To prepare the filling,coarsely chop nuts in a food processor. In a separate bowl, mix chopped nuts,creamy peanut butter and castor sugar form small balls about 1 tsp each.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle. Combine ghee,icing sugar,salt and egg. Beat on slow speed till just mixed add flour and beat on slow speed till just combined. Form into balls 1 tbsp each.
Flatten dough ball and place a filling on it and wrap dough over filling to form a ball. Place in colour paper cups. Bake in preheated oven at 180c for 20-25 minutes or till firm to touch.
1. Mix the salt and turmeric with fish and fry but not till crispy. Keep a side.
2. In a pan add in ½ cup oil and when the oil is hot. Add in the grind Let it boil when the gravy is a bit thick remove from the heat. Serve with rice or nasi lemak. paste and stir fry till the oil rise (make sure that it is well fried and the raw smell disappear)
3. Add in the 2 cups of water,sugar,tamarind juice and the ikan bilis stock if use. Mix well and let it came to a boil and the oil rise.
4. Add in the tomatos,onions and the fried fish stir well. If like it a bit watery add a bit more water mine is a bit dry. Taste and add the salt. let it boil and when the rise. remove from the heat. serve with plain rice or nasi lemak.
¼ cup thuvaram dhal,soaked and ½ cooked with 1 cup of water.
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 medium onion,sliced
1 large tomato,chopped
2-3 green chillies,sliced
½ inch ginger,chopped
1 cup of mix vegetable ( from the super market)
Salt to taste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp of lime juice
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup water
Some chopped coriander leafs
2 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp oil
1 stick of cinnamon
1 star anise
1 tsp of cumin seeds
1 stalk of kari leafs
1. Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Once it turn hot add in the cinnamon stick, cardamom,star anise,cloves and cumins stir and add in the sliced onions,garlic,green chillies,kari leafs and ginger stir well. And fry till the onion turn translucent.
2. Add in the turmeric powder, salt and chopped tomato mix well and let it cook. Then add in the mix vegetables and stir well.
3.Add in the ½ cooked dhal with the water,coconut milk and water mix well and taste and see if the salt is enough. Add in the rice and coriander leafs mix well.
3. Transfer this to a small rice cooker and cook till done. Serve with any side dish you like.