanoi in Vietnam – If biking and beaches are something that you love, then the route between Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi is the best for you. You can enjoy the coolest biking experience here in summers while getting a chance to rest at the beaches located here.
7. Rajasthan – It is one of the most popular destinations in India that offers typical terrain which serve as the best cycling routes. The contrasting colors, the pink city and sandy lands, etc. offer beautiful routes to the avid biking buffs.
Thus, these are some of the best places in the world where a cycling or biking enthusiast can go and enjoy the best experiences of his life especially to stay cool while riding during the summers!
Even though the word Autism is commonly heard, still there are several speculations about Autism and of the people affected by it. In the Philippines, it is estimated that there are around 1 million people living with Autism, yet not everybody can understand what it it’s like. The Autism spectrum Disorder is a condition where a person who is diagnosed with it will not have the same experiences but are noticed by the core symptoms.
Meet Calel, he is a 6-year old who was diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) at the age of four.
A year ago, he discovered his love for animals and drawing and once he starts on a sketch pad he just cannot stop – his mother Marie, started posting his artwork on Facebook, when a friend commented that if in the case the drawing is produced to be printed on a t-shirt – he definitely would buy.
After a few months, Marie launched Calel’s Wacky Art Shirts for 3 reasons: to help with Calel’s therapy needs, to develop the business to eventually be taken over by Calel (when he gets older) and to spread Autism awareness.
Anybody would know that Occupational aned Speech therapy is costly, plus there are limited specialists in the Philippines. Kids with ASD need to attend SPED (Special Education) classes which can cost up to 60,000Php a year. For every shirt purchased, this will help Calel’s parents to make sure he gets the special treatments that he needs.
Calel’s future is still unclear at the age of 6, he shows signs of progress but it is hard to tell if he will be able to live a normal life or yet alone become employed, if this becomes a success, Calel’s Wacky Art Shirts may become his own business to handle.
With the first batch of t-shirts printed and distributed, people that order have started to ask about Calel and his condition – this helps Marie to talk about Autism and educate them on what Calel and their parents experience day-to-day including the highs and low.
There are so many designs to choose from and each is unique which you will surely love. T-shirt’s come in kids, men and women’s sizes.
Calel’s Wacky Art Shirts are being offered at introductory prizes for the first 100 customers.
Summer is here and the little lady in the house is jumping out of joy as I told her that "Vacation Officially starts now." Anyway, since school is out and this is the time where my creativity comes in.
I've found this water galloon in the recyclable bin and thought of it as something to be used again.
Well, I am into gardening lately and thought of this as a substitute to a flower pot but this is way too big for a flower.
Then, I realize a mini garden would be nice. And here we are, to start of, First I cut this galloon in half and it will look like this.
I've found this "Bamboo Woods" in the dirty kitchen, might as well used this.
Then collect some small size of plants, succulents which I don't even know its name. Pardon me with that. And this flowers which I also don't know its name too. Sorry about that.
In addition to the Mini Garden I made, I add some farm animals which my little lady agreed that we put some for decorations. And the outcome comes as natural as a mini garden with animals in it. Surrounded by the Bamboo Woods as an additional deco that serves as a somewhat like a barn. And here it is the final look of my mini garden as easy as a pie.
Do you have something to share? Drop in the comments below and let's share thoughts.