The tree was covered with big and increasingly heavier, due to rain, amounts of snow over the winter. Thus, the main trunks were bent down naturally. I decided that it is an improvement to go for a more leaning design for this cotoneaster. It was not repotted this spring which needs to be adressed next year possibly into a first bonsai pot. Also, the deadwood needs to be taken care of and worked on. This year i started by bending the lowest branch down further and more wireing and cutback will happen this season. The flower buds are swollen which looks pleasing of course with lots of them covering the tree.
The chinese elm is taking small but constant steps forward in its development.
I am pleased with the trunk development and wound healing. The focus lies on the thickening and development of the lower branches and the top. The crown needs to be established and extended especially on the left side when seen from the possible front, as it is also depicted in the pictures. The method of choice is to let lower shoots grow longer before cutback in comparison to the upper branches which are ramified alot more already and might need a more significant cutback this fall.