Forever 21 coat / Ganni sweater / Gucci belt / Only jeans / Vans sneakers / Louis Vuitton bag / Ray-Ban sunglasses / Acne Studios scarf
WOW. It's been a long time. I have not taken this long of a break from my blog since I have started in back in 2011. But sometimes life throws things at you that sort of shake your world and you don't know what is what. That has been my life lately, a lot of changes, a lot of up's and down's. But with all of that comes closing a chapter (or a few in my case) to make room for new ones.
I am still figuring everything out but I hope I can get back into blogging again. Probably not as often as I use to with not having a photographer anymore and being super busy in general but this has been my space for such a long time and I love this space this even after all this time.
I celebrated my birthday at the beginning of November and if you follow me on Instagram you will know that I bought myself a birthday present. I was unable to have it that day because there is a wait list for it but it finally arrived last weekend, it is this beautiful Gucci double G belt.
I am super happy with it and I know I am going to get a lot of use out of this piece. I think belt's are great pieces to invest in as it's something you can literally wear with anything, all the time. So I am very glad to have my belated birthday present!!
For the last part of 2017 I have done a lot of reflecting of what I want and ways to get there. So even though I am not one to make huge new years resolutions as they usually never stick, there are lots of things I have reflected on and things I want to do just for myself. So this 2018 I have decided is the year for ME!!
Yes, that's right. I want it to BE a selfish year of me looking out for me and what I want. I want to do the things that make me happy and re-discover myself. I want to dig deep and really put all my time, energy and money into doing things for me and my happiness.
I know it can sound a bit selfish but honestly I think more of us need to do this. I have put others first for such a long time that I don't even know what I want or who I truly am anymore. That's why I need to make this year about just doing what I want and not caring about what anyone else thinks.
I have already started on this, there is lots changing in my life already (well will get into that later) and I can tell it's going to be a tough but great year ahead so...Cheers to me!!!
August - going home for a visit, being with family and meeting my newest nephew and niece!
November - celebrating my birthday with my amazing friends!
During the year you don’t notice the changing you go through necessarily and it can be hard to keep track of everything that has happened. For me it is a bit of that but also with the end of this year I feel like a lot has changed for me. It’s been the last few months where I have really noticed a change in me!!
Now when I look back on pictures and think back to the times when I also notice how things have changed. The biggest change 100% for me has been my weight lose. I was never a big girl but looking back to photos of me in January compared to me now, I can’t believe how different I look. I don’t even recognize that person anymore and I am very happy about that.
I feel like I have accomplished a HUGE task and I am very proud of myself for having the discipline to do it!! I never thought I was the type of person to do what I have done but never say never!! haha
To be fair on myself, I had gained weight from my knee injury when I was off my feet for about 8 months so it’s no wonder why I had gained weight. But going vegan this year changed everything. Even just saying that I am vegan is super weird to me, I never pictured myself as a vegan but I am SOOOO happy that I am. I don’t miss any of the food I use to eat, I still eat amazing food that I love and that tastes delicious!!
I have been able to buy myself things that I never thought I would but have been on my wishlist for AGES and that might not sound like a big deal but for me I am over-joyed that I have been able to do that. I feel like this year has been a big one for self accomplishment. I have started to realize that I need to put myself first sometimes and I really have started to do that and it feels great!!
My view on myself has really started to change for the better, I have grown so much more then I could have imagined and I hope that I can continue on this path.
I feel like 2018 is going to be another big year of changes and self evaluation. I am scared, nervous but also super excited and happy to start 2018.
Obviously I have bought more things that I also love but this items were definitely highlights and favourites from the whole year. I have been lucky enough to get myself some pretty cool pieces from some of my favourite designers which is pretty amazing.
So far I don't have a huge list of items for 2018 but there are a few that are for sure on my list for next year (meaning tonight...AHH crazy) but these lists never stop growing so I am sure I will have plenty on it very soon!!
So back in October (see post here) I told you guys about how I had made changes to my eating habits back in July which meant going vegan. Already by then I had noticed SO many changes to myself through weight loss, happiness and everything and I was so happy with the results that going vegan meant.
When I had started, it wasn't about going vegan but about just making healthy food choices and doing my part for the environment. I never thought it would impact me the way it did. When I had talked to you in October, I had already lost 13 pounds and couldn't fit most of my jeans but was feeling great. I had not yet started working out as that has always been a struggle for me, feeling that drive to do it never was something natural for me.
But let's now fast forward to now. Since then I actually did start working out (this is the part where you hear people cheering in the background WHOOP WHOOP). For me this is a huge step and big accomplishment even if it is just small work outs at home. I have never felt comfortable going to a gym and working out with equipment I don't know how to use and around people I don't know and running isn't something that is comfortable for my knee...so the only way I was going to do any sort of fitness was going to be at home. But I have been doing it for quite some time now, like right after I wrote that post and it has been going good. I have been doing stretches and simple exercises I know. But I have noticed my flexibility and strength increases and I feel great. So I am very proud of myself for having the determination to keep this up, it is a big thing for me.
As for food, I am still going strong, I mean with holiday events and having lots of get togethers with people, I have had to cheat a bit more but still no meat or diary, I just mean, more eating out and processed foods which is not great but also not the end of the world. I am not hard on myself about these things and the way I have been doing things has been working for me so I am okay with that!!
As for weight loss I have gone to loose about 20 pounds now, which is insane. I still can't believe it and can't believe that I weighted that much to begin with to be able to loose this much weight. But as for weight lose, I am at a good weight now and I have noticed that I am staying around the same now so I think I am at a good weight now so I am now focused more on training and getting my body in shape and more toned.
Now for confidence, I definitely feel more comfortable in my skin and showing it off but it is still a work in progress. For someone like me who has always had confidence issues there are always going to be something that I am not happy with which sucks and is sad, I wish that wasn't the case but baby steps. You can't just change who you are like that, these things take time and even since October I am feeling more confident since then.
So I am excited that I get to start the new year almost like a brand new person with new opportunities and changes. I think that 2018 is going to be a very different year for me, which makes me nervous but excited as well!!
I thought I would share my tips on how I dress on those days when I really don't feel like getting dressed or trying, like if I am having a bad day or just plain lazy.
1. First thing would be to put on a logo tee or sweater. Wearing a cool logo top gives that instant cool vibe.
2. Wear your favourite pair of jeans, which mine ATM are these new ones from Levi's which you can get exclusively at Aritzia. I know I will feel good in a pair of jeans that I love.
3. Also wear your favourite bag, mine is my Louis one so I tend to wear that and I feel like it instantly makes me look like I have put in effort.
Honestly, yeah they are going to be different things for everyone that you feel good in and really that is the main point I am making here. If you wear items you love and feel good in them most likely you will look like you tried and you will feel better in it which will make you look better too!!
Zara blazer / Forever 21 top, jeans and shoes / Elizabeth & James bag
This look is probably my favourite look of the whole year and it is a perfect look for a holiday party especially if you are like me and don't dress up to often or really have the type of events were I need to dress up more then this. I'm not one of the people going to fancy parties but more so the type to hang out with good friends at home or go for a nice meal, just how I like it!
So the good thing with this outfit is that it is perfect for those kinds of people and those types of holiday parties. Another reason why I love this look is because I love that I can feel confident showing some skin and feel good about myself. It's not like this outfit is very glam but it's the details that make it more of a holiday party look. The cropped top, the glittery shoes, which both are new and I am very happy with them both. There boots are officially my holiday shoes. Another reason that this outfit is fitting for an evening is because of the blazer, the blazer adds a bit of sophisticated to the look as well.
Now all I need is more Christmas hang outs with friends so I can keep wearing this look!!
I can't believe we have already hit the end of November, it feels like yesterday that I celebrated my birthday at the beginning of the month. Time has been flying these days and I can't keep up. Also we just had Black friday and today is CYBER MONDAY, so more shopping to be had!!! Who else spent more then they should have?!?! I had to work that day as I work in retail and of course I supported my store but also did a little online shopping as well.
I have really been getting into online shopping these days, I use to always prefer to shop in store but lately I have been finding it just so much more convenient to be able to just push some buttons and then receive something in the mail. The only problem that might arise is the sizing of things, something it can be hard but for the most part, it is usually okay and it's usually pretty easy to exchange or return items online or even back in store.
So anyways I thought I would share with you some online stores that I find to be great places to shop, ones that are great places to find deals or have great shipping policies, just whatever it is that makes it a great place to shop online, cause I know it can be hard, especially if you are shopping from one that is in another country (which they usually are if you are from Canada). So let's get right into it, I will say the shop name and why it's good. Then you can go shop them after with cyber monday deals!!
1. Sephora - Sephora is the #1 place that I shop with online. You can get so many free samples and if you are a beauty inside, VIB or VIB rouge, there are so many things and deals you can get. I always shop there online and rarely in store. Also they have free shipping on orders over $50, which is easy to do!!
2. Shopbop - They recently re-did there site and I find it so much more appealing to use. They have amazing designers with great price points as well as high end designers. They offer free shipping and returns to Canada (whoop whoop) and they always have sale items year round so you can find some awesome deals whenever!!!
3. Asos - Great price points though they also carry higher end brands like Ganni, Whistles, etc and free shipping to Canada when you spend $45.
4. Ssense- This high end designer online retail is based in Montreal, Canada so it is a great place for us Canadians to shop. Free standard shipping on all orders within Canada and the USA.
5. Aritzia - Another Canadian retailer which offers free shipping on orders over $150 when signed into your account. They have good sales throughout the year and have a great arrange of in-house brands as well as other brands like really good denim brands such as AGOLDE, Citizens of Humanity, Frame, etc.
6. Therealreal - This is a luxury consignment stores so if you are looking for high end pieces at a discount then this is a great site. You can also keep your favourites listed there and they will let you know when they are even further discounted. But you will have to pay shipping costs and most likely duties and taxes.
7. Moda Operandi - You will have to pay for shipping but if you are looking for some high end designer pieces, ones that might even be for the next season, you can pre order. You can buy items straight up or they do trunk shows where you pay half of the price and then when it is ready to be shipped to you then you pay the rest so if one big price scares you then this might be a great option. Also you can normally find some pretty special pieces on the site.
8. Zara - Free shipping on orders over $50 and free returns.
9. Net-a-porter - Aesthetically this site is my favourite site. I love browsing the shop, they carry the most beautiful high end pieces. You do have to pay for shipping but you can find some great finds there.
10. Ebay - Even I over look this site but really you can find some great deals on lots of different pieces. I recently found a Vancouver based consignment store where I scored some Gucci shoes for $100 and because they were based where I live, I was able to pick them up without having to pay shipping. That is pretty sweet, so it is definitely a place to look for high end pieces at discounted prices.
Okay so that is my top 10, but I have probably forgot some so please tell me your favourite places to do online shopping, maybe there are some shops I have not yet discovered!!! Now go SHOP!!!
When it comes to make-up I am definitely no expert even though I took a class on make-up, no matter, I'm no pro. During the Summer months I tend to barely wear anything on my face as I just feel gross with it being hot and sweaty and as well as with a glow from the sun I tend to feel a bit prettier without anything. So I will normally only wear tinted moisturizer, lipstick and I never leave the house without doing my brows!!
But when it comes to the colder months of the year, so like around September I will start to go into my full on make-up look. But I still tend to rotate between the same products everyday. Some of the products I am using are new and some are old favourites so I will let you know as we go.
I will also be doing a skincare routine post very soon, so you can see what I do before I do my make-up then.
1. So I don't actually have a full size primer which I really should get, any suggestions welcomed, but I have been using a sample I got of the Hourglass Veil minimal primer, so that is first before I apply my foundation.
3. I then move on to concealer which again, I am testing out a new one, the Nars radiant creamy concealer which seems to be fine and do the job but nothing about it is screaming amazing to me!! But I have heard really good things about the matte one so I will try that one next. I use it under my eyes and to hide any spots or redness since I have fair skin and get red very easily.
4. Next I use my contour kit from Anastasia Beverly Hills. I have first been using the more yellow highlight just as a powder after the foundation and concealer, I find it is another great way to hide any redness then I move onto contour in the middle least dark tone, which I use right under my cheekbones, on the outside of my temples and forehead, my jawline and on my nose.
6. Hightlighter is next and is one of my favourites when it comes to make-up. For a long time I have been using the glow kit of Anastasia Beverly Hills, but it is very sparkly so if I am in the mode for something lighter then I will use my new Hourglass ambient strobe lighting powder in brilliant which I had been wanting to try forever and I like it, or I will use my Nars illuminator in hot sand which I actually really love but I am on empty basically. Sometimes I will even pair them all together or use them in different areas.
7. Now the #1 most important product for my face, my Anastasia beverly hills dip brow pomade. I have sparse brow hairs especially the end part so I need a brow product that really fills in everywhere. This pomade is great for that, I have been using it for years and years. I don't really know any other good brow products, I wouldn't actually mind trying a pencil to see if I could do hair strokes and see if it would work on me but for now I am happy with this and never go anywhere without my brows done. I feel naked without it!!
8. Now for the eyes, I love my Urban Decay Naked basics palette. I use W.O.S as a base and Venus as a highlight. Then depending on the day and what kind of eye make-up I want sometimes I will use Faint, brown tones look good on me. Same goes for eyeliner, it depends on the look what I use, but normally I use a brown gel liner which is just an old one, don't know the brand.
9. Then I use a eyelash curler before applying my mascara and I am not too picky about my mascara, as long as it gives me a thick, bold look then it is great. Right now I am trying out the Lancôme monsieur big which definitely achieves that.
10. Last but not at least is lipstick, which is actually just as important to me as my brows. If you know me then you will know I don't like my natural lip colour, though I have been getting better at having a more natural nude lip colour on that I have been loving at the moment. So I have been rotating between Urban Decay glide-on lip pencil in Walk of Shame and another very old one which I don't know the name and brand, but it is closer to my lip colour. Then I usually use my ALL time favourite which I have used FOREVER my M.A.C. satin lipstick in Myth, it's my signature. Then sometimes I will just use a pencil or put a gloss overtop, but 99% of the time it is Myth!!
All right, if you made it too the end then THANK YOU. It was fun to share this and please if you have any make-up recommendations, I would love to hear them!!