Women's Health: What it is, how it's funded and what changes do we need? (Joy Rios)
Faces of Digital Health
by Tjasa Zajc
4d ago
Debates around equity and equality, especially concerning men and women and female representation, can become heated and divisive quickly. For a long time, female bodies have been perceived merely as male bodies with different reproductive organs. However, the differences go beyond that: 80% of people with autoimmune conditions are women, 66% of Alzheimer's disease patients are women, and symptoms of cardiovascular diseases present differently in women and men, among other disparities. These health issues significantly impact women's productivity. In today's episode, you will hear a recording ..read more
Visit website
HIMSS Europe 2024: EHDS, future of interoperability, next steps in AI, and where patient journey fits in?
Faces of Digital Health
by Tjasa Zajc
2w ago
Rome was buzzing with digital health at the end of May as the HIMSS Europe conference took place at La Nuova Congress Center. Delegates from 80 countries and representatives of health ministries of 20 countries marked the event with discussions about the implementation of EHDS, the EU AI Act, and more.  In this episode, a few participants share their impressions from the discussions at the conference and the current state of healthcare digitalization in Europe. You will hear from:  Jordi Piera-Jiménez. Director of the Digital Health Strategy Office, Catalan Health Service, who share ..read more
Visit website
Can We Harmonize Medication Management Across Europe?
Faces of Digital Health
by Tjasa Zajc
1M ago
According to WHO, the global cost associated with medication errors is 42 billion US dollars. Errors can happen at the point of prescribing, transcribing from one system to the other, or administration, when the wrong patient is given either the wrong drug or the wrong dose. Medication administration errors can be prevented with the introduction of closed-loop medication management, where all points of medication handling are connected and done electronically; even medication administration is done with the help of barcode scanning of the patient barcode and medication barcode. Three European ..read more
Visit website
Learning From pan-Canadian Health Data Strategy - What's Next to EHDS? (Eric Sutherland)
Faces of Digital Health
by Tjasa Zajc
1M ago
The European Health Data Space is around the corner. The legislation is confirmed. How do we get to the next steps? Today you will hear a discussion with Eric Sutherland, Senior Health Economist and Digital Health Lead at OECD, who worked on the pan-Canadian health data strategy before his current role. We discussed the upcoming implementation of the European Health Data Space, what needs to happen next, how do we involve the public, encourage trust in data sharing, and also build capacity for digital health implementation. We are moving into the era of new required data professionals, no ..read more
Visit website
Switzerland, AI and Liquid Biopsies
Faces of Digital Health
by Tjasa Zajc
1M ago
AI and predictive modeling to understand an individual’s immune system function and predict treatment response are still in very early stages. We dream about precision medicine and getting every answer we can for ourselves when we get sick. However, if we look at genomics, only about 20 percent of human coding genes are well-studied. The remaining 80 percent (about 16,000 genes, along with the proteins they make) are largely a mystery.  In this episode, you will hear more about the field of immuno-oncology, understand the correlation between tumor development and immune system response, a ..read more
Visit website
Switzerland, AI and Liquid Biopsies
Faces of Digital Health
by Tjasa Zajc
2M ago
AI and predictive modeling to understand an individual’s immune system function and predict treatment response are still in very early stages. We dream about precision medicine and getting every answer we can for ourselves when we get sick. However, if we look at genomics, only about 20 percent of human coding genes are well-studied. The remaining 80 percent (about 16,000 genes, along with the proteins they make) are largely a mystery.  In this episode, you will hear more about the field of immuno-oncology, understand the correlation between tumor development and immune system response, a ..read more
Visit website
Healthtech in the GCC Countries: Focus on Infrastructure and Export Capabilities
Faces of Digital Health
by Tjasa Zajc
2M ago
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) brings together six Arab countries – Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates  When one reads about the GCC countries, there’s nothing but the impression of prosperity: high investments, determination, and enthusiasm in tech-supported healthcare.  The spending on healthcare by the GCC governments is on an astronomical rise. From a regionwide US$2.4 billion in 2016, it rose to more than US$30 billion in 2021 and is projected to surpass US$104 billion this year, according to a report from the UAE Ministry of Economy.&nb ..read more
Visit website
DTx in 2024: Where Are We With Business and Reimbursement Models? (Andy Molnar)
Faces of Digital Health
by Tjasa Zajc
2M ago
In the last few years, we've witnessed a whirlwind of developments in the world of Digital Therapeutics (DTx) - from FDA approvals sparking optimism for the industry, to the establishment of regulatory frameworks in countries like Germany, France, and Belgium. However, in 2023, the industry faced a stark reality check, marked by the fall of some key players and healthcare systems' hesitancy towards embracing and financing these innovations. This turbulence has reshaped strategies and raised critical questions about the future of DTx. ? In this episode learn more about: ? The current state of t ..read more
Visit website
What Factors Should You Take into Account when Designing ePROs - Electronic Patient Reported Outcomes Solutions?
Faces of Digital Health
by Tjasa Zajc
3M ago
Patient-reported outcomes (PROs) have become increasingly integral in healthcare for assessing the effectiveness of treatments from the patient's perspective. It sounds like a reasonable step in improving clinical research and care provision, but gathering data can be more difficult then you may think. It isn't easy to get to marginalized communities. There are language barriers in collecting data. There are cultural aspects that impact responses. So, how can you design useful electronic solutions for patient-reported outcomes? Hear from Mustafa Ali Syed, Researcher at the Manchester Academic ..read more
Visit website
DTx in Belgium: It's Time to Embed Digital Therapeutics in Clinical Pathways
Faces of Digital Health
by Tjasa Zajc
3M ago
Did you know that Belgium has had an idea for classifying and validating digital therapeutics since 2018? A clear framework was formed with all main stakeholders involved - from health insurance to the industry. So why are we not hearing more about DTx in Belgium? In this discussion you will hear from Dr. Steven Vandeput -  he is the Advisor for Digital MedTech and Services & Technologies Home Assistance in Belgium; he is managing the mHealthBelgium portal and, since 2019, has been a representative for beMedTech, the sector federation that represents the industry of medical technologi ..read more
Visit website

Follow Faces of Digital Health on FeedSpot

Continue with Google
Continue with Apple
OR