Believe it or not, approximately 75% of the people who sign up for your webinar will not attend. But, you can boost attendance if you give those who do attend a bonus that no one else will receive. Make it something with a high perceived value… a huge discount on whatever you’ll be selling… a checklist of important steps they need to take to achieve some goal… a free 30-minute phone consultation. This is where it’s critical to know your audience and what tools & knowledge they value. Do some research ahead of time, if needed.
Some webinar hosts don’t tell attendees ahead of time what the ‘bonus’ is. They simply hype it up by telling them to stick around ’til the end of the webinar when they’ll get a special link to a bonus page containing a valuable resource. Whatever you decide to do, I can’t emphasize enough the need to keep in mind the interests of your audience!
Create an Awesome Information Page
This is not the webinar sales or sign-up page. Rather, it’s the page a person lands on AFTER signing up for the webinar. This page contains all the details of what attendees can expect… the webinar time, date, phone, video link… any pre-work that needs to be done… a teaser about the bonuses they’ll receive at the end of the webinar… a summary of the topic you’ll be covering.
Don’t think that just the information page is enough. It’s also important to have an auto-responder set up to immediately thank people for signing up — and the email should include ALL the same info as what’s on the information page mentioned above. Why the repetition? Not everybody will read the info page and not everybody will pay attention to the confirmation email. If you put the exact same info in front of them twice, there’s a better chance of them actually seeing it.
Sometimes people don’t attend a webinar live simply because they forgot. This is where reminder emails come into play. Send out an email (with all the same details we discussed above) 24 hours and one hour prior to the webinar. I wouldn’t suggest sending too many more emails or you’ll risk annoying people. (You can also use social media to remind those who have signed up… and you might even get some additional attendees out of it!)
After the webinar is over, consider sending one final message to everybody who signed up (not just the attendees). Include a thank-you message and a link to the webinar for those who missed it.
You can work diligently to make the webinar a success, but if you don’t include these factors and the ones in my previous post, you may not have that much participation. Understanding who your audience is and what they need is your first step to ensuring that all your webinars resonate with your audience. The more your events solve problems for your audience, entertain them, and wow them, the more likely they are to come back. Good luck!
For many professional speakers, the mere thought of hosting a local live event fills them with a feeling of cold dread. You may think you’re too shy or don’t have the skills to plan and present a local event. However, the truth is that anyone can do it, provided they follow a few essential steps.
If you’ve ever been to a local event that left you buzzing with ideas and enthusiasm, you know how exciting these occasions can be for those able to attend. And, if you’ve ever bought something at a live event — even just a t-shirt — you probably have an idea about how lucrative for-profit local events can be.
If you discovered all new products and services, got excellent bargains, and met with great people you wanted to do business with, you will understand how effective local events can be. It is great to use the social networks online, but there is nothing quite like interacting face to face with others to help you take your business, profits or career to the next level.
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be posting a series of articles that will outline the essentials for hosting a local event to help you plan like a pro, even if you’ve never hosted one before.
In case you’re not sure about the advantages of hosting a local event, let’s discuss these first.
The Benefits of Hosting a Local Event
There are many benefits to local events, both for you as the host and for your participants. In this guide we will be focusing on events that you can earn income from. In terms of your own career, you might decide to offer a public talk on a topic you know will be of interest to the typical person working in your niche or industry.
Know Your Niche
As a professional speaker, hosting a live event can make all the difference between an empty calendar with a few low-paying clients, to a contacts list packed with high-paying clients eager to hire you.
If you’re also an author, you might consider hosting a book signing and talk or one-day seminar. This puts you center stage, showing all you know about a topic you’re passionate about. This kind of event gives you instant expert status, one that can not only give you profits but local press coverage as well, for even more sales.
Knowing your niche — that is, the needs and desires of people interested in what you have to offer — should be your starting point when planning a local event. Targeting the event to an eager audience is sure to get them to respond to your message and any services or products you’re trying to sell.
Even a free-to-attend event can make you money if you have a number of products you can sell for what are called back-of-the-room sales. If you don’t sell tangible products, you can craft special offers for your speaking services for attendees only. They will not only get to interact with you at the event, but get “insider pricing” as well.
What kind of items are good for back-of-the-room sales? If you are an author, sell relevant books. As an expert in your industry, consider putting together a membership site, course packs, DVDs, thumb drives, and other information products related to the material you will be presenting at your local event. You might even be able to sell a digital recording of the event once it takes place.
Take Your Business to the Next Level
“But wait,” you say, “I don’t know what I’m doing! How can I possibly host a local event?” The truth is, you can’t afford not to if you want to take your business to the next level. Hosting a successful event will boost your confidence, making you eager to host another. Even if your first event doesn’t go perfectly, you’ll learn valuable lessons which will help you do better next time.
There’s nothing as effective for networking and finding new prospects and clients as showing local people who you are, what you excel at, and what it would be like doing business with you.
A local event makes you more visible in the community, which can establish your credibility in the eyes of others. This in turn will boost your reputation. With enhanced reputation, you won’t have to chase so much business. Your live event will serve as a free “sample” of who you are, what you know, and how your experience can help your potential clients and their organizations achieve their goals.
— — — —
As great as all these money-making opportunities sound, you won’t be able to access them unless you start with the essentials. Most of us get so fixated on the logistics of a local event that we neglect the most important part of it: our audience.
Next time, we’ll look at why you should put your target audience front and center when it comes to planning and organizing your local event.
Nearly all of the professional speakers I’ve worked with have been adamant about recording their speeches, no matter how big or small the audience. You never know when something brilliant is going to pop outta your mouth and you’ll be more than grateful to have it on tape. Some speakers use video — others, audio — but the bottom line is… if you aren’t doing it, it’d be wise to start. Here’s why…
Let’s assume you’ve just given a speech to your favorite business organization… you were AMAZING! Everything went perfectly, and the attendees loved the content you shared! The audience connection was deep, and you even received a standing ovation! And, the best part? You remembered to hit the ‘record’ button!
OH! The things you can do . . . just keep reading!
Use Clips for Your Demo Video
You never know when you’re going to be giving the best presentation of your life. And, if you record every speech, you’re sure to end up with some amazing video clips for your next demo video! Choose clips that demonstrate your ability to provide solid content and connect with the audience.
Create an Online Course
Hire somebody on Fiverr.com to transcribe your video. Then create a workbook and use a site like Udemy, Teachable, Kajabi, or Thinkific to set up an online course. Many of these services offer special pricing for new customers. Every time you present a new topic, create another online course. Eventually, you’ll have a whole ‘university’ of content to sell!
Write a Chapter for Your Next Book
Yet another use for your transcribed recording… turn it into a chapter (or chapters) in your next book! Of course, you’ll probably need to do some editing beforehand, but what a great way to ‘write’ a lot of book content!
Give the Audio Recording as a Bonus Gift to Attendees
People love freebies! Encourage attendees to sign up for your newsletter list (or give you their business card), and you’ll send them the audio recording of today’s presentation. Make it clear whether you’re adding them to a list OR if it’s just a one-time sending — and make absolute sure you have permission to do it.
Use it As a Module in Your Next Home Study Course
Remember that online course I mentioned earlier? Consider taking it offline. Create a DVD or thumb-drive product that includes your workbook and the audio or video recordings. Not everybody has a speedy internet connection that’ll allow them to learn online. This is a great alternative for those who still want to learn from you, but don’t want to deal with an online class.
Break It Down Into a Series of YouTube Videos
If you’d rather not create a formal online course or home-study program, you might consider using your recordings to publish weekly video tips on your YouTube channel. Keep the tips bite-sized — 3-4 minutes at most. And, of course, be sure to post each one on your blog and share via social media.
These are just six ways you can re-use your speech content — and it all begins with RECORDING it in the first place. No matter the size of the audience, always make a recording. You might even consider investing in some high-quality video and audio recording equipment. You’ll be thankful you did.
The most successful bloggers have learned that if a blog post title doesn’t capture attention, then you’re dead in the water before you even start. That’s why you need a catchy title that grabs your readers by the shirt collar and stops ‘em in their tracks.
According to research by online marketing experts at HubSpot, headlines between 8 – 12 words in length get the most Twitter shares on average. On Facebook, headlines with either 12 or 14 words receive more likes. We already know that well-optimized titles can help you get found in search engines. So, it’s to your benefit to spend some time crafting attention-getting, optimized titles for each of your posts.
To help you out, below is a list of 101 catchy headline templates that you can use over and over again. Just replace the words in [brackets] with niche-focused terms that fit with the topics of your blog posts. Bookmark this post for future use!
1. The 10 Smartest Things You Can Do To [Get a Result]
Example: The 10 Smartest Things You Can Do to Improve Employee Communication
2. What I Wish I Knew About [Topic] When I First [Started Trying to Get a Result]
Example: What I Wish I Knew About Hiring Employees When I First Started Trying to Build my Team
3. [Number] Things You Never Knew About [Getting a Result]
Example: 7 Things You Never Knew About Communicating with Your Supervisor
4. The #1 Reason [Type of Person] [Gets Some Bad Result] (And How You Can Avoid It)
Example: The #1 Reason IT Teams Fall Apart in the First Three Months (…and How You Can Avoid It)
5. [Number] Secrets Your [Type of Person] Won’t Tell You About [Getting a Result]
Example: 7 Secrets Your Employees Won’t Tell You About What Motivates Them
6. The #1 Way to [Get a Good Result] (…That Almost No One Knows About)
Example: The #1 Way to Creating a Successful Team (…That Almost No One Knows About)
7. [Number] Surprising Reasons [Why You Get Or Do Not Get a Result] – [#X] Is Going To Blow Your Mind
Example: Six Surprising Reasons Why You Got Fired — #3 is Going To Blow Your Mind!
8. One Amazing Secret to Never [Getting a Bad Result Again]
Example: One Amazing Secret To Never Losing Your Best Employees Again
9. For People Who Want [To Get a Result], But [Don’t Know Where to Start or Keep Getting Some Bad Result]
Example: For People Who Want to Build a Successful Speaking Business, But Don’t Know Where to Begin
10. A Simple [Number] Step Formula for [Getting a Specific Result]
Example: A Simple Five-Step Formula For Hiring Awesome Employees
11. Here’s What a [Success Result] Looks Like
Example: Here’s What Team-Building Success Looks Like
12. The [Number] Simple Steps You Can Take Right Now to [Start Getting a Good Result]
Example: The Three Simple Steps You Can Take Right Now to Eliminate Employee Turnover
13. Here’s How to [Engage in Some Activity] Like [Some Expert]
Example: Here’s How to Write Like a Bestselling Author
14. [Number] Astonishing Secrets of [Getting Some Great Result]
Example: 10 Astonishing Secrets of Hiring the Best Employees
15. [Number] Little-Known Ways to [Get a Great Result]
Example: 3 Little-Known Ways To Get Classic-Car Parts At a Big Discount
16. Here’s a Surprisingly Quick and Easy Way to [Get Some Result]
Example: Here’s a Surprisingly Quick and Easy Way to Recruit Amazing New Employees
17. How to [Get Some Result], Even If [You Don’t Possess Some Skill, Experience, Etc]
Example: How To Get Hired, Even If You Totally Bombed Your Job Interview
18. Here’s How To [Create a Type of Thing] You Can Be Chest-Puffingly Proud Of
Example: Here’s How To Build an IT Team That You Can Be Chest-Puffingly Proud Of
19. [Number] [Amazing/Surprising] [Type Of] Lessons I Learned From [Some Activity or Person]
Example: 3 Surprising Supervisory Lessons I Learned From a Buffet Chef In Las Vegas
20. What [Some Activity, Event, Etc] Taught Me About [Some Topic or Result That’s Very Different From the Activity/Event]
Example: What The 24/7 Cable News Channels Taught Me About Training New Employees
21. The Essential Guide to [Getting Some Result]
Example: The Essential Guide to Launching Your First Successful Business
22. The Secrets of Mastering [Something] To [Get Some Great Result]
Example: The Secrets of Mastering Public Speaking to Get Your Ideal Job
23. An Astonishing Secret That Will Completely Change the Way You [Think About or Do Something]
Example: An Astonishing Secret That Will Completely Change The Way You Deal with Difficult Employees
24. [Number] [Type of] Trends That Will [Describe What These Trends Will Do] This Year
Example: 5 Human Resources Trends That Will Significantly Boost Your Income in the Next Year
25. The [Number] Absolute Best [Tools/Resources] For [Getting a Result]
Example: The 7 Absolute Best Tools for Coaching Troubled Employees
26. The Shockingly Simple [Type of Tip/Trick/Secret] [Delivers Great Results/Gets People Excited
Example: The Shockingly Simple Supervisory Tip That’s Making Employees Very Happy
27. [Number] [Type Of People] Are Getting [Some Type of Awesome Results] With this Simple Trick
Example: 2,873 IT Experts Are Getting Hired Immediately Using this Simple Trick
28. What/How [Some Niche Expert] [Does That’s Niche Relevant]
Example: What Corporate CEOs Do When Their Employees Become Unmotivated
29. Uncover [Some Benefit] That Lay Hidden [In Some Place]
Example: Uncover the Savings That Lay Hidden in the Break Room of Your Retail Business
30. Warning: Don’t Even Think About [Taking Some Action] Until You Read This Eye-Opening Article
Example: Warning: Don’t Even Think About Hiring a New Employee Until You Read This Eye-Opening Article
31. Is Your [Product, Home, Etc] [Doing Some Awful Thing To You]?
Example: Is Your Favorite Employee Talking Behind Your Back?
32. Who Else Wants [Some Benefit] In Just [Short Time Period]?
Example: Who Else Wants to Double Their Sales Income in Just 48 Hours?
33. The #1 Way to [Get a Result]—This One is Backed By Science!
Example: The #1 Way to Increase Sales —This One Is Backed By Science!
34. What Do [Type of People] Know About [Topic or Getting a Result] That You Don’t?
Example: What Do Professional Opera Stars Know About Building an IT Team that You Don’t?
35. The Big List of [Some Type of Tools, Resources, Etc]
Example: The Big List Team-Building Games
36. Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About [Topic] (But Were Afraid To Ask]
Example: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Hiring New Employees (But Were Afraid To Ask)
37. To Anyone Who’s Ever Been [Embarrassed/Afraid/Other Negative Emotion] [About Some Issue]
Example: To Anyone Who’s Ever Been Embarrassed About their Crappy Performance Reviews
38. [Number] Super Quick And Easy Ways to [Get a Better Result]
Example: 3 Super Quick-and-Easy Ways to Become a Better Public Speaker
39. If You Can Do [Some Very Simple Thing], Then You [Can Get Some Benefit]
Example: If You Can Click a Mouse, then You, too, Can Write a Great Job Description
40. They Told Me I’d Never [Get Some Result]—But Just Look At Me Now!
Example: They Told Me I’d Never Get a High-Paying Sales Job —But Just Look At Me Now!
41. Would [Some Great Result] [Create Some Improvement In Your Life]?
Example: Would Doubling Your Sales Income Help You Sleep Better At Night?
42. The [Number] Uber-Effective Habits of [Some Type of Successful People]
Example: The 4 Uber-Effective Habits of Great Communicators
43. Give Me Just [Some Short of Amount Of Time], and I’ll [Give You/Show You Some Great Tool, Resource, etc]
Example: Give Me Just Five Minutes, And I’ll Show You How Increase Your Sales Income by Thousands
44. How a Simple [Type of Thing] Can [Deliver Great Results]
Example: How a Simple Notebook Can Help You Take Your Team to the Next Level
45. [Some Percent] [People] Will Fail [When They Try To Get Some Result] – Unless They Use This Simple Trick
Example: Nearly 88% of Managers Will Fail When They Hire New Employees – Unless They Use This Simple Trick
46. Here Are [Number] Great Reasons Why It’s Time to [Break Up With Something/Kiss Something Goodbye
Example: Here Are Six Great Reasons Why it’s Time to Kiss Your Loser Supervisor Goodbye
47. [Some Specific Thing] is Dead – Here’s What Smart [Types of People] Are [Using/Doing] Instead
Example: Real Estate Sales as We Know It is Dead — Here’s What Smart Agents Are Doing Instead
48. How to Make [Some Boring Thing] [Fun/Sexy/etc]
Example: How to Make Employee Reviews Fun
49. Do You Have [Type of] Worries? Here’s How to Fix Them!
Example: Do You Have Job Worries? Here’s How to Fix Them!
50. The Incredible [Type of] [Secret/Strategy/Etc] That Almost No One Knows About
Example: The Incredible Team-Building Secret that Almost No One Knows About
51. [Number] [Facts/Stats/Resources/Etc] That Explain Why [Topic]
Example: Three Facts that Explain Why You Can’t Fire Employees Who are Always Late
52. How to Use [Some Resource or Strategy] To [Get Some Good Result]
Example: How To Use Social Media Marketing To Establish Yourself As An Expert In Your Niche
53. The Incredible True Story [Of How a Person Got Results]
Example: The Incredible True Story of a Sales Manager Who Quadrupled Her Sales in Just 12 Months
54. The Ultimate [List/Checklist/Resource] For [Getting Some Great Result]
Example: The Ultimate Supervisor’s Checklist For Finding & Hiring the Employees of Your Dreams
55. What If You Could [Get Some Result] Without [Doing Something Hard]?
Example: What If You Could Increase Sales Without Spending Any More Time at Work?
56. The [Number] [Types of Things] No [Type Of Person] Should Ever [Do]
Example: The Three Pieces of Clothing No Supervisor Should Ever Wear to the Office
57. The [Number] Most Important [Type Of] Questions You Need To Answer [Before You Do Something]
Example: The Five Most Important Technical Questions You Need to Answer Before You Get a New Job
58. [Number] Clever [Type Of] Ideas That Really Work
Example: Three Clever Credibility-Building Ideas That Really Work
59. Here’s How to Make Your [Item A] Work Beautifully With [Item B]
Example: Here’s How To Make Your Worst Employee Work Beautifully With Your Best Employee
60. Compare Your [Type of] [Strategy/Products/Etc] To What the Pros Use To Get Great Results
Example: Compare Your Sales Funnel Strategy to What the Pros Use to Get Great Results
61. Your Big [Type Of] Breakthrough Is Just One Click Away
Example: Your Big Real Estate Sales Breakthrough is Just One Click Away!
62. The Most Innovative Way You’ve Ever Seen To [Get Some Result]
Example: The Most Innovative Way You’ve Ever Seen To Build a Team of Great Employees
63. [Number] Amazingly Effective Ideas for [Turning Something Mediocre Into Something Better]
Example: Two Amazingly Effective Ideas For Transforming Lazy Employees Into Stellar RockStars
64. Your Search For The Perfect [Type of Strategy or Product or Idea] is Over
Example: Your Search For the Perfect Employee Evaluation Form is Over
65. [Some Type of Secret Or Trick] Exposed!
Example: The High-Producing Sales Team’s Tricks… Exposed!
66. This Is The [Last/Only] [Type of][Strategy/Product] You’ll Ever Need
Example: This is the Only Sales Management Book You’ll Ever Need
67. The [Type Of] Quiz: What Is Your Score?
Example: The Successful Supervisor Quiz: What Is Your Score?
68. Avoid This [Type Of] Mistake To [Get Some Better Results]
Example: Avoid This Hiring Mistake to Save Your Company at Least $10,000
69. [Number] Simple [Tips/Tricks/Strategies] That Will Immediately [Get You Better Results]
Example: Five Simple Sales Team Ideas That Will Immediately Motivate Your New Employees
70. Take The Guesswork Out Of [Topic] With This [Resource]
Example: Take The Guesswork Out of Managing a Successful Department With This Amazing eBook
71. One Simple Piece of [Type Of] Advice That Could [Rock Your World]
Example: One Simple Piece of Sales Advice That Could Earn You Another $10,000
72. The Surprising Truth About [Getting Some Result]
Example: The Surprising Truth About Managing an IT Department
73. [Number] Absolutely Insane Ways to [Get a Result]
Example: Three Absolutely Insane Ways To Find Your Next Sales Job
74. The [Number] Lies Your [Type Of Person] Tells You
Example: The Six Lies Your Sales Manager Tells You
75. Here’s a [Type of] [Trick/Strategy/Etc] That Works Like Magic
Example: Here’s an Employee Hiring Secret That Works Like Magic
76. [Getting Some Result] Just Got a Whole Lot Easier
Example: Hiring New Employees Just Got a Whole Lot Easier
77. Now You Too Can Take Advantage Of [Some Specific Thing]
Example: Now You Too Can Take Advantage of this New Employee Hiring Strategy
78. [Number] Good Reasons To [Take Some Specific Action]
Example: Seven Good Reasons To Write Your Own Kindle Book
79. Jump Start Your [Specific Thing] With [These Strategies, Secrets, etc]
Example: Jump Start Your Blog With These Three Writing Tricks
80. The Complete A to Z Guide For [Getting Some Result]
Example: The Complete A to Z Guide For Hiring Part-Time Employees and Contractors
81. The Quick And Dirty Way to [Get Some Result]
Example: The Quick And Dirty Way To Increase Your Sales Numbers Fast
82. The Art and Science of [Getting Some Result]
Example: The Art and Science of Getting Respect from Your Employees
83. How [Some Bad Thing] [Destroys/Damages/Etc] [Some Good Thing]
Example: How Negativity Absolutely Destroys Your Sales Team
84. Just When You Thought You’d Never [You’d Get Some Result], This [Secret/Product/Strategy] Came Along
Example: Just When You Thought You’d Never Find that Ideal Employee, This Hiring Secret Came Along
85. Everyone Focuses On [Strategy]—But [This Strategy] Is the One That Gets Results
Example: Everyone Focuses on Relationship Selling – But Is The One Technique That Gets Great Results
86. Get Rid Of [Some Bad Thing] Once and For All
Example: Get Rid Of Your Job-Related Anxiety Once And For All
87. Here’s An Amazingly Simple System For [Getting Some Good Result]
Example: Here’s An Amazingly Simple System For Hiring High-Quality Employees
88. Is It [Bad/Cheating/Etc] To [Do Some Thing]?
Example: Is It Bad to Hold Employee Meetings at the Local Bar?
89. You Won’t Know You’re Making This [Type Of] Mistake Until [Something Happens]—And By Then It Will Be Too Late Example: You Won’t Know You’re Making This Hiring Mistake Until Your Sales Team is Totally Trashed – and, By Then, It Will Be Too Late
90. The Astonishing Confessions Of [Type Of Person]
Example: The Astonishing Confessions of a Sales Manager Who Made Millions
91. Here’s The Perfect Way to [Get a Result] If You [Don’t Have Some Requirement or Possession]
Example: Here’s The Perfect Way To Create a Bestselling Novel if You Didn’t Pass Your English Classes in High School
92. Here Are [Number] Weird But Totally Effective Ways to [Get a Result]
Example: Here Are Four Weird But Totally Effective Ways To Train Your New Employees
93. Are You Still [Using Some Outdated Method or Product] [To Get Some Result]?
Example: Are You Still Using Joomla to Manage Your Website?
94. Imagine [Doing Something Awesome]
Example: Imagine Working with the Best Sales Team EVER
95. Here Are [Number] [Tricks/Strategies] [That Some Experts] Swear By
Example: Here Are Six Hiring Tricks That HR Specialists Swear By
96. [Getting Some Specific Result] Just Got a Whole Lot Easier
Example: Firing Your Terrible Employee Just Got a Whole Lot Easier
97. I Used To Laugh At People Who [Tried To Accomplish Some Goal]—And Then The Most Amazing Thing Happened…
Example: I Used To Laugh At People Who Tried To Make a Living Online By Selling Stuff Online — and Then The Most Amazing Thing Happened…
98. [Specific Or Generalized Number Of People] Have [Gotten a Great Result] With This [Strategy/Product/Etc]
Example: Thousands of Employees Have Saved Their Jobs With This Amazing Relationship Strategy
99. [Number] Brilliant [Ways] To [Get Some Type of Results Faster or Easier]
Example: Six Brilliant Ways To Generate All the Real Estate Sales You’ll Ever Need
100. Do You Remember [When Things Were Easier, When You Could Do Something and Still Get Great Results]?
Example: Do You Remember When All You Had To Do Was Have a Fancy Resume to get a Good Job?
101. I Dare You To Find a Better Way to [Get Some Result]
Example: I Dare You To Find a Better Way To Build an Amazing Sales Team!
— — — —
Bottom line… make your headlines intriguing, clever, and niche-focused. Be sure to include keywords or phrases that coincide with the topic of the blog post, but write for humans and not just the search engines. Follow these guidelines and you’ll be on your way to increasing the readership of your blog!