Indian Beauty Diary is a beauty blog created by Pooja Mittal to share the love for makeup , skincare , hair, home remedies and lot more . There will also be product reviews based on her experience to guide you and help you buy right products.
Hair fall spares none! It does not differentiate between men and women. We all need to take care of our hair. It can be caused by Dandruff, season change, diet or salon mistakes. Here are some basic tips to prevent hair fall in all seasons.
These are some basic tips and common mistakes correcting which can help with hair fall issue:
1) Make sure to not comb wet hair rigorously. Wet hair tends to shed more easily, so avoid combing your hair soon after a head bath. I would suggest detangling after hair is completely dry!
2) Please don't not get multiple treatments like colouring and straightening at the same time. Give your hair some rest. Either go for one or give a gap of around four weeks between two treatments so that the hair cycle can change
3) Do not tie your hair when they are wet. This is because the shafts of hair are weak at the time and strong pulls to your hair can lead to excessive hair fall.
4) To boost hair immunity, include more egg whites, bananas, sprouts and green vegetables in your diet as they have Vitamin H. It’s a biotin that is important for hair.
5) Too much use of homemade hair packs and excessive use of oil can be aggravating the condition of weak roots.
6) It is very important to use Leave in conditioner 2-3 times a week to repay the damage that sun or heat tools might have caused.
7) Men must try to avoid using gels or creams regularly since they are made of chemicals. Once a month is fine. But it’s better to stick to water.
8) Long hair girls shot not tie it up in a bun at all times. Doing so can lead to traction alopecia, thus, leading to gradual hair loss. Let your hair down, literally, and allow it to breathe.
9) Avoid tying your hair while sleeping.
10) Keep switching your shampoo every few months, or even weekly, to prevent resistance and excess chemical damage.
11) Make sure you keep a gap of 2-3 months before recolouring already colored hair.
12) Always use a wide tooth comb and it's even better if it is a wooden one.
13) Do not use an anti-dandruff shampoo on a regular basis as they can lead to early greying and also damage hair roots and shafts.
14) Do not tumble dry your hair; also, don’t bend your head down while drying (or even cleaning) your hair, since that causes excessive damage to the roots, and can lead to loss of follicles.
15) Use only ammonia-free dies and keep alternating between the brands.
16) Do not leave the head rollers on your hair overnight. The maximum time they should be in your hair is 3-4 hours.
17) Do not use a home hair-straightening iron more than twice a month.
18) Make sure to get a haircut or a trim quarterly.
By keeping in mind these everyday tips to prevent hair fall, one can totally solve the issue.
It's getting super hot in Delhi and nobody got time to slather on a lot of makeup when you know it going to melt off in 5 seconds. here is my 5-minute makeup which is perfect summers. It's an easy fresh summer makeup.
1) Huda Beauty #fauxfilter foundation in Butter Peacon
2) MAC Studio Fix Concealer in NC42
3) MAC Studio Fix Compact- NC 41
4) Nykaa Get Cheeky! Blush Duo- Cali Chick 02
5) Benefit Roller Lash
6) Anastasia Contour Kit
7) The Balm Jovi Pallet
8) Colorbar Kiss proof lip stain- Royal Pink
9) Elizabeth Arden-Pretty
Watch the tutorial below:
5 Minute Everyday Makeup- Chit Chat Get Ready With Me - YouTube
The look is done using minimum products and is not about perfection. This fresh face makeup is sweat proof and the makeup look can be done in under 5 minutes.
I don't even know when was the last time I listed my favourites and I though that now that it is too hot, I though I would list my May Summer Beauty Favourites.
As the video is pretty long, lets get straight into it:
Watch below or keep reading:
May Beauty Favorites - YouTube
1. Huda Beauty #fauxfilter foundation- This stuff is on a while new level. It is literally a eraser that erases all the scars and dark circles in one swipe. The foundation is full coverage. I use half a pump and it gives me a natural looking medium coverage that stays on for good 4-5 hours. The foundation photographers beautifully and is a dream for oily skin girls.
2. Elizabeth Arden-Pretty- This has been my favourite perfume for last year almost now. My dear friend shreya gave it to me as birthday gift last August and I have been obsessed since then! It is floral with some musky undernotes. I use it even on my nightsuit, that is how much I love it!
3. MAC Studio Fix Compact- NC 41- This is my favourite face powder right now. It keeps oil at bay for a few hours and never looks cakey.
4. The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask: I have been obsessed with this mask lately, I use it almost every night before sleeping. The mask is super cooling and soothing which is exactly what I need to beat the heat. The clay mask sucks all the excess oil and leaves skin fresh looking.
5. Huda Beauty Electric Obsessions: Honesty,I am not a color kind of a girl when it comes to eyeshadows, but the colora in this pallet are so easy to use, highly pigmented and each color standalone looks good! I love the pink and the yellow!
6. Kerastase Nutritive Shampoo- I started using this shampoo a month back and it is just so good. It helped me with my damaged hair and smells divine too!
7. Anastasia Glow Kit- Sweets- Highlighter is my weakness but I just can't bear glitter on my cheek bone. I love this pallet, it makes me glow like a greek goddess and photographers beautifully.
8. Huda Beauty Faux Mink Lashes- Farah- Have been obsessed with them since the day I got them. The lashes are extremely good quality. They add that extra glamour to the eye makeup and look super beautiful in pictures and videos.
9. Nykaa Get Cheeky! Blush Duo- Cali Chick 02- As its super hot here in delhi, there is no way I can go out with a full face of makeup. So for my easy breezy summer look, I like to go for a little foundation and this blush. I like to layer both the color.
10. The Body Shop Shea Exfoliating Sugar Scrub: I am obsessed with this scrub. It removes all the dry and dead skin as it has both sugar and salt and all the oil in it moisturises skin super well!
11. Nykaa Gel Shine Lacquer: 220- This bright pink with a hint of purple is my favourite nail color at the moment. It is a perfect pop of color for a hot summer day!
12. Benefit Roller Lash: This mascara is everything. It lengthens lashes, keeps them curled, is water proof but can be removed easily. Sadly I just ran out of it, need to repurchase ASAP!
13. Biotique Bio Papaya Scrub- This by far has been my favourite face scrub. It removed impurities and dead skin without stripping off the skin. I like to use it before I use my The Body Shop pack.
14. Colorbar Take me as I am- Seductive Tan- This is my current favourite lip crayon. It is creamy, glides on like butter, has insane color payoff and us really comfortable on lips. I love this color which is great medium brown.
15. Eco Tools Dual Ended Brush: This is the only brush that I have been using to do my eye makeup. One end is good for blending and ither is good for smudging, so one brush and I am sorted.
So Huda Beauty launched in India and of course I was jumping off the rooftop. I was already buying Huda Beauty products at cheap prices from Dubai but not they are easily accessible on Nykaa so that is a really good news. Here is my little Huda beauty haul.
Huda Beauty -LIQUID MATTE – MATERIAL GIRL- $27- 1650INR
Huda Beauty -LIP CONTOUR – MATERIAL GIRL- $24
Huda Beauty -LIP CONTOUR- VIDEO STAR- $24
Huda Beauty -LIP CONTOUR- ICON- $24
Huda Beauty -LIP CONTOUR- BOMBSHELL- $24
Huda Beauty Eyelash Glue- $23
I am a die heart Huda fan and honestly, her products are really good. If you are looking for comfordable matte lipsticks, poppoinh highlighters and full coverage foundation, you must try huda beauty out.
We all like to have lazy days when all we want is to wake up late and enjoy the hot cup of tea, but an instant lunch date plan can totally rush things up. One can not go out with outgrown bushy brows, unruly sideburns and a women moustache. In one such situation, I decided to try Veet Sensitive Touch Expert. Being a wireless, battery operated and waterproof, it is an easy solution for hair remover.
Veet Sensitive Touch Expert comes in a kit which has a different blade for eyebrows and different attachment to control the length of hair. The adjustable head makes it very easy to shape eyebrows and remove unwanted hair with high precision.
Being a Versatile gadget, it Can be used For Eyebrows, Upper lips, Sideburns, Chin, Bikini and even underarms.
Pros: 1. QUICK & GENTLE: easily remove any unwanted hair in one go with no fear of cuts. 2. HIGH PRECISION: dedicated accessories to get precise shaping and styling 3. Versatile: Can be used For Eyebrows, Upper lips, Sideburns, Chin, Bikini, underarms 4. Compact Design to take it with you everywhere for quick touch-ups on the go. 5. ADJUSTABLE HEAD: Adjustable head for easy eyebrow shaping 6. Waterproof – Can be used in the shower 7. INEXPENSIVE: It's just 2500 INR which is a great deal for all the attachments it comes with!
Cons: Works only with a Duracell.
If you want to look your best for the date with perfect brows and no unwanted hair, get your hands on Veet Sensitive touch and always look your best! It is the easiest way to remove unwanted hair!
As I travel pretty often, It gets a little difficult for me to keep my skin healthy. Here are few of my Must-Buys from the Body Shop that I like to use to prep my skin for travel and some travel essentials that I like to take with me on the trip.
1) Himalayan Charcoal Purifying glow Mask- For oily skin girls like myself, a good clay mask is a must. This one by The Body shop is not only cooling, soothing and leaves skin refreshing. It works on pores and evens out skin tone!
2) Shea Exfoliating Sugar Body Scrub- Honestly! I love this bad boy. It removes tanning, evens out skin tone and adds a lot of moisture. The full review is coming up soon.
3) The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel- I have been using The Body Shop Shower Gels for long and Mongra one is my favourite. This time I decided to try something new so went for the Olive one, will keep you posted on how I like it.
4) Drops of Light Pure Clarifying Foam Wash- As my skin is very sensitive, I make sure to use products that protect against sun spots and freckles. This one does exactly the same so thought of giving it a shot.
5) British Rose Petal-Soft Hand Cream- I can't live without a good hand cream and this one is just pure love. It is extremely moisturising, non-greasy and smells divine, I think I need a full size.
Some of these products like Body Scrub help me prepare for the trip and rest I like to take along to keep my face pimple and freckle-free and my hands soft at all times and in all climates!
I'm s first months of the year and also the first fab bag of 2018. So January bag is a cream color shimmy Fab Bag with the theme The Beauty Blowout.
Let's see what all January Fab Bag has in store for us:
1. Nirvaana Handmade Soap- First product from this months bag is this Hand made, pure goat milk and honey soap. The soap looks like fresh orange juice squeezed and turned into a bar and smells divine as well. Nirvaana Handmade Soap costs 200 INR.
2. VedantikA Herbals Rose Sandal Face Wash- Second product us this herbal face cleanser with rose oil and sandal oil. Never heard of this brand but I love the fact that the product literally is made of just 4 ingredients and has no artificial fragrance. VedantikA Herbals Rose Sandal Face Wash costs 150 INR for 50ml.
3. Maana Glow Illuminator- Next we have this highlighter which one can mix in base or just apply on top. Not heard of third brand as well but excited to try out an Indian brand's take on skin Illuminators. Also as its super expensive, I would like to see what is so special about it! Maana Glow Illuminator costs 2299 INR.
4. Vert Ready to use Wax Strips- For all the girls who are on the go, The Fab Bag hooked us up with this pack of ready to use waxing strips.
5. Acnes Purifying Clarifying Face wash- There are two little satches of this oil control face wash by Acnes.
This is all from January 2018 Fab Bag. Honestly, I am not a huge fan of the product selection. There are no known brands. The only products that excite me that too just because it's expensive and I want to see why is Maana Glow Illuminator. The Fab Bag team generally does a very good job of putting together a variety of products from different brands.
But If Illuminators are your thing, then you might love the bag!
Nykaa Glow Getter! Highlighter Duo Review - YouTube
I love me some highlighter but honestly, all I like is American and Korean blushes and highlighters. Most of the drugstore highlighters have super chunker glitter that looks very shimmery on the face but then we need to get highlighter on fleek. I just got Nykaa Glow Getter! Highlighter Duo and Dang! the youthful glowing skin that it gives is just spectacular.
Nykaa Glow Getter! Highlighter Duo costs 699 INR and come in two different Shade combos:
1) Nykaa Glow Getter! Highlighter Duo in 24K Glam which has a Pure gold and a Warm Gold Color. 2) Nykaa Glow Getter! Highlighter Duo in Glitterati which has a Rose Gold and Blonde Gold.
The product come in a square pallet with two generously sized pigment pans.The packaging is sturdy and I really appreciate the magnetic closer. All 4 colors have a different undertone and a very smooth texture. The highlighters being very finely milled blends into the skin seamlessly giving this natural, youthful glow.
I used all the 4 colors to highlight different places on my face and have to that every color has own charm and different level of shine. I love using rose gold in the eye area to highlight tear duct area, Blond gold under the eye, warm gold on the cheekbone and like to add pure gold on top for that extra glow for parties and night events.
Pros: 1) High quality, finely milled powders are easy to use and look seamless. 2) Can be used as both highlighter and eyeshadow. 3) The palette is made keeping in mind the Indian skin tones and suits everyone! 4) Blends effortlessly 5) Extremely soft on the skin 6) this highlighter stays put for 4-5 hours. 7) It gives this luminous sheen that gives this perfect glow. 8) Packaging is sturdy and travel-friendly. 9) It's - Non-comedogenic, D5 free Silicon free, Parabens Free, Mineral Oil free, Nano-ingredients, Cruelty-Free/Not tested on animal. 10) There is no fallout.
Cons: 1) One can easily go overboard with these and it might look like a shimmering mess. 2) I wish all 4 colors come in separate packs so that we can make our own highlighter duo.
At the whole, I really like Nykaa Glow Getter! Highlighter Duo's , these are most affordable highlighters can do it all. Using it sparingly can give a subtle natural glow and layering them can give that highlighter on fleek look. I would totally suggest giving them a shot!
Nykka just launched 12 new essential oils which are natural, vegan, cruelty and paraben free. Each oil costs 350 INR except Rose which is 550 INR and Geranium which us 450 INR. The Nykaa essential oil range consists of Oils Orange, Lemon, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Basil, Rose, Geranium, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Eucalyptus, Bergamot and Turmeric oil. The oils come safely packed in blue dropper bottle and leaflet with usage instructions.
These essential oils can be blended to create different moods/benefits. Additionally, they can be used for numerous hair and skin benefits. These oils should not be used directly on skin and are for external use only.
My favourite two of the bunch are:
Eucalyptus Essential oil - With its minty woody fragrance, this oil is not only a well known anti-septic but it also a helps get rid of blemishes. I like to mix 1 drop of eucalyptus essential oil with 3 drops if water and apply it with cotton on all my blemishes to get clear skin.
Lemon Essential Oil- Lemon essential oil smells very fresh and citrusy and hence is extremely rejuvenating. Just add a few drops of lemon oil to diffuser and it will help to detoxify and in relieving stress.
Check out nykaa.com for full range and do let me know which one do you like the most!
How to get Blemish Free Skin-Nykaa Essential Oils - YouTube
So makeup trend that I am absolutely loving is colored eyeshadow. Being a peach lover, I decided to give peach eyes makeup a try. Have to say, absolutely love the bright colored eye-look. I paired my pastel peach eye makeup with glowing healthy skin and peach pink lips. This is a perfect day glam look suitable for any occasion.
Check out how I achieved this glowing, simple yet glam makeup look.
Peach Eyemakeup- Day Glam Look - YouTube
If you are scared of a bold makeup look but still want to try colorful makeup, then this is a perfect way to experiment with pastel colored eyeshadows.