It’s been six months since Google rolled out the final stable version of the Android 9.0 update. That said, at least Asus made it easier on phone owners and announced an Android 9 Pie upgrade plan for its phones at zentalk.
Here’s the list of Asus smartphones that will get the update:
Zenfone 4 Max (ZC554KL)
Zenfone 4 Selfie (ZD553KL)
Zenfone 4 Max (ZC520KL)
Zenfone Live (ZB553KL)
Zenfone 4 Max (ZB520KL)
Zenfone Max Plus (M1) Clear Soft Bumper (ZB570TL)
Zenfone 5Q (ZC600KL)
Zenfone Live (L1) Clear Soft Bumper (ZA550KZ / ZA551KL)
Zenfone Max Pro (ZB602KL)
Zenfone Max Pro (ZB601KL)
Zenfone Max (M1) Clear Soft Bumper (ZB555KL / ZB556KL)
Zenfone 5 (ZE620KL)
Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL)
ROG Phone (ZS600KL)
Zenfone Max Pro (M2) Clear Soft Bumper (ZB631KL/ ZB630KL)
Zenfone Max (M2) Clear Soft Bumper (ZB633KL / ZB632KL)
Asus didn’t say exactly when the devices would get Android 9 Pie, only that they would get the update this year. Asus also didn’t state if it’s prioritizing some handsets over others. We’ll have to wait and see how Asus’ upgrade plan unfolds as we go further into 2019.
How to redeem 100 GB of Google Drive storage free ? Once purchasing ZenFone, ZenFone Laser, ZenFone Selfie, ZenFone Max, ZenFone Go, ZenFone Zoom, ZenFone Ultra, ZenFone Deluxe or ZenPad series, your device will come with free 100GB of Google Drive storage for one/two years.
1. One device can only be redeemed once for an account. You can not redeem two or more device to a single account.
2. These brand new devices and model names are eligible for two years. (CN sku excluded from this free redeem):
• ZenFone 2 (except those purchased through AT&T) Models: ZE500CL, ZE550ML, ZE551ML
The ASUS ZenFone 6 is the successor of the ZenFone 5 ZE620KL launched last year. Not to be confused with first generation of ZenFone 6 back in 2014, the new ZenFone 6 launch leaked by lowyat.net journalist when picked up their MWC press in Barcelona El-Prat Airport.
The launch date was shown in an advertisement inside the Official Show Preview for Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2019 by Mobile World Live which is a publication owned by GSMA, the people behind MWC.
Scheduled to launch on May 14th, the ad also tell us the launch event will take place at Valencia, Spain. From this ad we could see the first appearances of ZenFone 6 2019 with tagline "Defy Ordinary"
Anyway, the teaser is pretty vague, but it's probably safe to say that the handset won't have a notch and particularly slim bezels. Perhaps we are looking at yet another slider phone or a periscope-like selfie camera? Either way, we still have a lot of time until the May 14 unveiling and even more leaks to come in the meantime.
What is [Data usage] function? With the "Data usage" function, you can check the data usage when using the cellular network or Wi-Fi network on a month, day, or application basis. In addition, each data usage can be managed and restricted by cellular network, Wi-Fi network, per application. * Please be aware that the data usage recorded here may differ from the data usage of the telecommunications company that you are using.
1. You can check the data usage of "Today" and "This Month" by tapping "Data usage" in Mobile Manager app.
2. By tapping "Today", you can check the data usage of the day on a per application basis.
3. By tapping "This Month" you can check the data usage of the current month by application.
Manage and restrict data usage of cellular networks:
1. Tap "Set a Mobile Data Limit".
2. By switching the switch next to "Cellular data", you can switch the connection to the cellular network to enable and disable.
By tapping "Set data plan" you can manage and limit monthly data usage. Also, you can toggle the created data plan with the switch next to it.
4. Items that can be set using the "Set data plan" function are "Limit", "Warning", "Unlimited plan", "Renewal date".
a) For "Limit", enter the total amount of data to be used in one month.
b) When reaching the data usage selected in "Data limit alert", an alert notification message will be displayed. Turn off the switch next to "Unlimited plan" to temporarily stop the cellular network when it reaches the data usage entered in "Limit".
c) In "Renewal date", enter the start date to start calculating monthly data usage.
Manage and limit data usage by application:
1. Tap "Control app data usage".
2. The application list will be displayed. By toggling the switch next to the application, you can restrict the connection to the cellular network or Wi-Fi network for each application. To restrict the connection to the cellular network, make settings from "Cellular" tab. "Wi-Fi" tab to restrict connection to Wi-Fi network.
3. You can set limits for cellular networks and Wi-Fi networks on a per-app basis. From the list, tap the application you want to restrict. If you want to restrict the connection to the cellular network, toggle the switch next to "Cellular" .For "Wi-Fi" if you want to restrict the connection toggle the switch next to Wi-Fi network.
4. You also can restrict the connection from the background to the cellular network and the Wi-Fi network by unchecking "background data". * Depending on the application, restricting the connection of the network in the background may restrict the function of the application.
5. You can also restrict all apps by disabling the switch next to "All apps". To restrict the connection to the cellular network, make settings from "Cellular" tab and for "Wi-Fi" tab to restrict connection to Wi-Fi network.
Asus just uploaded the Android 9.0 Pie FOTA update for its Zenfone 5 ZE620KL and the package can be found on the company's official FOTA website. The FOTA update is just around 1.1GB you can get it by go to settings>system update. Or via manual by download this FOTA (make sure you in the latest firmware before pie.
Download FOTA Android 9.0 Pie for Asus ZenFone 5 ZE620KL
downloaded file to the microSD card. Enter into recovery mode, choose "apply updates from microSD, select the downloaded package, confirm and you are all set. If you want OTA update should be coming shortly too - so keep an eye for the notification. And as for the rest of the Zenfone lineup, in an official statement, Asus said that the Zenfone 5z will be getting the Pie by the end of January
Today ZenFoneblog will share How to Root Max Pro M1 ZB601KL with Snapdragon 636. Unlock bootloader is required for root, installing Custom Recovery or Custom ROM, but it will void the warranty so DWYOR (Do it with your own risks).
Today I will share How to Install Custom Recovery for your ZenFone Max Pro M1 ZB601KL. Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP), is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images. Today Asus zenfone blog will teach you How to Install TWRP recovery for ZenFone Max Pro M1 ZB601KL. To install TWRP recovery you need unlock bootloader your zenfone 2 laser, and this action will void your warranty. DWYOR (Do it with your own risks).
You will receive this warning after unlock zenfone bootloader
Today ZenFoneblog will share How to Unlock bootloader ZenFone Max Pro M1 ZB601KL with Snapdragon 636. Unlock bootloader is required for root, installing Custom Recovery or Custom ROM, but it will void the warranty so DWYOR (Do it with your own risks). And this tutorial will erase your data so backup it first!
These wallpapers are stock wallpapers which is present on the ROG Phone. In order to download these wallpapers to your device, Simply click the image and save to your device or computer. Or you can download all via zip download link below.
ROG Phone Stock Launcher Wallpaper
ROG Phone System Wallpaper
Or you can download the zip files that have been attached to the Download Links section below. Once you have downloaded the zip file, you just need to unzip the zip file and enjoy the wallpapers from the device in original quality.
Asus seems to be working on successors for Zenfone Max (M1) and Zenfone Max Pro (M1) ZB601KL . The upcoming devices are going to be called Zenfone Max (M2) and Zenfone Max Pro (M2).
Both of them have recently been certified by the Eurasian Economic Commission in Russia. This process has confirmed the handsets' names, and revealed their model numbers.
the Zenfone Max (M2) will be ZB633KL, while the Zenfone Max Pro (M2) is ZB631KL. The leaks also tell us ZenFone Max Pro M2 will be using "Android version 8" or Oreo. which is really unfortunate since Android 9 Pie has been out for a while now and these devices aren't even official yet, but maybe this is only engineering model so the final product i hope will be using Android 9.0 Pie.
Specs haven't been outed, but we wouldn't be surprised at all if the new Max (M2) and Max Pro (M2) go fullview display, dual camera and the only certain i think is the battery size will be bis since it's Max line-up.