Massage is defined as the rubbing and kneading of muscles and joints in the body using hands. This is done to relieve tension or pain. It's a great way to treat yourself after a long hard day at work or just when you need something to help you relax.
There are so many types of massages available today, from traditional ones like shiatsu and Swedish to ones developed for a specific type of people such as pregnant women and even babies, to the more exotic ones like tantra massage. Take a look at the types of massages below that you should definitely try. 1. Swedish massage - if you have never had a massage before, a Swedish massage is a good introduction. If you have tension in your muscles and you just want a relaxing time, this is perfect for you. It is the most widely known and common type of massage. There are five strokes in Swedish massage, namely vibration, which is the rocking and shaking movements, tapotement or the rhythmic tapping, effleurage which the sliding or gliding, friction, petrissage which is the kneading. 2. Hot stone massage - if you have been suffering from chronic muscle pain, get a hot stone massage. This is quite similar to getting a Swedish massage. But as an added bonus, the massage therapist also uses hot stones on certain parts in the body. This can help with muscle tension. to ease the pain you may be feeling and also to improve blood flow. 3. Reflexology - the art of reflexology dates back to ancient civilizations and continues to still be used today. Unlike the other massages which are for the whole body, reflexology, also known as zone therapy targets the hands and feet. If you are in the type of industry where you are on your feet all day long, this type of massage would be such a treat for your tired, achy feet. For those who do reflexology, they have this belief that there are reflex areas of points in the body that are connected to other points in the body. When pressure is applied to these reflex points, the body will respond by stimulating endorphin, which reduces your stress and discomfort. While there is still no concrete proof to the science of reflexology, there's no denying just how pleasurable it will be for your feet when you undergo this massage.
4. Tantric massage - a tantra massage joins elements of yoga, bioenergetics, and sexual therapy for a totally relaxing time. While it may be similar to the usual massage that you get but in tantric massage, there the yoni massage and the lingam massage. This involves being massaged in the genital areas, with the yoni a term for the women, while the lingam is for the men. But tantric massage is not a form of a quickie, it aims to be a path to enlightenment, where you will feel like you are in a trance and physical boundaries dissolve. There is even a tantric massage for couples, like the ones offered at Forever Tantric, where you can enhance not just your sexual pleasure but deepen your relationship as well. and physical boundaries dissolve. There is even a tantric massage for couples, like the ones offered at Forever Tantric, where you can enhance not just your sexual pleasure but deepen your relationship as
Taking the Muay Thai classes is among the best steps you will take in your life. You will feel excited at first, but remember that this is also the most difficult stage. Do not get disappointed when you suck at the beginner's stage. You will feel fantastic once you start seeing improvements later in your training. Many people do not prepare for Muay Thai before joining. People begin looking for advice once they encounter an injury. You need to learn some tips so that you ease the curve in learning the art. Here are three tips to learning Muay Thai.
1. Train. Start your day by doing exercises such as running to improve your performance. Exercising will power up your endurance and stamina, and you will see results within a short time. Buy your own Muay Thai, but you can still start by using the ones available at your gym. However, stay away from iffy gloves. The best gloves should have adequate padding to protect your hands. Always wrap your hands during training to prevent wrist injuries. Practice also involves working on your form and technique. Many are over-enthusiastic when they begin, and they always end up with wrist injuries. Start your training with light punches and then build up your speed and power. The same applies to your kicks. Beginners often suffer from shin bruises and swelling feet. The secret to the roundhouse kick is to twist your hip adequately and connect with the right part of your shin. With regular training, your shin and shinbone will toughen up in time to come.
2. Be dedicated and ask questions. Just like that smart school kid who always arrives early to school, asks a lot of questions, and stay late after school, you need to dedicate yourself to the sport. Become a Muay Thai nerd by getting entranced with the sport. Put in some extra effort, ask your instructor many questions, and take advantage of the open gym. Do not bother yourself with those that will call you weird. The only way to reach an exceptional level is to care too much and put in work. Extra work is not limited to the gym. You can visit online websites that offer Muay Thai classes such as crazy88mma.com.
3. Rest. Even though you are obsessed with Muay Thai, take time to rest your muscles and mind. Insufficient rest and overtraining can lead to severe injuries. If you have a shin injury, you can skip the kicking to avoid aggravating the bruise. Instead, you can engage in boxing until you heal. Adequate sleep is crucial for muscle recovery and relaxing your mind. Muscles grow when you rest after training. If you are not resting enough, you will not get stronger. Learn to listen to your body and take a break when it needs to rest. There is a Chinese saying that advocates for ample rest, “to rest is to prepare for a long journey ahead.”
A lot about Muay Thai involves muscle memory. Keep it real by showing up, working the drills, and putting your best effort on a regular basis. Bear in mind the tips shared in this article, and you will make progress.
Walking is one of the best forms of exercise. Whether you walk 10 minutes before each meal or 30 minutes in one setting, walking is important for heart health and weight maintenance. Here are 60 creative twists that’ll keep your stride fun and fresh. Strap on your walking shoes; you’re in for a treat!
1. Walk flirty, wearing a pair of shiny, red heels. 2. Walk with your dog. 3. Walk holding hands with your kids or mate. 4. Walk during a business conference call. 5. Walk with a spiritual mind-set. 6. Walk with one eye closed. 7. Walk barefoot. 8. Walk in a park, and admire nature. 9. Walk and send texts. 10. Walk with a pedometer. 11. Walk and take pictures. 12. Walk wearing a weighted vest. 13. Walk holding light hand weights. 14. Walk and bounce a basketball. 15. Walk and throw a baseball from one hand to the other. 16. Walk pushing a stroller. 17. Walk pulling a wagon. 18. Walk balancing a book on your head. 19. Walk while carrying your child on your shoulders. 20. Walk wearing a heart rate monitor. 21. Walk with walking sticks and burn up to 30 percent more calories. 22. Walk wearing hiking boots. 23. Walk wearing toning shoes. 24. Walk wearing shaper flip flops. 25. Walk wearing compression clothes. 26. Walk on a treadmill. 27. Walk on an incline trainer. 28. “Walk” on pogo sticks. 29. “Walk” on a trampoline. 30. Walk backwards. 31. Walk sideways in a grapevine pattern. 32. Walk with a gallop. 33. Walk uphill. 34. Walk downhill. 35. Walk upstairs. 36. Walk downstairs. 37. Walk with alternating lunges. 38. Walk in a figure eight pattern. 39. Walk on your toes, like a ballerina. 40. Walk on your heels. 41. Walk while throwing punches in the air. 42. Walk holding your arms overhead. 43. Walk twisting side to side to work your waist. 44. Walk, like an Egyptian. 45. Walk with high knees. 46. Walk, like a solider, kicking your legs straight into the air. 47. Walk on your hands! 48. “Walk” doing a bear crawl. 49. Walk, like a crab, belly facing up. 50. Walk, like a frog, and jump your feet toward your hands. 51. “Walk” doing cartwheels. 52. Walk like a monkey, dragging your hands by your ankles. 53. Walk, like a racewalker. 54. Walk and sing. 55. Walk and wave, like Miss America. 56. Walk and smile at people you pass. 57. Walk and swing your arms in circles. 58. Walk and think of a good childhood memory. 59. Walk in the buff. 60. Walk dreaming of ways to walk tomorrow.
Looking for the secret to losing weight. Here are some tips regarding weight management that should help you manage your weight more easily.
Weigh yourself daily There's no better way to track your progress in weight management than tracking your weight daily. Sure, the differences won't be big. On the contrary, the ounces that you lose are barely noticeable. However, once you start stringing a couple of days, you'll start noticing the difference. Track your progress daily but compare your weight once every 7 days or, in other words, once a week. This difference will be much more visible, and you'll feel motivated to continue!
Eat your breakfast One of the most common mistakes that people make regarding food is that they skip breakfast. Some say they are not hungry. This usually comes from the fact they drink a cup of coffee first thing in the morning which acts as a stimulant to decrease appetite. Skipping breakfast has the negative effect of slowing down your metabolism. Plus research shows that those who skip breakfast tend to eat high sugar snacks more throughout the day.
Teas Ginger, Green, and Cinnamon Ginger has the amazing effect of breaking down fat deposits in your body. Green tea helps fix your metabolism. This combination has an incredible effect on your body to assist in proper weight management. Cinnamon tea is simply amazing too. It helps control your blood sugar levels and has a low-calorie count too.
Avoid eating just before bed Eating before bed (or waking up in the middle of the night for a snack) is very detrimental to maintaining your weight. Your body simply isn't prepared to take care of food that late in the day. It's already preparing itself for sleep and diverting energy from organs that aren't necessary during the night like your stomach which doesn't work full steam when you sleep. This means that any foods you eat late in the night will take more time to be digested.
Get more sleep Lack of sleep can cause you to gain weight due to hormonal changes that happen. Leptin helps beak down fat which drops when you miss on your sleep. Gherlin increases which has an effect your appetite. This means you'll want to eat more when you awake. On top of that, sleep deprivation leads to increased amounts of stress, mood swings, and a complete lack of energy and focus. Staying up too late can also mess up your biological clock. This means your circadian rhythms may change your metabolism.
Have a walk every morning Even the smallest of physical activities have a profound effect on your weight. Going for a walk every morning will cause you to either lose weight or keep it steady. People think that in order to lose weight you need to workout like crazy, and while this is true if you want to lose weight fast, you don't have to work so hard. Simple exercises or walks for 30-45 minutes daily are enough to help you manage your weight and heart health.
More than 80 million Americans are afflicted with digestive sensitivities. What are digestive sensitivities?
Digestive sensitivities include stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, bloating, and visible abdominal distention after eating.
FODMAP foods are those saccharides and polyols are short-chain carbohydrates that, if poorly digested, ferment in the lower part of your large intestine (bowel). This fermentation process draws in water and produces carbon dioxide, hydrogen, and/or methane gas that causes the intestine to stretch and expand. The result is strong pain, bloating, visible abdominal distention and other related symptoms. These foods include milk and dairy products, wheat, onions, garlic, asparagus, black beans and artichokes.
To help alleviate the symptoms, many registered dietitians have their clients go on "Elimination diets" to identify the foods causing the digestive sensitivities.
Elimination diets are not
•Chicken and Rice Diets
Elimination Diets are:
•A tool to help you identify dietary triggers
•A chance to remove potential allergens and reset
•An opportunity for your body to heal inflammation
The best way to get started on finding out what causes digest issues is to food journal and meet with a registered dietitian to get started on a FODMAP or elimination diet to detect what's causing digestive issues. Some techniques include using a food journal, collecting recipes, and stocking the pantry with easy-to-digest foods avoiding FODMAP foods, dairy and gluten to start.
Lunges and squats are the foundation of many lower body workouts, but many Pilates moves can be effective as well. Plie slides help almost all of the lower body muscles for a more balanced movement than lunges or squats.
This standing move is a basic for Pilates but adding a sliding disc or paper plate can better target the thigh muscles. Start standing with feet slightly wider than shoulder width, toes pointing out and keeping the foot under the knee. One foot should be on a stable surface and the other on the sliding disc or paper plate. Slide the foot out to the side and lower the body and then pause. Breathe in and the as you exhale, slide feet back to starting position and raise the body. Repeat this move 15-20 repetitions and then repeat on the other side with foot on slider.
Remember to exhale on the return of the movement.
(Slide disc or paper plate needed)
What is works:
This move woks the thighs in all dimensions: quads, inner and outer thighs and glutes.
As you get stronger, add a second set up full pile to feet together standing movements or add resistance bands.