Welcome to my Indian Vanity Case. I love everything GIRLY ~ Make-up, Perfumes, Shoes, Pink & BOWS! I'm obsessed with bows. Contemplating getting a bow tattoo on my hip bone. This blog is just a fun & positive getaway for me to express my love for everything pretty, but I hope that it helps people that stop by shop & wear make-up better
Hey you all! Hope you're doing good. Me, I'm doing great, but I just can't deal with the fact that it's already my birthday month again! How does time move so fast??! I haven't even finished writing my birthday wishlist from last year!
How do I feel about turning 37 in 2.5 weeks? Almost the same as when I turned 36, to be honest. I feel like it's like a filler age of the late 30's. Like I'm in the middle of a see-saw, and I'm.....umm, I can't complete that analogy articulately. That's how dull & irrelevant it feels like.
So....as you can see, I'm still in the gingham phase, and although I bought 2 other gingham clothing items, I promise this is the last one I'll be posting here. I shall control myself & my 60's fixation.
But right now, please at least appreciate the matching earrings & shorts.
Falling into 37 like.....
(Ohhh! That's me in the middle of that see-saw.)
Top/Shorts/Earrings: Forever 21
Sunglasses: H&M (old)
Lipstick: Deborah Milano Fluid Velvet Mat Lipstick 10 Loud Coral. Shown here.
I wanted to post pics of this entire collection, including the palettes, but the New U store I went to had just these that I picked up. Looking at the the lack of color in these pics now
Let's see if I can find the rest at Lifestyle.
Mcall Lipstick: It's a very nude shade, almost like MAC's Myth on my lips. I also wanted to pick Taura, a deeper nude shade, so I can mix the 2 up, but it was sold out. The other shade available that day was Austyn (red), and I'm a bit off red lipsticks these days.
Gel Eyeliner Pencil: It's softer than the Colossal Pencil
Maybelline Gigi Hadid Fibre Mascara: Apply 1 coat of black, then 1 coat of fibre, the black again. Repeat if required. It's amazing! I love it. The brush is the kind that doesn't smudge on the eyelids.
Swatches: Gel Eyeline (Top), Mccall Lipstick (Bottom)
I LOVE the Fibre Mascara & Gel EyeLiner. I'm glad I got my hands on them, at least.
You know what's the equivalent of a Fidget Spinner in my world? (Basically, what I find relaxing & calming.)
I like to sit down on my couch, inspect my hair ends, and cut the split ends with mini eyebrow scissors. The scissors would always hurt & leave red marks on my fingers during & after. Now, instead of painful scissors, I use the NEW Veet Sensitive Touch Electric Trimmer. Because it's electronic, it feels like I'm sawing my split ends. Very satisfying!
But that's not what it's meant for, really.
What it is: An Electric Trimmer specially tailored to gently trim and precisely shape your delicate body parts, such as face, bikini and underarms.
It is also Waterproof & can be used in the shower.
*This is a NEW version, another one was launched some time back.
- 2-sided Precision Adjustable Head: 16 mm & 6 mm for optimal eyebrow shaping.
- Comb Attachment: To uniform hair to 2 different lengths - 2 mm & 4 mm.
- Horizontal Trimming Head: 20 mm. You can use this to fully trim your bikini area & underarms.
- 2 Comb Attachments: 2 mm & 4 mm, for trimming bikini.
- Cleaning Brush: To dust off hair that gets stuck in the trimmers.
- Beauty Pouch: To compactly store everything especially while travelling.
- AA battery.
For Face: I have not used this on my face, except my eyebrows. I really like that they added a smaller trimmer on the other side, this is important for utmost precision, especially around eyebrows. The head is adjustable, so you can tilt it both ways. The comb attachment is also the right size for trimming brows to a perfect length. I think it would come in real handy for people with more facial hair, more so during emergencies.
For Underarms: I like to get everything waxed, but if I had to pick between using this & a razor, I'd always pick this. Simply because unlike with a razor, I can easily just target the hair & not have to touch my skin much with this. It's similar to tweezing, except you're only trimming from the root.
For Bikini: Trimming is necessary even if you usually go for a full Brazilian Wax, simply because it hurts less when hair is of a certain uniform length. I have the Braun Female Groomer, which somehow always aggressively tugs painfully. But this does no such thing, it's gentle & it's the ideal size. I judged the quality of this trimmer based on that alone.
Before using it: It's better you put on some talcum powder on your skin before you use this, it works better. On my legs, I also tried with body oil, but I found that powder is better, because hair doesn't cling on your skin, making it easier to trim from the root.
Overall, I can't find any fault with this product. I think it caters to every hair grooming need. After trying out every feature, I would definitely miss it if I no longer have it.
And yes, not to forget the split ends sawing bit. I'm also looking forward to cutting my own hair with this. I've thought of ways to cut my bangs & create volume at the crown using this. Let's see.
By "best", I just mean money well spent. Because they're pretty.... and girly....
and they simply bring a sort of..... custom-made joy to my life =D
H&M Vintage Pink Faux Fur Jacket: From the kids' section, for 8-10 yrs old! ;p
One size up would've been more my size, but that was no longer available.
I was shopping with my Mom at H&M, basically I needed some jumpers for Zii. We went our separate ways at the store. I spotted these pink faux fur coats that don't look like they're for kids in one corner. My Mom found me while I was trying them on in front of a mirror at the back of the store, and she was like, "All this time I thought you were shopping for your child, but here you are. You are not only a shopaholic, you are a holic.". I tried one similar coat from the Women's section, in a Size 6, just to compare, but it didn't sit as well as this one on my petite frame + the sleeves were too long. Now I know where to go for coats from now on...hehe!
La Senza Bralette ~ I have a thing for bralettes, if you haven't noticed it yet, and I was psyched to find a pink lacy one. Most of the lacy ones I see are always black. I find bralettes without any straps and hooks more comfortable to wear under body-hugging sweaters and winter clothes (Actually, I hate bra straps altogether!) This comes with matching knickers.
Herbal Essences Ignite My Colour Dry Shampoo ~ It doesn't leave any white powdery residue & it smells like roses + adds some volume. I found this at a chemist shop for Rs.760.
It's Skin Caviar Double Effect Serum ~ Product of the week! I was hooked from the first time I used it. Price: Rs.2300
The Life Changing Magic Of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo: I spoke about this book in this post, and I finally got it. I've yet to finish reading the whole book, and I want to do a proper review to let you guys know if it really is life-changing. But I learnt one very useful tip: To fold your clothes vertically, so everything is laid out for you, and you don't have to dig for anything. Wait, I will come back and talk more about this in another post.
ZARA Sock-Style Over The Knee Boots ~ It's hard to find OTK boots in India, and next to impossible if your feet are tiny. When I saw some on Zara website, I ordered 2 pairs. Both Size UK 2. I posted a short video of me unboxing this pair (etc) on Instagram. In case you're not on social media, I'll attach it here.....
It took me a while to get into blogging mode, and after having trouble trying to decide which was gonna be my 1st post of the year, I'm going with the kind I personally like to have a look at on other blogs.....
Here are my TOP 17 Beauty Products of 2017. Stuff that I'll still be using this year.....
~ Makeup ~
1. MAC Face and Body Foundation: Pure Love for it! If you have never found a lightweight sheer coverage foundation that somehow blurs out your spots and makes your skin look more healthy, this is it. My shade is C2.
2. Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water: You know a primer is good when your makeup is recyclable the next day *insert see-no-evil monkey emoji here*. It was the holidays & freezing cold! I didn't want to love this, because it's expensive, but when my base looks more flawless with it....
3. L'Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eye Liner: The only black kohl I used all year. It's very black & super soft & long-lasting.
4. L'Oreal Le Matte Lip Pen 102 She's So Matte: This was my most favorite lipstick in 2017. It's very comfortable & just that kind of wearable pinky-nude. For more photos, please go here.
5. Deborah Milano Fluid Velvet Mat Lipstick 01 Antique Rose: My most used liquid lipstick last year, more often as a base under She's So Matte up there.
6. Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara: I bought 3 of these in 2017 alone, and I can say it's the best Maybelline Mascara for thin lashes.
~ Skincare ~
7. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask: Laneige's bread & butter, and rightly so. You apply this before sleeping, and the next day you'll look like you had a facial in your dream. Dry skinned peeps are gonna love this to bits. It's pricey, but small samples of it are sold on Ebay.
(Price: I bought it from Indonesia for around Rs.3000)
8. It's Skin Mango White Peeling Gel: It's a gel that works like a scrub to slough off dead skin. My skin texture looks & feels brand new after I use it - once a week. It's a game-changer for me, especially before I start using a new toner or serum (etc) product.
(Price: Rs.990? Not sure, will update)
9. L'Oreal Extraordinary Boosting Oil: I've been using this to prep my lips before lipstick mostly & it works like a charm. It worked like magic on the faces of those I recommended it to as well. I've not used a lot of facial oils, but this doesn't make me want to look for another.
10. The Face Shop Protect Me Hand Cream Avocado: Adorable packaging, good hand cream - it's a win win. I'm so sad it's empty now :(
~ Hair ~
11. Patanjali Kesh Kanti Aloe Vera Hair Cleanser (Shampoo): If you're struggling with hair fall, try an Aloe Vera Shampoo. I love this - it smells good, and the area where I was losing the most hair has noticeably improved.
~ Tools ~
12. The Body Shop Luxury Flannel Facial Washcloth: Bought is impulsively on sale, and it became real handy after I got eyelash extensions. It's especially useful when you don't want to splash water on your face. It hardens like a rock when dry, softens when wet. It's like a latex sponge in cloth form. I like it even more because it doesn't stain, you can wash all makeup & kohl stains of it.
13. Forever 21 Cloud Graphic Cotton Swabs: There are 500 pieces in there! I go through like 10 cotton swabs a day, and if you're curious, I use them to scoop out foundation too. I was so tired of always running out of the Johnson's ones. Still available at F21 HERE
14. Innisfree Cover Stamping Puff: It's a makeup sponge, that you can use either wet or dry.
I spray some Smashbox Primer Water on it, and it's like I'm using a Beauty Blender. For the price, it's a gem.
15. Clean & Clear Oil Control Film: Oil blotting sheets. The best I've ever tried till date.
I don't know why these aren't available in India yet! I stock up on them when I go to Bangkok.
(Price: Rs. ???)
16. Victoria's Secret Bombshell Rollerball Perfume: This is the first perfume I've ever really loved for the scent alone (coz I've always cared about the bottle more), and the one perfume that gets me the most compliments (esp in elevators). I'm gonna travel somewhere this year just so I can get my hands on the full bottle - I mean duty-free. You can check out my (old) Perfume Collectionhere.
(Price: I got it on sale for around Rs.2000)
~ Nail Polish ~(Not in pictures, as I've misplaced it)
17. Colorbar Glitter Nail Polish: This deserves to be here, coz I wear this on top of every nail polish and on it's own. Worn here & here
If you're wondering why there are no Eyeshadows or blush in this list, it's because I've been using mostly the same ones! 2017 was the year I invested on skin & hair care more.
Thank You for visiting & have a wonderful 2018! :*
Which beauty product did you love most in 2017?
P.S. For all those waiting, my 2-year Korean Skincare Regime post is coming shortly.
Introducing Lakmé‘s ultimate solution to getting the bright, bold and beautiful eye look, the Eyeconic Liner Pens in two variants of block and fine tip. While, the fine tip variant is perfect to give you that precise and sharp line which lasts throughout the day, the block- tip will help you sparkle-up with a bold, graphic look when stepping out in the evening. The easy to use stamp format of the block pen is all that you need to get the perfect wing in just seconds. So, this is perfect for women who are always on the go and live by the motto - Long day, don’t care!
The two Liner Pens promise to deliver 2X deep black, intense color that your eyes long for and last for a whopping 14 hours. Sounds unreal, right? And not just this, the water-resistant formula is a great fit for all seasons with strokes that liven up your eyes instantly!
Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Girl Gang. Shown here.
(It is a nice bold shade and all, but I have to say the formula is not the best compared to other liquid lipsticks. It gets patchy easily during application and doesn't feel comfortable. I prefer Deborah Milano, Stila & NYX Lip Lingerie over this.)
If you are wondering why I'm not looking at you and showing my full eye makeup,
well.... one of my eyelashes had popped out at the inner corner on one eye (I just gave up on it!), and you girls who wear falsies understand this annoying problem very well =D
Also, I have run out of good eyelash glue - I mean Eylure.
That and my crappy selfie-clicking skills!
I hate clicking selfies, because no matter how cute I think I look in the mirror, I always look 10x less cute on my phone camera....haha! ;p
Happy Friday, Everyone!
I'm so J of you all who are off to Black Friday sales! =)