The high inflation rate of 6.2% that we experienced last year made me realize the need for savings or investment alternatives that can help our money grow. Although we aren’t financially challenged, saving up for the future is also a priority. With inflation hikes like this, setting aside funds simply isn’t enough anymore, we also have to find ways to make our money work for better returns. For me, this means making use of several investment tools to address our different financial needs. Here are 3 savings and investment tools that I opted for.
Savings Account. This is a basic tool for anyone who wants to make their money work. Ideally 50% of a person’s monthly salary should be allocated for savings and wealth management tools. Experts recommend that 20% be placed in savings and the remaining 30% in other investment tools. A savings account from reputable banks can help you develop the discipline to save money regularly and use it for planned expenses or emergencies. There are different types of savings account available today with varying interest rates. I suggest you discuss options with the bank manager or customer relations officer so you can get the best rate and product for you. However, don’t expect your funds to grow significantly in a savings account. The interest earnings of these accounts are quite minimal and can barely cope with the inflation rates. But still any additional earning from interest is better than none.
Insurance Plan. Unexpected losses or illnesses can drain your funds real fast. As such, it is never a waste to put your money in insurance products that also comes with investment yields. These are products that usually include insurance coverage and a maturity benefit that you can enjoy after 10 years or more. There are also some products that give out dividends to the plan owner or insured even before the maturity date. The insurance aspect gives your family a sense of security in case of untimely loss of breadwinner while the investment aspect ensures that your money grows as your plan matures.
Stock Investments. If you are looking for higher yields and faster money growth compared to traditional bank products, then stock investments are the best option for you. However, one should also be cautioned that stock investments also come with risks of losses. As such, it pays to learn the ropes before diving into the market. But don’t let yourself get intimidated by the thought of stock trading, you’ll find that it’s quite easy to get started in stock investments. Plus, you don’t have to be really smart or have a lot of money in stock investing.
There are several tools that you can use to learn the basics in stock investments. In my case I booked a free seminar from 2TradeAsia and discovered the ease and convenience of trading stocks. 2TradeAsia is a user-friendly app that allows you to buy stocks and invest your money through your mobile devices. This simply means you can trade anytime anywhere without necessitating a visit to your bank or a call to your broker. For newbies like me, the free seminar really helps to get you started. There are also chart patterns and trend reports that you can use to help you make trading decisions. Another nice thing about 2TradeAsia is that they give you price alerts so you don’t have to be glued on your screen for price changes. Plus, you can also have a chat with their friendly team members if you need help in finding a strategy.
Making your money work for you is a great way to ease the effects of inflation in your budget. Not just that it will also help you achieve your financial goals much faster. I am still getting the hang of stock investments with 2TradeAsia and I find it really interesting. I never thought that a simple mom like me can also buy stocks from big business names like Jollibee, Metro Pacific Investments Inc., and Robinsons Land Corporation. Although I am excited with the gains, I am also aware that there are risks of loss in this type of trading. As such I make sure that my savings and insurance allotments are safe already before placing any additional investments in stocks.
You can also discover the value of these investment tools to help your money grow. Book your seminar now by messaging them on IG or facebook.
Recently, I was introduced to Cetaphil Baby’s newest product which is the Cetaphil Baby Cleansing Bar. It’s not a secret how much I love Cetaphil products, hence, I couldn’t contain my excitement when I received an invite to attend the launch and know the details of this new product. The launch was held at EDSA Shangri-La Hotel with a whimsical playroom-themed venue where the kids had fun while mommies took part in the program hosted by Patty Laurel-Filart.
Cetaphil Baby products are part of our daily hygiene essentials for years more so now that we have a baby boy. As to my eldest, Keisha, I only use my trusted baby wash on her since the day she was born up to this moment. Back in the days when Cetaphil Baby wasn’t available, I use theirGentle Cleanser for Keisha. I am skeptical to use bar soaps on her because I know how soaps strip off the moisture on the skin and I want to preserve her baby soft and smooth skin. I’m afraid that her skin’s texture will change the moment I’ll use a soap bar. For the record, she’s 9 years of age and I still use baby wash on her everyday. Not until, I found Cetaphil Baby Gentle Cleansing Bar. I’ll be sharing Keisha’s wonderful experience on a different blog post.
Cetaphil Baby Gentle Cleansing Bar gently cleanses with its hypoallergenic formula without stripping or drying skin, leaving your baby’s skin soft and smooth. Like regular soap, it blends into a rich lather to deal with dirt and sweat. It is dedicated to expert care for your baby’s delicate skin, recommended by dermatologists and pediatricians for toddlers.
Cetaphil Baby Cleansing Bar Launch
During the launch, Dr. Mara Padilla Evangelista-Huber, a renowned dermatologist and soon-to-be mom shared her expertise about pediatric skincare and how to take care of toddlers’ skin.
Celebrity moms Mariel Padilla and Andi Manzano-Reyes also shared the challenges of raising toddlers. We can see their mommy journey on their respective social media sites where they share snippets of their lives. Isabella Padilla and Olivia Reyes are both adorable toddlers that are playful yet very sweet little ones. Both toddlers use the new Cetaphil Baby Gentle Cleansing Bar in their bath time regimen. Now, they get to experience the same gentle cleansing in a bath bar format especially formulated for toddlers.
According to Ms. Abe Mationg, Brand Manager of Cetaphil Baby, Cetaphil Baby Gentle Cleansing Bar is their way of growing with the babies who started with their signature brand of gentle cleansing. They want to give every toddler the right foundation for a healthy skin to ensure that it is protected, now and in the future.
The new product is meant to be added to a toddler’s shower regimen, gives them the chance to learn about hygiene without exposing their delicate skin to harsh ingredients. Use it with other products such as the Cetaphil Baby Shampoo and Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion to form the perfect skincare routine—it’s the healthy start that baby skin deserves.
My fellow bloggers and I learned a lot about proper skincare for toddlers. We even shared some tips and tricks on raising our kids. It was indeed a delightful night filled with sumptuous food and new learnings.
Please watch out for my review of the Cetaphil Baby Gentle Cleansing Bar. Keisha is in love with this product.
Thank you so much Cetaphil Baby for having me!
To learn more, follow @CetaphilPhilippines on Facebook and @CetaphilBabyPH on Instagram.
One of the most challenging back to school tasks that moms go through every year is shopping for footwear. This is especially true if your child has a particular taste in fashion thus making it harder to find school shoes that meet both you and your child’s criteria. The child’s criteria usually focus on the aesthetic and comfort aspects. As for me, I always consider four things whenever I shop for Keisha’s school shoes.
photo credit: www.r0ckstarm0mma.com
First, it has to be comfortable. Comfort is always a primary consideration whenever your kid is “at work”. Since she’ll be wearing it for almost 8 hours a day, it has to be really comfortable. The last thing you want is for your child to have sore feet or aching muscles while at school. I go for school shoes with cushion as much as possible. This is because I want her footwear to be soft on her feet and she won’t easily feel tired wearing it.
Second, it should be non-slip. Because of course, her safety is a priority. Kids love to run around and play with friends so sometimes accidents happen. But, this can somehow be prevented when they wear a non-slip shoes with good grip.
Third, it has to be easy to wear. Weekday mornings are always a rush when you have kids getting ready for school. As such, you don’t want to waste precious minutes of your morning rush trying to put on your child’s school shoes. Slip-on school shoes are great for older kids but for younger ones who still require straps, Mary Janes or shoes with single Velcro straps are great alternatives.
Lastly, it has to be affordable. Kids’ feet grow up fast so a pair of comfortable shoes that’s affordable is the best. It is simply not practical to buy shoes that costs thousands of pesos if your child will outgrow them after a couple of months or a year at most.
Even if I find school shoes that meet my criteria, it still has to meet Keisha’s style requirements before we make the final purchase. Your child should also feel good about wearing their school shoes and not feel awkward about it. This will add to their confidence while performing tasks in school.
The good news is that there is now a brand that can meet both moms and kids’ criteria for school shoes, the Easy Soft from World Balance. It meets my comfort requirements with its Memory Foam Insole and Vicrotech material that makes it flexible and shock absorbent. It is also waterproof which makes it perfect for the rainy season. I also asked my daughter to test it for my non-slip criteria and it passed our standards too.
As far as style and ease in use are concerned, the Easy Soft line from World Balance offer a wide variety of designs ranging from slip-ons to Mary Janes for you to choose from. All of which are cute and stylish. Now when it comes to affordability, I think this line tops the bill with a price tag of only P499.75! Can you believe that? I used to find it hard to buy good school shoes for less than a thousand pesos, but now it seems we got a perfect find for just half the budget. The Easy Soft shoes are really stylish school shoes that are easy on the pocket.
If you haven’t found the practical, stylish and durable school shoes option for your kids yet, then head out to the nearest World Balance outlet to find the perfect fit. Now if you want to get these stylish Easy Soft School Shoes for FREE, then here is what you have to do:
World Balance Gift Certificates GIVEAWAY
3 of my loyal followers will get the chance to win World Balance Gift Certificates. I’ll be giving away the following:
– P2,000 worth of GCs to one of my Facebook followers
– P2,000 worth of GCS to one of my Instagram followers
– P1,000 worth of GC to one of my blog followers.
All you have to do is follow these steps:
1. Follow @k_figuracion, @keisha_tv and @worldbalanceph on Instagram
2. Follow I Love Keisha by Mommy Blogger K , Keisha TV and Easy Soft on Facebook
3. Like and repost this photo with hashtags (#SchoolYearReadywithEasySoft, #MommyKFiguracionXEasySoft #KFiguracionGiveaway)
4. Tell us why you like to win in my Instagram comments and/or Facebook comments section.
5. Leave a meaningful comment on this blogpost. (very important step) –> https://bit.ly/2YaOWD4
6. SHARE my blogpost on Instagram and/or Facebook
You can join in ALL three platforms, just make sure that you are following the mechanics.
One winner will be drawn from Instagram entries, one winner from Facebook entries and one winner from blog entries. Entries will be accepted until July 15, 11:50pm only. Easy Soft from World Balance will choose the winners and announce them on Facebook on July 16.
This contest is open to all those with valid Philippine mailing address.
Now that your child is done with pre-school it’s time to prepare them for another milestone, the first grade. At this stage your child is introduced to the big school where they get to learn about more subjects and interact with older kids. As such, getting kids ready for first grade entails a different approach compared to prepping your pre-schooler for school.
The transition from pre-school to grade school is like moving from warm-up mode to the first leg of training. This means your child needs to be prepared for more serious work and longer hours in school. Here are some ideas on how to get your child ready for first grade.
Skills Inventory and Practice. Once your child enter first grade it is expected that they are already equipped with certain skills. This usually include basic reading, writing, and math skills. You may touch up on your child’s reading, writing, and math skills through play activities so they won’t feel pressured or overwhelmed with first grade lessons. Getting kids ready for first grade also calls for learning some practical skills. Parents can start teaching their kids how to tie their laces or button their jackets as these can also be helpful to a first grader.
Pep Talk. Since first grade school work is tougher than that of pre-school, parents also need to prepare their kids to face these challenges. They can casually talk to their kids about what to expect in grade school and let the kids know that they can ask for help on tough spots. Your end goal here is to give your kids a positive outlook in facing school challenges and not cause fear or anxiety. Discovering fun in learning should always be a part of education.
Set a School Routine. As mentioned above, grade schoolers have longer school hours than pre-schoolers. You can help your child cope with this by practicing a school routine at home weeks before school starts. This can be done by setting play or practice activity that would last for 30 minutes to an hour at certain times of the day. Bedtime and morning routines should also be practiced to help things run smoothly once school starts.
Shop for School Stuff Together. Getting kids ready for first grade shouldn’t be all work and no play. A child’s first day in first grade is an exciting event for parents and their children. It gets more exciting when kids have a part in choosing or shopping for the things they need for school. Shopping for school stuff can help them visualize themselves in school wearing or toting the items that they bought. Most kids can’t wait to show their new school bag or school gear on the first day of school.
Your baby is done with the ABCs and 123s at home so get ready for the next level of your child’s education, Pre-school. This is an exciting time for both parents and child because going to pre-school is their entry to formal education. With the school year just around the corner, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and start prepping your pre-schooler for school. Here are some tips on how you can prepare your tots for pre-school.
Start with a Small Talk. You can start prepping your pre-schooler for school by casually talking about it. Sometimes parents get too excited in talking about pre-school that their kids may get overwhelmed even before school begins. A casual talk about pre-school life will let your kids know what to expect from school without undue pressure.
Practice while Playing. Reading and writing lessons are part of pre-school. You can start preparing your kids for these activities by reading to them at night and playing with toys that work on their fine motor skills. Play-Doh and Mega Sketcher are handy tools for these activities.
Set Rules and Routines. Discipline is also part of your child’s school life. This means compliance to rules and schedules. You can help your child prepare for this by setting an example at home in the form of rules and routines. For example: setting a schedule for daily routines and rules for gadget and TV use. One of the basic routines that you need to set is the bedtime and morning routines.
Give Your Kids a Tour in School. The school is considered as the second home of students. Thus it is important to make your kids feel safe and secure in their school environment. To prepare pre-schoolers in “moving in” to their second home, parents can accompany them in exploring the school before school starts. This will also be a good opportunity to meet school personnel that your kids are likely to interact with during the school year. These may include teachers, school nurse, cafeteria lady, or librarian. It’s pretty much like moving to a new house and saying hi to the neighbours.
Prepare for Separation Anxiety. Kids clinging to their parents with tears streaming down their cheeks is a common first day of school scene in pre-school. While hoping that your small talk will work in avoiding this scenario, it is also best to be ready for tears. In case tears happen your assurance that you’ll come back for them after class can help ease their anxiety. Remember to keep your goodbyes short because the longer you linger the more you prolong the agony.
Prepping your pre-schooler for school doesn’t end at the first day of school. Parents need to be there every step of the way until their child gets fully adjusted to their new environment. However, this doesn’t mean that you have to hover around your kids. It is equally important to foster your child’s independence when they start their schooling. Just let them know that you are there to give them support whenever they need it.
SY 2019-2020 officially opens on June 3, 2019 according to DepEd. For us parents this means prepping ourselves and our budget for back-to-school shopping. I personally like to do my shopping early to avoid the school rush which is why I am glad to hear that National Bookstore is up and ready for our back-to-school shopping needs. Ever since I was a kid National Book Store has always been our go-to store for school needs. Here are 5 reasons why I love to shop at National Book Store.
1. It’s a one stop shop. You’ll find practically everything you need for school at National Bookstore. I’m not just talking about text books and school supplies, NBS also has school shoes, bags, lunch boxes, and other accessories that you’ll need for your school gear. This means you don’t have to go to multiple shops to cover everything in your checklist. Oh and by the way, they also have a back-to-school checklist available in NBS branches in case you forgot to bring yours.
2. Easy Shopping. It’s always easy to shop at NBS because of their customer friendly lay out and friendly staff. You won’t get lost in the aisles because they are properly labelled and items are bunched accordingly. In case you have trouble finding items you want, their staff is ready to assist you.
3. Budget Friendly Shopping with their Promo Bundles. Shopping for school supplies can be quite expensive. This is why most parents have a budget prepared for it. The great thing about back-to-school shopping at National Bookstore is that you get to stretch you budget with Best Buys and Promo deals. Best buys are affordable items that give you best value for money. I always go for best buy items when it comes to paper products. They also have promo bundles that can stretch your budget even more. Current back to school promos include back packs for only PHP100 and lunch box for only Php75 with every 300 single receipt purchase of “N” sticker items. You also have a chance to get Php100 NBS gift cards, free tumbler, and over 1,000 prizes to be given away in their shop and save promo deals.
4. Support a Cause with Project Aral. Education is a fundamental right of our children but sadly not everyone can afford to go to school. NBS gives us the opportunity to help underprivileged kids with their school needs through Project Aral. All you have to do is purchase a pack of school supplies to be donated to kids in need. Project Aral Pack costs as little as Php30 a pack which includes 2 notebooks, pencils, eraser, and sharpener. There is also a Php60 pack which comes with slippers along with the school supplies.
5. Grand Back-to-School Fair. You and your kids can get an early dose of back to school vibes at the National Bookstore Grand Back to School Fair. It’s a 3-day event filled with workshops and other activities that kids and adults will love. This year they are featuring calligraphy and painting along with various activities in their booths. For parents on a budget, take advantage of the exclusive bundles and promos offered during the 3-day event. You can also win a Php5,000 NBS gift card or Php1,000 worth of school supplies in the Grand Back to School Fair Raffle.
Backpack to school
Admission is FREE so start making your way to the Glorietta 2 Activity Center, Palm Drive and join the fun. The NBS Grand Back-to-School Fair runs from May 24-26, 2019.
To those of you who can’t come to Glorietta, you can also check out the nearest National Book Store, they all have a Back to School Zone where you can buy school items or shop online at www.nationalbookstore.com.
Please don’t forget to share your haul online using the hashtag #BackToSchoolWithNBS and follow NBS on Facebook and Instagram.
Eton International School rises as the first world-class learning institution inside the prestigious grounds of the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP). Eton stands proudly amongst landmark structures—the Folk Arts Theatre in its north, the Coconut Palace on the east and bordered in the south by the Manila Bay, world-renowned for its spectacular sunrise and glorious sunsets.
Eton International School-CCP recently staged a grand opening event attended by the school administrators, students, parents and invited guests.
ETON International School _ School of the future
Ms. Jacqueline Marzan-Tolentino, Eton International School Directress
Ms. Jacqueline Marzan-Tolentino, Eton International School Directress, warmly welcomed the guests and gave a speech why ETON is the school of the future. According to her, in their school learning happens beyond the four walls of the classrooms. It is a place where kids will feel safe to learn, grow and multiply their talents exponentially.
ETON has created three pioneering programs: * Center for the Talented and Gifted for the pre-schoolers * Center for Leadership and Performing Arts for grade school * Center for Technology and Innovation for high school.
“What sets ETON apart is how we nurture the leadership potential in each child. Our mantra is every child is a leader and every child can be a hero waiting to be unleashed. We take time out to know about the child’s strength and weaknesses so that we can match our teaching style to our students’ learning style. This allows the students to learn, faster, better and higher. Eton International family culture allows students to grow and create better relationships in their family and community. It only takes love to break all barriers in the mind, heart and soul. With our multiple local and international programs, each child is given the chance to find his gifts, strengthen their resiliency and build their confidence,” Tolentino adds.
Ryzza Mae Dizon, celebrity
The students of ETON International School showcased their talents and gave testimonials on their wonderful experience in their school.
As a mom, I appreciate it when kids are given the chance to explore, discover and develop their non-academic talents. Because learning is not really just confined in the four walls of the classroom.
THE ETON EDUCATION
Ms. Tolentino shared that the Eton school philosophy is that “Every child is born with Royal Dignity.”
“We believe the gifts and calling of each child is irrevocable. A child’s worth is built in. It is our mission to open their mind to possibilities, strengthen their competency and skills and inculcate values that will set them for life,” she adds.
Eton’s motto is Artes (Heart), Scientia (Mind) and Intelligentia(Will or Spirit).
“Every child is nurtured to inspire, to innovate and to lead a life in honor of God and service to humanity. Every Etonian leads with humility, courage and heart,” Tolentino said.
Eton prides itself of its small class size that allows them to focus on the development of each child’s multiple intelligence especially in the crucial foundation years. Tolentino describes this as strengthening their roots to allow the children to be resilient as they grow and bloom and ready to conquer the world.
The Different Programs of ETON International School:
* LEADERSHIP PROGRAM-Eton provides learning adventures that are life changing. The students are taught to focus on developing their faith in God, self, family and others through self mastery, experiential mastery and life mastery here in the Philippines and abroad.
* LANGUAGE PROGRAM– Eton nurtures the gift not just of one language but three—English, Filipino and Mandarin. The students may also have an elective in French and other languages. – I SPEAK
* EARTH SAVERS PROGRAM – Eton leads the community to take care of the environment through our ECO Savers Program. – I CARE
* ARTS AND CULTURE PROGRAM – Eton promotes Philippine arts and culture from visual arts to performing arts through various exhibitions and cultural activities. – I CREATE
* DEVELOPMENTAL AND ACCELERATION PROGRAM – Eton provides multiple ways to Iearnfrom modular program to hands-on learning .- ILEARN
* ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM – Eton believes in teaching financial and wealth program at an early age through our various business start-up cases. IBUILD
* RECREATION AND CELEBRATION PROGRAM – Eton promotes local and international sports and wellness program – I EXPLORE
* STEM PROGRAM- Eton’s Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) program has given the Eton students a remarkable edge in this space. “Our global affiliations range from TOFEL to Lego Robotics to International Learning Styles AndMultiple Intelligence. Our program is used in UK, Asia and US,” Tolentino proudly said. – I SOLVE
* HOLISTIC PROGRAM– Eton sets three goals in every school year for students to learn and grow with from subject goals. These could be in arts, language, geography, history, ICT, language, math, music, PE, Science, society and technology); Personal goals ( enquiry resilience morality communication thoughtfulness cooperation respect and adaptability):& Internationalization goals ( local and international collaboration and cooperation.) Students are exposed to different opportunities to grow with their counterparts worldwide through internationalcompetition and fieldwork. – I PRAY
* INTERNATIONAL IMMERSION PROGRAM –Eton has international curriculum linkages that allow our students to easily be accepted abroad. – I CONNECT
* PERSONAL EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM – Eton has confidence building program that allows students to know their strengths and develop their talents at a faster rate through learning styles multiple intelligence and other personality development programs. – I LOVE
DEVELOPING 22nd CENTURY LEADERS
The mission of Eton International School, Tolentino explained, is to help develop leaders for the 21st century.
“These are leaders who are creative, critical, caring, compassionate, communicative, collaborative, confident, country loving and cross cultural,” she says. “We refer to these as the care values embedded in each child.”
“He dreams big by taking small steps. A small act of courage to press on towards his dream to lead his generation to a better life. It starts by creating multiple positive adventures in their early years, establishing their strengths in their foundation years thru multiple engagements and lastly enhancing their multiple Intelligence in their high school years. Specialization happens in their senior year that will give them a head start in life, Tolentino shared.
ETON GRADUATES MAKING MILESTONES GLOBALLY
The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so the saying goes.
ETON International School is proud not just of the achievements of current students but, most especially, their graduates.
Here are some of the Eton alumni who have made the school proud:
• Liviana Navarro, who was a consistent gold medalist at Eton from preschool to grade school has so far amassed five gold medals as world champion in performing arts in the United States, where she is based as a respected theater performer and singer.
• Ylay Gosiaco, who was also a consistent gold medalist at Eton, is now a scholar at the prestigious Harvard Medical School
• Nezza Rafain, also a consistent gold medalist at Eton, is a recipient of eight scholarship grants abroad, was accelerated twice and was an International Benchmark Test Topnotcher in English, Math and Science in Australia. She is currently a medical student.
• Carlos Alfonso, made Eton and the whole country proud by winning the championship in the International Robotics Olympiad in China.
• Valerie Villuan, a consistent gold medal awardee in Eton, graduated with the highest honor of summa cum laude at the Florida Atlantic University in the United States.
• Jaira Velsaco, is a member of Eton Robotics Team wereshe competed in various local robotics competitions. She was accelerated to Grade 12 at Crescent Heights High School, Calgary, Alberta Canada.
• David Benjamin Fugnit, a consistent honor student and known to be a good leader during his stay in Eton. After graduating in senior high school, he has been granted a scholarship for his college education at Hult University, San Francisco, USA.
• Aaron Daniel Fugnit, has obtained the highest score in the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) Junior. Herepresented Eton International School and the Philippines in various local and international robotics competition including Bucheon, Korea and Bandung, Indonesia. He won was a Champion in Robot Dancing Category DepEd National Science and Technology Fair – Pinoy Robot Games 2016. He is Currently Grade 11 under International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
• Kristen Claudine Agbuya, represented Eton International School and the Philippines in various local and international robotics competition including Bucheon, Korea and Bandung, Indonesia where she received a Technical Award in Robot in Movie Category and Champion in Robot Dancing Category DepEd National Science and Technology Fair – Pinoy Robot Games 2016. She is Currently Grade 12 under International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
• Asuka Shigemura, has been a Champion, DepEd National Science and Technology Fair – Pinoy Robot Games 2017 – Creative Category with judges from Singapore, Thailand and Philippines.
He was granted a slot as the Philippine official delegate to Google Australia Robotics Challenge in Griffith University, Queensland, Australia.
• Darren Lyndon Espanto, he is the first runner up of the voice kids philippines season 1. He also receives various awards like Promising Male Performer, 46th GMMSF Box Office Entertainment Awards, Most Outstanding Teen Artist of the Year – 8th EdukCircle Awards Multiple nominations and won Male Pop Artist of the Year at 8th PMPC Star Awards for Music.
• Beanca Marie Binene, ought out actress, host, endorser and has obtained the highest score in NCAE Manila with 99+, 95 and 99+ rating.
“The achievements of our current students and our alumni inspire us to provide world-class education to Eton students. If we want our children to be future-ready and globally competitive, we are certain that an Eton education could prepare them for that,” Tolentino said.
Aside from the newly-inaugurated ETON International School-CCP, ETON has another branch near Rockwell located at 6075 Palma St., Poblacion, Makati City which caters to students from the south of the metropolis.
Another is Eton Global Institute that caters senior high school, collegiate, professionals, for culinary and hospitality programs located at 1633 Makiling St, Sampaloc, Manila near the Chinese General Hospital.
“We are very proud of the kind of leaders Eton has nurtured for the past 15 years. The unique brand of Eton education has allowed our students to conquer the world. We dream of bringing Eton Education to as many cities in the country and partner with the best and brightest in the world,” Tolentino adds.
For more information on Eton International School,
As a mother I am always happy to support initiatives that promote children’s welfare. This is why I didn’t hesitate to take part in the Baby Company Buckle Up Baby Drive last May 10. It was the biggest child car seat caravan in SM Mall of Asia which aims to promote child safety while on the road. In case you haven’t heard, RA 11229 or the Child Safety in Motor Vehicles Act is already decreed. It is in support of this mandate that Baby Company launched an awareness campaign on improving child passenger safety.
We definitely got plenty of insights on child safety during the event. For instance, did you know that vehicular accidents are now the second leading cause of death among kids aged 0 to 17? According to the Department of Health statistics this is indeed the case today. Hearing about this made me want to revisit our car safety practices as a family. The RA11229 specifies that a child under the age of 12 must be placed on a proper child restraint system. I’m pretty sure we meet this requirement because putting the seatbelt on is our number one rule before driving off. However, it further states that the restraint system must be appropriate to the child’s age, height, weight, and approved in accordance with the law. This means that a seatbelt won’t suffice for small kids, toddlers, and babies. Luckily the Buckle Up Baby Drive is able to provide us with a car seat guide along with a wide selection of child car seats to choose from.
Child car seats are grouped according to a child’s age, weight, and length to make it easier for parents to find the right fit. Standard groupings for these car seats are as follows:
Group 0: From birth up to 4-6 years old and with a weight of 0 – 25kg.
Group 1: From birth up to 12 years old and with a weight up to 36kg.
Group 2: 9 months to 12 years old and with a weight of 9 to 36kg.
Group 3: 4 years old to 12 years old and from 15-36kg.
Chicco Car Seats
Picolo Car Seats
Graco Car Seats
Aprica Car Seats
Joie Car Seat
Aside from the size and fit of a car seat, one must also check for quality and safety standards in choosing a car seat for your children especially babies. Good quality car seat will not just keep your child safe but also comfortable during the ride. This is why Baby Company partnered with the world’s leading child car seat brands to serve their customers. Chicco, Joie, Picolo, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, and Aprica are brands easily recognized by customers who go for quality products. Aside from a great showcase of their products, these brands also share their expertise in finding the best car seats for your kids. I hope that parents will take their car seat shopping seriously because according to the World Health Organization, a car seat can reduce the risk of death and injuries in road crashes by up to 70% among infants and 54% to 80% among young children.
I am glad that the Child Safety in Motor Vehicle Act is enacted already. This way every motor vehicle driver and rider becomes more conscious of ensuring the safety of child passengers. The Baby Company Buckle Up Baby Drive made us aware of some of the provisions affecting car passengers but we must do our part in learning about the other provisions if we truly want our kids to be safe in their travels. For now, it is important to ensure that our babies are safe during their travels. So if you don’t have a proper child seat yet then better head to Baby Company and get one. If you have one already, please check if fits the specifications mandated by the law.
Since ancient times, people have
always tried to make their homes safe, comfortable, functional and trendier. We
have already achieved significant results for this purpose, so far. The best
would be to plan before you build your home, but since most people are already
homeowners, there are things you can still do to improve your home. So, why be
the odd one out? The below home improvement ideas will help you turn your home
into a paradise.
Create a beautiful entryway
Everyone who comes
to your home will definitely pass through the entryway. Therefore, it becomes
the first thing they see, anyway. So long as it’s practical, it will not harm
to invest in a grand defined entryway to welcome your visitors. Wainscoting is
best for delineating the space. You can also have high shelves to serve as
storage for anything you want to tuck away. To make it more appealing, paint
the wainscoting and shelving with a contrasting color to the walls.
Innovative landscape lighting
landscape lighting adds beauty and harmony to your home and outdoor living
spaces. You can always find exceptional outdoor light fixtures that will match
your taste, budget, and architecture. If you want to enjoy your outdoor space,
consider adding up striking illumination effects and enhance your
Make use of narrow spaces in the house
The narrow spaces
in your house can help you a lot especially if you have a small kitchen or tiny
bedroom. With innovative shelving and wall hangings, you can use these narrow
spaces as an ideal storage space of things that you use less often.
Remodel your bedroom!
The bedroom is a
critical element in any modern house. However, it is one of the most ignored in
home remodeling. In your bid to make your home small heaven on earth, don’t
leave this section unattended. Get the best pieces of art, paint it according
to your style and light it up. As the name suggests, the most important part of
the bedroom is the bed, don’t leave this section unattended. You should look
for a bed and mattress that can go with the theme of your bedroom. You can read
some reviews before buying a mattress for your bed, like the sleepDeliveredlull mattress reviews to help
you choose a mattress that will give you a good night’s sleep every day, every
Hide the necessities
As much as we have
to use garbage bins, vacuums and microwaves do not make them appear to be your
home’s centerpiece, as they can ruin all your efforts of enhancing the look of
your dream home. Instead, be creative and find ways to hide them. For instance,
you can put all the cleaning supplies in a designed closet.
Small kitchen renovation
If the condition of
your kitchen is not good or appealing, then there is nothing you can do to
other areas of your home to it turn it into paradise. A total kitchen
renovation can be damn expensive. However, there are small renovations you can
do without leaving your bank account empty. For example, installing a new
countertop or adding new stainless-steel appliances will go a long way.
Landscaping and trees
help a lot in designing your home to meet your preference. Landscaping improves
not only your home value, but it also beautifies your space. The best way to
set the tone to anybody driving or walking into your home is through a
Adding a deck
A deck has a lot of
benefits to your home including providing space to relax and entertain. It also
adds beauty and value to your home. Based on the contours of your land and your
taste, you can pick your choice from a variety of styles.
Improve your bathroom
improvement projects, it would be unwise not to remodel your bathroom. Remodel
your bathroom to have a personal touch. After all, you and your visitors
regularly see this space at least one in a day.
So, make it as comfortable as it can get.
10. Remodel your basement
Gone are the days
when basements were left for creepy scenes in horror movies. You can remodel
your basement and make it suitable for home gyms, a place to set-up your
personal bar or even as a game room. You just need to be creative and choose
what works for your home setup.
Bonus tip: plant some
Planting flowers in your home is an
easy exercise your family members can enjoy. Flowers can boost your moods and
help elevate your spirit. They also add color and visual interest to any home
compound. Planting can be a great option with both the indoor and outdoor home
decor. Instead of the old-fashioned planters, choose some unique outdoor planters to give that extra edge to
your small paradise.
The home is where the heart is, with
the above ideas you can make it be the loveliest and welcoming place you can
be. Remember this is where you get to relax and rest. So, make your home help
you do just that.