Subway's Chicken Pesto with Fresh Mozzarella Ciabatta Sub features Rotisserie-style chicken, fresh mozzarella, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and new basil pesto sauce on ciabatta bread.
I picked one up for $6.59.
The Ciabatta sub appears to be about the same size as a 6-inch sub with roughly the same amount of ingredients. The bread turned out fairly nice. It had a discernible crust and an somewhat uneven crumb and remineds me of ciabatta you might get from the bakery department of a supermarket chain (which puts it about the other ciabattas I've had from Sonic or Wendy's but below a dedicated bakery).
The chicken was a bit mushy but was moist with a seasoned flavor. It went well with the pesto, which offered strong notes of basil and parmesan.
The fresh mozzarella was mostly there for texture. It's a creamy and soft, squishy cheese with not much flavor. Versus regular mozzarella, there's more moisture and a slightly softer feel.
The lettuce, tomatoes, and onion were fresh enough but as tasteless as Subway vegetables tend to be.
Overall, Subway's Chicken Pesto with Fresh Mozzarella Ciabatta Sub is a bit pricey for Subway but turned out very well. The proportions were balanced, the pesto was tasty, and the ciabatta actually felt like ciabatta.
Nutritional Info - Subway Chicken Pesto with New Fresh Mozzarella (306g) Calories - 580 (from Fat - 130) Fat - 15g (Saturated Fat - 12g) Sodium - 790mg Carbs - 61g (Sugar - 6g) Protein - 38g
Oscar-Mayer will be renting out one of their Wienermobiles on Airbnb from August 1 to 3, 2019 in Chicago.
The rental period coincides with one of the city's busiest music festival weekends and one night stays (for up to two guests) can be booked on Airbnb starting July 24, 2019 at www.airbnb.com/wienermobile. The price per night is $136 (plus taxes and fees).
If you manage to snag a spot, the Wienermobile includes a mini fridge stocked with Oscar Mayer hot dogs and Chicago-style hot dog toppings and condiments, an Oscar Mayer roller grill that you can take home as your very own, an outdoor space to eat your hot dogs, and a custom Wienermobile art piece by local artist Laura Kiro.
The stay also features a welcome package of hot dog-inspired wearables, including hot dog sunglasses, fanny packs, and a wiener onesie.
Continuing their cereal-inspired Pizookie cookies, BJ's Restaurant introduces the new Fruity Pebbles Cereal Pizookie nationwide.
The second dessert in the series features a buttery sugar cookie baked in a deep-dish pan, topped with vanilla bean ice cream and Fruity Pebbles cereal.
The Fruity Pebbles Cereal Pizookie can be found at all BJ's locations for a limited time. If you're looking to try it while saving some money, it (and the rest of the Pizookie line-up) is discounted to $3 every Tuesday at participating restaurants.
The first dessert in the cereal-inspired line featured Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The chain plans to roll out additional cereal-inspired Pizookies throughout the year.
McAlister's Deli will be giving away free 32-oz cups of their signature Sweet Tea on Thursday, July 18, 2019 in celebration of their annual Free Tea Day.
No purchase is necessary for the freebie and free refills are included. You can also go with unsweetened iced black tea if you choose. The deal is also available with online orders or via DoorDash when you enter the code: "FTD2019."
Additionally, from July 19 to 21, 2019, you can get a free McAlister's Sweet Tea when placing an order of $10 or more via DoorDash when you use the code: 3DFTD" at participating locations.
Celebrating their 82nd birthday, Krispy Kreme debuts the new Original Filled Birthday Batter Donut for a very limited time through July 21, 2019.
The donut takes a yeast ring donut that's been dipped in strawberry icing and topped with "party" sprinkles, and fills it with birthday cake batter.
Also part of the celebration, on Friday, July 19, 2019, Krispy Kreme will be offering a deal where you can get a dozen Original Glazed Donuts for $1 when you buy any dozen donuts at participating locations. You can find a list of participating stores on their website here.
Blaze Pizza adds to their crust choices with the arrival of new Keto Crust and Cauliflower Crust.
Keto Crust is a gluten-free, low-carb crust with six grams of net carbs per pizza, while Cauliflower Crust is made with cauliflower and is also gluten-free.
The two new crusts rounds out a selection that also includes Original and High-Rise Crusts.
Also new are Life Mode Pizzas, which are select topping and crust combinations meant to appeal to certain dietary preferences but can only be ordered online or via the chain's mobile app. They include:
- Keto Pizza - Spicy red sauce, mozzarella, ovalini mozzarella, bacon, cherry tomatoes, mushroom, and spinach on Keto Crust.
- Protein Pizza - Red sauce, mozzarella, Italian meatballs, smoked ham, grilled chicken, black olives, green bell peppers, and oregano on Keto Crust.
- Vegan Pizza - Red sauce, vegan cheese, spicy vegan chorizo, mushrooms, red onion, green bell peppers, basil, and olive oil drizzle on Original Crust.
- Vegetarian Pizza - Red sauce, mozzarella, ricotta, artichokes, kalamata olives, red onions, and spinach on Cauliflower Crust.
- Love's Travel Stops - Free hot dog (or other roller grill item) on July 17, 2019 when you present a bar code that you can find on their app, website, and social media channels all day tomorrow (more details here).
- Philly Pretzel Factory - $1 pretzel dogs on July 17, 2019; first 100 customers after 11 AM at each location get one for free.
- Pilot Flying J - Free hot dog (or other roller grill item) on July 17, 2019 when you show the appropriate offer via their app.
- Portillo's - Two regular hot dogs for $5 through July 21, 2019.
- Wienerschnitzel - Five chili dogs for $5 on July 17, 2019. There's no limit but you have to buy them in multiples of five.