Hi! Welcome! I'm a very creative person who enjoys puppetry and drawing. As a puppeteer I've performed puppet shows in the Ottawa.Our goal at Artelle Puppets / Pythor Comics is to create entertaining art that is suitable for family audiences. Artelle Puppets: Our unique hand-made puppets are created from original designs. We sell them directly as vendors at various events throughout..
This survey is for anyone who reads comic books or storybooks!
Instructions: Please highlight the text for this survey (12 questions), then copy and paste it into the body of an email. Fill out the survey and then email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you are under the age of 18, please get permission from a parent or guardian before sending in your survey!
1. What is your age group? (Highlight your answer in bold) a) under 7 years b) 7 to 9 years c) 10 to 12 years d) 13 to 16 years e) 17 to 19 years f) 20 to 24 years g) 25 to 29 years h) 30 to 34 years i) 35 to 45 years j) 46 to 59 years k) 60 and over
2. Why do you like superheroes? (Highlight your answer in bold) a) Because they can fly b) They have super powers and super strength c) They wear cool costumes d) I can use my imagination when reading about them e) Other (please explain):
3. How often do you read comic books or storybooks? (Highlight your answer in bold, choose the one that best describes your reading habits) a) Every day b) Once or twice a week c) Once or twice a month d) Once or twice a year
4. What are the titles of your favourite comic books or storybooks? (List as many as you want to!)
5. What are the names of your favourite superheroes? (List as many as you want to!)
6. Are you interested in discovering new comic books or superheroes? (Highlight your answer in bold) a) Yes, I like discovering new comic books and superheroes! b) No, I don't want to know about new comic books or superheroes.
7. What would make you want to read a comic book about a new Canadian superhero? (Highlight your answers in bold, choose all of the answers that you agree with) a) I have no interest in new books or new superheroes. b) I'm interested in any new books about superheroes. c) I'm interested in any Canadian superheroes. d) I'm interested if the book is self-published by a local artist. e) I'm interested in being the first to read a new book. f) I'm interested in reading what other people are talking about. g) I'm interested when a new book has the type of artwork that I like. h) I'm interested when a new book has cool looking characters. I) Other (please explain):
8. How interested would you be in buying/owning a comic book or storybook about a new Canadian superhero? (Highlight your answer in bold) a) Not interested b) It does not matter to me if the character is Canadian or not. c) Somewhat interested d) Extremely interested
9. How interested would you be in buying/owning a comic book or storybook about a new superhero who is from the LGBT community? (Highlight your answer in bold) a) Not interested b) It does not matter to me if the superhero is from the LGBT community or not. c) Somewhat interested d) Extremely interested
10. If the price was reasonable, would you want to join a Canadian superhero fan club to receive a kit of cool stuff, including a comic-style storybook, posters, collector cards and buttons? (Highlight your answer in bold) a) Yes, that sounds awesome! b) No, I would rather just buy the comic book. c) No, it wouldn't interest me at all.
11. What is the most you would spend to buy a comic book or storybook? (Highlight your answer in bold) a) $2.00 b) $4.00 c) $6.00 d) $More than $6.00 e) I don't buy them, I get them from the library or as a gift from someone.
12. Do you have any additional thoughts or comments in regards to this survey?
*Optional Question* If you are interested in being notified when Pythor Comics books are available please provide your first name and an email address. First name: Email address:
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey!!!
Please email completed survey to email@example.com
This past summer I presented a series of art workshops for Max Ottawa, a health organization for guys into guys. I'm happy to say that the workshops went very well, therefore Max Ottawa has asked me to present six more workshops! This time the workshops will be offered on the 2nd Tuesday each month, from October to March.
This is a drop-in workshop series, so there is no need for registration. All workshops are free for guys who are into guys, who live in the Ottawa-Gatineau area. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions, I'm happy to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the details for the first two workshops:
Art Workshops for Guys into Guys
Tuesday, Oct 9, 2018
7:00pm to 9:00pm, 251 Bank St.
How to draw fantasy characters & monsters,
and make your own comic book!
We'll have fun learning to draw characters, step by step, and then we'll draw a short comic book!
Tuesday, Nov 13, 2018
7:00pm to 9:00pm, 251 Bank St.
Make your own Pride rainbow winter wear!
Join us to make a comfy rainbow patterned fleece scarf,
and if time allows we'll make a hat and mittens too!
Additional details: These workshops are designed for beginners, so there's no experience needed. Join us and try something new! All supplies are provided, just bring yourself. If you have some artistic experience, feel free to bring some of your work to show the group if you wish. The goal of this workshop series is to provide a fun social event for guys who are into guys, especially for those who might feel isolated in the gay community, or who may not be into the bar scene or into sports. Regardless if you are shy (like me!) or a social butterfly, young or young at heart, all are welcome!
Here are the two giant puppets that I made for Max Ottawa with help from Max Ottawa's awesome volunteers! Max Ottawa is a gay men's heath organization that I did some art workshops for over the summer. The puppets were built in July and Aug 2018 for the Pride Parade held on Sunday, August 26, 2018.
The pink puppet on the left of the photo is named Eric, after Eric Levitt, the super, terrific, awesome, coordinator of this puppet project for Max Ottawa! The blue guy is Max himself! The cool dude in the bottom left corner is Lucien, one of the many volunteers who helped to build and paint the four puppet hands, and paint the blue head and neck. They also sculpted and painted some emoji shapes (a peach, an eggplant and some water drops). I sculpted the heads and made the bodies of the puppets. Lucien also helped to operate the blue puppet's right hand during the parade, while another volunteer, David, was on the left hand. The Pink puppet was operated by volunteers Steve, Joel, and Nathan as well as Eric. In addition Matt Harding, Community Coordinator for Max Ottawa, played a big role in making this project happen, and he even helped to make the puppets too. Everyone did an amazing job! This was a fun project and I'm very greatful that Max Ottawa gave me this opportunity to build some giant puppets for them. :)
Hey there superhero fans! Here's a look at my Canadian superhero team Canuck Crusaders in action! The gang will soon be featured in my Pythor Comics storybooks, now in the works!!! Shown above is Canadian Crusader (aka. Melvin Maples), his trusty side-kick Blue Jay Boy, super heroine Goose Gal, and the mighty Moose Man!
I have some awesome news for GBT2Q guys, and other guys who are into guys! Starting this month I will be doing six creative art workshops for Max Ottawa. Check out the schedule below and contact Max Ottawa to register. Workshops are free for those living in the Ottawa area. So if you're a guy who is into guys and want to broaden your social circle while having some creative fun, please join us. I'm so excited about doing this!!! Hope to see you there!