Social media platforms are now becoming an important avenue for auto dealerships to generate ROI and good-will. According to a report given by Wildfire Interactive in 2011, 88% of marketers agreed that social marketing increases brand awareness, 85% agreed that it will increase engagement and 58% agreed that it will increase sales/partnerships.
Social media marketing plays a crucial role in an auto dealer's digital marketing strategy. Therefore, auto dealers should optimize it in the right way to get better results. Here are a few tips that will help you optimize your dealership's social media marketing strategy.
1. Clear StrategySocial media marketing can improve the performance of your business, provided that you have a well-structured strategy that aligns with your business objective. In order to create a clear strategy, you must first define your goals and decide how you want to benefit from social media marketing. Do you want to increase your reputation, influence, credibility, sales, traffic/page views, etc.? This will help you select the right tactics to achieve your desired results.
2. Network of Relevant AudienceAs an auto dealership, you have a niche audience potentially interested in your product. To leverage that audience you must know to whom your product appeals to and build a network around them. Post your ads in the social profiles of those whose interests match with that of your product/service, so that the chances those people will follow you are high. Customize your social networking page to the needs of your audience accordingly. The greater your reach is and the more relevant you are to your audience, the more influential you will be on social media sites.
3. Schedule your Posts and ContentPosting the right content at the right time is a very crucial aspect of social media marketing. That is why it is important to schedule your posts and content about offers, deals or new services when you believe users are more likely to interact with them – for example, posting content around seasonal discounts. By updating your profile regularly with the latest offers and discounts you can make it livelier. Also, you can track what offers your followers are turning into sales and what offers your followers are responding to the least.
4. Engaging Content and Attractive Pictures
The content on your business’ social network page should be significant, students usually use free online plagiarism checker with a percentage. It should be able to engage the attention of your audience. The more you do so, the more it spreads on the Internet. Don't try to push commercial content on social media sites. Understand your audience and create content that compliments your business, while also concentrating on giving users a good experience. One way of doing this is by posting attractive pictures and videos of your auto brands, updating your content periodically and even posting personal content about your business; pictures of your team, corporate functions, etc.
5. Constantly Stay ActiveThe very motive of social networking is to build communication between you and your customers as much as possible. In order to build a rapport with your audience, you should be more participative. Engage in chatting live with your audience. Let them present their perspectives. Give instant replies to the queries/feedback posted by them; this makes your followers feel valued and thus, generates a positive impression on your business.
6. Interact More with InfluencersNot all of your followers are influencers of your business; many of them may like your business but are less interested in promoting it to others. But influencers, on the other hand, can help you in viral promotion of your content, helping the message spread faster and further. This will also increase your reach to a wider audience.
7. Easily Shareable ContentAs we pointed out earlier, content plays a significant role in social media marketing. It should be easy to share content with audiences on social networking websites as well as multiple networking sites. To do this you should use widgets and badges that make sharing content more effective. These buttons will help the user share information about your business on social networking sites, from any other site. This is an easy and fast way to promote your content.
8. Measure the StrategyFinally, you should quantify the outcome of your social networking strategy. This involves measuring the percentage of your audience that shared your information, the number of favourable responses, the percentage of your followers converted into sales, the percentage of viral promoters, increasing rate of followers, deals/offers getting promoted the most, etc.
Regularly measuring your strategy's results can signify the strengths, weaknesses and concerns in the strategy. Using this information, you can then modify your strategy further.
Social media marketing, if not optimized properly, will not fetch you any kind of positive results. It is a full-time job to make the most of it and should have a significant budget, resources and time allotted to it. If you lack these things, it is better to approach a reliable online marketing company for your social media marketing needs.
Search Optics, Inc. is a leader in digital marketing solutions for the automotive industry. Search Optics interactive marketing services include custom websites, search engine optimization, paid search and mobile solutions that generate leads which result in sales opportunities. Search Optics specializes in car dealer marketing and car dealer SEO services.
If someone asks you how your perfect day would look like, what is the picture in your head? Wait, I am absolutely sure I know the answer. The perfect day is definitely a day you can go through with your partner, the person you love most in this world. It doesn't make a difference whether you are doing errands or simply sitting on a patio drinking espresso, you will appreciate each moment you two spend together.
Be that as it may, on the off chance that you are searching for some innovative action for you two to shake up your everyday schedule, I have few interesting things that can help you wake up your creativity. Those things are everything. They are simple, big, small, plans for the future or an idea for turn this evening into a relaxing evening. What I want from you is to realize that those things will strengthen the bond between you two as a couple and you will enjoy doing them over and over.
1. TRY EACH OTHER HOBBIES
If your loved one is passionate about his hobby (it doesn’t matter whether it is a sport or not), it is a great idea for you to show the interest in that hobby. Showing interest like that, means that you care for him. That would mean much to him even though he probably won’t admit that. Just imagine the shine in his eyes when you tell him you want to try his hobby with him, or even better, you want him to teach you the secrets of his hobby. It is a great way to find out more about him and of course, to bond with him.
For example, my hobby is foosball. Foosball is not as popular as before and due to that, I was pretty impressed with the skills my better half has on the field. That was the reason why I actually fall in love with her.
If your loved one doesn’t have a hobby (or you don’t) you can choose something you can do together. It doesn’t have to be a hobby, but any kind of activity.
2. SURPISE ROADTRIP
In the event that you saw that your loved one is feeling somewhat down over the past couple of days, you can shock him with a surprise trip. Give him a chance to rest longer on Saturday and wake him up with a breakfast served on the bed. Then, out of the blue, tell that you have packed everything and you have to go, but don’t tell him where. JPlan the day completely and he will feel like a new person in the evening. Go to the beach or on a hike in the mountains. You can also watch the game the team he loves is playing that would be a great surprise and it is similar to the activity above – try his hobby.
Another great tip is that you can take turns and each month one should organize that day, but the other mustn’t know when. That way you will both have a month to plan and the other one will have a month to wonder what day it the surprise roadtrip would be.
3. MAKE PUZZLE
Some of the time all you require is a peaceful night, far from TV, computers, internet, and other tech gadgets. I have tried making a puzzle and I will say to you, it was one of the most relaxing evenings and weekends. The only thing you have in your mind is where you put that small piece of a puzzle. My wise friend said that puzzles can sometimes replace therapy and I completely agree.
4. ASSEMBLE FURNITURE TOGETHER
I trust that you have a question mark over your head right now since that isn't something you do to unwind. Well, it is something you will do with your better half in the future. When you buy your first house or when you make a baby room for your child. Assembling furniture can be disappointing and challenging. Let’s face it; if you survive that wardrobe which you are building the last 12 HOURS, you will survive everything.
5. PLAY VIDEO GAMES
Let be honest; computer games are a piece of each man's life (and most ladies' as well). We grew up on Play Stations and Xbox so it is natural that we play them today. But, the real question is, have you tried to play them together? There are co-op games you can play together and I don’t mean those boring military games. You can try games like Portal 2 co-op, Knack and Knack II and other games which have 2players option. Those games will offer you tons of entertainment and relaxation because video games should be like that. Military games will cause stress and frustration so stay away from them. J
Mark is a blogger with a special hobby. His hobby is connected to foosball because he can’t stop talking about it. He has a blog called the Foosball Zone and on his blog, he writes about foosball tables and other parts. His favorite part is writing reviews like the popular Tornado foosball table reviews for his readers.
You’ve probably heard the phrase “internet marketing”. If you own a business, you probably know that you need some type of internet marketing. Heck, you may have even decided that this year was going to be the year you doubled down on it.
But here’s a more important question: do you even know what internet marketing is?
Most people have a vague, generic idea that involves ads on websites and random pop-ups. But when push comes to shove, they really have no clue what’s involved. If you’re trying to implement internet marketing or looking to hire an internet marketing company, this is a problem.
Consider this post your intro to internet marketing. We’re going to introduce you to some of the most effective internet marketing techniques that you use immediately.
Ah, good old email marketing. You’ve probably heard people say that email is dead. That social media is all the rage these days. That the best businesses are using Facebook Live and Snapchat.
And while there’s certainly some truth to that, email marketing remains one of the most powerful marketing tools out there.
Direct Access To ConsumersWith social media platforms, things change all the time. Algorithms evolve, policies are updated, and people don’t see all of your content. In fact, Facebook has recently been making huge changes to their algorithm so that posts from business pages get very little exposure.
But email gives you direct access to your followers. You can target exactly whom you need to and know how many people see your content. You know that you have their attention, even if it’s just for a second, when they see your email in their inbox. If your subject line is catchy and you can get them to open the email, you’ve got even more of their attention.
Stay Front and CenterA general business maxim is that people need to see something at least seven times before they’ll take action on it. In terms of your business, it means they need constant exposure to you in order to stay connected to your company and continue purchasing your products.
When it comes to social media, there’s a really good chance your customers might not see your message for weeks.
Email, however, lets you keep your business front and center in the minds of customers. Every email they receive is a reminder of who you are, what you do, and why they should purchase from you.
Email Data Is Your FriendAs you probably know, data is crucial to the success of your business. And the data you can collect through email marketing is clear and measurable. You get delivery rates, open rates, click-through rates, and even revenue stats.
As you monitor the links they click, what emails drive revenue, and which emails get the most traction, you can begin to develop a robust idea of who your customers are, what they like, and what will generate the most sales.
The ROI Is HugeIt’s estimated that for every $1 you spend on email marketing, you get a $44 return. That is a massive ROI. And the great news is that email marketing is cheap. It costs very little to get into if you use services like MailChimp, meaning you can get up and running fast.
Create SEO Friendly Website Content
Assuming you have a website (and you should), one really simple way to attract new customers is to create content that will rank high in Google searches. Optimizing the content you create for search engines is called, appropriately, “Search Engine Optimization” (SEO).
Here’s why this matters. When a person finds your website through a search, they are much more likely purchase from you than if they click through from an online ad. Why? Because they’re actively searching for an answer to a problem, and your business can be that answer.
By simply creating SEO friendly blog posts and web pages, you can get much more organic traffic coming your way.
How To Optimize Your Website For Search EnginesHere are some simple suggestions for how you can start optimizing your existing content and creating new SEO-friendly content immediately.
Use Keywords AppropriatelyKeywords are words that occur throughout a piece of web content that let Google know that content is about. For example, if the word “Pekingese Terrier” shows up on a page multiple times, Google will assume that’s what the page is about.
To help Google know exactly what your page or post is all about, use the most important keyword multiple times in the body (without overdoing it), at least once in one of the headers, and in the meta description.
One thing to note. If you’re trying to rank a page for a hugely searched term, like coffee, it’s going to be almost impossible unless you can throw millions of dollars at it. Why? Because you’ll be competing against companies like Starbucks to own that term. Instead, focus on more specific terms, like “shade grown cold brew coffee”. You have a much better chance of getting search traffic that way.
Make Your Content User-FriendlyMore and more, Google is concerned about giving searchers exactly what they want. They want to be sure that the content is appropriate and that it’s user-friendly and easy to read. If Google sees people clicking on your site, glancing at a page for less than 10 seconds, and then clicking away, they’re going to know that your site shouldn’t be promoted.
To avoid this, be sure that both your site and your content are user-friendly. It should be easy to read both on desktop and mobile and should feature plenty of headers, subheaders, bullet points, etc. It needs to be easy on the eye.
Google is smart, and they know when people don’t like your content.
Create In-Depth ContentBecause Google wants to give searchers the most valuable information, they are increasingly favoring lengthy, in-depth content. Short, fluffy articles that contain little information of value are unlikely to show up in Google searches.
On the other hand, if you create a fantastic piece of content that gives a searcher everything they need to know, there’s a much better chance of Google favoring it.
Additionally, longer content tends to get shared more. Moz recently reported that though 85% of content online is less than 1,000 words, pieces that are longer than 1,000 words consistently get shared more, which in turn generates more traffic for the site.
Bottom line: create great content.
Utilize Social Media
Social media is one of the best ways to engage with your audience and draw them back to your website. If social media isn’t in your internet marketing strategies toolbox then it needs to be … ASAP.
But where to start. So many platforms, so many options, so many things being changed. Here are some tips on how to use the top social media platforms to market your business.
Facebook:Facebook Live – Facebook loves anything that keeps people on their site. Which is one reason it loves videos, especially Facebook Live videos. Facebook shows your Live video — while you’re filming it and after you’ve saved it — to more people the more viewers it has and the longer it runs.And if you create engaging and creative Live videos that attract eyeballs, that means more people may visit your Facebook Page and, in turn, your website. Facebook Live videos have a 4.3% engagement rate compared to non-live videos, which have a 2.2% engagement rate.
Facebook Analytics – With your business page, you can get a huge amount stats on what type of people looked at your posts, when they typically see your posts, how engaging your posts are, and so on. You should be looking at your business’ Facebook Analytics every day and adjusting as needed.For example, if you see that the majority of engagement on your posts comes from men aged 25-30, you should shape your content so that it appeals even more to that demographic.
Twitter:Keep it short — Even though Twitter recently changed the character limit of a tweet from 140 characters to 280 characters, that doesn’t mean you always have to use all 280 spaces. The shorter, the better. According to Twitter, “Tweets below 100 characters are more attention-grabbing and engaging.”
Use images — Internet people are drawn to eye-catching images, so it’s a good idea to use them in your tweets.
Polls — Run a poll, see what people think about a topic related to your business. Engage with your followers. Once the results come through, talk about them on Twitter and answer questions from your followers. Ask them why voted the way they did and then respond appropriately. Show some love — Retweet, reply, follow back — all things that can boost your customer engagement and your overall brand.
Instagram:Hashtags — Although both Facebook and Twitter have hashtags, Instagram’s hashtag underworld has taken off with more strength. Find the most popular hashtags related to your industry and use them on every post. At the same time, you can use more specific but less popular hashtags to bring in a more targeted audience.
Use stories — In an effort to topple Snapchat, Instagram introduced their “Stories” feature, which is a clone of the feature Snapchat invented. Nevertheless, Instagram Stories have become a monster hit, with millions being created each day. In fact, within one year, the number of Instagram Stories surpassed the number of Snapchat ones.
Online advertising, in the form of Facebook, Google, and banner ads is a powerful way to connect with a very targeted audience.
For good and bad, Facebook, Google, and other sites have thousands of pieces of data about each of their users. When you advertise on Facebook, you target your ads based on age, gender, interests, location, other pages they’ve liked, and dozens of other options.
In other words, you can target exactly who you want, ensuring that they see your ad and are exposed to your brand.
ConclusionNow that you know the strategies you can use, it’s time to put them into action. It’s time to start marketing your business to the masses.
Unlike the old days, when your marketing options were limited to things like newspapers and billboards, now you can target very specific audiences using a variety of online tools. They’re cost effective, highly engaging, and allow you to connect with your customers in a one-on-one fashion.
If you’re not implementing these strategies, it’s time to get started.
The vanity to look excellent and engaging is something that any ladies is always searching for, there are many items such as creams, practice machines, medicines, traps, haircuts, kneads, plastic surgery, laser medicines, natural cures that are intended to enhance the look and feel of a ladies.
Anyhow this has made a great deal of perplexity about what is truly wonderfulness and how to attain it. You initially need to ask yourself what you recognize as delightful, what you would like to enhance in yourself, is it something physical or something inside you. What I can let you know at this time is that the path to look outside is the reflexion of how you treat your physique inside.
Women’s/Girls are much serious regarding there beauty, women’s always seek and look for Beauty Tips And Secrets For Women, So to solve your problem I presented effective Top 10 Beauty Tips And Secrets For Women in a simple language and simply in 10 points.
There are innumerable of items and common solutions for assistance you out, yet gave me a chance to let you know a percentage of the top tips and insider facts that you may never get notification from the television and magazines. Here are the Top 10 Beauty Tips And Secrets For Women :
1. Treat your physique well; don’t take garbage nourishment, smokes, drugs and any viable sort of wretched things that damage your physique and your skin.
2. Clean your make up before set to go to bed.
3. Accompany sound abstain from food full of products of the soil that hold vitamins A, C and E which have the opposition to oxidants that you form ought to secure your skin.
4. Practice no less than 20 minutes each day to make the blood move through all your physique and look after a firm skin.
5. Utilize sunscreens to secure your physique from the flashes of the sun that are the essential explanation for why of skin harm and maturing signs.
6. Escape a lot of make up
7. Accompany a 3 stage skin health management schedule each day during the evening and in the morning: Rinse, Tone and Saturate your skin.
8. Take a Facial back rub, it causes you unwind, eases tension and restores energy in your physique.
9. Also finally to maintain a strategic distance from the indications of maturing, for example, wrinkles, almost negligible differences, and age spots utilize a cream that will push the generation of collagen, elastin, hyaluronic harsh corrosive and hostile to oxidants in your physique.
10. Only by accompanying this tips and delightfulness insider facts you will have a greatly improved form, solid lifestyle and an adolescent searching skin for quite a while.
So Reader/Visitor, hope you enjoyed my post – ” Top 10 Beauty Tips And Secrets For Women ” but don’t forget to share your views with us via comments below. And If you know any other Beauty Tips And Secrets For Women feel free to share with us below. Also, visit Stetho Expert By James Markham
No patience for a wilting garden? Follow these beat-the-heat garden tips
1. Be Smart About WateringWhile the temperature may be warmer and drier, you don’t have to spend every moment of your free time watering your plants. The typical rule of thumb is to water flowerbeds twice a week with plenty of water, this will be more effective than watering the flowerbeds more frequently, with less water.
2. Water in the MorningOnce you have the right irrigation supplies in place, you can begin to put together a watering schedule. Always remember that it is better to water early in the morning before temperatures rise
Also, avoid watering at night. It might seem like a good idea to do this task when you get home from work, but think again —the warmth and moisture encourages fungus growth, try to do your heaviest watering in the morning. Only water in the evening if the plant really needs it. Experts also advise against watering in the middle of the day when it’s the hottest as the soil will soak up the water faster, leaving less for the plants to use.
3. Feed Your PlantsPlants need more than just extra water to endure increasing temperatures and strong sun exposure during the summer months. It is also important to feed plants throughout the summer season.
4. Prune AwayDon not be afraid to prune. Keep an eye on your garden and remove any diseased, damaged, or dead debris as they block airflow and growth. If you notice a plant with dead blooms, cut them back now to ensure it grows healthier next season, light pruning all year encourages steady growth and builds a healthy plant.
5. Combat Weed and PestsYou should be vigilant and deal with weeds. Weeds thrive off summer heat and steal nutrients and water from other plants. Any gardener who has fought a battle with weeds knows how strong and overbearing they can quickly become. Just like vegetables, weeds get thirsty, and they will compete with domestic plants for valuable water, so catch them before or after they grow and spread. You should invest in either pre-emergent weed killers which prevent the weed from germinating or post-emergent weed killers which target weeds that have already sprouted and are disturbing your plants.
Also, bugs can be abundant in the summer months, so much so that it can be overwhelming. It is important to know which types of weeds and insects you are dealing with and which products to use to combat them and get the best result.
6. Shade your plantsIf an area of your yard or garden is exposed to strong sunlight for the majority of the day, find a way to create shade and protect your plants from too much sunlight.
These handy hints and tips will help you get your summer garden figured out in 2017.
It’s the busiest travel day of the year. Millions of Americans will be boarding planes and trains or piling into their cars with one thing on the mind: Thanksgiving - a day of touchdowns, turkey and talk. As you make your way through the crowded lines at the terminal and/or toll booths, you start to experience that uneasy and all too familiar feeling. And though you are heading home to be with family and friends for the holidays, the thought of it is already making your head spin.
Yep, if you're single the pressures of going home can make you sick with anxiety. Because no matter how much therapy you jammed into your schedule leading up to the big weekend, one can never be prepared for the probing questions, insolent comments, and looks of pity that invariably come as a side order to the turkey.
So what to do when friends and family pop the questions while passing the stuffing? Rather than scream back or revert back to your teenage years, offer them a well thought out response. Here are some canned answers to help you out:
Question 1: Is there a special someone we should know about that you’re hiding back at home? Response: Sorry, I am not gay. I just have not found a partner who can make me as happy as I make myself. And if I were gay, I hope you’d still dance at my wedding too.
Question 2: What are you waiting for? Maybe you’re just being too picky? Response: Actually, most of my friends who married young are heading towards or are in the midst of a divorce, so I’ve decided to skip my first marriage and wait for my trophy wife or sugar daddy.
Question 3: "There must be something wrong, have you maybe fallen into a depression?" Response: No. Nor am I an alcoholic, workaholic or sex addict. The truth is I am just not ready to share the remote control or spoil my great dating life.
Question 4: Aren’t you worried you’re going to give your parents/grandparents a heart attack? Response: We’re celebrating Thanksgiving. I’d appreciate it if you save the Jewish guilt for one of our religious holidays. Besides, my being single gives everyone something to live for.
Question 5: Have you considered seeing a professional matchmaker? Response: If you pay Patti Stranger the 20k finder’s fee, I’ll sign up right now.
It may be the same scene, year after year – and is often a coming out party for new couples who have managed to find happiness no matter how absurd or hasty some of the romantic pairings seem to be. Despite your baby Israeli cousin who’s dating her 43-year-old boss, or your not yet divorced brother’s new shiksa girlfriend, the fact that you have no news to report on the love front will be the top story. So learn how to spin it and always be sure to smile.
About AuthorAlex Wise is a dating consultant and blog contributor for Loveawake dating site. He has been covering online dating, relationships, online and marriage niche since 2008. He loves sharing meaningful content that educates and inspires people to bring their dreams into reality
Combining imagination and astrology, you get a beautiful collection of zodiac birthday cards. Whether or not you’re into Astrology, these cards are definitely a treat for the eyes. Caregatto’s zodiac birthday cards have beautiful, detailed illustrations that are unique to each sign and embody the sign’s characteristics.
It is currently Libra season! The illustration for the Libra birthday card is an Egyptian woman holding a scale, weighing a heart against a feather.
The scale of justice dates back to Ancient Egypt. It was believed that in the after-life one’s soul passed through the trial by Osiris, the judge of the dead. The soul’s heart was weighed on a great golden scale against the feather of Ma'at, the feather of truth and harmony. With a heart lighter than a feather, one’s soul could pass freely into a blissful existence in the afterlife.
In addition to these unique illustrations, you can even fully personalize your card by adding 2 photos to each greeting card. These photos come in a cute vintage polaroid-like format. The photos are inserted on both sides of the actual card, and the recipient gets to keep the photos after putting away the card. It’s like a little gift in an envelope! You can send a birthday card that includes 2 real photos, and avoid the drive to the store to pick up a card followed by the long lines at the post office to mail the card. Plus, mailing a card creates an element of surprise which hand delivered cards lack.. and the best part...this is all done from the comfort of your home with just a few clicks.
Love the sight and smell of growing flowers, vegetables and gardens? Looking to transform your boring lawn into a stunning garden-scape or grow your own herbs and vegetables but not quite sure how to achieve what you want? These five crucial tips will help ease you into gardening and solve some of your problems before they even crop up.
1. Plan and ResearchWhile it's great to go with your guts sometimes, if you really want to ensure that your garden grows well, you need to research and plan it out. First, you should take a couple of seasons to watch how the sunlight falls on different areas of your yard throughout the day.
Take note of which areas see the most, least or no sun. Some plants are shade plants, others need sun, and yet, even more, plants are partial shade or sun! Map your garden based on the amount of sun, the slope (which affects water drainage) and other factors.
To avoid crowding, research your plants first so you know exactly how big and high they will get and how to space them out accordingly. Also, keep a calendar to know when to carry out certain activities.
Go into gardening with a plan and you’ll save yourself a lot of stress.
2. Have Your Soil TestedWhether you’re growing flowers, fruit trees, herbs or vegetables, soil condition is very important. Have your soil tested before planting anything? Some plants prefer acidic soil, while others prefer neutral soil. You also need to ensure that your soil contains the right level of nutrients like lime, phosphorous, magnesium and many other elements. Test first, then amend your soil to ensure healthy growth.
If you are using a container, make sure your container has good soil and drainage, which means plenty of compost!
3. Use the Perfect Weed Killer to Grow a Great GardenMany common weeds can be either food, medicine, or unwanted visitors to your garden, depending on the varieties and how you view them. Make great gardening choices with weed control by finding out the best weed killers for your garden, their advantages, disadvantages as well as application. You could invest in either pre-emergent weed killers which prevent the weed from germinating or post-emergent weed killers which target weeds that have already sprouted and are disturbing your plants.
4. Watch for Sewage Lines and Water Your Plants WellIf your home is on a septic tank, there are drainage lines that run from the tank throughout your yard. Planting on or too close to these lines can be very bad. Tree, shrub and plant roots can grow into the lines, clogging them up and costing you a lot of money. Make sure you know where your septic lines are before you plant to avoid this problem.
However, if this is difficult you should not fret about finding a suitable plot in your backyard, simply start a container garden anywhere you’d like. Plus this way you can ensure the soil is fertile and easily prevent weeds! You’ll be more likely to follow through with your gardening if your container garden is near your back door or a window you use often. First, start small, then work your way up to a bigger garden.
Make sure you give young plants plenty of water, but always avoid wetting the plant’s leaves! Wet leaves can easily lead to mold, rot, and a sick plant! As your sprouts grow, remember that the general rule of thumb is to give plants an inch of water per week. If you keep the garden close to your house, popping outside to give your plants some water will hardly seem like any effort at all. Be on the look-out for yellow leaves that means too much water
5. Research Perfect Plants for beginners and Avoid Invasive and Nonnative SpeciesA lot of gardeners get started with what they think are beautiful plants and flowers, only to find that they quickly take over the entire garden. Just keeping them in check can be a year-round chore. Know your plants and know how the plants you want to use in the yard behave, and avoid any that might become invasive. It’s also worth avoiding nonnative species, as these can also become invasive.
Some plants are just known to be easier to grow than others- plant these! For easy-to-grow produce, gardening experts recommend tomatoes, peppers, onions, chard, basil, and bush beans.
Easy to grow and maintain flowers include clematis(a vine), sunflowers, dahlia’s, foxglove, roses, petunia and black eyed susan’s. Just ask your local plant nursery employee to direct you to the “hardy” plants.
Allow yourself to experiment and try new things. If you realise you’ve planted something in the wrong place – either because it’s the wrong height or colour, or because it’s not growing well – you can move it. Most plants and shrubs, even young trees, can be uprooted and replanted.
You should also keep a notebook, journal or scrapbook so you can document your journey and achievements as well as your inspiration. It’s a great way to keep track of garden activity. You can also use it to keep notes about the interesting plants you come across elsewhere so you can make a reminder to include them in your garden next year. f2e3a47a875bc7038077c97c1bc3576fba52aa73b03f26bca8
Does your teen or younger child’s bedroom need a makeover? OJust like adults, kids want a comfortable, functional bedroom that’s a pleasure to retreat to at the end of the day. Here are some interesting colour and decorating ideas to help you along the along the way.
1. Wall Decals
Peel-and-stick decals are a perfect way to decorate the walls in your child’s bedroom, especially if you rent and can’t paint. Use decals as part of an overall scheme -- as in the above room with a cute woodland motif -- or just as a fun extra on plain, white walls. Make it more fun by having your kid pick out the decals and place them in position. You can find wall decals in just about any theme imaginable.
As your child grows older, or simply tires of the theme, it’s easy to remove the decals and replace them with something else.
2. Get In the Study Zone
Once your child is old enough to have regular homework and study time, he or she needs an area designed for focused schoolwork and another area to relax and daydream.
You don't need anything elaborate -- a simple desk and adjustable chair is enough for homework time.
3. Use Open Shelves
Young kids and mess often go together, but you can encourage and make organisation easier by providing plenty of open shelves with bins or baskets to keep toys and games contained.
This makes it easy to access belongings, and most importantly, makes it easy to see where each toy goes when playtime is over for the day. Keep things of a nature together in separate bins and work with your child until he knows the system.
4. Shared, but Not Alike
Don’t automatically assume that a shared bedroom means matching bedding, or even matching furniture. While some children enjoy having a symmetrical room, others prefer to set a more individual style.
If that’s the case with your kids, let each pick out their own bedding, bedside lamp, side colour and artwork to hang over their side of the room.
5. Shared but a Little Divided
If your kids share a room, but don’t always share the same viewpoint, ward off potential squabbles – or cut down on nighttime chatter after lights-out – with a divider between the beds.
A colorful curtain on a ceiling-mounted rod works well, as in this bedroom, or set up something more solid by placing a bookcase, dresser or shelving unit between the beds.
6. Bunk It
One of the most popular solutions for small, shared bedrooms is bunk beds. Most kids love them, although you might need set up a rotating schedule if arguments on who gets to sleep in the coveted top bunk become heated.
Make sure your kids are clear on safety rules – no pushing the bottom bunk out of its frame from underneath, no climbing up the side of the bed instead of the ladder and no roughhousing on the top bunk.
7. Children's Closet.
Every closet needs organization, but in a kid’s closet, you need to bring it down to their level. Provide hanging rods that are low enough so your son or daughter can easily reach the hangers, shelves for larger items and drawers for socks, underwear and accessories.
Label each drawer, if necessary, to make it easier for your child to remember what goes where, and provide a small footstool so he can reach items on shelves without a climb.
8. Follow Their Interests
Most kids have a passion for something: space, insects, the colour pink, Hello Kitty or a popular cartoon character. If possible, work your child’s favourite subject into the bedroom’s theme.
It doesn’t take much – a few wall decals and a comforter are enough to set a theme and delight your child. When you keep it simple, it’s easy to modify the room’s style as your son or daughter matures.
Childhood is so fleeting – before you know it, your child will be grown and gone. Make the most of those precious childhood years while you still have them, and don’t sweat the small stuff. Have fun decorating your child’s bedroom, and make sure to let them have a say on the colors, theme and furnishings.
About the author
Hello! I'm a mum of two and when i'm not chasing my babies out of closets and round the house, i am sipping tea, researching and writing articles. I am a lawyer, freelance writer and blogger and you can find some of my interesting hacks at Lifehack