Painting Practice is an award winning studio working across film, studio, television and advertising. The services include motion graphics, previz, VFX, Production design, concept art, digital matte painting and prop design.
Experienced Senior Post Production Coordinator for High End TV Drama
Based in Wolf Studios Cardiff
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic international award winning design company producing television drama at the very highest level, in Wales.
Seeking a focused, hard-working, motivated applicant to join our busy post production team as a Senior Post Production Coordinator.
Essential: Must have the following; administrative skills, organisational skills, multi-tasking, people skills, works well under pressure, excellent communication skills, planning and organisation, attention to detail, problem solving, disseminate information, logistics, scheduling skills, confidentiality, discretion, observance of health and safety, time management, initiative, prioritising, IT skills, good team player, budgeting skills.
NOTE: Any successful applicant will be asked to agree to a Police background check as part of the recruitment’s final stage.
This post is provided as a component of Screen Alliance Wales commitment to developing Welsh film and television crew. Applicants who live or work in Wales are especially welcome. Screen Alliance Wales looks to build a culturally diverse workforce in Wales and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Interested? We’d like to hear from you if you can meet these requirements:
Painting Practice are currently looking for a Studio Manager / Junior Producer to join the team of directors and staff in their office in Cardiff, Wales.
Painting Practice is an award-winning design studio working across film, television and advertising. The company is well known in the industry and the services include motion graphics, previs, animation, VFX, production design, concept art, digital matte painting and prop design.
– Project coordination and management of animation and VFX projects.
– Liaising between creative and accounts department, creating budgets and cost reports.
– First point of contact for the accounts department, providing them with a monthly report of everything spent.
– Talent management, sourcing artists for the studio/project needs, rates negotiation and documentation production. First point of contact for studio employees and freelance artists.
– Coordinating artists’ software and equipment needs.
– PA to company directors, managing agendas and studio diary.
– Updating the company’s website and social platforms with latest news.
– Studio management, ensuring the studio runs smoothly.
– Have great communication and interpersonal skills.
– Happy to work in an admin role within a creative setting.
– Flexible can do attitude.
– Willingness to implement new systems and have lots of initiative.
– Must be computer literate and be technically savvy.
– An understanding and enthusiasm for film and animation.
– Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop, Googlemail.
– People and networking skills for dealing direct with clients and suppliers as well as networking at various recruiting events.
– Spanish fluency would be a great bonus as we are currently setting up a new office in Madrid, but it is not essential.
Ideally, candidates should be able to start November 26th and be available for interviews in November.
Painting Practice are currently looking for an Assistant VFX Art Director to join our team in Cardiff, Wales. The project is a high-end TV adaptation of a best-selling book series, with innovative and complex design & VFX components.
– Experience working as an assistant art director and/or draftsperson in film/tv.
– Strong understanding of modelling to scale and modelling/drafting for construction.
– Comfortable working in photoshop and indesign.
– Strong problem solving and presentation skills.
– Strong skills in 3D modelling software applications. Cinema 4D and Zbrush are our preferred softwares.
– Basic knowledge of cameras, lenses and good 3D composition and lighting skills.
– Ability to model to different technical requirements and styles. E.g. Low poly modelling for pre-vis and VR, Kit bashing and high poly modelling for concept art.
– Experience shooting and processing Photogramettry.
– Experience using Agisoft photoscan.
Painting Practice are currently looking for a Matte Painter / Compositor to join our team in Cardiff, Wales. The project is a high-end TV adaptation of a best-selling book series, with innovative and complex design & VFX components.
– Skilled in Photoshop image manipulation
– Competency in 3D modelling software applications. Cinema 4D is our preferred software.
– Comfortable finalising and integrating final elements
– Live action and cg visual effects compositing experience.
– Working knowledge of nuke compositing workflow.
– Knowledge of cameras, lenses, issues of perspective and parallax is necessary as well as a demonstrable ability to create photorealistic imagery with digital tools.
We are so excited to finally share the first trailer for “Mowgli”. It was an amazing project to work on, with our very own Dan May as VFX Art Director and the Painting Practice team doing some Concept Art.
Painting Practice are currently looking for Junior Pre-vis Animators to join our team in Cardiff, Wales. The project is a high-end TV adaptation of a best-selling book series, with innovative and complex design & VFX components.
3D Character Animators required. Preferable additional experience includes: video editing (Premiere Pro), storyboarding and 2D animation.
An interest in cinematography, directing for film, modelling and rigging are all desirable attributes.
2D Animators with storyboarding experience and an interest in 3D are also encouraged to apply.
At PP Wales we work in Cinema 4D, so it would be useful if you are well versed in this software.