Indian Beauty Diary is a beauty blog created by Pooja Mittal to share the love for makeup , skincare , hair, home remedies and lot more . There will also be product reviews based on her experience to guide you and help you buy right products.
I'm s first months of the year and also the first fab bag of 2018. So January bag is a cream color shimmy Fab Bag with the theme The Beauty Blowout.
Let's see what all January Fab Bag has in store for us:
1. Nirvaana Handmade Soap- First product from this months bag is this Hand made, pure goat milk and honey soap. The soap looks like fresh orange juice squeezed and turned into a bar and smells divine as well. Nirvaana Handmade Soap costs 200 INR.
2. VedantikA Herbals Rose Sandal Face Wash- Second product us this herbal face cleanser with rose oil and sandal oil. Never heard of this brand but I love the fact that the product literally is made of just 4 ingredients and has no artificial fragrance. VedantikA Herbals Rose Sandal Face Wash costs 150 INR for 50ml.
3. Maana Glow Illuminator- Next we have this highlighter which one can mix in base or just apply on top. Not heard of third brand as well but excited to try out an Indian brand's take on skin Illuminators. Also as its super expensive, I would like to see what is so special about it! Maana Glow Illuminator costs 2299 INR.
4. Vert Ready to use Wax Strips- For all the girls who are on the go, The Fab Bag hooked us up with this pack of ready to use waxing strips.
5. Acnes Purifying Clarifying Face wash- There are two little satches of this oil control face wash by Acnes.
This is all from January 2018 Fab Bag. Honestly, I am not a huge fan of the product selection. There are no known brands. The only products that excite me that too just because it's expensive and I want to see why is Maana Glow Illuminator. The Fab Bag team generally does a very good job of putting together a variety of products from different brands.
But If Illuminators are your thing, then you might love the bag!
Nykaa Glow Getter! Highlighter Duo Review - YouTube
I love me some highlighter but honestly, all I like is American and Korean blushes and highlighters. Most of the drugstore highlighters have super chunker glitter that looks very shimmery on the face but then we need to get highlighter on fleek. I just got Nykaa Glow Getter! Highlighter Duo and Dang! the youthful glowing skin that it gives is just spectacular.
Nykaa Glow Getter! Highlighter Duo costs 699 INR and come in two different Shade combos:
1) Nykaa Glow Getter! Highlighter Duo in 24K Glam which has a Pure gold and a Warm Gold Color. 2) Nykaa Glow Getter! Highlighter Duo in Glitterati which has a Rose Gold and Blonde Gold.
The product come in a square pallet with two generously sized pigment pans.The packaging is sturdy and I really appreciate the magnetic closer. All 4 colors have a different undertone and a very smooth texture. The highlighters being very finely milled blends into the skin seamlessly giving this natural, youthful glow.
I used all the 4 colors to highlight different places on my face and have to that every color has own charm and different level of shine. I love using rose gold in the eye area to highlight tear duct area, Blond gold under the eye, warm gold on the cheekbone and like to add pure gold on top for that extra glow for parties and night events.
Pros: 1) High quality, finely milled powders are easy to use and look seamless. 2) Can be used as both highlighter and eyeshadow. 3) The palette is made keeping in mind the Indian skin tones and suits everyone! 4) Blends effortlessly 5) Extremely soft on the skin 6) this highlighter stays put for 4-5 hours. 7) It gives this luminous sheen that gives this perfect glow. 8) Packaging is sturdy and travel-friendly. 9) It's - Non-comedogenic, D5 free Silicon free, Parabens Free, Mineral Oil free, Nano-ingredients, Cruelty-Free/Not tested on animal. 10) There is no fallout.
Cons: 1) One can easily go overboard with these and it might look like a shimmering mess. 2) I wish all 4 colors come in separate packs so that we can make our own highlighter duo.
At the whole, I really like Nykaa Glow Getter! Highlighter Duo's , these are most affordable highlighters can do it all. Using it sparingly can give a subtle natural glow and layering them can give that highlighter on fleek look. I would totally suggest giving them a shot!
Nykka just launched 12 new essential oils which are natural, vegan, cruelty and paraben free. Each oil costs 350 INR except Rose which is 550 INR and Geranium which us 450 INR. The Nykaa essential oil range consists of Oils Orange, Lemon, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Basil, Rose, Geranium, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Eucalyptus, Bergamot and Turmeric oil. The oils come safely packed in blue dropper bottle and leaflet with usage instructions.
These essential oils can be blended to create different moods/benefits. Additionally, they can be used for numerous hair and skin benefits. These oils should not be used directly on skin and are for external use only.
My favourite two of the bunch are:
Eucalyptus Essential oil - With its minty woody fragrance, this oil is not only a well known anti-septic but it also a helps get rid of blemishes. I like to mix 1 drop of eucalyptus essential oil with 3 drops if water and apply it with cotton on all my blemishes to get clear skin.
Lemon Essential Oil- Lemon essential oil smells very fresh and citrusy and hence is extremely rejuvenating. Just add a few drops of lemon oil to diffuser and it will help to detoxify and in relieving stress.
Check out nykaa.com for full range and do let me know which one do you like the most!
How to get Blemish Free Skin-Nykaa Essential Oils - YouTube
So makeup trend that I am absolutely loving is colored eyeshadow. Being a peach lover, I decided to give peach eyes makeup a try. Have to say, absolutely love the bright colored eye-look. I paired my pastel peach eye makeup with glowing healthy skin and peach pink lips. This is a perfect day glam look suitable for any occasion.
Check out how I achieved this glowing, simple yet glam makeup look.
Peach Eyemakeup- Day Glam Look - YouTube
If you are scared of a bold makeup look but still want to try colorful makeup, then this is a perfect way to experiment with pastel colored eyeshadows.
So our third and last day in Kufri was surprisingly warm. We ate our yummy gobi paranthas on our balcony with the view and then headed to the rooftop in search of a little trek that we never found. Later went to Shimla mall road to just have a look. and guess what!! we ended up spending the entire day shopping and eating. Wake & Back was not a good experience but shopping sure was fun. Will be posting a haul soon.
Kufri Vlog-Day 3 - YouTube
Next day we had to say goodbuy to Kufri but definitely had our breakfast with a view before leaving.
Continuing my story, so day two we woke up to a beautiful view and decided to enjoy the breeze while we ate our breakfast. After stuffing our faces with nommy-nommy paranthas we were taken to Chail by car arranged by Royal Tulip Kufri team. The drive was just BEAUTIFUL!
After strolling through the palace, we drove back and on the way back ate the most yummiest maggie. Later went to the Spa at Royal Tulip to relax ourselves. Ended the day with some Himalayan food, watched movies and called it a night .
Kufri Vlog-Day 2 - YouTube
This was all we did on Day 2 in Kufri, do check out my Kufri VLog Day 1 too!
If you have been following me on Instagram then you might already know that recently I collaborated with Royal Tulip Kufri for a FAM trip. They took us to Kufri to experience the luxury hotel, yummy food and enjoy the cold Kufri weather.
In this vlog, you will see us travelling from Delhi to Chandigarh via Kalka express and then our car arranged by Royal Tulip Kufri took us via road to the beautiful property.We reached Kufri around 6pm and were very tired so took a hotel tour and went straight to eat. After some yummy snacks and dinner, we sent to sleep as next day was a long one. Watch my vlog video below:
Festive season might the over but I am not ready to let go of the glam outfits and makeup. Here is a quick and easy Indian Makeup look. Smokey Eyes and Nude lips look the best on Indian Girls when combined with bindi and that is the look I went for.
When it comes to Indian makeup, I always go for bold eyes and brown nude lips. FOr this look I used the following products:
1) Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Serum Foundation 2) MAC pressed powder 3) Maybelline Concealer 4) Lakme Absolute Luxe Matte Lip Color With Argan Oil 5)Loreal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow Paint 6)Maybelline Hyper Impact Liner Black
Here is the full tutorial:
Indian Makeup- Smokey Eyes+Nude Lips - YouTube
This quick Indian makeup is perfect for any occasion like a little party or even as a wedding guest makeup look.
It's time to unbox the October Fab Bag! This month being the Diwali is a bit special so I am expecting a little extra from my Fab Bag.
The theme of October Fab Bag is Steal The Limelight and here is what all it has in store:
1. Sugar Never Say Dry Creme Lipstick- 03 The Brown Ultimatum- I am a huge fan of Sugar Never Say Dry Creme Lipstick so I am really happy to have it in my Fab Bag. Its a comfortable matte lipstick that stays on lips all day! I have it in this gorgeous brown color. Sugar Never Say Dry Creme Lipstick costs 499 INR for a tube.
2. Kronokare City Detox Face Wash- As I keep mentioning, I am a huge fan of Kronokare products. This all natural brand makes the best lipbalm, excited to try their facewash. Kronokare City Detox Face Wash costs 150 INR for 30ml.
3. Mond'Sub Gold Facial Mask- A little too excited to try out this face mask, Shall be going a review video soon. Mond'Sub Gold Facial Mask costs 250 INR for 60gm.
4. Yuana Premium Hair Oil- You know I love to try out new hair products, so this hair out l is going straight into my hair products drawer. Yuana Premium Hair Oil costs 337 INR for 50ml.
These are all the products I got in my October Fab Bag. Happy that most products are useful. My favourites ofcourse are Sugar Never Say Dry Creme Lipstick and Mond'Sub Gold Facial Mask.
Diwali DIY Gift Wrapping Ideas- Diwali DIY - YouTube
So if you have been on Instagram in last two days then you might already know that Nykaa is going mega, they are launching a lot of cool beauty products including Foundations, blending sponges, brushes, nailpaints and more! I got a package from Nykaa with every single new launch, so let's get straight into the box and see what all it has in store for is!
Grab a cup of coffee, sit back and watch the unboxing video or keep on reading:
Huge Nykaa Haul- #NykaaGoesMega - YouTube
1. SkinGenius Foundation Sticks- They are Creamy foundation sticks which have silky texture and are said to have matte finish.They cost MRP 525/-, come in 7 shade and have an SPF of 15. The package mentions that they blend perfectly and gives a medium-high coverage. They are Non comedogenic Cruelty Free/Not tested on animals, Dermatologically tested, Enriched with Vitamin E to nourish your skin.
2. Get Inked Get Winged Eyeliners- These eyeliners cost MRP 450/- each and said to have dark Deep Black Finish which is long lasting,Transfer proof,Smudge-proof, applies in a Stroke and has Intense color pay off. Their Conical Fine Tip for precision and Innovative Slant Angular Tip for Instant wings are their USP. The eyeliners are Free of Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Preservatives, Paraben.
3. Nykaa Salon Gel Pro Nail Lacquer Collection- Patent Pro-These Nykaa Nailpaints have UV Formula that doesn’t require a UV lamp or damaging removing process, just 2-coats of this gel formula will give sexy nails that are long-lasting, no chip and ridiculously shiny! In the first coat, you get an opaque finish and intense color that dries in a jiffy. On the application of the second coat, you get a plumping gel finish that lasts days and days. This formula is designed to air-dry quickly on its own. All you have to do, is just apply each coat, wait for two minutes and apply the next. So easy! The range of 24 stunning shades to suit your every mood! Each nailpaint costs 325 INR.
4. BlendMaster Makeup Perfecting Sponges- There are 2 shapes of Blender, a All Rounder blender and a Sculpting blender. All Rounder Sponge : The flat bottom can be used with a stippling motion to create airbrushed look.Sculpting Sponge: curvy pear shape offers an easy, comfortable to grip and use. The bottom is for a softer application, a ridged center for a more intense application. One can do contouring, bronzing and concealing everything from this one sponge. Each sponge cost 425 INR and come in 4 colors each!
5. BlendMaster Oval Brushes- The brushes are exquisite blend of form and function. Being ultra-soft, cruelty-free bristles give seamless finish. (No streakiness!). Unique, curved handle, which is designed for self-application allows to apply your makeup evenly. multi-purpose brushes are designed to blend any product efficiently.
Available in Individual Packs as well a Full 10-piece set. Discount as below on the brushes only on Launch Date • Powder Oval – 15% discount • Foundation Oval Brush – 15% discount • Cheek Oval Brush – 15% discount • Contour Brush – 15% discount • Highlighter Brush – 15% discount • Precise Contour Brush – 25% • Eyebrow Brush – 25% • Eyeliner Brush – 25% • Eyeshadow Brush – 25% • Lip Brush – 25% • Brush Set – 30%
These are all the latest launches from Nykaa Beauty! I am super excited to try out everything. Do let me know which product do you want to add to your collection!
Read Full Article
Read for later
Articles marked as Favorite are saved for later viewing.
Scroll to Top
Separate tags by commas
To access this feature, please upgrade your account.