Agents of Grace in Port Angeles WA. Proclaiming God's love for all creation. A congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We believe We are called by God's grace to share the Good News. We are the hands of Christ: opened in love, extended in welcome, joined in worship, offered in service and reaching for justice.
HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH
PRESCHOOL CO-TEACHER (PT)
1. Maintain a safe, healthy, clean and attractive classroom environment.
2. Develop all phases of classroom activities, including development of curriculum, preparation of materials, presentation and coordination of daily activities of children. Co-ordinate religious curriculum with the Pastor.
3. Develop appropriate individual goals and assess each child.
4. Work with co-teacher planning, preparing, and implementing classroom activities and curriculum.
1. Develop relationships with parents and volunteers.
2. Follow up on requests from parents for information regarding their child and/or the program.
3. Develop effective ways to communicate with parents and guardians, which may include newsletter, email and social media.
1. Maintain records on each child, including assessment results, goals for each child, health information and other relevant notes.
2. Maintain all forms applicable to program (daily plans, attendance records, phone contacts, etc.)
3. Regard all family information with careful confidentiality.
1. Attend training when applicable.
2. Participates in evaluation and goal setting of self and program.
3. Promote effective communication, relationships, and cooperation with staff, congregation, and community, which may include fundraisers and community events.
AA in early childhood or related field
Experience working with preschool or elementary school children
By employment date, TB skin test
By employment date, completion of criminal background check
Within six months of employment, First Aid card, and Safe Sanctuary Training
Able to squat to the child’s eye level frequently
Able to sit on short chairs, stools and on the floor
Able to sit, stand, bend, stoop and move around frequently
Able to work effectively
Able to lift 50 pounds
Experience in one-to-one communications with preschool parents and other caregivers
Experience in leading parent/caregiver education programs
Reports to the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Pastor and Minister of Education on the Church Council.
Posted April 29, 2019 Please send your application to Peggy Romero, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 301 E. Lopez Ave, Port Angeles, WA 98362, email@example.com, 360-912-1245. Open until filled.
The church was never static and eternal. Theology changes at it seeks answers on how to understand God’s will and how to live a life worth living. And the concepts the church generates and the ideas that drive its practice differ widely depending on the challenges time and context. At the moment the church experiences significant change. It struggles with decline in church attendance and the relevance of its theology in a more and more secular society. However society seems to have lost its moral core. Loneliness, substance abuse, alcoholism and unhealthy relationships drive many people deeper and deeper into despair. The church is called to reach out to the lonely and the oppressed to build community that is based on the god given dignity of every human being. This is a tasks that is more important that all matters of doctrine and practice. People come first. that means the Reformation is ongoing.