BR Fitness training creates flexible and time effective full body workouts to bridge the gap between commercial gyms & personal training. This fun community-centered fitness centre will help you achieve your health goals through a wide variety of services and group excercises lead by a fitness professional.
Do you get drained minutes after starting your workout? Well, then you are caught up in the trap of low stamina. Recharge your drained battery by bolstering your stamina and endurance. But before discussing the hacks to boost your stamina, let us understand the concept of stamina.
“Stamina is the potential to do something for a prolonged period without getting exhausted or giving up”. Low stamina can leave you gasping soon after you land on the treadmill or begin exercising. The key to boosting your stamina is in no way a one-go-shot or one that is “easy-breezy.” In fact, it’s spun-out and boring. But incorporating the below mentioned simple-hacks will help you boost your stamina and stave-off fatigue.
1) Keep yourself hydrated- The more you are hydrated, the better you can perform. Yes! Hydration is the key to longer workouts. But don’t go overboard and gobble up too much of water. Guzzling eight ounces every 20 minutes keeps you hydrated and wards off fatigue. Drink adequate amount of water pre, post and during workouts to increase endurance and stamina.
2) Rest for shorter period between sets- Yes! You read it right! Reduce the rest periods between sets in order to increase your endurance. Take as shorter a break as possible so that your body becomes aware of the threshold it has to reach. Slash off the break duration once your body becomes comfy with it. Rest only when you feel you cannot do more. By reducing your rest periods, you are pushing your body to work better for longer durations without surrendering!
3) Eat Right- Healthy and balanced diet can help you shoot up your stamina. Incorporate a perfectly-balanced, low-fat diet that encompasses plenty of fruits, veggies and lean meats. Instead of chomping down on large meals, break your meals into small frequent meals with a gap of 2-3 hours and stay energised the whole day. Include protein-rich food as they are easier to burn and will keep you energised for longer durations. Do not make a wrong choice of snacks but try snacking on fruits, nuts, raw veggies and other lean proteins between meals.
4) Hybridize your workout- Cardio-only workout is not as effective as “cardio-strength” combo. Hybridize your workout by blending the strength and cardio days to get the best out of your workout. This will help you put more muscles into work thus better endurance. Amalgamation of cardio-strength will boost the perks of metabolic and weight-loss. To get the best results you can start-off with light-cardio warm-up followed by your strength training and then cardio training.
5) Sleep well and sleep right- The better you sleep the more energetic you get up the next morning. Sync up your daily schedule with your body’s internal clock. Seven-to-Eight hours of sleep is a must for increasing stamina and staying healthy. Majority of restoring and recharging is done during 11pm to 1am. So, hit the bed at least one hour before 11pm. Also, try to adopt a healthy sleep rhythm by sleeping off and waking up the same time each day.
Incorporate these simple tips-and-tricks and give your best shot every time you hit the gym!
Skim through any fitness blog or magazine, and you can tell how crucial proteins are for the fitness regime. Protein to a fitness fanatic is like “spinach to Popeye.” Protein supplements are promoted as the “elixir” for an effective workout. Before diving into the world of proteins, let us know what is protein?
“Protein is a macronutrient found in foods such as meats, nuts, dairy products, beans etc. It’s comprised of amino acids, the building blocks of lean body tissue that promote healthy skin, hair, bones, fingernails, and muscles.”
The fitness section of supermarket is hoarded with umpteen protein supplements. Do you know which is the best type of protein for you? Well, let’s delve into the benefits of different types of proteins:
1. Whey Protein
Referred as “the most popular protein”, whey is a by-product of cheese making. It bolsters lean muscle growth and aids fat loss. It enhances immunity and antioxidant activity. This is inexpensive and good in taste. So, it won’t hurt your pocket and taste buds either!
Due to its fast absorption, it can be consumed before, during, or immediately after workout.
2. Soy Protein
It is isolated from soybean-perfect choice for vegetarians. Protein from the soybean help improve the body's immunity and promote bone strength. Soy also helps in preventing heart disease and reducing the risk of certain cancers. You can consume it anytime you want.
3. Casein Protein
Casein Protein constitutes 80 percent of milk protein. Casein protein is slow to digest and clots in the stomach. It is a good choice for meal replacements, as it helps you stay fuller longer and is also an optimal choice before bed.
4. Rice Protein
Made from brown rice, Rice Protein unlocks a world of benefits. Not only it accelerates weight loss but also regulates cholesterol. Brown rice protein is easy to digest, thus an excellent alternative for anyone with a sensitive stomach.
5. Egg White Protein
Eggactly! Egg white protein comes from one of the excellent sources of protein-eggs. Apart from abundant protein, it’s also rich in vitamins and minerals. It aids in keeping your muscles strong and supports tissue maintenance.
6. Pea Protein
Pea protein is gaining rapid interest among the gym-goers and health-conscious people. Not only is it gluten-free and dairy-free, but it’s amazing for your kidneys and heart! Fosters your pre-workout energy level and helps your muscles recover after exercising.
The protein aisle is very confusing. So, choose your supplement wisely and if you’re a beginner you can start off with the most inexpensive and tasty whey protein.
Every step feels like an epic struggle? Running is not so easy, and it can be boring too. You want to lose calories but you can’t stop hating every second spent on the treadmill? Stop worrying. Follow these 5 tips and make running easier.
1) Warm-up: Do you warm-up before pressing the high-speed button on the treadmill? If not, then you must start doing it. A proper warm-up prepares your body to run better by activating your muscles and increasing your focus. It increases the blood flow thereby decreasing the muscle stiffness and risk of injury. Warming-up also makes carbs and fatty-acids available for energy production. So, don’t forget to warm-up before over-stretching the next time you get on the treadmill.
2) Play with the speed and incline buttons: If you are the one who gets on the treadmill, clicks the quick start button and then runs at a steady speed until you are really exhausted, stop doing it- there’s a better way for you. Research suggests that high-intensity activity followed by low-intensity recovery period helps you burn more fat and also increases your metabolism. You can walk instead of running at a high speed and still burn calories by increasing the inclination. Isn’t that interesting?
3) Turn on some music with fast beats: The sound waves of the fast beat turns into vibrations which influence your brain and boosts the body movement. It distracts your mind and improves your physical performance. And when the rhythm of music matches your body movement, not only does it drive you to run faster but also makes intense activities less strenuous.
4) The correct posture: The better the posture, the more efficient the workout. Proper form puts less stress on your body and helps you run longer and faster. From posture to arm movement, minor adjustments can lead to an effective workout. Good posture involves having a straight spine (neither too straight nor too bent). Do not overstretch and do not clench your fist while moving your arms.
5) Wear proper shoes: Apart from making you feel more comfortable, proper shoes can lessen the impact of heavy landings. Proper shoes are tailored for your foot and provide proper cushioning. It also reduces the chances of injury and lessens foot pain. So don’t fall for snazzy ones, instead, pick up the more comfortable shoes.
So…warm-up, mix up the pace, turn on some music, have correct posture and a pair of comfy shoes then hit the treadmill and see the difference. Happy Running :)
Whether you are stressed, distracted, inflexible, gloomy, an insomniac, shy or even a bit grumpy, there’s a practice for you-Yoga. Yoga taps into innumerable benefits and helps you lead a fascinating life of incomparable strength and clarity. One of the major advantages of yoga is that you can choose a yoga style that’s customised for you, such as hot yoga, relaxation yoga, power yoga, etc.
I know you must be considering a whole list of excuses to evade the yoga mat, but the below mentioned benefits will stir your brain and you will overcome the intimidation. So, here it goes:
1) Weight loss: Are you on the wrong side of the scale? Try Yoga.
Recent studies show that yoga significantly lowers the stress hormones and improves the insulin sensitivity. With the heightened insulin sensitivity, your body burns food as fuel rather than storing it as a fat. Yoga purifies your blood and enhances detoxification. You will feel “lighter, fitter and healthier’ which will boost up your confidence.
2) Improved flexibility: ”I recently joined a yoga class. And I was not able to touch my toes. What an embarrassment it was! But I kept on practicing it again and again, and one fine day I did it.! Yayyyyyy!”
Regular stretching leads to gradual loosening and alleviates tightness, and then the impossible poses become the easiest ones. Poor posture can cause back, neck, and other muscle and joint problems. As you sit, your body may recompense by flattening the normal inward curves into your neck and back and this causes pain.
3) Makes You Happier: Sounds vague? Even I was skeptic about it before starting off, but it really did make me happier. Things began to shift in life, I had a bad break up with stress and I became happier and more calm than ever before.
Yoga is a proven relaxation technique. Practice yoga regularly, and you are all set to stroll from a chaotic life to a more relaxed one. It harmonizes the body and mind. Researchers have stated that regular practice of yoga improves depression as it results in higher level of serotonin- “the pleasure hormone”. Yoga doesn't just elevate our spirits. It elevates our lives. It opens our eyes to the essence of who we are, and there lies the ultimate peace. There lies the superlative happiness. So, join a yoga class now.
4) Improves your focus: Problem: Are you the not-so-proud possessor of a distracted mind? Are you diverted by every little thing happening around you? Solution: Join yoga classes!
To achieve the epitome of success, one must be focused. Regular practice of yoga not only improves coordination and response time but it also sharpens your memory. And one of the lesser known fact: It even improves your IQ Score! Woah, Score! It enhances your problem solving skills, helps you to retain more information and reduces distraction as well.
5) Better Sleep- Having sleep trouble? “Chill…...You can even smack insomnia with yoga”
Yoga’s alchemy of breath and movement is a powerful stress-buster and it provides solace from the hurly-burly of your hectic and tiring schedule. With quality sleep every night, you’d be less exhausted, lesser stressed and pretty much active every day. You’d be up and jet start your day with vigour and exuberance !
Infact, your perspective towards the world would be more positive. You can gain this superpower with none other than yoga! Yoga unblocks the alley to frustration, depression, resentment, fury, and instigates happiness, relaxation and optimism. So when are you starting?
Even the doctors around the globe are finally getting behind yoga. Over myriads of years, yoga has proved its worth. So when are you planning to harness its healing power?
You desperately want to shed off those excess kilos or gain muscles or tone up your body to wear those clothes lying in the furthest corner of your wardrobe but you find it insanely difficult to get yourself off the bed?
Relax! You are not alone.
But making excuses and procrastinating burns no calories. So you need to get up and get going. I admit working out is not always easy. But all you need is motivation. You just need the initial push, once you find your rhythm then there is no stopping.
Here are some tips I’ve found that keep me motivated:
Know what you want
When I joined the gym, my goal was to lose 15kgs. I thought I could do this in a month or two, but very soon found out this was an unrealistic goal. I was nowhere close to my goal by the end of two months. This discouraged me and I lost the motivation to keep going to the gym.
Set goals which are achievable and not overly-ambitious. Goals are a great way to stay motivated and quash the “not today”procrastinating thoughts swarming in your head. Don’t just think of the ultimate goal, set targets along the way to keep going. The sense of accomplishment on reaching your target boosts up your adrenaline and inspires you to continue.
Use Fitness Devices
The only person you’re truly competing against is yourself. So you need to track your progress over time. Depending on the tracker, wearers can track steps, calories, distance traveled and sleep. Not only can you set your goals but also challenge a buddy to workout. Trackers are loaded with a variety of benefits that can motivate you to reach beyond your limits, get active, improve your health and quality of life.
I’m a little obsessed with the Fitbit app in my smartphone. It’s funny how I carry it with me and see how many steps I take when exercising or shopping or dancing in a party. When are you grabbing yours?
A friend in gym is a friend indeed
You need someone to kick you off the bed for those morning sessions and make your sessions fun. A close pal can not only encourage you but also help you get past that eerie feeling of being the newbie where it seems like you're the only one who doesn't know the right steps or positions. And the best part is you cannot skip when you have a friend by your side.
Nothing can motivate more than a carrot dangling out in front of you. Reserve rewards for every goal, whether it's a trendy new outfit, a new set of shoes, a sexy watch, a spa or your favourite healthy snacks; reserving special rewards for yourself is a great way to get in the door. Rewards foster habits, and once hitting the gym becomes your habit, there's no looking back.
Wear proper Gym attire
Wearing too much or too little can be detrimental to yourself and others working out around you. Proper gym attire can foster motivation. Not only does it make you feel more comfortable but it allows your skin to breathe by drawing the sweat away from your body. So make sure you are wearing proper attire the next time you hit the gym.
Fitness is not about being better than someone. Fitness is about being better than the person you were yesterday. So just wake up, work out and be the best version of yourself .